FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Gonalons now has an international goalscoring record of 4 in 2. For me he has a goalscoring record of 3 in 95.

And for some reason Yannis has still only been capped once (2012), despite featuring in most of the last French squads and being the country's second best striker after Benzema.

Have finally finished the changes, I was originally planning to make possible changes to every French Ligue 1 team but I just don't have the time right now. Purefun is hassling me for this dB! As he can't start his game without it apparently. :D

Also, haven't added loads of missing young players like I did on 10.2, just don't have the time. :(

Make time, dump some friends or so, don't go out, yes do it Hopey, do it!!!!!

Looking for an attacking left sided player that can cut in, mainly as cover for Jovetic and Pjanic/Gourcuff. Don't want to spend too much money, but I need them to be hard working and determined, have reasonable fitness, decent attacking stats and be right footed. Don't care about age or anything else really.

Hatem Ben Arfa and Ronaldinho would be available on free transfers, but they're not hard working enough. The only other two I was considering were Eden Hazard and Samir Nasri, but they would both be very expensive, probably £25m+.

Anyone got any ideas?

Well in the end I breezed past Valencia 5-1 on aggregate, with their only goal coming from their right back Bruno. Mata and Villa kept quiet both legs, although Banega was good.

Pulled myself a nice easy quarter final draw against Marseille, so I'm happy about that. I say easy, I obviously mean easy compared to the alternatives...

I think Steve Mandanda is going to single-handedly ruin my season :mad:

He's won MOTM in both league games we've played Marseille, with one finishing 1-0 to us thanks to an absolutely mental last minute strike from Canales, and the other finishing 0-0 after pummeling the Marseille goal for 90 minutes.

Now we've just been dumped out of the Coupe de France with another Man of the Match display. After numerous "how the hell did he save that?" stops to take the game to extra time, he pulls off two great penalty saves from Pjanic and Lisandro, and Lloris can only make one. So that's the end of retaining the domestic treble.

Pretty soon we'll face Mandanda and, presumably, ten other players in the Champions League quarters, and I dread to think what's gonna happen. My bet would be an aggregate score of 0-0 with Marseille winning on penalties though :(

I HATE THE B@ST@RD!!

Getting a very French-looking squad together now. If all goes to plan, by the opening of the transfer window I should have the following Frenchies:

GK: Hugo

RB: Gassama

LB: Cissokho, Gassama, good regen

CB: Sakho, brilliant regen

DM: Toulalan, Gonalons, Moussa, Mehamha, good regen

CM: Gourcuff, Grenier, Mehamha, good regen

RW: Remy, Pied, Gourcuff

LW: Gourcuff, Pied, Yannis

ST: Yannis, Remy, Belfodil

Okay, I tried to make it look like there's more than there is by repeating them :) but I'm getting there. Moussa and Remy haven't definitely signed yet either, but I'm fairly sure I'll get them tbh.

It's dead, I think Lightig and I are the only ones playing atm :( I'll just keep updating nobody, hopefully someone will see how much fun I'm having and want in haha.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention they have to be EU. Neymar in particular looks quality and cheap though, shame.

Moussa and Remy sign for OL :cool: Means Kimmy K and Joaquin will be going in the summer.

Well I have a couple of days off this week and hope to get back to my Lyon game, will update at the half way point in the season (admittedly it will probably take me ages to even get that far).

I suspected that you were in 10.2 when I read your account of Mandanda's displays - awesome keeper anytime I've played Marseille, especially in 10.2 with the whole CCC/'superkeeper' malarkey.

Right this is getting ****ing ridiculous now, 3 games in a row I've been held to a 0-0 draw by Mandanda, in this latest game he's done it again and pulled off another Man of the Match performance to deny Lisandro, Alexis and co. If I don't score in my home leg, I... I, don't know what I'll do. I think I'm going mad tbh.

:mad:

Olympique Lyonnais 2009-2010:

Transfers:

http://yfrog.com/jpolympiquelyonnais5p

We're slowly getting the team younger, especially the defense.

Team:

http://yfrog.com/htolympiquelyonnais11p

I had a lot of injuries in the first middle of the season, but it got better in 2010 :)

Pjanic didn't play a lot because of a lot of injuries : he was almost always back from injury and then injured again after playing only one or two matches. Hopefully he was able to play all matches from March to the end.

Ligue 1:

http://yfrog.com/j7ligue118p

An easy Ligue 1 for this first season. We early took the first place and then increased our lead (mainly in 2010 with a wonderful winning row).

French Cup:

http://yfrog.com/jnmontpellierhraultscvolyp

Guys had difficulties to score. But finally match well dominated and victory!

Coupe de la Ligue:

http://yfrog.com/0jassaintetiennevolympiqup

What's best that crushing our rival in a final?

Champions League:

http://yfrog.com/j4olympiquelyonnais12p

THE disappointment of the season. After a difficult start, we won the last 4 games of the group round to win this group D. We unfortunately had to play Arsenal and weren't simply good enough, elmination deserved.

Looking for an attacking left sided player that can cut in, mainly as cover for Jovetic and Pjanic/Gourcuff. Don't want to spend too much money, but I need them to be hard working and determined, have reasonable fitness, decent attacking stats and be right footed. Don't care about age or anything else really.

Hatem Ben Arfa and Ronaldinho would be available on free transfers, but they're not hard working enough. The only other two I was considering were Eden Hazard and Samir Nasri, but they would both be very expensive, probably £25m+.

Anyone got any ideas?

So you basically want a world class winger but cheap eh?

It's dead, I think Lightig and I are the only ones playing atm. I'll just keep updating nobody, hopefully someone will see how much fun I'm having and want in haha.

Will start a new game soon, but I'm quite busy.

I'm trying to start my save I really do!!! I just sold my place and only bought a new place three days ago. I'm really busy tbh.

Woeful excuse, harassing me for the dB and now doesn't even start a new game ASAP? :mad:

At the start of the game he has :

CA 67 PA -8

IRL, He is a goal machine in U17 this season.

Time for him to get a -10 then romjet. ;) Btw, still haven't forgotten the Toulalan scoring remark!

Olympique Lyonnais 2009-2010:

Transfers:

We're slowly getting the team younger, especially the defense.

Team:

I had a lot of injuries in the first middle of the season, but it got better in 2010 :)

Pjanic didn't play a lot because of a lot of injuries : he was almost always back from injury and then injured again after playing only one or two matches. Hopefully he was able to play all matches from March to the end.

Ligue 1:

An easy Ligue 1 for this first season. We early took the first place and then increased our lead (mainly in 2010 with a wonderful winning row).

French Cup:

Guys had difficulties to score. But finally match well dominated and victory!

Coupe de la Ligue:

What's best that crushing our rival in a final?

Champions League:

THE disappointment of the season. After a difficult start, we won the last 4 games of the group round to win this group D. We unfortunately had to play Arsenal and weren't simply good enough, elmination deserved.

Good return from the sexy bearded goal machine, Tafer and Bastos :eek: Congrats with your season, unlucky in Europe!

I hate Ederson mate, but I do agree that I may have earned more money for him. I usually use an offensive 4-2-3-1:

http://yfrog.com/2tolympiquelyonnais6p

But when Pjanic was injured, I used to play a 4-4-2 with Tafer and Lisandro (I wasn't comfortable with Grenier yet).

Edit: Thanks guys. Yes, Bastos made a wonderful season as an Inside Forward (playing on the right wing)!

Mandanda just made another ridiculously good save, then they go up the other end and score. I need two goals to go through now, and past crazy-spider Mandanda that's never gonna happen unfortunately :(

Yannis scores, but it's well offside. Getting desperate now, randomly thrown Canales on in the hope he can recreate the miracle of scoring past Mandanda.

Btw 60 mins gone and Mandanda is by far the highest rated :(

Edit:

TAFERRR!

1-1, 15 minutes to go. Was the most pathetic goal, Alexis cross, Yannis got a touch on it, hit a defender and dribbled across the line. Just need another one :cool:

Okay... I think I've calmed down now :)

So you basically want a world class winger but cheap eh?

Exactly, you got it ;)

Anyway I think I'm going off the idea now, I'll just carry on using Pjanic/Gourcuff/Jovetic and rotating the positions.

I hate Ederson mate

Why do you hate Ederson? :eek:

Bah... lost my CL qualifier to Fiorentina - 0-0 at home and 2-3 away. Frey got 9.1 and MOM in the 2nd leg despite conceding two which should give you an idea of the general balance of play. He made three amazing saves in the last 10 mins to see them through, sadly for me Lloris, Cris and Boumsong all played quite badly.

Don't really mind that much as I can concentrate on regaining the League + it gives me at least 6 Europa League games to blood the youngsters. Just won 3-1 at an internationally experienced Ventspils side (albeit Latvian, Moldovan and Belarusian internationals!) with this side:

GK. Vercoute

RB. Gassama

LB. Kolodzieczak

CB. Lovren

CB. Seguin

DMC. Gonalons

MC. Mehamha

MC. Grenier

AMR. Lacazette

AML. Ederson

ST. Tafer

Hopefully I can get all these players, and other teenagers, around 10-15 games this season to boost their development.

League has started well with 4 wins and 1 draw from the first 5 games. Bodmer and Lisandro are the main men so far - the highlight being a hat-trick from Bodmer as a box-to-box midfielder at Auxerre. Just like FM07 all over again.

:cool: Is all I can say.

Yeah, they're doing okay. That same XI (except Belfodil in for Tafer) just beat a decent Dinamo Bucharest team with Grenier notching his first goal with a nice shot from 20 yards. Lots of green arrows making an appearance already :)

Lovren was injured for that one but had been playing Boumsong in the early games anyway - he's been ousted by Lovren now though. Probably would have signed a CB but I turned transfers off in the first window.

Archived