FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost the league very harshly on the final day.

1st-Om played 38 won 23 drew 10 lost 5 scored 68 conceded 29 gd+39 pts 79

2nd OL played 38 won 23 drew 10 lost 5 scored 61 conceded 24 gd+37 pts 79

Will post screenies tomorrow after the champs league final against barca

EDIT:Just been offered felipe for 6.75 m i think i'll take him

Bleubeard welcome and good luck mate but selling Tafer, Gassama and Grenier. :(

They just don't look that good (unlike Pjanic)....

Form has been really good the last few games: beat Rennes (4th) 3-0, Boardeaux (8th) 4-0, Monaco (2nd) 2-0, Montpeller 3-1! Perhaps the players are gelling a little. Also, the 'relax' pre-match team talk seems to motivate them a lot more than the more pressure-based talks. Ederson now has 9 goals and 8 assists in 20 and Arda 10 assists in 13 games.

Gourcoff is unhappy with B's league performance so I'm trying to unsettle and sign him. He's keen but not unsettled. I'm not sure if I will sign anyone this window as I don't really need anyone so it's only if I can afford someone really good - and I don't think I can...

No team can be promoted from CFA to national, especially not any reserve teams. Ligue 2 is the lowest league in FM10 at the moment.

I had CFA activated as the lowest league when I started the game and I can view tables for both national and CFA leagues. Are you saying that they don't work in the current version of FM?

Unlucky mate. Particularly hurtful when you concede so few goals. God knows how hard that is. How did you get through a season so fast!? I'm only just into January.

My regen from Spurs has arrived, as has Koke. Waiting on Ronaldo and Beckham to tutor them. Was impressed with how Kolodziecak has improved but didn't like Sissoko as a tutor for him so bought in Vargas for 10m over 42 months. He looks a great tutor and his ability to play AML should mean that all 3 can play a fair few games (Di Maria hasn't been great for me anyway). Am freeing up a non-EU slot by shipping off Salvio on loan (he's just finished a tutoring spell with Ronaldo that went well). Looking at selling Gomis and Bastos.

Have also signed Riquelme and Enke on future frees. Enke will be a much better back up than Vercoutre whilst Riquelme has all the right attributes to be a good tutor.

Bluebeard: Simon Vukcevic is an AML/C and should serve you well. Technically he is amazing and if you need a left footed corner taker or free kick taker he is your man. He's taken a while to settle in for me but his last 5 games, as you can see, he's really improved. I've just taught him the PPM rifle in free kicks and he's already belted 2 30 yarders, including one against Arsenal. Mentally he could be better but I've currently got him being tutored by Beckham and have seen some improvement. I'm hoping it'll continue.

vukcevic.png

Harsh mate and against OM. :(

In France is there some sort of registration rule like in Spain? TIA.
Maximum of 4 non EU players.

Only this one, you can have more but you have to let them play with your reserves or loan them out.

Just lost my second game of the season. Once again it was a home game, this time going down to 2nd penalty, conceded in stoppage time off a corner. I'm okay with the first two but these mickey mouse penalties from corners are giving me the irates. Despite this, the man who conceded, Bodmer, is now on the transfer list and about to bring in 13.5m thanks to the Arse.

Played 2 120minute cup games in a row earlier, in the space of 4 days too. Am now out of the French Cup (lost away to Lille) and needless to say the board aint happy. Despite being in late Feb and having only lost twice in all competitions, I'm only leading the league by one and am out of one cup.

To everyone who has completed a season, who was your top goalscorer, and how much was your budget for the following season?

Ari Gold-Lisandro was my top scorer with 15 (I only played 1 up top and there was quite a bit of rotation) and Tafer scored around 11 in bout 14 games. may start introducing that young striker laz(something) to the first team next season just to see how he does. Not sure bout my budget yet. (still in may)

Cheers Batty. I only play one up too but with very little rotation. Lopez was out injured for 3 weeks (missed like 9 games) and I gave a debut to Tafer. He got a brace in his second game and bagged 3 in 3. I've taught him the place shots PPM and it worked beautifully. He's not really good in the air but he's quite pacey.

Cheers Batty. I only play one up too but with very little rotation. Lopez was out injured for 3 weeks (missed like 9 games) and I gave a debut to Tafer. He got a brace in his second game and bagged 3 in 3. I've taught him the place shots PPM and it worked beautifully. He's not really good in the air but he's quite pacey.

Might teach him that ppm, none of te strikers a good in the air except lisandro who is ok so i get my wingers to drill the crosses in. I think i was playing tafer as a poacher set as target man with supply run on to ball.

EDIT- wanting to play 442 next season but dont wan to leave any of toulalan,pjanic and that good dm who's name eludes me,or Di maria

Yeah, Lopez is really the only striker who can head a ball. He's currently got 31 from 31 (1) for me and I'd say about 5-10 would be headers. I actually float my crosses but I have Fellaini set as target man. He's got 25 goals so far (36 games) and over half would be headers.

Just lost my second game of the season. Once again it was a home game, this time going down to 2nd penalty, conceded in stoppage time off a corner. I'm okay with the first two but these mickey mouse penalties from corners are giving me the irates. Despite this, the man who conceded, Bodmer, is now on the transfer list and about to bring in 13.5m thanks to the Arse.

Played 2 120minute cup games in a row earlier, in the space of 4 days too. Am now out of the French Cup (lost away to Lille) and needless to say the board aint happy. Despite being in late Feb and having only lost twice in all competitions, I'm only leading the league by one and am out of one cup.

To everyone who has completed a season, who was your top goalscorer, and how much was your budget for the following season?

Sweet just been given £30mil to spend.

Very nice. Superb work in the Cups too! Winning the Champions League must feel good :thup:

Cheers it does feel good epsecially beating barca unfortunately for tafer whos goals got me through the quaters and semis missed the final through injury. Would have liked to have won the league too but next season.

I just got knocked out of the Champions League by Sporting CP.

Game 1: They score from a long shot in the first minute. I took a 2-1 lead at HT but they won 3-2 with a Moutinho 25 yarder.

Game 2 (Home). Drew 1-1. They scored a long shot in the first minute.

Cannot believe how unrealistic that is. One early goal maybe, but two is just stupid. No doubt some stupid emphasis SI have put in to make you have to get your tactics right.

I wouldn't mind losing if it were manifested realistically, but 3 long shots, 2 first minute goals? That just kills the game. Absolutely kills it.

I startes new season. Any tactic advice and players to buy or sold? Hopey, Purefun?
tactic advice? i have buy chamakh

Well its best if you make the best out of your central midfield tbh. You have great players there. Also wingers are great.

4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1 or a variation of that.

The question is with how many strikers you want to play?

This could just be me, but I find that if you play two strikers (I don't) you should use Lopez on the right. He seems absolutely incapable of running in on a good angle and placing it into the net, but if he runs across to his right and smashes it across his body he will score frequently.

Lopez to date has 36 goals for me this season. I do not recall a single one of them being an instance where he ran in from the left and put it in the right side of the net. I recall at least 10 times he's come through the middle, run to his right and smashed it into the side left net.

i thinking to play 442 tactic. any advice to team and players instructions?

I'm probably useless. 95% of the time I am hopeless with tactics, which is why I brought in Fellaini for 27m. Couldn't even build a team around Pjanic!

Only thing I can say is try and have Lopez shooting across him body (aiming at the left side). If it were possibly to make highlight reels, I'd have a great one of him doing just that.

Bluebeard: Simon Vukcevic is an AML/C and should serve you well. Technically he is amazing and if you need a left footed corner taker or free kick taker he is your man. He's taken a while to settle in for me but his last 5 games, as you can see, he's really improved. I've just taught him the PPM rifle in free kicks and he's already belted 2 30 yarders, including one against Arsenal. Mentally he could be better but I've currently got him being tutored by Beckham and have seen some improvement. I'm hoping it'll continue.

vukcevic.png

Thanks, he looks really tasty! Will monitor him. I had him for Bayern in the last FM and he was awesome!

I actually managed to sign Modric for £30m over 48 months and Radoi for £10m over 48 months. They've just made their debuts - worryingly, Modric's motivation was 'complacent' and he got 6.9. Radoi got 7.7, something like that, but his lack of pace was really obvious. I will need to save up for a faster DC I think..............

I have Chamakh coming on a free at the end of the season, and for only about £30k/week. Whoop!

batty1 - well done!!

£23 million over 48 months . Got a fair amount of cash left over so im thinking of bringing in some youngsters Munian for one. Laacazette is going to get a few games this season. Gomis had to be transfer listed by request he was happy and thought he'd achieved all he could at lyon.

Hmm lots of interest in Gomis. Would like to know what you get for him? Probably going to sell him myself and get a more prolific goalscorer in.

Just said he wants to stay i'm gonna keep him on the transfer list as i think gignac is better. Tafer has come on well over the past season. Bah all the interest in gomis is loan to buy.

Brought gignac in january he's scored the odd goal but can't get him firing on all cyllinders though. I want rid of gomis but theres not a snowball's chance in hell i'd let him move to OM their the first team to bid. Especially as they beat me to the league on goal difference. Dont want to give them more firepower. Been rotating Dzeko and Gignac. Gignac played 3 scored 0 Dzeko played 3 score 3 im going to start dzeko most games now.

I had CFA activated as the lowest league when I started the game and I can view tables for both national and CFA leagues. Are you saying that they don't work in the current version of FM?

You need CFA for your reserves to get games, but the CFA system in FM isn't anything like real life French football. The promotion and relegation isn't correct, but you should always load CFA for the reserves.

End of Season Update

Transfers will follow later the screenshot got cocked up

Unlucky on the league, otherwise a great season. :thup:

Just a warning on Vukcevic. He does count as a non EU player so make sure you have room for him.

Season Update

French Cup: Lost 1-1 on penalties in the 10th round away to Lille. Horribly early exit.

Coupe de la Ligue: Won 2-1 with a 90+3 goal from Yannis Tafer.

Champions League: Lost 3-4 on aggregate to Sporting CP. Two of the conceded goals came in the 1st min of each game. Had 2 players sent off at the end as I unsuccessfully pushed for the winner.

Ligue 1: With 7 games to play, including away to Bordeaux, I lead Bordeaux by 16 points.

When Ligue 1 season is over I will post up screenies of Sissoko, Kolodziecak, Gassana, Pjanic, Tafer and Grenier so everyone can see how good they are after a season.

I am sort of pleased with the first season, which I've just finished. I easily won the league, but my form tailed off and I lost 3 times overall. Losing Welliton for 3 months to a ruptured achilles was probably the key factor. I also won the cup with my best performance of the season being in the final - I beat PSG 5-0!

Of course, with Lyon the real challenge is in Europe and here I came up short in the first knock-out against Real Madrid. While beating them 2-1 at home is encouraging, I lost 4-1 away, although in mitigation I should point out that I had to play Obasi as FC due to the three strikers all being injured, and Mexes got sent off. At least it was Kaka and Benzema that destroyed me, not Ronaldo. Anyway, I will be back next year with a strong, well-blended team and expect to do better.

My player of the season was easily Welliton who despite his injury top-scored with 20. Lopez got 18, Ederson 11, Gomis 9 and Toulalan and Bodmer 7 each. I think that's a relatively realistic spread of goals which is pleasing in itself. My star players in defence were Mexes and Reveillere, and Arda scored the most assists in French football with a wonderful 20.

Overall I'm pleased with where I'm placed. I have a young team that plays the kind of football I want, and with Chamakh coming I should avoid any debacles like against Madrid and need to think about limited signings for cash - it will be fun to see how much I am given to spend.

Kallstrom didn't get his contract reviewed and I am also trying to get rid of Mensah and Piquionne.

Just played my last competitive game of the season.

Didn't fare very well in the Cups and only won the one that nobody cares about. At the very least, it was won dramatically.

cdlq.png

With Bordeaux falling away in the end the league was rather comfortable.

47984370.png

Worringly though, my away form was much better than my home form.

al1.png

As I've said, I exited the Champions League in what I feel were rather cheated circumstances. The fact that OM went on to win it makes it worse. I beat them 3-0 away and drew 0-0 at home to them this season. That they win the CL instead of me just feels so wrong.

wtfwk.png

With post up links to the screenies of the some youngsters that people will be keen about knowing their progression. Will do one for transfers too.

PSG 11th. :)

Anyway get Feghouli from Grenoble and Coutadeur from Monaco. :thup:

The fact that OM won the CL is great for the french league in your game. The first season couldn't have gone better tbh.

Feghouli sadly is already signed to Rennes. Will take a look at Coutadeur but already have Veloso coming in for 15m.

Here were my transfers.

transfersn.png

Lopez and Fellaini were clearly the stars of the team.

performances.png

Here are some screens of the talented Lyon youngsters. Would be keen to know how their progression compares to others playing as Lyon. All screens taken June 1, 2010.

Lamine Gassama

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2659/gassama.png

Ally Sissoko

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3959/sissoko.png

Thimothee Kolodzieczak

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6491/kolod.png

Miralem Pjanic

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4970/pjanicd.png

Clement Grenier

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/294/grenier.png

Yannis Tafer

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8789/tafer.png