FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JasK:

any of you getting crap feeders? from france, ireland, n.ireland, iceland... australia, where are the merchadising feeders and work permit feeders?

I allways get teams from Ireland or Northern Ireland but I reject because there is no point in having them.

Originally posted by Sin City:

Quaresma is a gem for me in my Liverpool team. Thought i forked out too much for him (15m) but he is proving a good buy with 4 goals and 6 assists in 12 games with an avg rating of 7.42

£15m icon_redface.gif Porto wanted £4om for him on my game, so I bought Jesus Navas

Does anyone have any good ideas on a striker to replace owen in the 3rd season, i have around 25mil to spend, i was thinking aguero but he'll cost too much...?

Aguero cost me £25m and is banging them in at the moment.

Originally posted by Robert_296:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JasK:

any of you getting crap feeders? from france, ireland, n.ireland, iceland... australia, where are the merchadising feeders and work permit feeders?

I allways get teams from Ireland or Northern Ireland but I reject because there is no point in having them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried rejecting but its no use, they keep coming back with similar teams after the option to ask again is back, doesn't seem to have much options until you really choose one of them and wait for next feeder date

I officially give up with this game, all of my strikers have got about 5 goals between them in about 12 games, every time they get one on one with the keeper they decide to pass it right to him and my defenders just wont defend, a 2-1 home defeat has topped it all off, feel like throwing the game out the window

Originally posted by bruffell06:

I officially give up with this game, all of my strikers have got about 5 goals between them in about 12 games, every time they get one on one with the keeper they decide to pass it right to him and my defenders just wont defend, a 1-0 home defeat to Sunderland in the cup & a 2-1 home defeat to Birmingham has topped it all off, feel like throwing the game out the window

I officially give up with this game, all of my strikers have got about 5 goals between them in about 12 games, every time they get one on one with the keeper they decide to pass it right to him and my defenders just wont defend, a 2-1 home defeat has topped it all off, feel like throwing the game out the window

My defenders aren't all that good, I had a bit of a fiddle with the settings and they seem to be a bit more solid, but its still very annoying. I'm having zero problems scoring though, Torres and Aguero/Kuyt are banging them in. Gerrard is scoring alot from AM too.

Originally posted by real_betis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bruffell06:

My defenders aren't all that good, I had a bit of a fiddle with the settings and they seem to be a bit more solid, but its still very annoying. I'm having zero problems scoring though, Torres and Aguero/Kuyt are banging them in. Gerrard is scoring alot from AM too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 4 league games Michael Owen has 0 goals

In 8 league games Torres has 1 goal to his name

In 4 league games Kuyt has 0 goals

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bruffell06:

My defenders aren't all that good, I had a bit of a fiddle with the settings and they seem to be a bit more solid, but its still very annoying. I'm having zero problems scoring though, Torres and Aguero/Kuyt are banging them in. Gerrard is scoring alot from AM too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 4 league games Kuyt has 0 goals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty bad. Have a fiddle with your tactics or download one and stick with it for a while to let your players settle into it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

In 4 league games Kuyt has 0 goals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty bad. Have a fiddle with your tactics or download one and stick with it for a while to let your players settle into it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried playing people with Crouch, tried playing with Kuyt to have him come deeper, tried Owen & Torres, tried direct passing, tried short passing just cant seem to crack it icon_mad.gif

Frustrating. The tactic i used up until Januray, very successful, is now providing me nothing. Draws. Thats about it now. Even just drew 2-2 with Reading at home.

Feels so much more instant than last years change, don't know if anybody else has noticed this

Ah, about the feeder club thing, I think this may be a new addition to FM08 as it never happened to me on 07, but I just requested my 4th feeder club and the board stated that, as I've been manager for a while, they've given me an option to state a preference for the type of feeder club I want (commercial, work permit etc). So if you hold out, you will get the feeder you want.

Results update

September

League

Liverpool 4 - 2 Arsenal

Leto, Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt

Wigan 0 - 0 liverpool

Liverpool 1 - 0 Portsmouth

Crouch

West Ham 0 - 3 Liverpool

Ferdinand og, Pennant, Gerrard

League Cup 3rd Round

Sheffield Utd 0 - 1 Liverpool

Gerrard

European Cup Group G

Stuttgart 2 - 3 Liverpool

Kuyt 2, Torres

jus wanted a general opinion off people who are also liverpool in their game.from screenshots of players at end of season and otherwise...during the season etc.players stats are improving but not their physical stats.i.e accel and pace.id expected babel to get a bit quicker.my youngsters are improving.bojan and amoo etc but none of my young senior players are.any advice or help please?

Just started my real first season. Started with some other clubs just to get used to the game before beginning with my Liverpool career.

Anyway, I quickly sold Crouch and Sissoko for 5 million and 6 million respectively. Used this to snap up Diego because he has simply been a god for me on previous editions of the game. 17 million was the price.

After this i was relatively happy, but the team clearly needed at least one defender. I fiddled around with the transfer budget, and after a weeks worth of neogtiating picked up Micah Richards for 12.5 million plus 10 million after 50 appearances. I usually wouldn't due this, but i'm not planning on him being my first choice for another season so it won't be a problem.

I'm now fairly happy with my squad, with two decent players for each position except the left wing, but my current tactic involves very little width so again this won't be a problem. Unless your name is Jermaine Pennant!

Im playing a 4-2-3-1 formation:

GK - Reina

DR - Finnan

DL - Riise

DC - Carragher

DC - Agger

MC - Mascherano

MC - Alonso

AMCR - Babel

AMCL - Diego

AMC - Gerrard

FC - Torres

Subs: Itandje, Kuyt, Lucas, Benayoun, Richards (Voronin, Arbeloa)

Hopefully you can pick up the idea of the tactic im using from that. It's fairly attacking but seems solid at the back, especially now the closing down problem is sorted.

Three league games into the season and i couldn't be happier with how we're playing. The way the team is keeping possession is perfect.

Results:

Genk 0 v 2 Liverpool

Newcastle 0 v 0 Liverpool

Chelsea 2 v 1 Liverpool

Liverpool 4 v 1 Genk

Liverpool 2 v 0 Man City

Looks solid as far as i'm concerned. Will keep tweaking the tactic and hopefully can start scoring more goals. Will keep you posted if anyones interested (i know your not) and any tips would be wonderful.

bruffel mate....

when i was liverpool i used this formation

Reina

finnan. carra. agger. risse

macherano (DM)

Gerrard (CM) alonso (CM)

Pennant (RF) Torres (ST) Babel (LF)

It works wonders mate, i seen it on the tactics forum, the post is from pudds... so go n check it out if ur still havin probs.

Just finished January transfer window in the 2nd season.

Transfers In:

Two Scandinavian regens my scout, Bratseth, rated highly - combined £320k

Daniel Alves - £26.5m

Christian Nazarith - £700k

Transfers Out:

Daniel Agger - £11.5m

Emiliano Insua - £12m

Both went to Newcastle.

Originally posted by ellis123:

bruffel mate....

when i was liverpool i used this formation

Reina

finnan. carra. agger. risse

macherano (DM)

Gerrard (CM) alonso (CM)

Pennant (RF) Torres (ST) Babel (LF)

It works wonders mate, i seen it on the tactics forum, the post is from pudds... so go n check it out if ur still havin probs.

2nd that..great tactic.. if only liverpool could dominate liek this in real life....

anyways am unbeaten so far and am in january.. pretty impressive honestly, but i guess i will get beaten soon, better not being a CL final tho.

Ah, about the feeder club thing, I think this may be a new addition to FM08 as it never happened to me on 07, but I just requested my 4th feeder club and the board stated that, as I've been manager for a while, they've given me an option to state a preference for the type of feeder club I want (commercial, work permit etc). So if you hold out, you will get the feeder you want.

I think feeder clubs is a real throw of the dice thingy, its very random. first time i aksed they gave me rish clubs, i rejected them.

They came back with french league 1 teams and an american club.. pity could only choose one.. went with the americans..am sure hicks would have too.... but i was impressed they gave me montpiller(sp) or some league 2 club.. pretty good players there

Amoo has scored 23 in 13 for my u-18s though icon_redface.gif

Same for me. Looks an absolute gem. I'm in february (first season) and decided to give him his debut in the cup. Came on as a sub for Torres after 59 minutes. Youngest player to ever play for Liverpool according to the Records section. Four minutes later he bagged his first goal. He's now back in the u18's scoring goals for fun.

By the way, I tweaked my tactics a bit to suit Kuyt like you adviced and it worked wonders. Kuyt's form improved drastically and he scored 4 goals in 5 games before getting injured (out for 3 months icon_mad.gif) so I'm now playing with Torres as a lone striker with three AMC's behind him. Just beat Chelsea 2-1 to go top of the league after a shaky start.

fernandezch0.png

Matias fernadez has worked wonders for me... I bought him to play as a left winger at first but he got a rating of 6 and 7 in his first 2 friendlies... then I moved him to support striker role behind torres and he's scoring and assisting like crazy...

So far, I have remained unbeaten but my def is leaking goals about the same amount as i am scoring them. I have not kept a clean sheet in the league since the season starts. My def consists of finnan-carra-barzagli-riise with reina in goal... playing a 4-4-1-1 formation... what should I do to boost my def?

just started my first fm 08 game with LFC.

kept pretty much the same team bought zaccardo from palermo he can play cb and rb so i can sell hyypia and finnan and have arbeloa at right back. not sure what the best formation will be though got beat 2-1 by siena in a friendly and though we had chances it didnt seem to click. this was my team

gk reina

cb agger carragher

rb zaccardo

lb riise

dm mascherano

cm gerrard

mr benayoun (forward arrows amr)

ml babel (forward arrows aml)

st torres

st kuyt

torres scored a nice goal but didnt really create much do you think i should go with the amr and l and not mr and l?

heres my formation....

GK-Reina

RB-Finnan

LB-Riise

CB-Agger

CB-Carragher

MC-Alonso

MC-Gerrard

AMR-Quaresma

AML-Babel/Menez

AMC-Kuyt,Owen,Voronin

ST-Torres

was unbeaten till end of January and then lost to west hame...was gutted!.voronin scores 1 in 2 from amc.i have an arrow from the AMC to ST.and ingame it always looks as if theres two upfront.Ideally i want to play kuyt there.how do people play kuyt? any screenies of his personal instructions?it seems alot use him as a target man to head? any advice would be greatly appreciated as people rave about him scoring tons and creating just as many and hes only scored 5 for me and im in january!

I was just wondering what settings you guys had your defenders on? My defence seems to be getting worse, like they want to concede by stepping out the way of oppositions players, not making challenges and kindly letting them through to score. Any ideas people?

My defenders are on the default setting...fullbacks making forward runs often.aurelio has an eye for a pass so i tend to put him playing thorugh balls.i alter my defensive line to normal/deep depending on who im playing.i.e a player with pace il put to deep.conceded 19 in 25 games.could be better but isnt bad.how do u play kuyt real_betis?.i remember you saying hed scored a ton for ya and created loads too

Originally posted by jack0923:

how were u playing kuyt before though?.i have a soft spot for the original players.dont want to sell him but he isnt performing

Target man, ball to head, hold up ball and just over normal creative freedom. Forward runs and Run with ball mixed or Run with ball rarely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack0923:

how were u playing kuyt before though?.i have a soft spot for the original players.dont want to sell him but he isnt performing

Target man, ball to head, hold up ball and just over normal creative freedom. Forward runs and Run with ball mixed or Run with ball rarely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually play kuyt as a support striker to d oall the running and he does well, usually with foward runs n run with ball to high .

def wise juz make them close down n put a dmc to plug all the leaks in, Liverpool probably has the best CMs and DMCs so it wld be a waste not to use them, i found lucas to be a great ball winner as a dmc

Originally posted by Chrisz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack0923:

Target man, ball to head, hold up ball and just over normal creative freedom. Forward runs and Run with ball mixed or Run with ball rarely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually play kuyt as a support striker to d oall the running and he does well, usually with foward runs n run with ball to high .

def wise juz make them close down n put a dmc to plug all the leaks in, Liverpool probably has the best CMs and DMCs so it wld be a waste not to use them, i found lucas to be a great ball winner as a dmc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using a DMC as I'm playing a 4-4-2 diamond. I wasn't sure about putting my DCs on high closing down but I'll give it a go.

scottb1986, youngsters at Liverpool(If nurtured on a good youth schedule and with good youth coaches) will progress into the 1st team no doubt. ei Dean Bouzanis, David Amoo, Daniel Pacheco, Daniel Sanchez Ayala. But if you want to buy your young talent look no further than 'Lulinha' & 'Alex'. Both not been talked about much on here but hes a gem. Personally i think its all down too what schedules your using and how good your youth coaches are.

Originally posted by scottb1986:

Old Scouser Tommy me old mate. Hows things?

Does LSTB not post anymore?

Had the game a week but been tarting it up with graphics so just about to start.

Anyone got any advice for good cheap players or youngsters.

Who is the Sherman Cardenas of 08?

Cheers

Blimey! Alright Scott lad. How are you?

Good to see you dude!

Have you started a Liverpool save?

Not sure what's happened to LSTB.

Originally posted by Doolinho:

scottb1986, youngsters at Liverpool(If nurtured on a good youth schedule and with good youth coaches) will progress into the 1st team no doubt. ei Dean Bouzanis, David Amoo, Daniel Pacheco, Daniel Sanchez Ayala. But if you want to buy your young talent look no further than 'Lulinha' & 'Alex'. Both not been talked about much on here but hes a gem. Personally i think its all down too what schedules your using and how good your youth coaches are.

Cheers for reply mate. Which Alex? Theres loads icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Old Scouser Tommy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottb1986:

Old Scouser Tommy me old mate. Hows things?

Does LSTB not post anymore?

Had the game a week but been tarting it up with graphics so just about to start.

Anyone got any advice for good cheap players or youngsters.

Who is the Sherman Cardenas of 08?

Cheers

Blimey! Alright Scott lad. How are you?

Good to see you dude!

Have you started a Liverpool save?

Not sure what's happened to LSTB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats he been banned for? lol

Yeh im good thanks. I have started a save but haven't played a competitive game yet and also haven't signed anyone icon_frown.gif Not sure who to look at.

Cheers for the tactic betis, i tried it post patch and the amc seems to have losts its creativity probably due to getting closed down.

I have now developed a 4-1-3-2, was having porblems with the dmc being isolated and he get getting 'sacked' like a quarterback in american football but have got it sorted now, scored 9 goals in 2 games since final tweaking.

In my 3rd season - top on goal difference witha round 10 games to go i play unted, arsenal and chelsea in the last 5 games so that will decide things.

Archived