FM 10: Official Chelsea Thread - Pride of London

el sid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
essien_5 .... How did u get Man U to pay 16.5 for Anelka? I only get loan offers when i offer him out.

Offered out straight away. Set him to unavailable for loan and transfer listed. Then offer him to clubs on first day for £20m. United came in with a bid of £16.5m both times for me.

Deco same.

Malouda didn't seem to generate interest straight away but Inter made offer of £12m but he rejected, and then offered him out again and City came in.

I too am having trouble offloading keepers. Will try to get rid of just Hilario from the start, bring in Enyeama as number 2, and keep Turnbull as number 3 because at least he's homegrown for Champs League.

I too recommend Jovetic for LW and as I said Obasi has the stats and at 23 could develop into a solid RW.

offered anelka out for 16 million,got loads of loan offers but utd did offer the 16 mil, also getting 15 million for alex, but having trouble getting rid of back up keepers.

also anyone got van nistrolrooy?i can get him for 1.8mil and scout says hes leading star of league.

He's okay scored twice so far i'm still playing with my tactics though trying to work out how best to play my strikers. But for his price he's more than worth having as he will get you atleast 10-15 goals a season

I am hoping to bring in the following players now, having assessed my options and the squad:

-De Rossi (35m)

-Toulalan (25m)

-Srna (16m)

-Dzeko (14m)

-Jovetic (14)

-Cazorla/Navas/Alexis Sanchez

funded by sales of Alex, Malouda, Deco, Bosingwa, Kalou, Anelka.

Essien, De Rossi, Lampard, Toulalan won't all play at once, Lampard and Essien will play almost every game, and against difficult/middling opponents i'll play a CDM with De rossi, and against easier opponents Lampard at CAM, and Toulalan at CM.

Lampard at 31 doesn't have forever so wise to bring in depth here pre-transfer ban. Ballack won't get much play time, and Mikel will probably go out on loan.

As a long-term replacement for Lampard I bought Alan Dzagoev for 12 mill. He's a Blues fan as well!

Fiorillo is my favorite when buying a young keeper as a long term benchwarmer, although he's getting expensive.

Jovetic a great talent on the wing, but as I rather attempt to play the 4-1-2-1-2 formation I don't tend to use wingers. May bring on a winger if I'm chasing a goal just to get some attacking options.

Got Vagner Love to sign on the demo, but then realised that he'll be out on loan the whole season...

Joe Mattock could prove to be a nice left back, and also there's some talent in the youth section of the team. Can't wait for the full game.

Would also like a praise el sid with what I think is an excellent OP.

Playing a 4-1-3-2

Just about to play Man U in the CS. The team is looking very good but I've been very unlucky with striker injuries and I'm currently playing with Sturridge and Borini up front..

In so far..

Monreal

Hamsik

Srna

Dzeko

Dzagoev

Enyeama

Otamendi

Jovetic

Out -

Deco

Malouda

Planned out when fit -

Belletti

Alex

Kalou

Only player I regret signing is Monreal because I have switched to a system without wingers which leaves Zhirkov and Monreal as cover for A Cole. I will attempt to convert Zhirkov to a CM but if it can't be done then I'll have to sell him because he will just be rotting with no position to play.

Finally started my Chelsea save!

The ins and outs:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/JCBoy06/CopyofTransfers.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new was my transfer motto and I did just that. Hamsik, Dzagoev, and Dzeko were all brought in as future replacements for Lampard, Ballack and Drogba, while I brought in Silva and Navas for some added depth and even more flair on the wings :cool:. Leighton Baines was brought in to give me a solid back up for Ashley Cole.

Tactics and line up:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/JCBoy06/CopyofTactics.jpg

So far my leading goal scorer is Lamps with 3 in 2 and Drogba a close second with 2 in 2. Two of the newcomers, Hamsik and Dzeko each scored their first for the club already.

Fixtures:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/JCBoy06/Fixtures.jpg

Still undefeated, knock on wood, through all my friendlies, the Community Shield and each of the first 2 Prem. League matches

Can anyone recommend a good RB to buy instead of Bosingwa. The one real good one in my opinion is Lahm who can be brought for about £25-30m. However that on top of his £130k pw demands does put me off him, when the same money can get De Rossi or Silva.

The other one people seem to target is Srna but he has been downgraded since last year and 12 for tackling doesn't do it for me at RB.

Any ideas?

Man, that transfer ban really is a slap in the face :(

It doesn't seem so bad though since Lampard is playing out of his mind right now. In 9 apps. he's bagged 10 goals and created 2 more!

Rafinha's tackling is still a bit low along with low positioning IIRC, but he's young so with the right training he should turn out as a better defender than Bosingwa and still provide support down the flanks.

Man, that transfer ban really is a slap in the face :(

It doesn't seem so bad though since Lampard is playing out of his mind right now. In 9 apps. he's bagged 10 goals and created 2 more!

Rafinha's tackling is still a bit low along with low positioning IIRC, but he's young so with the right training he should turn out as a better defender than Bosingwa and still provide support down the flanks.

Yeah I had already compared Rafinha with Bosingwa and Rafinha is only marginally better, and therefore unsure if that warrants spending money on him to replace what I already have. I suppose the demo is only a tester so can have a bit of a play around.

I am looking at a few good young signings the likes of Hamsik and Dzeko, and then two big money signings. The three players I have identified for this 'tag' currently are David Silva, Danielle De Rossi and Phillip Lahm. I'm just not sure if Lahm is worth the same money and wages as the first two.

One player I recommend is Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan. He is Argentinian and I think is 21 or 22 and can be picked up for between 1.5-2m. His stats remind me a bit of Belletti in that he seems to have attributes of around 12-15 for most things but at his age has room to improve on them (where Belletti hasn't). His biggest asset though is his versatility and he is a natural LB, LWB, RB and RWB and also accomplished LM and RM. In my opinion an excellent squad player replacement for the likes of Belletti and Ferreira at a fraction of their wages.

Great OP, some great options out there with the budget this year, don't forget you could adjust your wage/transfer budgets to even get more money!

I was also able to sell Ivanovic towards the end of the transfer window for around 7.5 million, try buying Cristian Zapata (D RC) with that money, he's a much better player than Ivanovic.

I bought

Silva (32 mil)

Hamsik (10 mil)

De Rossi (35 mil)

Srna (17 mil)

Dzeko (15 mil)

Zapata (11 mil)

Beckham (Free)

Total In: 120 mil

Sold:

Malouda (15 mil)

Deco (5.5 mil)

Ivanovic (7.5 mil)

Alex (15 mil)

Kalou (8 mil)

Total Out: 51 mil

I play 4-1-2-1-2 with Silva at the tip of the diamond, while Lamps and Essien are MC while De Rossi guards the back, Dzeko has squeezed Anelka out of the partner position with Drogba upfront and Srna is doing wonders bombing down the right flank.

This transfer ban is going to be frustrating in the full game because you will effectively have to plan for 2 seasons rather than 1. I am unsure of what system to play with Chelsea (and therefore what players to buy), and it's a decision which cannot be changed for two whole seasons so it is a massive one.

I don't know whether to go for 4-3-3 which is what I have used with Chelsea for the last few seasons, or whether to adopt the current real life 4-1-2-1-2 system.

If I were to use the 4-3-3, I would say the squad needs at least one top class winger, possibly two, a younger central midfielder to come through and a younger target man to eventually replace Drogs.

However if I were to use the 4-1-2-1-2 then I would say I'd need a young central midfielder and striker, a top class striker to partner Drogs and a top class playmaker to play in the 'hole'.

Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

I always play a 4-3-3 with two wingers, a DMC, CM and AMC, since Chelsea has a deep midfield, with a lone striker up top since Drogba is more than capable of wreaking havoc by himself with his size and strength. Deepening up the wings and lowering the average age of the squad are always my objectives. I agree with el sid though, a squad consisting of personnel for a 4-4-2 formation can easily be converted into another formation of your choice.

Srna is the only real option at RB IMO because Rafinha is worse than Bosingwa and won't improve that much; and Lahm isn't even a natural RB so definately does not justify the high fee and wages (+ Srna will score a fair few from free kicks cause we don't have much talent in that department)

I am happy with all signings, maybe not cazorla for 17m but rated as my best LAM and natural both flanks and young - I needed a backup for J Cole on the right flank.

Right I have now got a pretty good indication of who I want to sign and sell now for the full game. A quick note that some of my bigger signings I have spread the payments out over a couple of years, particularly as we won't be signing for two years after this window anyway so it is a good idea in order to push out the transfer budget a bit more.

Players out:

Hilario - R Madrid - Loan

Malouda - Man City - £16.25m (the highest I have got for him so far, but normally in the region of £12-16m anyway)

Alex - Sunderland - £15m

Anelka - Man Utd - £16.5m

Deco - Juventus - £5.5m

Total - £53m approx

Players in:

Areola - PSG - £40k

Enyeama - Tel Aviv - £210k

Opare - R Madrid - £250k

Otamendi - Velez - £2.8m

Ansaldi - Rubin - £3m

De Rossi - Roma - £33.5m

Hamsik - Napoli - £10.5m

Di Maria - Benfica - £4m

Salvio - Lanus - £3.5m

Cassano - Sampdoria - £17m

Dzeko - Wolfsburg - £16m

Luis Fabiano - Sevilla - £21.5m

Total - £110m approx

And having spread some transfer over a couple of years I still have £20m in the transfer budget, which is useful as I am still not sure whether or not to stick with Bosingwa or buy a new right back. Like Rafinha, I don't think Srna is really that better than Bosingwa to warrant buying.

I think I will look to play 4-1-2-1-2 with main signings Cassano in the hole and De Rossi as the anchor. However I have the options to change to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 quite comfortably.

I am happy with my signings except for one which is Luis Fabiano. I think he is a good player and it was a toss up between him and Hulk for about the same money, and I went for the more experienced option (although he is still only 28). However upon signing him, the fans were worried he would have a negative impact in the dressing room, which I admit has put me off him quite a bit. Therefore I am now leaning towards Hulk in the full game.

Or my other option being I sign another attacking midfielder to play in the hole, and push Cassano up to play alongside Drogba/Dzeko. I could potentially buy Silva for example and play him and Cassano together in the same team. Now that may be something!

Hi fellas,

i posted this in one of the tactics thread.

thanks OP, i used yr tactic n it is working well so far with 7-8 games played

i'm trying Chelsea ... i have

DMC - deep lying playmaker - da rossi

MLC - attack - ballack

MC - advanced playmaker - lampard

MRC - attack - essien

S - Complete Forward - drogba/dezko

S - Poacher- anelka/RvN

rotated my forwards n they r scoring well, i had 3-0,4-0,5-0 wins

only problem is now i have a bunch of redundant wingers .... malouda, zhikov, joe cole, kalou, etc.

plus 3 of the new star players i bought di maria, silva work best as wingers and cassano in the Trequartista role which this formation doesn't really employ, lol

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=155509

Started as Chelsea earlier tonight. I've signed Ochoa, De Rossi, Cassano, Hamsik, Mexes, and Zapata. Also trying to get Dzeko in before the window closes but Wolfsburg are being fussy about the price. Most of my signings have been spread over 2 years, mainly because of the transfer ban so thought I'd get the most out of not being able to spend for the next however many seasons.So far I've sold Deco and Kalou for about £16m altogether. I'm trying to get rid of Alex but only Roma will make an offer (£7m) and he keeps rejecting them. How have some people managed to get £15m for him?

Tactics wise I'm playing a 4-3-3 with 3 CM's, the 3 up front but the 2 outside forwards are playing as wide as possible, not in the middle. I'm retraining Joe Cole and Malouda to play striker to cover the wide forward spots. So my first team squad is looking like this:

GK: Cech, Ochoa (Goalkeeper/Defend)

DR: Bosingwa, Zapata, Ivanovic (Wing Back/Automatic)

DL: A.Cole, Zhirkov (Wing Back/Automatic)

DC: Terry, Zapata, Alex (Centre Back/Defend)

DC: Mexes, Carvalho, Ivanovic (Centre Back/Defend)

MC: De Rossi, Ballack (Box to Box/Support)

MC: Essien,Mikel (Ball Winner/Defend)

MC: Lampard,Hamsik (Advanced Playmaker/Attack)

FR: Anelka, J.Cole (Inside Forward/Not sure whether Attack or Support)

FL: Cassano, Malouda (Inside Forward/Not sure whether Attack or Support)

ST: Drogba, Hopefully Dzeko (Complete Forward/Attack)

what role and position should i play lamps in? he's suffering a goal drought like in real life except for ytd's champs league match with only 1 goal in 12 games!!!

same here, although I think it is difficult to expect a normal-paced MC to be that goal-rampant in the Premier League, I have him in a 4-1-2-1-2 MC position as a Box-to-Box Midfielder (Support Only), which he covers alright, he gives you decent assist numbers and usually a 7+ rating, not many goals but he's consistent in both passing and defence (I have Essien as the other MC in a Ball-Winning role)

If you really want him scoring, use him as your free kicks and penalty taker, or set him as a secondary target man.

ok, i have signed -

Cassano for £15.25m

De Rossi for £29.5m

Enyeama for £210k

Mexes for £19.5m

Obasi for £8.75m

Sold:

J. Cole for £12.5m

Belletti for £2.4m

Deco for £6m

Kalou for £12m

Good shout?

How did you manage to lower De Rossi's asking price? I've not got an offer of less than under 34 million accepted, even with the 50% next sale clause. Oh and you can sell Alex to Sunderland for 15 million. Sign him to a contract first.

Started as Chelsea earlier tonight. I've signed Ochoa, De Rossi, Cassano, Hamsik, Mexes, and Zapata. Also trying to get Dzeko in before the window closes but Wolfsburg are being fussy about the price. Most of my signings have been spread over 2 years, mainly because of the transfer ban so thought I'd get the most out of not being able to spend for the next however many seasons.So far I've sold Deco and Kalou for about £16m altogether. I'm trying to get rid of Alex but only Roma will make an offer (£7m) and he keeps rejecting them. How have some people managed to get £15m for him?

Sign Alex to a contract straight away, which he will happily sign within the first day or two. Now he has a four year contract you will get more money for him. Set his transfer status to 'transfer listed' and 'unavailable for loan' and then offer him out for £15m. Sunderland will come in for him (although most of the money will be spread over two years).

Anelka can be sold if offered out for £20m at the beginning of the game. United will come in at £16.5m, and not go for Dzeko then so it creates two positives.

Deco can be sold aswell for £5.5m to Milan or Juventus. I may keep Kalou for a season as his wages are fairly low and see what I make of him.

You can also get good money for Malouda. Don't try to sell him straight away because Sunderland will be interested and not go for Alex then. Wait until Sunderland get Alex which will be a week or two in then offer Malouda out for £20m. I have now had Man City come in 3 tiimes for him at £16.25m all upfront.

That's just over £50m for three fringe players and Anelka who can be easily replaced in my opinion.

ok, my Line-up:

picture1skw.th.png

My Tactics:

picture2iz.th.png

That is my standard formation, but i sometimes move Lamps to AMC and De Rossi to MC.... depends who i play! Its done pretty well for me so far; played 3, won 3, scored 7, conceded 0!

Top scorer = lampard with 3

and he has an AvR of 7.55 after 4 games! Not Tooooo Bad!

De Rossi is Deep lying Playmaker...

when lamps is in the CM role he is box-to-box and essien is just a Central Midfielder.

But when Lampard is AMC he plays as a Trequarista and Essien is Box to Box and De Rossi is a Ball winning midfielder set to Defensive.... works like a charm!

Something for all those who are playing Mourinho's formation...

I found that all too often Drogba was isolated up front on his own with my RAM and LAM way too far out wide for him too pass to, and his only option was to a) attempt long shot or b) pass it backwards

If you set LAM and RAM to winger with attack duty, but change their 'wide play' to move into channels then they will attack normally when they have the ball, i.e. taking the defender on and crossing it, but move into a more central position to support your Forward when he has the ball. Then set LB/RB's wide play to hug touchline, and they'll provide the wide support if needed.

I'm a massive fan of the club I'm really enjoying my Chelsea save at the moment. Here's what I've done so far:

Players in:

Philippe Mexes - £18M

Santiago Cazorla - £18M

Edin Dzeko - £15M

Darijo Srna - £15M

Marek Hamsik - £10.5M

Alessandro Gamberini - £10.5M

Juan Manuel Vargas - £8M

Rafael van der Vaart - £7.5M

Goran Pandev - £6M

Marco Borriello - £6M

Angel Di Maria - £4.7M

Joe Mattock - £2M

Vincent Enyeama - £210K

Scott Muggleton - £20K

Players out:

Ricardo Carvalho - £23.5M

Nicolas Anelka - £16.5M

Florent Malouda - £15M

Alex - £11.75M

Paulo Ferreira - £3M

Hilario - £850K

Deco - Loan - Fee £750K, Future Fee £4.3M

Michael Ballack - Loan - Fee £750K, Future Fee £4.3M

Can't shift Belletti as he has picked up another injury.

Joe Mattock, Ross Turnbull and Daniel Sturridge - Loan

Line-up - Formation 4-1-3-2:

GK - Petr Cech, Vincent Enyeama

DR - Darijo Srna, Jose Bosingwa

DL - Ashley Cole, Juan Manuel Vargas

DC - Philippe Mexes, Branislav Ivanovic

DC - John Terry, Alessandro Gamberini

DMC - Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel

MC - Frank Lampard, Rafael van der Vaart, Marek Hamsik

AMR - Santiago Cazorla, Joe Cole

AML - Yury Zhirkov, Angel Di Maria, Salomon Kalou

ST - Edin Dzeko, Goran Pandev

ST - Didier Drogba, Marco Borriello

Results so far:

W 2-0 vs Man Utd - Dzeko (1), J.Cole (17)

W 1-2 vs Hull - Ghilas (79), Essien (88), J.Cole (90+3)

W 3-0 vs Portsmouth - Lampard (6), J.Cole (67), Drogba (81)

W 1-0 vs Tottenham - Borriello (73)

W 1-3 vs Stoke - Cazorla (23), Dzeko (26), J.Cole (55), Fuller (72)

W 1-3 vs Burnley - Bikey og (56), Mikel (68), Duff (75), Pandev (84)

W 0-2 vs Rangers - Pandev (27, 61)

W 2-0 vs Bolton - Dzeko (6), Cazorla (62)

I am a big fan of the Trequartista.... i have lamps playing there sometimes and he scores.... a lot! Someone like Cassano would probably be a better option as he is much more attack orientated. Try him as a trequartista and see what happens!

I am a big fan of the Trequartista.... i have lamps playing there sometimes and he scores.... a lot! Someone like Cassano would probably be a better option as he is much more attack orientated. Try him as a trequartista and see what happens!

Cheers Canal

If you do your transfers correct, this could be your team:

Casillas

Lahm-Terry-Carvalho-A Cole

Essien/De Rossi-Lampard

Silva-Aguero-Cassano

Drogba

Here is what I have concluded eventually from the demo:

1) Lahm is the only affordable right back who is significently better than Bosingwa, the unaffordable ones being Maicon, Alves, Sagna

2) There are very few highly rated wide midfielders (although to anyone playing with LAM/RAM i recommend Cazorla who started the season as my best player, natural on either flank, assists and scores for 17m), and a lot of good CAMs (silva, cassano, aguero + lampard, deco + ballack all natural CAMs)

2) In FM10, a system without wingers (3 CMs, or as above, 3 CAM) can be as successful as a team with wingers

3) You can still play wide without wingers by telling 2 of your CAMs (above Silva and Cassano) to hug the touchline and setting team width to very wide, as well as telling your wing backs to push up

4) This is the first version of FM since Cech joined where he has not been rated as one of the world's best keepers (probably correctly on last years form tbh), and therefore a replacement should be considered

5) The fact that CFC can not spend in the next 2 transfers windows means we should spend big on young talent during this window

6) Spreading fees out over 48 months makes this possible

7) There are very few 'hidden gems' in FM10 as compared to FM09, players such as Srna, Guardado (fm09) who are of exceptional quality and can be bought relatively cheaply

how is everyone team doing so far? think got an idea who to get for my proper save

on my test save, cech and Bosingwa are doing soild so far(best defence in league) n with better players (lahm,buffon) so much more expensive, i think i'll stick with them.

de rossis is great in deep midfield so ill buy him again.

cassano n dezko are worth every penny, definite buys, spectacular players. goals n assists bonanza!

silva is a big flop for me! 33mil n 130,000/wk not worth it.

oth, da maria is awesome surprise! doesn't score alot but assists numbers are way over the roof ... for 4mil and 21000/wk, well worth it!

next time will sell joe cole, deco and ivanovic. pretty useless for me

Just finished the Comunity Shield game and won 3-1. Here's how I plan to play for pretty much every game...

(In the '4-2-2' formation)

GK: I. Casillas

RB: P. Lahm

LB: A. Cole

CB: J. Terry

CB: R. Carvalho

CM: M. Essien

CM: D. De Rossi

RAM: J. Cole

LAM: D. Silva

CF: D. Drogba

CF: A. Cassano

Subs: R. Turnbull, J. Boswinga, B. Ivanovic, O. Mikel, F. Lampard, N. Anelka & R. van Nistelrooy/M. Barriello.

(Against weaker teams, a '4-2-3-1' but with CAMs, not wide players.)

LCAM: A. Cassano

RCAM: D. Silva

CAM: F. Lampard

Subs: R. Turnbull, J. Boswinga, B. Ivanovic, O. Mikel, J. Cole, N. Anelka & R. van Nistelrooy/M.Barriello.

IN:

De Rossi - £15m u.f, £25m over 48 months.

Lahm - £17m u.f, £10.5m over 48 months.

Silva - £16m u.f, £16m over 48 months.

Casillas - £52m

Cassano - £17.5m

van Nistelrooy - Loan (£220k)

Borriello - Loan (£900k)

OUT:

Cech - £19m

Alex - £15m

Deco - £2.8m

Kalou - £11.25m

Malouda - £12.25m

Hilario - £850k

Some youths out on loan.

Everyone that has left the club has been replaced, except Alex, but currently I'm trying to bring in:

Jovetic - £7m u.f, £6m over 48 months.

G. Milito - Loan (£750k)

And that'd leave me with nothing left in the transfer kitty, but a very strong squad. Strongest line up would then be:

RAM: D. Silva/J.Cole

LAM: S. Jovetic/D. Silva

CF: A. Cassano

Subs: R. Turnbull, J. Boswinga, G. Milito, O. Mikel, F. Lampard, J. Cole/S. Jovetic & R. van Nistelrooy/M. Barriello/N. Anelka.

What prices did people get for Ballack, Ivanovic and Mikel? Hoping if it's enough I can get a better DM/CM and a better back up GK.

Archived