FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JasK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

wow JasK.... those are some transfers man. 40 mil for Crouch? tottenham spent 80 mil on average players.....

total received 301 mil.... haha well done man.

Yes, i am surprised it still works. Somehow teams like newcastle, tottenham, man city, portsmouth, sometimes arsenal, are the ones who fall for it. And they seem so much richer than us being able to pay 30, 40m over 24mths. Some italian teams also falls for it. And for fees like this, the chairman always accept for you, that is after the initial steps of putting them on transfer list, offer over 24mths + 50% next sale everyone. It's silly money thou and not realistic..but it gets liverpool real rich in couple seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just tried this trick with Ryan Babel and it worked, Real Madrid aggreed to buy him for 30m over 24 months and 50% of next sale

Just finished 2nd season wiv lfc, i won charity shield, euro super cup, world club championship, league cup, fa cup and premiership. Added to the champs league and prem in my first season, although all in all av spent nearly 120m over both seasons. I think that adjusting the training and which coaches do what aspect, was a major factor in my success. Has anyone had any doubts over Pepe Reina? Both seasons he ended up with av.rat of under 6.9 and I even played Carson for 20 games last season and he ended up with a 7.2 av.rat. What dyu think I shud do?

Originally posted by dan99:

£40m + 50% of next sale, Gerrard, first season, should I?

He's worth more than that tbh, easily 50 to 60m to sell. Any reason you are selling him in the first season? dislike him? lol, because there are many other players whom you can fetch for 30 to 40m over 24mths + 50% next sale.

Originally posted by woolfc:

Just finished 2nd season wiv lfc, i won charity shield, euro super cup, world club championship, league cup, fa cup and premiership. Added to the champs league and prem in my first season, although all in all av spent nearly 120m over both seasons. I think that adjusting the training and which coaches do what aspect, was a major factor in my success. Has anyone had any doubts over Pepe Reina? Both seasons he ended up with av.rat of under 6.9 and I even played Carson for 20 games last season and he ended up with a 7.2 av.rat. What dyu think I shud do?

Since its the 3rd season and you feel carson can take over as No 1, sell him for a tidy profit. Transfer list him and offer him to interested clubs for 40m over 24mths + 50% next sale, reduce 2m each and offer again if no bidders, should get offer of 30m and above easily since his value could well be more than 8m.

sigh.... it's really frustrating when you think...finally, i got something right with my tactic. Suddenly you lose one and can't win anymore. Squad morale is still alrite.

I think i'm gonna switch to a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

See what can bring torres his best form. He's been very mediocre, apart from getting a hat-trick against the mancs. trashed them 4-1 icon_cool.gif

Jan window is coming, i'll try to get some proper strikers in to partner torres.

I feel the whole squad is very average, i'm gonna try clean out the squad next season.

Guys, how do u stop the board from interfering with my transfers? I had an offer for insua at 8mil from valencia and the board accepted it on my behalf.

He's like my 1st choice left back now cause I sold riise to juve recently. Why can't the board think? And I still have 40mil unused... why the hell they need that 8mil for...

Summer 3rd season, I sorted out my goalkeeper problem by selling reina to spurs for 14m and buying akinfeev for 16m to see what all the fuss is about, as he was one of five players posted in zoo magazine that would be a gem along with ben arfa (who i also have), david (cb from palmeiras), alexandre pato, and mauro zarate (who i have). Also got alves for 26m, but sold riise as the fans said they wanted him gone after poor performances, so villa paid 9m. Got 70m and i dunno who to spend it on, heres my latest squad

Akinfeev

Carson

Itandje

Richards

Alves

Insua

Carragher

Agger

Barry

M. Torres

A CB from Atletico (23, D, DM dunno his name)

Gerrard

Pirlo

Mascherano

Lucas

Van Der Vaart

Babel

M. Fernandez

Ben Arfa

Torres

Kuyt

Zarate

Saviola

any ideas????? my starting line up is probably this

Akinfeev

Alves Richards Carragher Agger

Mascherano

Gerrard Pirlo

Babel Fernandez

Torres

I'm in November in my first season(without patch)

Players In:

Wijnaldum(275k)

Duplus(230k)

Dalla Valle(30k)

Saivet(425k)

Aaritalo(250k)

Ignashevich(Free)

Torje(300k)

Preston Edwards(Free)

Zeefuik(750k)

Barkroth(200k)

Van Der Vaart(11.5m)

Veloso(7.25m)

Defour(3m)

Banega(3m)

Marin(500k)

Players Out:

9 Youth Players(Free)

Sissoko(32.5m 2.5 upfonrt and 30m over 24 months)

Kewell(15m over 24 months)

Itandje(3m)

Pennant(6m)

Riise(30m over 24 months)

Crouch(20m over 24 months)

Hyypia(10m over 24 months)

I'm 2nd in the league with 10 games gone.Carlos Vela is joining at the end of season for 20m over 24 months was that a good deal?

My sqaud is:

GK:Reina,Bouzanis

RB:Finnan,Arbeloa

LB:Aureilo,Insua

CB:Carragher,Agger,Hobbs,Ignashevich

DM:Banega,Lucas,Mascherano,Alonso,Veloso

AM:Gerrard,Babel,Aaritalo,Leto,Van Der Vaart

ST:Torres(out for 2 months)Kuyt,Nemeth,Zeefuik

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with my to CM dropping off into a DM position.

I have 40m to spend.Who should I buy/sell?

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I'm in November in my first season(without patch)

Players In:

Wijnaldum(275k)

Duplus(230k)

Dalla Valle(30k)

Saivet(425k)

Aaritalo(250k)

Ignashevich(Free)

Torje(300k)

Preston Edwards(Free)

Zeefuik(750k)

Barkroth(200k)

Van Der Vaart(11.5m)

Veloso(7.25m)

Defour(3m)

Banega(3m)

Marin(500k)

Players Out:

9 Youth Players(Free)

Sissoko(32.5m 2.5 upfonrt and 30m over 24 months)

Kewell(15m over 24 months)

Itandje(3m)

Pennant(6m)

Riise(30m over 24 months)

Crouch(20m over 24 months)

Hyypia(10m over 24 months)

I'm 2nd in the league with 10 games gone.Carlos Vela is joining at the end of season for 20m over 24 months was that a good deal?

My sqaud is:

GK:Reina,Bouzanis

RB:Finnan,Arbeloa

LB:Aureilo,Insua

CB:Carragher,Agger,Hobbs,Ignashevich

DM:Banega,Lucas,Mascherano,Alonso,Veloso

AM:Gerrard,Babel,Aaritalo,Leto,Van Der Vaart

ST:Torres(out for 2 months)Kuyt,Nemeth,Zeefuik

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with my to CM dropping off into a DM position.

I have 40m to spend.Who should I buy/sell?

if torres is out for two months you definetly need some striker cover.even with him fit you need better options.im just into my second season and i have nemeth and zeefuik too.both are not up to scratch yet.they need a few years.you also need some centre half cover.hobbs will become good but needs time in reserves or out on loan.i suggest breno the brazilian defender.class player and avaliable for 3-5 million.as for a striker...owen maybe is a good cheap option.depends on how you play

Hey I get the game in a few days and of course I will play as liverpool. I don't know the stats yet but here's my primary plan:

GK: Reina,Carson (If I can recall him)

LB: Riise,Aurélio

CD: Carra,Agger,Hyypiä,Paletta

RB: Finnan,Arbeloa

DM: Sissoko,Mascherano,Xabi

LM: Babel

RM: Pennant,Benayoun

AM: Gerrard,Kewell (bit of a shocker)

ST: Torres,Kuyt,Voronin

Will sell Crouch and try to buy another one, not sure if I will play Riise as LB or LM.

BUY:

lb/lm

st

suggestions

LB: Manuel Pasqual, Phillip Lahm

LM: Morten Gamst Pedersen,Vicente

ST: Jermain Defoe, Jefferson Farfan, Nery Castillo

Formations:

Premier League 4-1-2-1-2

GK: Reina

DL: Riise/buy

DC: Agger

DC: Carra

DR: Finnan

DMC: Xabi

ML: Babel/buy/riise

MR: Pennant

AM: Gerrard

FC: Torres

FC: Kuyt/buy

Tough teams (Barca,Chelsea,Real etc) 4-2-3-1

GK: Reina

DL: Riise/buy

DC: Agger

DC: Carragher

DR: Finnan

DMC: Xabi

DMC: Mascherano

AML: Babel/Riise/buy

AMC: Gerrard

AMR: Pennant

FC: Torres/Kuyt

I got another plan where I keep Kewell on the wing and try to change Sissoko or Leiva to AM's or buy a new one.

So what do you think? player suggestions are welcome

Is any one else having serious problems with kewell, I started the game, everything was going nicely and then half of the squad(the senior half) started to hate him, given that he is such a loveable chap in real life, I restarted the game, only to find that it happened again, is there anything you can do other than sell?

I've just clinched the title after a 3-0 away win at Fulham in my first season. I'm 10 points ahead of Chelsea with 3 games left to play. The fans were gutted after I got knocked out of the FA Cup by Man U, so hopefully this will cheer them up.

I'm targetting Richards and Aguero in the transfer window and need to offload a bunch of unhappy squad players.

Van der Vaart, Torres and Gerrard have been sensational and Leto has been excellent in the second part of the season.

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottb1986:

Zombie - Kewell for £15m, Riise for £30m and Hyypia for £10m. I know the transfer fees are extreme on this game but surely you've tweaked a stat or two there mate.

I didn't cheat.All those fees are over 24 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, forgot you could do that. Just signed Richards myself for 324m

Originally posted by Simme:

Hey I get the game in a few days and of course I will play as liverpool. I don't know the stats yet but here's my primary plan:

GK: Reina,Carson (If I can recall him)

LB: Riise,Aurélio

CD: Carra,Agger,Hyypiä,Paletta

RB: Finnan,Arbeloa

DM: Sissoko,Mascherano,Xabi

LM: Babel

RM: Pennant,Benayoun

AM: Gerrard,Kewell (bit of a shocker)

ST: Torres,Kuyt,Voronin

Will sell Crouch and try to buy another one, not sure if I will play Riise as LB or LM.

BUY:

lb/lm

st

Paletta was sold to Boca in the last transfer window.

U don't need a lb as u have Insua.Buy Aaritalo,he can play up foward and on the wings.2 must buy players are Breno(cb) and Lulinha(am).

Originally posted by scottb1986:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottb1986:

Zombie - Kewell for £15m, Riise for £30m and Hyypia for £10m. I know the transfer fees are extreme on this game but surely you've tweaked a stat or two there mate.

I didn't cheat.All those fees are over 24 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, forgot you could do that. Just signed Richards myself for 324m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats alot of money icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, best formation in the game is 2 CBs 2WB-Thats right, finally WB actually work.

DM-Very Defensive Settings including tight marking

2CM both with arrows going forward and out, with crossing set to 'from deep'.

1 AM

2 ST

Lucas Becomes Brilliant at the DM role, Defense is pretty solid, apart from Finnan, who gets too old after one season, any suggestions?

Im looking for a centre mid with good crossing and a great left foot aswell.

Plus a striker and any youth players who might fit in at the pool

Originally posted by HJamesC:

Ok, best formation in the game is 2 CBs 2WB-Thats right, finally WB actually work.

DM-Very Defensive Settings including tight marking

2CM both with arrows going forward and out, with crossing set to 'from deep'.

1 AM

2 ST

Lucas Becomes Brilliant at the DM role, Defense is pretty solid, apart from Finnan, who gets too old after one season, any suggestions?

Im looking for a centre mid with good crossing and a great left foot aswell.

Plus a striker and any youth players who might fit in at the pool

U should buy Barragan(RB),Lulinha(AMC),Breno(CB),Saivet(AMRL,ST),Zeefuik(ST),Van Der Vaart(AMC,left footed and has good crossing and passing stats).

I have Saivet, Breno and Lulinha.

Tried to get Zeefuik, but everytime I get my offer accepted, he signs a new contract, must be costing them a bomb in signing on fees!

Will now get Barragan at end of season, and hopefully sell crouch to get money for Van der Vaart.

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by HJamesC:

I have Saivet, Breno and Lulinha.

Tried to get Zeefuik, but everytime I get my offer accepted, he signs a new contract, must be costing them a bomb in signing on fees!

Will now get Barragan at end of season, and hopefully sell crouch to get money for Van der Vaart.

Thanks for your help!

No problem icon_wink.gif and 1 more piece of advice,offer crouch to clubs for 20m over 24 months.I got 7 clubs offering that much money for him.

hello, how isevery one. I loaded up the game for the first time on the weekend. Unfortunately cos of work and family commitments i wont get as much time to play as i would like. So far i have only played 3 friendlies but won them 3-0, 4-0, 3-1 and the team is looking alright. I havent bought anyone except for coaching staff. I demoted Ablett to just a coach and i am trying to get pako ayestran back, but he wont come icon_frown.gif. I got paco herrera back icon_smile.gif and the usual guys that i buy in every fm, Pincollini, scala. I am still looking at getting 7 stars for all coaching areas. I was lazy and imported my fm 07 training schedules, and they appear to still work. formation wise i thought i would create something to utilise the side's strengths ( i dont like using other people's tactics BUT they do like reading what others do to get ideas). its a narrow diamond playing mixed passing and medium-slow tempo

4-1-2-2-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 depending on who plays upfront.

Team is as follows

gk: reina

fbl : riise, aurelio, insua

cb: carragher,agger,hyypia, hobbs

fbr: arbeloa,finnan

dmc: mascherano,sissoko

mcl: alonso

mcr: lucas

amc: gerrard (farrow cutting to the fwd posn oppisite to babel)

aml or amr (depending on which flank has the weaker fullback) : babel (cutting inside)

fwd : torres

Since torres can have confidence issues with his goals drying up, i will switch this to the second formation with crouch up there with him and gerrard acting as a pure amc.

If the narrow doesnt work, i can sub of mascha and put pennant on the wing with only one forward. So yeah this setup is flexible depending on the players available and the opposition. I do a rule of one in terms of mentality with the forwards being 2 notches away from all out attach, and each level being 1 notch less attacking with the exception of the full backs which have a mentality = the dmc. From the friendlies, it seems that this works well cos there are no gaps and the team moves as a unit. Torres has started well 5 goals, 3 assists from 3 games, gerrard 3 goals, babel 1 goal and agger one. But friendlies dont really give a good indication of how the team will perform.

will keep you all posted as i progress

guys im in the 1st jan transfer window and need some help.

i have 21mil to spend and im not sure where to put it or whether to spend it at all.

this is my team

gk reina, itandje

fb barragan, arbeloa, aurelio, insua

cb carra agger iganesivich.

dm sissoko, mascher,

cm lucas , gerrard

amr/l babel, mathias fernandes, maxi rodriguez, benayoun,

st kuyt, voronin, torres

do you think i should buy a player or two if so give me your thoughts on where i should improve

he's a good player, not a great one.

i think the team need more world class players, not above average ones.

anyway, i'm finding it really hard to sell ANYONE in the jan transfer window.

managed to negotiate a deal for matias fernandez but i'm 1mil short. i find it quite ridiculous that nobody wants dirk kuyt for 9mil.

kewell for 1mil, no offers.

managed to seriously unsettle vanden borre but i'm not sure who to buy atm.

either vanden borre or fernandez.

leaguecup0708seasonek6.png

You're right about the squad depth heavybass. I've only sold Kewell. A few players have surprised me especially Insua, Spearing & Leto. I haven't brought in a replacement for Kewell because Leto has been excellent and has chipped in with a few goals too. Like I've said before Modric has been a big disappointment. I will probably move him on at the end of the season.

I want to know where he got the Candy strip that's absolutely retro right there!

Oh yeah I decided to buy a new LW and It's Jeremy Menez but guess what bargain for me... 8 mil deal whilst the rest of you got 10-11 for him haha.

Babel/Menez/Leto

Quaresma/Pennant/Yossi

Results Update

January

League

Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Liverpool

Voronin

Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea

Gerrard

Liverpool 1 - 0 Man City

Torres

Arsenal 0 - 0 Liverpool