FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

Yeah winning with your own tactic makes you feel like you earned it more - Mine isn't a default tactic but haven't really played about with all little nibbly bits just kinda set the formation and hope for the best if things aren't working i'll try change things abit to push for another goal or defend more if i need to not concede.

..and just realised my next post has to be a good one as it's my 200th! :D

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow my 200th post is dedicated to my last two fixures:

Everton at home..

and my last fixture could well be the decider to who will win the league..

Man United - away!

With qualification already guarenteed in the Champions League my 5th game against Standerd will be one for the kids to go out and show me what they can, really looking forward to seeing who can make it up to the first team!

Happy 200th post-day! :cool:

Haha my plan to play Lakuka has failed as a wk before the game he got injured and is out for 3 to 4 wks:(

Hows Torres getting on as trequarista? also what instructions are you giving Gerrard?

I have Torres as advanced forward with ball to feet as target man and Gerrard as trequarista there not doing bad but feel they should have more

Torres App - 15 - Gls - 14 - Avr - 7.40

Gerrard App - 22 - Gls - 14 Avr - 7.48

also Villa has App - 8 - Gls - 7 - Avr - 732

What do you think?

Only just realised some great results youve had there MH2k :thup:

Regarding tactics i done pretty much the same set a formation and some team instructions and the player roles but have touched player instructions too much messing about for me

i would tend to change the tactics between 2 or 3 possible formations between games. in the demo, as real madrid ;) (hehe!) i had the assistant telling me what tactics the opponents performed well/badly against. but havent seen that yet in my new game with LFC. maybe its too early in the season to tell me that kind of stuff.

anyone else getting that advice in the pre-match meeting? think im going to stick with my own version of 4-2-3-1 though. seems to be working well at the moment. but im only 3 games into the first season!!

Torres is doing brilliant as trequarista seems to fit him perfect.

David Silva is playing behind Nando as Attacking Midfielder - duty to Attack.

Gerrard plays as a Central Midfielder - duty to Support

Torres = App - 18 / Gls - 22 / Avr - 7.62

Gerrard = App - 13 / Gls - 5 / Asts - 4 / Avr - 7.26

Silva = App - 16(2) / Gls - 4 / Asts - 10 / Avr - 7.27

Van Der Vaart = App - 13(5) / Gls - 8 / Asts - 3 / Avr - 7.19

Honestly i haven't played Gerrard as much as i would of liked VDV has been competing for the CM place and playing extremely well when played so i've been rotating them both and with Silva just being outstanding playing behind Torres he's kept his starting place.

If i were you i'd have Torres as the trequarista / target man / ball to feet.

Gerrard playing just behind as attacking midfielder / attack..

Unless of course Villa could be trained to play that role then i'd defo put Villa behind Nando.

With Gerrard as CM - either attack or support duty.

Torres is doing brilliant as trequarista seems to fit him perfect.

David Silva is playing behind Nando as Attacking Midfielder - duty to Attack.

Gerrard plays as a Central Midfielder - duty to Support

Torres = App - 18 / Gls - 22 / Avr - 7.62

Gerrard = App - 13 / Gls - 5 / Asts - 4 / Avr - 7.26

Silva = App - 16(2) / Gls - 4 / Asts - 10 / Avr - 7.27

Van Der Vaart = App - 13(5) / Gls - 8 / Asts - 3 / Avr - 7.19

Honestly i haven't played Gerrard as much as i would of liked VDV has been competing for the CM place and playing extremely well when played so i've been rotating them both and with Silva just being outstanding playing behind Torres he's kept his starting place.

If i were you i'd have Torres as the trequarista / target man / ball to feet.

Gerrard playing just behind as attacking midfielder / attack..

Unless of course Villa could be trained to play that role then i'd defo put Villa behind Nando.

With Gerrard as CM - either attack or support duty.

If am struggling ill change Torres to trequarista and Gerrard to maybe advanced playmaker or att mid thanks

lfc7 The coaches can come out with some crazy stuff sometimes - i tend to ignore them half the time lol.

Yeah i wouldn't really go changing tactics if your doing well as what i say may not work for you, well no doubt it would but if your winning with the tactic you use atm why change it, unless of course you want to see more goals from certain players.

I love Trequarista as Torres stays up the field at all time and when we counter they get the ball to Nando and he's off past the defence in no time and pretty much every chance he gets one on one he'll score.

Thanks MH2k :thup: my tactic is alright just maybe need to tweak the player roles on the odd ocassion but if the goals start to dry up ill change Torres and Gerrards roles to what you suggested

Final Score B.Burn 1-3 Liverpol Gerrard scored in the 2nd half and it looked promising so will definatley keep it as a backup

Thanks MH2k :thup: my tactic is alright just maybe need to tweak the player roles on the odd ocassion but if the goals start to dry up ill change Torres and Gerrards roles to what you suggested

Final Score B.Burn 1-3 Liverpol Gerrard scored in the 2nd half and it looked promising so will definatley keep it as a backup

No probs mate :thup: it's always good to have a back-up tactic incase something isn't right in a match..

The only change i tend to make is putting Silva on the wing and Gerrard behind Nando against big teams as Silvas pace can tear the defence apart and the Gerrard - Torres link-up is superb when used.

Good result there and a goal using that tactic is always a good start.

Hopefully next season the board will give me abit of money hoping at least 25/30M - Sell Kuyt and Riera as they're not the kind of players i want as i'm looking to make us a team of young stars - with a few exceptions of course.

Thinking of trying to either get Ashley Young, Theo Walcott, Juan Manuel Mata, Higuain, Carlos Vela, Ballotelli.

Not being greedy lol.. But yeah i'd like to bring one of the above, i could do with a english player but Ballotelli is the star of the future.

Walcott's favourite club being Liverpool could help with that transfer - He's also unhappy with Wenger atm for recent comments.

No probs mate :thup: it's always good to have a back-up tactic incase something isn't right in a match..

The only change i tend to make is putting Silva on the wing and Gerrard behind Nando against big teams as Silvas pace can tear the defence apart and the Gerrard - Torres link-up is superb when used.

Good result there and a goal using that tactic is always a good start.

Hopefully next season the board will give me abit of money hoping at least 25/30M - Sell Kuyt and Riera as they're not the kind of players i want as i'm looking to make us a team of young stars - with a few exceptions of course.

Thinking of trying to either get Ashley Young, Theo Walcott, Juan Manuel Mata, Higuain, Carlos Vela, Ballotelli.

Not being greedy lol.. But yeah i'd like to bring one of the above, i could do with a english player but Ballotelli is the star of the future.

Walcott's favourite club being Liverpool could help with that transfer - He's also unhappy with Wenger atm for recent comments.

I'd say you could maybe get Young cheap. In an earlier saved game i was able to get Villa to take a straight swap for Babel but then Babel rejected it. Other than that, Mata sounds good but Di Maria makes a good left winger. I'd go for Young for the right.

I'd say you've no chance of getting Vela but that would be awesome (and I didnt know walcott was a liverpool fan...!!)

Imagine this for a attacking force:

CM Gerrard / CM Mascherano

AMR Young / AMC Sliva / Di Maria AML

ST Nando

Walcott - I know i never knew that but his favourite club was Liverpool on the last one aswell so it must be :confused:

Yeah i think i'll have to go with Young or Walcott to have another English player for europe.

Some nice targets there :thup:

Followed the B.Burn win with a 4-0 win against man City at home (Torres x2,Gerrard x1) maybe i was being fussy about what they had scored as it wasnt exactly low goal to game ratio there stats are now

Torres - A - 17 - G - 18 - Avr - 7.55

Gerrard - A - 25 - G - 16 - Avr - 7.59

Some for the time being ill stick with Torres - advanced forward - tm - ball to feet and Gerrard - trequarista ill see how the goal to game ratio is at the end of the season

I know - alot of un-realistic targets though, well there not that bad but i think it's obvious i'd only be able to get one of them and not all of them would be interested anyway, just have to see what happens at the end of the season.

Yeah i mean i think they've got a good ratio personally, I can see Nando getting 30+ by the end of the season for you, and Gerrard will probably get 25+.

Which is a good record for the pair of them.

yeah, actually didnt think of the english thing for europe. i have always liked milner for some reason. im not sure what he's like in the game but think he's a great player IRL. hard working etc.

i wanted young and milner. think milner would be a good replacement for kuyt (if you still have him), same work rate probably and better skills.

ST Nando

Walcott - I know i never knew that but his favourite club was Liverpool on the last one aswell so it must be :confused:

Yeah i think i'll have to go with Young or Walcott to have another English player for europe.

Yeah Walcott was a Liverpool fan growing up

Am going to have to think of some english targets myself for next season as the only HG i have are trained at club - Gerrard, Carra and Insua. Future trained at club Areola and Lukaku July 2012.

Trained in nation - johnson and Mattock so that leaves me a few short

ST Nando

You will have the Prem and Europe quaking in there boots :D

Ahh well Walcott accepted my praise although Dalglish's report suggests he'll cost around 30M.. We'll see what we can do in the summer.

Milner is good on the game and would be a nice addition, I'm actually considering Joe Hart as back-up for Reina as it's another englishman.

I have exactly the same english players as you lfc7 and i would prefere to have decent english players available in Europe that i can actually use than our awful kids.

I had Inter in the group stages - Beat them 2-1 at San Siro in the first game and drew 2-2 at Anfield :)

I have my last game against Rangers in the group after the league cup quarter final vs Chelsea now.

Last time out i battered Rangers 5-1 so hoping for some of the same although the kids will get a run about i think.

Chelsea is guna be tough drew 3-3 last time although was my fault for bringing Areola on in the last 5mins.

Gazza D - Sell the likes of, Dossena, Voronin, Lucas, Degan, Yossi, Babel.. alot of the reserves.

Sign; Di Maria, Otamendi, Salvio, Silva.

Loan; Van Der Vaart

Make sure everything you do, get it all done on the first day - bids, offering players out etc.. makes it much easier as other teams will start sniffing around players you want.

Catch ya later lfc7 mate :thup:

Gazza D - Sell the likes of, Dossena, Voronin, Lucas, Degan, Yossi, Babel.. alot of the reserves.

Sign; Di Maria, Otamendi, Salvio, Silva.

Loan; Van Der Vaart

Make sure everything you do, get it all done on the first day - bids, offering players out etc.. makes it much easier as other teams will start sniffing around players you want.

thanks for the advice

Liverpool are through to the League Cup semi-finals! A 3-1 thrashing at Anfield against Chelsea has left the Liverpool manager made up.

Gerrard scoring 2 and Silva getting the 3rd. with Joe Cole scoring in the 87th min to get one back for Chelsea.

Next up is Spurs at White Hart Lane for a place in the final who will be against Arsenal or West Ham.

Also transfer rumours say Liverpool are interested in a 3.3M bid to get Tom Huddlestone from Spurs - Manager MH couldn't comment but has decided to check out Huddlestone by scouting him as he needs more Englishmen :p

Lee Cattermole has caught the eye of the Liverpool manager as he looks to bring in another DM/CM.

well done MH2k :thup:

Meanwhile I only just edge Pompeyt at home after we let a 3-1 lead slide after Mascherano got sent off and Gerrard was injured, but Benayoun netted an injury time winner, which was desperately needed if we want any sort of hope of catching Chelsea.

lee cattermole could be a good signing... i had a game in FM09 as sunderland and made all the summer signings. they were pretty decent actually. Cana was solid too. but definitely need to look at getting young english lads in cause our reserves / U18 are weak

To: Gazza D

No!!! Absolutely not! Camacho is cheap on the game. I got him for 4.1m, which is slightly higher than what you can buy him for. But well, I was lazy to haggle over the price for such a great player. Lucas can easily for sold for 10m or more.

---

Another great goalkeeper. Only if you carry on the demo save to the boxed version. And he's English too! :D

scottmuggleton.jpg

Adam C - Cheers, yeah i've been behind United by 2points for the majority of the season if i'm to have any chance of winning the League i have to beat them at Anfield on 23/12 then the last game of the season at Old Trafford could well decide the Premier League champions which will be the worst thing ever to go through!

Matt - Yeah they want around 16M but i do really need a CM and a english one would be ideal even better than he's young.

Huddlestone is the cheaper option and would be good as back-up for 3.5M they want.

Sugary - Yeah what was i thinking telling him to go ahead with it he would of lost out! lol Sell Lucas for around 10M then just sign Camacho.

Argh, Gerrard out for 4 weeks, missing our game at Old Trafford, which is a must win game I'm afraid, as Chelsea are still cruising, they've won 10 from 10, and we're 11 points off them in 4th. We're 1 spot of Spurs who are on 20 points, and in 2nd are Man Utd, who have 21 points, but a game in hand on the rest of us.

EDIT: MH2K - I'd go with Huddlestone to be honest, Cattermole for 15m as a back up aint worth it, and I reckon Huddlestone could do a decent job.

Chelsea are 5points behind me in 2nd and United 2points ahead of me in 1st coming upto the christmas period so it could be a two horse race the whole way now. Depending on whether i drop points or not.

cheers will do that now then... have just made a friendly league with inter, lyon and barcelona, and a friendly cup with boca, internacional and ac milan to get in some extra cash

Why the hell did i not think of that to get some extra cash!

you do realise you can carry on the demo save to the full version?

I didn't play the demo not sure why just thought i'd wait for the full game like a idiot.

Gazza - Gutted mate! lost out there he's brilliant - Agger and Skrtel are bench warmers now.

I'm so gonna get David Silva next season if that is possible. Gonna play a 4-2-3-1 Asymmetrical. It's a slightly more complicated formation but the diagonals really work well. Just make sure you have a defensive winger on the left side. What do you think?

----------Torres

-----Silva----------Young

Vargas-------Gerrard

----------Masch

I didn't play the demo not sure why just thought i'd wait for the full game like a idiot.

Gazza - Gutted mate! lost out there he's brilliant - Agger and Skrtel are bench warmers now.

i am going to try and sign him while he is on loan so he will come to me next season

Archived