Game with all leagues?

Is it possible to play a game with every league loaded and not have to wait a long time for stuff to load?

I don't mean when you first start the game, I know that'll take a long time, but when you click continue will it take five minutes to load or will it be quite quick?

My computers fairly new but not fantastic. With 8 leagues loaded it takes about 15 seconds to load when you click continue.

It's definitely possible, I used to do it all the time on my laptop (2GB RAM, 2.13ghz single core processor), it takes a while to go through a season though. Took me about 2 weeks per season.

If you've got a dual or multi core processor and more RAM, it'll definitely help things. Also, have the Detail options all turned down to minimum.

not really, with every league running i think pretty much any machine with be fairly slow, a work around is make the leagues unplayable or just load players from alot of countries

yea thats your best bet, my belief is that not even NASA computers could run all of them!

It would be effin' cool tho I must say.

one day, one day

yea thats your best bet, my belief is that not even NASA computers could run all of them!

It would be effin' cool tho I must say.

one day, one day

lol they most certainly could. any super computer can run FM maxed out. give it a go try and sneak in to a server room at work and install FM on the mother pc. and enjoy ;)

• Administrators

You'll also have to realise, no matter how fast it goes when you begin the game, after a few seasons it'll slow down due to all the data it'll be storing. I would only suggest having numerous leagues on if you have a very powerful system, otherwise the processing times could become excessive.

I did an experiment once in FM06 where I loaded every single league in the game with a huge database. It took forever just to set the game up.

I then let it run on holiday overnight while I slept. In the morning when I got up, it hadn't even finished processing through one season. It was still only in April 2006 and the season had started in July 2005.

I let it keep running and went to work. When I got back home, it had only processed through one more season. So in 16-18 hours it had only processed through two entire seasons and part of a third.

I ended up deleting that game and have never even tried to load all leagues at once ever since.

I didn't realize it was possible to load more than three leagues, actually...how does one go about doing that?

When the wizard pops up, hit cancel, and then click the leagues that you want to load from the list of countries on the left side of the screen.

I played a save with every league as playable for FM08, but have not done it with FM09 as yet. My system is as follows...

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/27/2009, 19:40:23

Machine name: HEATHCHESTER-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: M5610/M3610

BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 2258MB used, 4125MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9600 GSO

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0610&SUBSYS_09051ACC&REV_A2

Display Memory: 1651 MB

Dedicated Memory: 371 MB

Shared Memory: 1279 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version: 7.15.0011.8120 (English)

My system is your basic off the shelf ACER. All I've done is put some more RAM in it and a decent enough graphics card.

Although it took a while to setup the game originally and play each season, I didn't think it was unreasonably slow. Then, that depends entirely on each person's opinion of what's slow and what's fast ;)

What kind of a system would you need to run the top two leagues in England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland? I'd like to do that; I'm running all of Switzerland, all of England, and all of Spain right now, so eliminating L1, L2, and the Blue Squares might be worthwhile if I can get other leagues in.

I have 78 leagues in 39 countries running, and am in 2018. All players (and leagues) of England, France, Germany, Italy, Scotland, and Spain, plus the top league or two of many other European countries, China, S. Korea, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, US, Austrailia, and S. Africa.

I have a P4/HyperThreading CPU running at 3.4mhz and 2MB RAM. And 2x160MB HD on a RAID0 setup. nVidia 8600 256.

Most Continues take between 15 and 60 seconds, with some going as high as 5 minutes, and two a year (1 Jan and 1 July) taking upwards of half an hour. And I'm fine with that...

Archived