FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

Yep I can vouch for this - lone forward with ball to feet works for him.

Only started doing it after Hopey mentioned it once, but it works wonders. If you're buying Lukaku, make sure you still give Tafer plenty of games, he tore it up for me, even first season.

6000 posts in this thread :cool:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second one HoPeY. I may just play a 4-3-1-2 (3 MCs, 1 AMC, 2 STs) but then Bastos will be wasted.

So far I've sold Govou because of his wages and I don't really like him. I know he will have to come next year, but I could pick up Nordtveit for a good price. I may do that and just stick with my CBs now or just loan one in for this season.

Just getting underway with my save also. Finished all the monotonous tasks of getting the training, coaching, scouting and tutoring assigned to a reasonable level. Turned transfers off for the first window so don't have to worry about that which is no big deal as the starting squad seems so strong. Did bring in a few unattached coaches (Desailly for defence, Bangsbo for fitness and Adolfo Valencia for attack all on small-ish wages) and 3 more scouts - Pep Bonet being the best with 20/20 for his two main attributes.

I agree with boomheadshot45 that the squad, especially in midfield, is so strong that it will be hard to keep everyone happy - going to have to rotate a far bit. Do you guys prefer Bodmer at CB? Don't think I'll be able to find a spot for him in midfield although I think his attributes are more suited to a MC than a DC.

Lacazette looking v.impressive in pre-season with a couple of goals, should be fun trying to develop all these highly promising young players. My experience is 'semi-pro footballer' which I didn't mean to do, hopefully it shouldn't be too big a problem.

Kallstroms also pretty effective at aml if you want to play grenier alongside pjanic at cm! Get Lacazette on the right as an AMR, his speed is demon

Källström so slow at AML though. :[

Yeah **** that. Is that for Michel Bastos that your scout report wAS QUOTING?@ i DON'T TJIML OT'S Wortj it somewhow

Drinking last night joe? :D

Just getting underway with my save also. Finished all the monotonous tasks of getting the training, coaching, scouting and tutoring assigned to a reasonable level. Turned transfers off for the first window so don't have to worry about that which is no big deal as the starting squad seems so strong. Did bring in a few unattached coaches (Desailly for defence, Bangsbo for fitness and Adolfo Valencia for attack all on small-ish wages) and 3 more scouts - Pep Bonet being the best with 20/20 for his two main attributes.

I agree with boomheadshot45 that the squad, especially in midfield, is so strong that it will be hard to keep everyone happy - going to have to rotate a far bit. Do you guys prefer Bodmer at CB? Don't think I'll be able to find a spot for him in midfield although I think his attributes are more suited to a MC than a DC.

Lacazette looking v.impressive in pre-season with a couple of goals, should be fun trying to develop all these highly promising young players. My experience is 'semi-pro footballer' which I didn't mean to do, hopefully it shouldn't be too big a problem.

Desailly. :cool: Bangsbo? Thought that said something else then, was going to say I don't think they do football; they do produce video's though. ;) Anyway, swiftly moving on.

I prefer Bodmer as a midfielder, just like in real life. :thup:

Thanks lads, think I will just use Bodmer in rotation in midfield and start with Cris and Boumsong at the back to begin with at least.

Yes, despite his somewhat comical name, Jens Bangsbo is a decent enough free agent fitness coach (better than Espié anyway). Obscure Danish player in the 80's apparently.

Hello guys, sorry for not being around lately, sooooooooo busy. :(

No need to apologise mate. But please tell me you atleast got some FM in?

-----------

I think my copys broken, Govou scored me a winner :eek:

January Transfer Window passed, so it's time for me to post a mid-season update.

Club World Cup

For the second season in a row we were off on a pre Christmas trip to take part in the Club World Cup. In the semi finals this year we faced South Korean side Seongnam. We cruised to a 5-0 win, although we were helped by them having a man sent off after 40 minutes with the score at just 1-0. after the red card the result was never going to be in doubt - Yannis Tafer grabbed a hat-trick, and goals from Lukaku and sub Grenier wrapped it up.

Club World Cup Semi v. Seongnam

The final saw us play Brazilian side Corinthians, who had seen off Nigerian side Kano Pillars to reach the final. After just a minute Tafer gave us the lead. We dominated from there on, and finally got a second goal in the 39th minute through Ishak Belfodil. In the second half they put us under pressure and grabbed a goal back early on. But we stood firm when they kept coming at us, and managed to secure the trophy with a 2-1 win.

Club World Cup Final v. Corinthains

Two years in a row now we have lifted the Club World Cup, and this season was even more pleasing because I left out a a few of my more experienced players, such as Bodmer, Toulalan, Lisandro, and a couple more.

Ligue 1

Twenty games into Ligue 1 and we are flying away with the league. We have won 18 of our games thus far, drawing the other two. 54 goals have been banged in, and we have conceded just the seven.

Ligue 1 Table - February 1st 2014

In Ligue 1 next we have Nantes at home, which should be three easy points.

Cup Competitions

We have finally managed to win our Champions League group, finishing on fourteen points, five ahead of Bayern Munich and Dinamo Kiev. We have been, erm, rewarded, with a 1st knockout round tie against Liverpool. Tricky, but we should conquer them.

A place in the Copue de la Ligue final will be ours if we overcome Lens away from the home, whom we drew with just a couple of games back in Ligue 1. As for the Coupe de France, we have stormed into the 11th round with 4-1 wins over both Nantes and Caen. The draw for the 11th round is yet to be made.

Transfer Activity

For a change, there has been absolutely not transfer activity from me during this window.

------------------------------------------------

The aim at the start of the season was the same as last - to win all seven trophies on offer, and so far we have lifted three, and are still in the running for the other four!

As always, thanks for the reading. A full end of season review will follow within the next week.

Hello guys, are Lyon a decent long term team to be?

Or does it all become too easy domestically?

Ahh I've had a few good Lyon games on past versions but I need to find a perfect team to start a save with!

You've found it mate.

Easy maybe, but other teams (french teams obviously) do seem to get a lot of great players, well in my save they do. They easely dominate european football aswell.

Have a hell of a lot of work on right now, but by Friday it should be over with and I can get back to my save :cool:

Same here, have only managed two competitive games in my save so far. All very slow progress but hopefully will get a chance to sit down and play a few games at the weekend.

Won both games I have played 1-0 in a very George Graham-esque manner - first one was at Le Mans where Gomis headed in the winner in the 93rd minute despite looking about 2 yards offside. All very satisfying.

Tough CL qualifier against Fiorentina to come.

Three out of the four halves we were the much better side, can't scrap if you were the better side for three quarters of the two legged tie thank you very much!

What game are you talking about? I never mentioned any specific game? :confused:

;)

Looking like I'll breeze through against Valencia, first leg away I beat them 3-0, without hearing a peep from Villa or Mata.

And in the next game I lose my 34 game unbeaten streak to.... Stade Malherbe Caen!

I'm embarrassed tbfh, they're relegation candidates with players in their side that wouldn't get into my under-18s, but for 90 minutes my side played like amateurs. Didn't help that Gonalons got sent off and Yannis couldn't finish to save his life either. Really disappointed :(

Maxime Gonalons is shocked to have been handed a fine for dismissal in a prior match

What did you think would happen? Man up!

He now feels he has been treated unfairly and may look to leave the club. Fine by me haha.

Have finally finished the changes, I was originally planning to make possible changes to every French Ligue 1 team but I just don't have the time right now. Purefun is hassling me for this dB! As he can't start his game without it apparently. :D

Also, haven't added loads of missing young players like I did on 10.2, just don't have the time. :(

Archived