FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

I got Bojan on a free at the start of the third season too. Gotta offer him key player status and pretty high wages.

I hired his dad as a scout early, probably didn't help, but just for the heck of it.

In fact, I've poached Messi, Dos Santos, Bojan, Thiago and Iago from Barcelona!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeder Clubs

It seems that I got some problems getting good feeder clubs.

After having done some good friendly tours (Japan, China, US, Brazil) I only have one American partner.

I am in my 4 season and I have won the league 3 times and the Champions League twice.

I keep on getting feeder clubs from Wales, Northern Ireland and all the amateur clubs. So i keep rejecting them.

how can i get better feeder teams?

my plan is to get feeder clubs for commercial benefits or for talents. I got feeder for work permit already.

please help

Originally posted by Goliath0011:

Feeder Clubs

After having done some good friendly tours (Japan, China, US, Brazil) I only have one American partner.

I am in my 4 season and I have won the league 3 times and the Champions League twice.

I keep on getting feeder clubs from Wales, Northern Ireland and all the amateur clubs. So i keep rejecting them.

my plan is to get feeder clubs for commercial benefits or for talents. I got feeder for work permit already.

please help

Ask the board, you should be able to reccomend you own by now....

Originally posted by RoosYNWA:

Just started up a new game on the 8.0.2 datebase.

A few questions.

* Mikel San Jose, any good?

* Ivan Rakitic, used him on 8.0.0 and he became quite good. A player for 8.0.2 aswell?

Mikel San Jose has a PA of -8 so there is a chance he could become a good player

I don't think Rakitic is a good as he was in 8.0.0 but I'm not a 100% sure.But you can get Bojan on loan.

Originally posted by lennon696:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goliath0011:

Feeder Clubs

please help

Ask the board, you should be able to reccomend you own by now.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I keep asking the board for a new one every time the option comes up, and I have 11 affiliates now in my 4th season:

England: Southampton & Crewe (both loan feeders)

Scotland: Hearts (loan & 1st option)

Wales: Wrexham (friendly)

USA: New England (commercial)

China: Tianjin (commercial)

Ghana: Ashanti (1st option)

Colombia: Atletico Nacional (1st option)

Mexico: Pachuca (1st option)

Israel: Beitar Jerusalem (loan & 1st option)

Belgium: Lokeren (work permit)

I'm hoping I can get a Brazilian, Argentinian, or East European feeder club next time out...

Don't know if this some kind of "repost" but Insua just played a under 19 cap for spain. Still "listed" as argentinian... guess it has to be a cap on highest level for him to be a spainaird (spelling?).

Progress (s.1) is positive. Leading the PL after 9 matches (7-2-0) after 3-3 on Trafford and a win 2-0 on Emirates.

The transfers

IN

Rakitic

Barnes

VDV

OUTS

None, tried to sell kewell and voronin but no success so far...

10 games into my second season and I am 2nd a point behind United, who have a game in hand on me. Having come from 10 points behind to won the league though last season I'm confident I can pull it off again! Especially with Torres in such great form 11 goals in 10 league games, 16 in 13 games overall!

I have has an offer of £20m for Kuzmanovic accepted. Is he worth it?

If not who would people suggest that is equally good and cheaper or better for a similar price. I have Mascherano, Alonso and Lucas for the 2 CM's spots in a 4-2-3-1 formation at the moment, Gerrard too if he is needed to play there.

My Current Team (2nd season, after finishing 5th first season):

GK Reina

RB Rafinha

LB Riise (Lorenzo Davids Backup)

CD Agger

CD Carragher (Sakho and Skrtel backups)

MC Lucas

MC Mascherano

AMR Gerrard

AML Babel (Farfan Backup)

ST Torres (Kuyt backup)

AMC Nihat

Three games in , won all 3 Home to Reading (3-0), Away to Arsenal (3-2), Home to Chelsea (1-0 , a scorching 30 yarder from Nihat)

Looking good for season ahead!

Hey Guys,

I'm half way through my 3rd season now, top of the table undefeated with Arsenal 2 points behind also undefeated, this is just crazy, the same damn thing happened last season, arsenal only lost once, and that was to me! this year we've already drawn at emirates (a very late goal by torres). luckily they seem to play poorly in the cups and are already out of them all.

i still need a hand with my defenders, i've changed my line up slightly, Samuel is now on my bench, Richards plays in the centre and a DR from Portsmouth is on the right, it's slowed the goals down but now i need to stop them completly. The only signing I've made so far is Kevin Doyle from Reading who has become a great backup AMR/L for me.

Who can you recomend I bring in, I still have around $70M available.

Here is my team again:

GK: Reina

RB: DR from Portsmout (name escapes me) he's english

CB: Micah Richards

CB: Fernando Meria

LB: Riise

DM: Gerrard

DM: Veloso

CM: Michael Johnson

AMR: Walcott

AML: Babel

ST: Torres

SB1: Bouzanis

SB2: Kuyt

SB3: Mascerhano

SB4: Carragher

SB5: Kewell

Is Michael Johnson actually as good as they say???

i think he's fantastic. he plays as my sole CM (i have 2 DMs behind him and AMR and AML) and he is brilliant.

Last season he averaged nearly 8, topped the assists (got over 40), won young player of the year, runner up in midfielder of the year (to stevie g), and scored 5 goals in 7 games for england!! i think it was the best $30M i've ever spent!

had an offer from barcelona (a week after they offered me the job as manager) for $90M for Johnson and $80M for Richards, naturally i told them that the offers weren't even close to being good enough!

so, yes, buy him, if you use you CM to hold the ball and play it through to a running winger/striker to score.

GK: Ochoa/Carson

RB: Rafinha/Torres

LB: Marcelo

CB: Breno/Skrtel

CB: Richards

CM: Mascherano/Veloso

CM: Gerrard/Lucas

AMR: Messi/Modric

AML: Babel/Fernandez

AMC Aguero/Dos Santos

ST: Torres/Bojan/Walcott

5th season wont get a better team than that ^^ icon_cool.gif

Here is an update progress from me in my game of FM2008.

1st season still and I'm in November... and so far I've assembled the best defense in the league, won 18 games in a row, gained qualification to the last 16 of the champions league by effortlessly beating Valencia.

Torres for me suffered slightly but now he's back in form for me scoring 3 in the last 2 games against the Bitters and the Ches.

My 1st team plays brilliant football and is better than top scoring Man Utd at the moment although i swear the game is acting like IRL Ronaldo's on 16 goals in the League.

So with the 2nd and the 3rd team playing with consistency and accuracy so now I must plan for the next season... I got English players such as Downing, Bentley, R Taylor and maybe I want to bring in Johnson and Baines.

I'm hoping that Kuyt and Voronin who are playing brilliant for me so far get interest from other clubs but Arebola is getting interest from R.Madrid so I might keep an eye on that.

SQUAD

Reina/Itjande/Adan/Costil

Finnan/Arbeloa/Barragan/Azupilicueta

Riise/Aurelio/Marcelo/Insua

Carragher/Skrtel/Suchy

Agger/Barzagli/Hyppia

Alonso/Mascherano/Lucas/Sankhare

Gerrard/VDV/Defour/Kroos

Quaresma/Pennant/Benayoun/Kalouda

Babel/Menez/Kewell/Hunt

Kuyt/Crouch/Trejo

Torres/Voronin/Pandev

-----

Yes I know that's too many players but it's how I work with and I like the pressure... sides there are going to be a lot of outs.

Just finished getting through the January transfer window in season 4. I didn't expect to make many moves, but got good offers for both Hobbs and Carson, which gave me a bit more money to play with. I was very pleased to get anything for Carson, as his contract was up at the end of the season, and I was prepared to let him go on a free. I bought Kasper Schmeichel as a short-term replacement until Bouzanis gets back from loan, and also snatched up Olazabal from Barca. Between Reina, Bouzanis, Olazabal, and a young regen keeper from my youth ranks (PA of 187) I think I've got the GK position solved for the next 10 years. icon_smile.gif

I also signed Sergio Mota from Vasco de Gama to add a bit of depth to the AM position.

Currently 1st in the league (though Man U and Chelsea are hot on my heels), through to the knockout stage of the Champions League, through to the League Cup Final vs Newcastle in a couple weeks, and still alive in the FA Cup.

Current roster:

GK: Reina, Schmeichel

LB: Kolarov

CB: Criscito, Rafael Forster

CB: Cristian Zapata, Carragher

RB: Alves, Matthieu Saunier

CM: Lucas, Mascherano

CM: Gerrard, Van der Vaart

AML: M. Fernandez, Mota

AMC: Aguero, Levan Kenia

AMR: Babel, Jeremy Menez

FC: Torres, Henri Saivet

I may switch to a 4-4-2 diamond formation soon, if only to put Lucas/Masch in a natural DM position, and put Aguero and Torres together up front. I'm also considering selling Van der Vaart (good, but very inconsistent) and Carragher during the summer, but that's still four months away, so for now, it's the Quadruple or bust!

Originally posted by Deano7:

GK: Ochoa/Carson

RB: Rafinha/Torres

LB: Marcelo

CB: Breno/Skrtel

CB: Richards

CM: Mascherano/Veloso

CM: Gerrard/Lucas

AMR: Messi/Modric

AML: Babel/Fernandez

AMC Aguero/Dos Santos

ST: Torres/Bojan/Walcott

5th season wont get a better team than that ^^ icon_cool.gif

OK! howd u get bojan/messi away from barca??? my mate did the same thing, and i swear that he used a cheat. this was his team in the first month, of his first season.

Gk- Reina (Itandje)

def- richards, Carragher, Barzargli, Marcelo (riise)

mid- Messi Gerrard Ronaldinho Babel (Nani, Lucas, macherano)

fwd- Villa Torres (Bojan, Saivet)

anyone else think my mate cheated???

I would say that your mate cheated, the money he would need to buy all those players is more than what you get at the start of the game. I don't think Messi and ronaldinho have been interested in joining liverpool at the start of the game anyway

how great is this?

Man Utd has gone into administration in my game and is totally bancrupt icon_eek.gif

I am the end of season 2011/2012 having won the league and the CL. I made a bid of £10 mio for Ronaldo and it got accepted icon_biggrin.gif So he after agreeing terms he will be joining soon.

I also made a bit for Rooney for £10 mio and it got accepted, however Rooney wasnt interested.

Anyway, I got enough strikers in Torres, Aguero, Bojan, Saivet and Higuain in my ranks.

Now the only problem is that i dont know where to play Ronaldo. I have Guardado and Ben Arfa as left wingers. Guardado is playing very well. On the right, I have Gapke, Higuain and even Saivet.

I am not looking only for a CD as Carragher is now 34. Not too sure about Agger and my main CD is Felipe. However, i have got youngsters (Nordveilt ect) but I want a big name in my team.

cant wait to have Ronaldo in the team. all there is missing is now Messi. maybe next year icon_wink.gif)

I've just started a Liverpool game and was wondering if any of the numerous young players we have turn out to be good? When I say good I mean good enough to be a squad player or generate a fairly decent amount of money?

I'm just wondering about which to keep and which to offload straight away.

14978339.jpg

Great start to the season , includes away to arsenal and at home to Chelsea.

Babel 11 in 19 (Now up front with Kuyt 2 in 5 as backup)

Torres 10 in 11 (injured for 5 months)

Gerrard 6 in 18

Nihat 6 in 18

Farfan 3 in 7

Originally posted by LiverpoolSimplyTheBest:

that's an ace team RCCook la, need a new lb tho.

Thanks!

Kolarov played really well for me last season, but he's been hurt and somewhat ineffective this year, so he's probably gone after the season. I might move Criscito to LB and go get a top-notch CB- there aren't many great LB's out there for some reason...

I'm in July 2008, having won the Premiership, and I'm looking to make a fairly major overhaul of the team.

Out summer 2007: Voronin £3m, Benayoun £3m, Sissoko £12m, Riise £7.5m

In summer 2007: Marcelo £5.5m, Fernandez £9m, Saivet, Wijnaldum, Sakho, Raggio Garibaldi all on compensation.

In Jan 2008: Rafinha £10m

Out so far summer 2008: Kuyt £7.5m, Crouch £10m, Pennant £6m, Itandje £2m

In so far summer 2008: Adriano £20m+Wijnaldum, Riquelme (free), Andrea Gasbarroni (free)

Team is:

GK Reina, Carson, Bouzanis

DR Rafinha, Finnan, Arbeloa

DC Carragher, Agger, Hyypia, Hobbs, Spearing, Sakho

DL Marcelo, Aurelio, Insua

DMC Mascherano, Lucas

MC Alonso, Gerrard, Riquelme

AM Fernandez, Babel, Gasbarroni, Gerrard

ST Torres, Adriano, Saivet

I spent a lot of last season playing 433 which I know works well but I'd like to get a 2-striker tactic working.

I'm particularly looking for a good mobile target man in the Drogba mould. Didier's too old and too expensive. I thought I'd found my man in Asamoah Gyan but he's currently out for 6 months with a cruciate ligament injury, and Parma want £27m. Alternatively, I can get Fredi Kanoute for £15m. He's 30, but has good finishing, heading, first touch and pace.

I really only want to sign one striker as I want to give Saivet plenty of time in the first team to bring him on.

So - Gyan or Kanoute? Or another player? I have £30m left in the kitty.

I am now in my 5th season as Liverpool, and currently on a 36 match (league) unbeaten run.

My squad is:

Ustari / Akineev

Rafinha / Richards / Hoyte

Bale / Insua / Aurelio

Breno / Sakho / Bocaly

Mascherano / Lucas / Ducasse

Gerrard / Martinez / Kenia

Farfan / Modric / Rodriguez / Fernandez / Elano / Reyes / Babel

Torres / Aguero / Owen / Goitom

I know that there a lot of players (and not many english) but that is the way that i play, i would rather have someone, then let them go to someone else... icon_biggrin.gif

The stadium is being upgraded to 76000 seats, and i am finally making money slowly, not every month, but all in all we are making a profit.

It is now the end of October 2011, with the stadium expansion due to be completed 28 Nov. Not really sure where to improve the squad next season, any ideas?

On a side note, i currently have 2 commercial affliated clubs, has anyone ever known of getting more than two?

Dude sweet squad.

I have almost 2 players for every position.

About your stadium: before I started off my game I went into the editor and changed the "New Anfield" to 75,000 with a possible expansion to 100,000.

I'm trying to buy up all of the young talent.

Prior to me starting off I tweaked the funds and some players' release clauses.

1st season 4-2-3-1

01 GK: J. M. Reina

02 DR: Daniel Alves & Rafinha

03 DL: J. A. Riise & E. Insusa

04 CB: R. Albiol & M. Skrtel

05 CB: D. Agger & J. Carrager

06 DM: J. Mascherano & M. Sissoko

10 DM: X. Alonso & Lucas Leiva

07 MR: Lukeinho (Created Player) & J. Pennant

11 ML: D. Silva & R. Babel

08 AMC: S. Gerrard & S. Aguero

09 ST: F. Torres

i know i need a backup striker for torres but im trying to blood some youngsters in to my first team, but where else can i improve bearing i mind i dont want to buy world-class players but players that are likely to improve in the future.

im on patch 8.02 3rd season by the way.

thanks

Originally posted by sarge:

I am now in my 5th season as Liverpool, and currently on a 36 match (league) unbeaten run.

My squad is:

Ustari / Akineev

Rafinha / Richards / Hoyte

Bale / Insua / Aurelio

Breno / Sakho / Bocaly

Mascherano / Lucas / Ducasse

Gerrard / Martinez / Kenia

Farfan / Modric / Rodriguez / Fernandez / Elano / Reyes / Babel

Torres / Aguero / Owen / Goitom

I know that there a lot of players (and not many english) but that is the way that i play, i would rather have someone, then let them go to someone else... icon_biggrin.gif

The stadium is being upgraded to 76000 seats, and i am finally making money slowly, not every month, but all in all we are making a profit.

It is now the end of October 2011, with the stadium expansion due to be completed 28 Nov. Not really sure where to improve the squad next season, any ideas?

On a side note, i currently have 2 commercial affliated clubs, has anyone ever known of getting more than two?

I forgot to add that i also have Kolarov for LB, but his WP failed so he is sent to an affliate for 4 years to get his dual nationality

Hi guys,not posted for a while,been busy with my new born baby son!so as you can imagine i dont get much chance to work on tactics and scout round for the best youngsters anymore on fm08.

Basically im after some feedback from you all,in your own opinions whats your best formation for the liverpool team?or if you use a downloaded tactic.

I generally try to get the tactics and formation as close to real life as i can,but doesnt always turn out that way!i do try to bring sum youngsters thru from reserves but now and again i need to spend a bit in the market for a quality player or 2!

any comments,opinions and views all appreciated!

Originally posted by rickastley94:

Hi guys,not posted for a while,been busy with my new born baby son!so as you can imagine i dont get much chance to work on tactics and scout round for the best youngsters anymore on fm08.

Basically im after some feedback from you all,in your own opinions whats your best formation for the liverpool team?or if you use a downloaded tactic.

I generally try to get the tactics and formation as close to real life as i can,but doesnt always turn out that way!i do try to bring sum youngsters thru from reserves but now and again i need to spend a bit in the market for a quality player or 2!

any comments,opinions and views all appreciated!

I currently use polat_dgn set of 2 tactics from the t&t forum. It is just a really attacking 442 with a 4141 for really tough games (although now that the team has got used to the 442, i rarely change). Currently on a 37 match unbeaten run.

As a Liverpool fan, i have decided to start a new Liverpool file. im playing on patch 8.02.

Here are my transfers: (please comment)

Damien Le Tallec 240k

Henri Saivet 475k

Younousse Sankhare 900k

Mamadou Sakho 425k

Emil Salomonsson free

Hatem Ben Arfa 13.75m

Amauri 6.75m

Taye Taiwo 5.25m

Bojan Loan

Transfers/Loans out:

Le Tallec Loan

Sakho Loan

Sankhare Loan

Salomonsson Loan

Nabil El Zhar Loan

Transfer listed players:

Jermaine Pennant

Andriy Voronin

Yossi Benayoun

Harry Kewell

Dirk Kuyt

Just played my first game,

Liverpool 2-1 Everton

scorers:

Ben Arfa 6, Yakubu 74, Bojan 81

close game to start, but a deserved win.

Originally posted by Goliath0011:

i never liked babel. so i sold him in my first season... but good for you

you must have played him in the wrong position or with the wrong mentality cos on my game he is outstanding. I have him as the left AMC on Kimz v2.2 tactic and this season after approximately 30 games he has scored 15 goals and got 19 assists!

Originally posted by heavybass:

Ok in IRL news and possibly the next edition of FM... Liverpool will have the services of Philipp Degen as he has verbally agreed to join us for free from Dortmund.

is this another class act on a free

like voronin icon_rolleyes.gif

where does he play?

Archived