The Random Game - Sign up and Test thread

nice btw i dont mind chaning position and being a DR/L

Defenders are being removed as well as the scoring system works against them too much and I don't want to make it too complex. There are going to be two leagues one for Mids and another for Strikers with and overall table at the end of the year with the chance to raise your CA/PA.

So there will be two chances for a midfielder and two chances for a striker to raise there attributes and one chance for one of the 20 people to raise their CA/PA every season.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have holidayed the rest of the season. I'm off to have tea and stuff but the update will be up later tonight along with the list of players. All being well the signing up for the rest of the places should begin tomorrow with the aim of starting it on Thursday (due to England game tomorrow night) dependig on how fast I can get the editing done.

End Of Period 1 (1.1.2009 TEST)

[u]Position[/u]          [u]Name[/u]              [u]Total Points[/u]

1st           [color=black]Maz Armley              151[/color]
   2nd           [color=black]Peter Gorgenhorgen      142[/color]
   3rd           [color=black]Robin van der Dutch      93[/color]
   4th           [color=black]Tom Hamilton             46[/color]
   5th           [color=black]The Cow                  35[/color]
   6th           [color=black]mikey twigge             16[/color]
   7th           [color=black]The Survivor             15[/color]
   8th           Jonathan Tiny[color=black]             9[/color]
  =9th           [color=black]Jack Browne               0[/color]
  =9th           [color=black]Andrew Jackson            0[/color]

Excel Sheets.

Part 1

Part 2

So as you can see Maz continued his great form but Peter lost 60 points due to his Y/RC!! which would have seen him win easily. Interestingly Van Der Dutch did improve his score after his improvements whilst The Cow seems to have suffered from his decrease. Two people ended up with caps in the first season and TBF it was clear to see who the 2 -10 PA players were. Several players do have youth caps with Tiny bagging 7 U21 Caps and a goal for New Zealand.

My Views

Well here we are at the end of the test period. This was meant to be 2 seasons but it became clear the scoring system wasn't going to work for Defenders (not high enough)and Goalkeepers (far too high).

It doesn't take much to see that had Peter not had a poor discipline record he would have destroyed everyone constantly. Oddly enough his Dirtiness was only 7, with a Professionalism of 14, Sportsmanship of 15 and a Temperment of 12. His Controversy is 16 though.

The Future

Sometime in the future I will be posting a list of the people from the test. This is your last chance to tell me if you want to change something, there will be request for some of you to provide me with informantion. I will note down beside your names the changes I know have to be made.

After much deliberation I have also decided that the PA variation is too great as such I will be changing it from -8,-9,-10 to either -8,-9 or to -9,-10. Please give me you opinions on this if you are around now.

Hope you enjoyed being part of the test. Any constructive critism is welcome :thup:

Player List and Info.

1. Jonathan Tiny (LLR) – To be changed to MR

2. Andrew Jackson (Jack Rudd) – Ok

3. Jack Browne (jack.browne) - Ok

4. Tom Hamilton (hamilton162) - Ok

5. Maz Armley (m123...) - Ok

6. Peter Gorgenhorgen (canvey!!) – Please change to either Midfielder or Striker. Nationality to be changed to Austrian/Dutch

7.Robin van der Dutch (paulhartman) – Ok

8.mikey twigge (mikeytwigge) - OK

9. The Survivor (spartans5) – Club to be changed to Torquay

10. The Cow (hasdgfas) – Club to be change to Torquay

Not yet entered

1. Whoopy D - All ok but not in DB.

2. Jimmy Riddle (jimmyriddle) - Needs to be entered in DB as per sign up sheet except as MR/AMR.

Midfielders

1. Andrew Jackson (Jack Rudd)

2. Robin van der Dutch (PaulHartman)

3. The Survivor (spartans5)

4. The Cow (hasdgfas)

5. Jimmy Riddle (jimmyriddle) Not in DB yet though.

6. Jonathan Tiny (LLR) Needs positioning to be changed MR

Strikers

1. Jack Browne (jack.browne)

2. Tom Hamilton (hamilton162)

3. Maz Armley (m123...)

4. mikey twigge (mikeytwigge)

5. Loïc Philippens (Whoopy D)

To test players anything in bold is a request and anything in Italics is something I know needs to be changed.

To other please do not sign up until all the others have sorted their sheets out. Thank You.

Name: Loïc Philippens

D.O.B: 12/7

Nationality: Belgian

2nd Nationality: (Optional)

Favoured Club: West Ham, Man Utd

Dislike Club: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool

Favoured Personnel: Carlos Tevez

Dislike Personnel: John Terry, Frank Lampard

Club: Salisbury

Position: ST

City of Birth: Brussels

Hope that's all OK, I'd go for PA -8 and -9. I'm not a huge fan of having the players be the best players on the face of the earth.

Name: Jonathan Desmond Tiny

D.O.B: 13/07

Nationality: New Zealand

2nd Nationality: Andorran

Favoured Club: Arsenal

Dislike Club: Manchester United

Favoured Personnel:

Dislike Personnel: Rooney

Club: Barrow

Position: MR

Just change to the Right wing :) Personally I say vote for -8 only, makes us all good, but not too good, and all within a range of 10 rather than 20 ;)

Personally I say vote for -8 only,

Hmmm it could work but I wanted a bit more variation but frankly the huge jump in PA from -8 to -10 is too high. I think I may go for -8,-9 though as it may create a more interesting game.

Thanks for the sheet though.

After Canvey! has posted then it will be open up to other people to sign up. I am going to offer a place to fdawsoniv as he has posted a few times while not already involved unless people violently object.

You can change me to a Striker, that's fine, but fwiw I think it was extremely unfair that I get skipped on the chance to change my attributes simply because I wasn't online - I do have other responsibilities and I hope it won't be like that in the real thing.

You can change me to a Striker, that's fine, but fwiw I think it was extremely unfair that I get skipped on the chance to change my attributes simply because I wasn't online - I do have other responsibilities and I hope it won't be like that in the real thing.

I think it was just because blowcrapup wanted to get on with the test run and see how it affected things.

I can't imagine him doing it in the real thing, would defeat the point of having a scoring system and would turn into a guessing game with us trying to be online when he posts the updates (could be a potential sign-up right there :D)

According to blowcrapup's instructions, since canvey! has posted I can put my info in now, yes?

Name: Rick Dawson

D.O.B: August 15

Nationality: American(D)

2nd Nationality: None

Favoured Club: None, really.

Dislike Club: Chelsea

Favoured Personnel: Kaka

Dislike Personnel: Zidane

Club: Since I never heard of the Blue Square until I randomly got the demo to FM09 a couple months ago . . . I would say if there's a team that no one chooses, put me there. Otherwise random.

Position: Right winger

City of Birth: Cedar Rapids, USA

I am just posting my fom in case we were allowed to sign-up straight after canvey!! posted. If not I am sorry and will hopefully be around when signing-up begins.

Name: Fernando Aleatorio

D.O.B: 10.12

Nationality: Brazilian

2nd Nationality: German

Favoured Club: Corinthians

Dislike Club: Bayern Munich

Favoured Personnel: Dentinho (Corinthians)

Dislike Personnel: Cristiano Ronaldo

Club: Weymouth

Position: St

City of Birth: Sao Paulo, Brazil

I think that was purely cause he was trying to test it at the time to see what would happen :)

Canvey! I only skipped you as I wanted to test what effect the changes woulfd have on the game. As long as you would have been in the time limit it would not have happened in the real game. However.........

Important Notice

My laptop packed up on me yeterday and I can't get it to work. I tried to phone PC world who told me to take it into a store which I can't do until tomorrow. So this is on hold until further notice. I will try to keep you updated but if it is going to cost more than £100 to repair then it is going to have to wait until the 20th of April at least. I'm really sorry for this as I was looking forward to doing it.

Name: Martien Oak

D.O.B: 15/12

Nationality: Dutch

2nd Nationality: (Optional)

Favoured Club: Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers

Dislike Club: Chelsea, Liverpool

Favoured Personnel: Steven Gerard, Robin van Persie

Dislike Personnel: Ricardo Carvalho, Didier Drogba

Club: Rushden & Diamonds

City of Birth: Amsterdam

Martien, in case you didn't read the posts above, this will be un-active for a while as the OP has a problem with his computer that may not be sorted out for a while yet :(

If you are just reserving a space, then you will have to wait a while until this starts up again :)

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!

My student loans came in two days early \o/ so I have a shiny new laptop. I need to reinstall the game and stuff but I should be looking at getting this ready to reopen by Monday depending on stuff. (mainly getting my microsoft office disk back from my friend who is away until either tomorrow or Monday. I also want to see how fast this new laptop can run it as I'm finally running a new FM on better than recommended specs.)

Hamilton - it was my GF's computer which was worse than my old laptop which could barely play it.

Edit: Please don't start signing up yet as I am going to have to reproduce a few things first.

Player List and Info.

Midfielders

1. Andrew Jackson (Jack Rudd)

2. Robin van der Dutch (PaulHartman)

3. The Survivor (spartans5) - Club to be changed to Torquay

4. The Cow (hasdgfas) - Club to be changed to Torquay.

5. Rick Dawson (fdawsoniv) - All looks ok.

6. Jonathan Tiny (LLR) Needs positioning to be changed MR (from sign up sheet)

7. Morten Lindtner (Mlo) - A ok

8. Tom Hamilton (hamilton162)

Strikers

1. Jack Browne (jack.browne)

2. Maz Armley (m123...)

3. mikey twigge (mikeytwigge)

4. Loïc Philippens (Whoopy D)

5. Peter Gorgenhorgen (canvey!!) – Nationality to be changed to Austrian/Dutch

6. Seamus Canary (Conners) - Looks ok, Club will be random.

7. Fernando Aleatorio (corinthiano) - All okay

8. Martien Oak (Martien1974) - All ok.

9. Bryan McGuinness (~Ian~) - Looking good.

Thats all the people who I had signed up before, plus the reserve and the few people who signed up before the halt. If there is nothing written beside your player then everything is fine and will be entered as per your sign up sheet. The scoring system will be kept the same as from the last one but only for the two positions. Remember though there are now three prizes - One for Mids, One for Striker and One for an Overall winner. (Although this is still open to change see below)

Idea for Prizes

To keep things interesting the Overall winner will not be based on points otherwise it would be unfair. It will be based on things like wages, value etc. but it will be randomly drawn to see if it is the highest or lowest amount that that actually wins. The winner of the Overall section has the chance to raise or lower CA/PA of themselves or another person. Please give your opinions on this.

Other possible Idea

This one is open to vote but I'm thinking to keep it interesting that the person with the lowest score gets the chance to raise or lower their CA/PA as well. Although rather than getting the amount doubled like for the Overall winner they only get what was drawn. e.g. Canvey! wins the overall prize as he has the highest wage he gets a + and a 5 in the card game after choosing to raise his CA which means it is increased be 10, whilst LLR who scored 1 point chose the same cards and CA but his only raises by 5. Of course if their is a tie at the bottom then no-one will get to try this game. I will place a table at the bottom of this post to keep track of votes. Please post your vote in here but don't update the table as you go. You may also PM me your vote if you do not want it to be known.

Vote Results

This vote is only for the 2nd idea. If the majority of people are against it then it will be scrapped. Voting will close at MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY THE 10TH PERSON VOTES. Votes made after this deadline will only be counted if there is a tie.

For - 0

Against - 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signing up is now open again.

There is a single Striker place open and 4 Midfield places open. Please use the sign up sheet on the first page to join. To make this fair to people have been involved longer YOU DO NOT HAVE A VOTE UNTIL THE 10TH PERSON HAS VOTED. Please don't post your vote along with your sign up sheet as I will most likely miss it. Thank You.

Other possible Idea

This one is open to vote but I'm thinking to keep it interesting that the person with the lowest score gets the chance to raise or lower their CA/PA as well...if you do not want it to be known.

I'm voting against. K.I.S.S.

Ah well I didn't think it would would happen I just thought of it and thought I'd open it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signing up is now open again.

There is a single Striker place open and 4 Midfield places open

Its looking like its going to be a no for the 2nd idea but what are people's opinions on the 3rd prize being judged on something other than points?

I have started to create the DB as well and I have managed to salvage all my documents about the sign up from my old laptop so I don't need to recreate them.

Just to remind anyone there are places availible in this.

I thought this looked interesting when it was first started but didn't get a place then. So if a place is free now I'll go for it.

Name: Bryan McGuinness

D.O.B: 14th December

Nationality: American

2nd Nationality: English

Favoured Club: Reading, Djurgarden

Dislike Club: Liverpool

Favoured Personnel: Gary Neville, Peter Crouch

Dislike Personnel: Jamie Carragher

Club: Eastbourne

City of Birth: Chicago

Welcome Ian.

There are no Striker places left now so if you would like to join please pick a midfield position. (4 left)

Name: Morten Lindtner

D.O.B: 17/02

Nationality: Danish

2nd Nationality: Scotish

Favoured Club: Liverpool

Dislike Club: Everton

Favoured Personnel: Rafel Benitez

Dislike Personnel:

Club: Mansfield

Position: CM/DM

City of Birth: Copenhagen

I will also vote NO on Idea 2. (I think that makes it 6-0 ;))

As for something other than points deciding the overall winner, I think thats a great idea. I think it would be even better if the overall winner is something different each season. So season 1 it is Avg Rat, Season 2 is Value, Season 3 is Assists, Season 4 is Goals, Season 5 is Red Cards. etc

Archived