All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Barca's game in hand, I thought Betis might give them a game:
  3. Pre-season Pre-season began with a selling - an offer came in for Jay Bird and, in true moneyball style, it hit his value so we couldn't say no! In honesty, he wasn't really playing and scoring last season so I'm not too worried here. In player out terms, it was Jay Bird who brought us the money and Robbie Mahon left on a free. The first player to join us is Johnly Yfeko from Hearts. He's spent time at Spurs and Rangers as well as Hearts without becoming a starter for any of them. I'm not quite sure he's going to be first-team yet but he certainly strengthens the bench. The second player in does look like a real gem. Seb Quirk comes in from Port Vale where he's been playing well for the last couple of seasons. Just before that, he was at Accrington having started out as an Everton trainee. Unlike Yfeko, he's starting material. Like last year, we had one Prem League pre-season game. Once again, we got thrashed but Gunn got a goal he'll always remember! As ever, the league is the centre of the focus and the message is clear - don't get relegated! Do the bookies think my lightly strengthened squad can manage it... ... no they don't! We're pitted to be second-bottom but in the rest of the league which is unlike poor Cove Rangers. I hope that we prove we have enough about us to stay up by hook or by crook! The League Cup begins proceedings. Dundee are a fellow Championship side and, having beaten them last season, it would be good to do so again! East Fife who have just dropped back into League Two follow up as do Peterhead who represent League One. The final cup game sees us play Ross County of the SPL so that's where the headlines are! Finally we also have our first Championship league game against Queen's Park who are expected to be one of the better teams in the league so it's certainly not an easy way in! This though, could change everything! With the objective of this save being to get to South America, finally, an interview comes through! San Marcos de Arica are mid-table in the Chilean second tier and now with a vacancy as their manager has moved on. Is this my route into South America?
  4. After months of trying to create a successful possession heavy tactic, I think I finally found a good starting point. First, some goal examples that I'm proud of: https://streamable.com/i9jgcz https://streamable.com/ru2a00 https://streamable.com/ddsuw7 https://streamable.com/ry9r2t Here is the tactic: As you can see, the tactic defends in a 4231 and attacks in 325. From the start of the game I have tried to make a tactic that attacks in 235, and it always ended in failure. Ever since I have changed to 3 at the back, things have been going much smoother. The positional play helps a lot with the AM attacking positioning, always filling up the left half-space since the right one is occupied by the mezzala: AM is 50, mezzala 23. also libero 34 and regista 6 pass map from the same game, 701 passes total Now, I don't think this is a plug and play tactic. I have been managing Sporting for 7 years now, and I probably have a top 4 squad in the world. Also, I train "Plays one-twos" on everyone that is able to. Don't know how much it helps with possession or if it does at all, but it makes sense for me that it does. The main thing I think I need to improve is possession against equal or better opponents. Those games almost always end with possession split 50/50. Having already a top squad, I think the improvement should come from the tactic, I just can't really see where (without sacrificing goals, of course). The results (game against Boavista was the first time I used it): Feel free to try to improve it: Posse - Sporting 2031.fmf
  5. Dear Football Manager Support Team, I am experiencing an issue with the targeted scouting feature in Football Manager 2024. Despite setting my scouts to specifically search for players in Ligue 2 BKT, the scouting reports are consistently recommending players from unrelated leagues such as the Bundesliga and Serie A. This problem seems to persist across various targeted searches, which is quite disruptive to my scouting strategy. Could you please advise on whether this is a known issue and if there are any fixes or workarounds available? Your assistance in resolving this would greatly enhance my gameplay experience. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Best regards,
  6. Today
  7. File is Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.08.26.fm For me all this below happened on Aug 30 and 31, so maybe it will also happen from the day of the save, or maybe you need to go forward a few days Luciano Nazatto is sold by Toluca. I bid for him, but he takes a little less money to go to Benfica. Benfica pays 4.1 million. Ok, fair enough, he would have been a fringe guy for me, maybe Benfica will play him more and Benfica is in Champions Lg. But as soon as Benfica signs him, they have him on loan offer instantly. They'll only accept a loan offer with a mandatory 4.5 mil future fee, but they're willing to cover over 1 million of his current year salary. So they'd actually lose over half a million euros on the deal. I am still interested in the player, so I offer that. But the player, understandably, rejects it because he has just signed with Benfica. But an hour later I get an email that the player has joined Leixoes in the Portuguese Primeira Liga on loan. In that deal Benfica pay his 1.4 mil salary, but Leixoes pay Benfica 28k a month. The email says Leixoes have agreed on a 3.3 million future fee clause, but the player's contract page says it is a 6.25 optional future fee. Purchases with immediate loans are certainly common IRL, but it weird to have a purchase immediately turn into loan-to-buy where there is no financial benefit (and arguably a loss) for Benfica, and it is also strange that the player would reject going on loan for the reason of "I just signed", but then accept a loan an hour later.
  8. Thanks @Zachary Whyte, that's a very very cool feature I didn't know about. In this save (granted, a few months afterwards now) I appear to be tied with 3 other clubs for best in country with 4.5 stars. My "superb" youth facilities are only 4 stars, while Real Sociedad's "superb" youth facilities are 4.5 stars. I am a close 2nd in graduates in La Liga (22 vs Athletic Club's 24), and in top division graduates (Atletico Madrid 30 top division graduates to my 29). The Real Sociedad 4.5 vs my 4 star youth facilities when both are superb is strange. I can't upgrade mine any further (and I don't think its a board thing, I'm "rich" and owner "loves the club") I could see a case where I'm not THE top academy in the country I guess but I'm pretty clearly one of the top academies in the country. Not sure if that's a bug or not, how the game is defining "best" in a pretty close race. At the very least probably should be a middle ground between "failed" and "passed" for something like this
  9. I litterally said I didnt expect 20m for him 3 times already. I did want more than just 10% of that yes. I know, incredibly unreasonable from me... Or are you now gonna tell me you got josh stones for 12m when he was worth 120? I have a vague idea whats the answer is gonna be. And we still not know whcih club it was... guess why.. And my final point: real life data has zero bearings on this situation. Not only was it 15y into the future but I have also said that worse players went for higher fees in that division during the save So whatever cardiff or huddersfield or bumtown clarinets FC or whoever spent in real life last summer is completly irrelevant to what happens in the FM simulation. its just a strawman argument Again im done, you obviously refuse to read, If you quote people, quote them completly instead of cherrypicking what you're gonna answer and ignore the stuff that doesnt fit your view. Thats just malicious intent (again). The OP also said the board isnt happy with his wage budget handling, but want to lose 300k a year in an effort to get 10k more... Which conveniently you also ignored.....It makes zero logical sense and he has a right to raise this complain Also the last time i opened a bug report i saw the same bug the year after so... forgive me for not having high hopes
  10. Haukar - Icelandic First Division (Season 2 ) More of the same in my second season at Haukar. Finished just out of the promotion playoff after a mediocre end to the season where we drew 3 and lost one to finish. Another strong group of youth coming in at the end of the season: Probably the best of the bunch: Transfers (or lack thereof): For next season I will aim to make the playoffs. I also would really like to get my first coaching badge but it's impossible when we're always in the red financially.
  11. I downloaded through Microsoft store...so I misunderstood. then. My apologies. First time I have played the game.
  12. End of Season 6 - Three Years Unbeaten for Real Madrid Were I not hosting the save myself at this point in time you could almost be thinking someone would be cheating to go 3 full league seasons unbeaten. However, @oliscott has managed it and all the posts you see about the game scripting losses for people over in general discussion, I partly wish it was true at this point. I had a few mistakes mid-season, a loss to Atletico Madrid and a few more draws although my previous high of 104 points still wouldn't have been enough this season. My main hope is just that perhaps there is a weakening of the Real Madrid squad as their point totals decline. I managed to salvage some pride with a 2-1 win after extra time in the Champions League final against Real Madrid but another season in which the trophy count skews the way of Real Madrid. Barcelona Best XI: Real Madrid Best XI:
  13. I want to give Bocas Juniores a 6 point punishment for Racism(adepts disorder) in the Copa Libertadores. Promblem is, I don't know how to do that
  14. Mine was like that too and I didn't figure out how to fix it. I already did some tests, but I couldn't solve it. But what I really wanted was for this to be made available. Even with this "supposed" color flaw, it was perfect. I would very much like to use it.
  15. January 2038. After an amazing December we have a very, very frustrating January. We are the highest scoring team in the league, but this month we scored more than one goal in the league just once (but then we put five past Bedsworth). We weren't as good as we were at the end of last year, but we still should've gotten more points. Draw against Telford and win against Hereford and the results would've been much more in line with our performances. Table. We were not the only top side struggling this month. Our almost-a-rival Stalybridge had a terrible month, gaining just 1 point! I'm still aiming for top three but I feel the top 2 places are already decided. Transfer out. This is a big blow for us, softened with the loan back. Green 35b has been ready to leave for quite a while. Over a year ago I promised that he can leave if someone offers 12k€. After that there were about 25-30 offers, most of them below 1k€ from Irish top division sides. But this January three different teams offered over 12k€ and I just tried to negotiate sell-on clause, friendly and loan back to the deals. I did manage to do that and I'm happy Green 35b chose Shrewsbury as I got 50 % sell-on clause to that deal! After a week or two, his valuation jumped up quite nicely! If Shrewsbury sell him some day we will be rich! This is not the only sell-on clause we have, the Fagan 29a deal being another where we could actually gain some significant amount of money. He's been with Bury for 8 seasons, but is still just 24. They're fighting against relegation from League 1 and I would guess that if they get relegated, they would sell Fagan 29a. 50 % of Fagan 29a's value would boost our finances massively! Give me 2,4-4,1 m€, thanks! Upcoming fixtures. January was a real low point of the season, let's hope it is the only low point! Not an easy month as we face teams in positions 1st, 3rd, 6th and 19th.
  16. So I've managed to get it where it says I can only sign Scottish players but in the game I can still sign anyone, so am I missing an extra step ?
  17. Thanks for pointing that out, I hope when it's released it goes to Audiobook as well, then I can purchase it for free
  18. The game cannot be installed locally, it needs Steam, Epic or MS Store (Gamepass). Either you have misunderstood, or you are running a pirate version.
  19. If you guys are (@NineCloudNine and @MichaelNevo) that interested, I can offer you this: https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Lessons-psychology-penalty-shoot-ebook/dp/B0CW1C7QZQ/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.PLYFErxAdL2jm9hBmooVlcVE98wJIy8juMxHKjO_Gbs.ASvGFUL3J0AUnifcrW7iD_keuDlAfzGAOH6tB795LMk&dib_tag=se&qid=1715277811&refinements=p_27%3AGeir+Jordet&s=books&sr=1-1 (I chose Amazon, because it's mostly global, but you can probably find it in other places too) This guy is quite amazing when it comes down to pens and the psychology around it, as he should being a professor of psychology who has studied high pressure situations and narrowed it down to penalty taking. He has worked with a lot of big teams to help them prepare for it. If I remember correctly, the pre shootout ods are usually around 50-50 no matter the technical quality of the teams, but if the first taker scores AND celebrates a lot, the odds of the first team goes to about 60% for whatever reason. Anyway, well worth a read if the topic is interesting.
  20. Ahh, yeah, I ran into an issue when I tested in the Editor. 2024 group stage got messed up it looks like.
  21. (FM24) Born & Bred ‘The Regionnaire Challenge’ – Part 19 Welcome back! We are now on Part 19 of ‘Born & Bred’ FM24 blog series. If you missed the last part, please catch up here or if you’re completely new to ‘The Regionnaire Challenge‘, then here is a link to the introduction. However, I can only sign players that are born in the West Midlands. Basically the same concept as Athletic Bilbao, where only players with Basque nationality are permitted to sign and play for the club… Recap of last season... The end of the last season, our fourth in this series was successful via the playoffs. We have had three promotions now and only two or three off getting into the Vanarama League North. Preseason... Revenge is sweet in our first preseason game as we beat MK Dons U20s 2-1. It was a lot different of a story last preseason with the U20s side beating us 5-0. We then proceed to draw against Welsh side Connah's Quay 1-1 and then back to winning ways against another U20s side but this time it was a 4-0 win over the Chesterfield. Our final game which I was surprised with the outcome as we steam rolled over Rushall 5-0. You can't complain about another unbeaten preseason heading into a new league season... League season review... We have 200-1 odds to win the league and predicted to finish 18th. Will the Peacocks be in a relegation battle this season, I hope not!!! The squad... We have a big squad heading in our fifth season, mainly made up of NewGens at this moment of time as we can't get them big name players into our squad yet. I am still hoping with this squad and with a core of real players we can at least challenge for mid-table at least, I think we have enough in the squad not to be at the wrong end of the table when this season ends... However, our captain, star-boy and Birmingham-born Shilo Waldo is here for another season. He is the longest serving player at the club. In the next update, I'll do a piece on him!! Started the season 2027/28 Name Age Position Place of Birth Club Started at Alex Hodgin 20 GK Kidderminster AFC Mansfield Matty Franks 17 GK Dudley Gornal Athletic David Fielding 16 GK Dudley Gornal Athletic Adam Spinks 31 DEF Sutton Coldfield Tamworth Jamie Smith 31 DEF Worcester Worcester City Will Byers 27 DEF Stafford Stone OA Jamie Chisholm 26 DEF Birmingham Mansfield Town Owen Bennett 25 DEF Birmingham Aston Villa Sam Melhado 19 DEF Stoke-on-Trent Port Vale Jordan Till 19 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Graham Male 18 DEF Stourbridge Stourbridge Lewis Downes 17 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Jamie Dorrington 17 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Jamie Parkes 17 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Sam Leckie 17 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Neil Shannon 17 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Gawayne Eastmond 17 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Divine Brown 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Ajibola Benjamin 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Chekaine Pillinger 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Joe Long 16 DEF Dudley Gornal Athletic Connor Taylor 34 MID Coventry Coventry Sphinx Ade Francis 24 MID Birmingham Walsall Sonny Parsons 24 MID Coventry Nuneaton Brendan Kavanagh 19 MID Birmingham Port Vale Dick Stevens 19 MID Sutton Coldfield Boldmere David King 19 MID Halesowen Halesowen Town Gregor Walwyn 19 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Paul Piper 18 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Haden Creaney 18 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Paddy McKenna 17 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Aaron Bell 17 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Chris Osborne 17 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Haden Truslove 17 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Paul Martin 17 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Joe Long 16 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Kelvin Hadland 16 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Carrick Fream 16 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Mike Davies 15 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Andre Landell 34 FOR Birmingham Wolverhampton Shilo Waldo 23 FOR Birmingham West Brom Danny Cadman 19 FOR Stafford Stafford Jack Bloom 18 MID Dudley Gornal Athletic Alex Maycock 18 FOR Dudley Gornal Athletic Fedilis Igwe 18 FOR Warwick Aston Villa Dave Winterbottom 17 FOR Dudley Gornal Athletic Jim Sinclair 16 FOR Dudley Gornal Athletic Shaun Grimes 16 FOR Dudley Gornal Athletic *Players in BOLD BLACK are NewGen players. Final Words All updates on this series will be posted on here, also on the Sports Interactive Community page & in the FM Library Discord channel… In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback, questions and don’t forget to subscribe and hit the like button. All previous FM blogs can be found here and you can follow me over on X here…
  1. Load more activity