FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so I started a new save and these are my transfers thus far:

transfersf.th.jpg

I have around £6M left and am not sure who to spend it on. R.Madrid will accept nothing less than £4.7M for Gago or I could get another striker or another CB. Any suggestions?

I'm not really sure you really need anyone else, as good as Gago is you have loads of good midfieders to choose from. If you are only playing one striker then Lisandro is the main man and Gomis is an ok back-up (just scored 4 in his last 2 for me) until Tafer is ready for 1st team action.

Flying along nicely now after our early season wobbles with only 1 defeat in our last 21 games and even that was 2-1 away to Lazio when we already had a 3-0 lead from the 1st leg. We also have a great defensive record with 12 clean sheets in the last 13 games. Despite that I still can't shake off Bordeaux - its neck and neck with 59 points each with 10 games to go.

Do you guys think I should get Gago for £5.5M?
Slightly 2 much mate, try and get him for less :thup:

Don't get him you have enough options.

Get another cb or so.

How did you get Otamendi so cheap.? Are you giving profit %?

Nice defensive record CPS!

Purefun, as soon as the game started, I did a scout report on him and they wanted like 1.8, so I offered 2.5 and they accepted immediately. Same with Buonnanote.

McGougan33: Well it's between N'koulou - 5M, Mongongu - 5.75M and Stefan Radu - 3.3M.

Thanks for the advice guys :D

You dont need another st mate, got plenty of talent there for that, if you want a new cb have a look at some of the french teams, theyve got some good young talent in there ( cant think of names offhand )

Yep, Adil Rami at Lille could be a good option. His average rating is the highest for a defender in the League in my game. Marseille signed him for £3.9m so fairly expensive but not overly so.

I'm currently in February 2011, this is a little update of my 2nd season:

Transfers:

olympiquelyonnais14.png

I had also bought Wilson, Aurier and Situ in the middle of the first season. Situ will stay in the young team but Wilson and Aurier will be first team backups.

Team:

olympiquelyonnais15.png

Tactic:

olympiquelyonnais16.png

Ligue 1:

ligue120.png

National Cups:

I'll play the Coupe de la Ligue Final againt Saint-Etienne (again!) and Lille in French Cup Eleventh Round.

Champions League:

I finished first of my CL group before Villarreal and I'll play Juventus in the First Knockout Round.

Pretty well so far, especially Alaba (plays at Advanced Playmaker). Ljajic (plays as Winger or Inside Forward on both wings) did well and replaced Govou with great success. As you can see on the team's stats, they both got a proprer amount of goals and assists :)

There stats are getting better, even if they are both close to their potential. I unfortunately had to pay a lot of money for them, especially Ljajic who had moved to Fiorentina one season before.

I'm currently in February 2011, this is a little update of my 2nd season:

Transfers:

I had also bought Wilson, Aurier and Situ in the middle of the first season. Situ will stay in the young team but Wilson and Aurier will be first team backups.

Team:

Tactic:

Ligue 1:

National Cups:

I'll play the Coupe de la Ligue Final againt Saint-Etienne (again!) and Lille in French Cup Eleventh Round.

Champions League:

I finished first of my CL group before Villarreal and I'll play Juventus in the First Knockout Round.

Overspent on Alaba and Ljajic imo - Ljajic is nothing but an average backup for my Serbia side. (Yes I got the Serbia job)

Also Pied is very useful, undersold imo. Also could've got more for Bodmer ;) Good squad though.

_________________________________________________________________________________

It seems I might have a title challenge this year. For a couple of years Marseille have been getting stronger, and in the summer they added a few quality players; they look good.

I'm about to play them at the Velodrome, and their starting lineup is:

Mandanda

Bocaly Rami Wheater Taiwo

Kabore

Lucho Cheyrou

Ronaldinho - - - - - - - Albin

Huntelaar

Edit:

Well I won the game 0-3, but it wasn't nearly as comfortable as it sounds, they had me pinned in my own half for long periods of the game (I had only 41% of the ball, and my passing was only at 62%). However, despite their 13 shots, they rarely found their way into my area, guarded amazingly by MOTM Fazio and Sakho, with 11 of their 13 coming from long range.

The first goal was a wide free kick which seemed a little overhit at first, but Miralem Pjanic connected with the most amazing overhead kick I've seen on the game. Unfortunately for him it only hit the bar, but it bounced down and hit Mandanda on his arse and went in. The second goal was from another free kick, this time from Pjanic, who curled to towards the far post where Alexis Sanchez was on hand to comfortably knock it in with his head. The third goal was a late one, as we counter attacked with style, a great ball from Pjanic setting Alexis free for an easy one-on-one for his second.

I don't think I overspent on Alaba, a great prospect and only 18. I may have overpaid for Ljajic, sure, but he performs well and that's all what matters to me. Pied wasn't improving in my game and Bodmer was underperforming. I tried to get more for him but no one would be interested at a higher price.

It seems I might have a title challenge this year. For a couple of years Marseille have been getting stronger, and in the summer they added a few quality players; they look good.

I'm about to play them at the Velodrome, and their starting lineup is:

Mandanda

Bocaly Rami Wheater Taiwo

Kabore

Lucho Cheyrou

Ronaldinho - - - - - - - Albin

Huntelaar

Same in my previous save they also had Huntelaar, Ronaldinho, Ruud (still scored plenty), pluse some great midfielders, hard to play.

Just lost to St. Etienne :(

They scored two from corners in the first 20 minutes, and it being 0-0 at half time I thought I'd shake things up and bring Yannis, Alexis and Sissoko on for the underperforming Gourcuff, Sandro and Grenier. Throughout the second half though, Cissokho, Gonalons and Yannis get injured and have to come off, and I only score one consolation goal through Yannis.

Edit:

Yannis - broken ankle - 2-3 months

Cissokho - elbow - 9-11 days

Gonalons - thing - 4-5 days

So it's not all bad, but Yannis will be a blow.

I've just dropped Lisandro!! :eek:

His last few performances for me he hasn't shown anything in the way of a spark, and I've barely seen him on the ball. He's played 11 games this season, with an avg. rating of 6.87, 5 goals, 1 assist. His last 3 games - 5.7, 6.4, 6.1 :(

See what Loic Remy can do upfront now...

Damn fixture congestion is threatening to derail our season - we've scrambled through to every Final (desperate 2-1 loss to PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue, Bordeaux to come in the French Cup Final and Shakthar in the Europa League) but our performances have dipped recently and we're having to grind out results. Doesn't help when the 2nd leg of the Europa League sem-final was on a real pudding of a pitch at Dinamo Moscow that resulted in a few injuries - thankfully I was in a position to play the reserves and youth players.

1. Bordeaux 74pts, pld 35

2. Lyon 72pts, pld 34

Its going right to the wire alright.

I'm hoping for the best. I'm biding my time and waiting for the Serbia post to be free

Serbia, what/why? I want France to become available, but Domenech keeps lucking his way through with sub-par selections.

And good luck CPS, at least the title is in your hands :thup:

Serbia, what/why? I want France to become available, but Domenech keeps lucking his way through with sub-par selections.

Because I am Serbian and it is probably the only international job I want but never seem to get. Top teams can be available simply due to not meeting high expectations in Euros, Copa Americas, WCs etc but I rarely see a nations outside the top 10 sacking a manager and it coming up in my inbox.

Home Leg vs United now - Going in with a 1-0 advantage

EDIT: 1-0 up as i was typing, Albín :cool:

But Reveillere just got sent off :(

Ta joe, just sneaked past Bordeaux 1-0 in the Cup Final so that's some silverware at least. Pjanic with a late corker :thup:

Krasic went to Barca for £15.75m in my game btw.

Do you guys think I should get Gago for £5.5M?

Don't think you need him.

Okay so I started a new save and these are my transfers thus far:

transfersf.th.jpg

I have around £6M left and am not sure who to spend it on. R.Madrid will accept nothing less than £4.7M for Gago or I could get another striker or another CB. Any suggestions?

Surely your fine for strikers or CB's now?

Nice defensive record CPS!

Purefun, as soon as the game started, I did a scout report on him and they wanted like 1.8, so I offered 2.5 and they accepted immediately. Same with Buonnanote.

McGougan33: Well it's between N'koulou - 5M, Mongongu - 5.75M and Stefan Radu - 3.3M.

Thanks for the advice guys

N'Koulou out of those lot.

Ederson's done pretty well for me, weighed in with 8 goals too so I'd keep him for a season as back-up at least as he can be dangerous cutting in from the left. Some of his stats have improved also.

Feghouli is in amazing form for Grenoble of late - in his last 5 games he's notched 6 goals from AMR with an average of 8.26. Noticed that his contract was about to expire so offered him a pretty decent deal but lo and behold he's decided to sign for West Ham instead. Little imbecile...

Why on earth he can play AML, AMC and MC, he can play them all at least good so he is worth keeping.

But if i have Sanchez, Albín, Pjanic, Grenier, Kallstrom, Govou, Sissoko, Toulaln, Gonalons that can all play in one of the positions mentioned then do i really need Ederson considering that Rodriguez is incoming as well

What formation do you play? 4-2-3-1 iirc?

If so that is a lot of players for 5 positions. Do you have Mehamha as well? You should use him...

I'd personally keep them all and loan out Mehamha and Grenier for a season.

Yep I play a 4-2-3-1. Mehamha is on loan at Atalanta and Ederson is at Lille on loan.

34y742p.png

The squad

Archived