FM2009 FAQ - Updated for 9.3.0

Ok when i go to online activation i enter my code, to activate it on my pc (it's already activated on Laptop) and when it goes through its stages of activating jst before it finishes a message will come up sayin 'FM 09 has stopped working, we will try and find a soluton' something like that and it never does and im near certain it's a problem with windows more than fm so if u can find my a solution, that would be fantastic, thank you

is there an option to view the error details if post them up with you OS

A proposal for a new question

I have a player who is unambitious. How can I change him?

If he is a young player, getting him tutored by a player with a better personality, and that should improve his reputation e.g. getting a first-teamer with a determined personality to tutor a kid usually gets the personality to change, normally to at least fairly determined.

A proposal for a new question

I have a player who is unambitious. How can I change him?

If he is a young player, getting him tutored by a player with a better personality, and that should improve his reputation e.g. getting a first-teamer with a determined personality to tutor a kid usually gets the personality to change, normally to at least fairly determined.

Thing about that is that it doesn't always work. Sometimes an unambitious player won't change, as they don't have, well, the ambition for it. I've lost a couple of fab players because of this. Very complicated what gets something to work, but I've never had an unambitious player accept tutorage or my advice on learning/forgetting a PPM.

Thing about that is that it doesn't always work. Sometimes an unambitious player won't change, as they don't have, well, the ambition for it. I've lost a couple of fab players because of this. Very complicated what gets something to work, but I've never had an unambitious player accept tutorage or my advice on learning/forgetting a PPM.

Hmm, I have had it work on regens 4 times out of 4, even changed a kid from balanced to fairly loyal even when he said he gained little from the tutorage. Maybe I am just lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason my new game(s) on the new 9.3 patch seem to mess with my computer, its really weird.

When the date turns to 24th of April 2009, the game and my computer just automatically shuts-down.... is this a known problem or am I the only one.

(I have tried started games with the 9.2 option at the start but the do fail at the same moment as the 9,3)

cheers

Paul

For some reason my new game(s) on the new 9.3 patch seem to mess with my computer, its really weird.

When the date turns to 24th of April 2009, the game and my computer just automatically shuts-down.... is this a known problem or am I the only one.

(I have tried started games with the 9.2 option at the start but the do fail at the same moment as the 9,3)

cheers

Paul

Certain dates in FM shouldn't impact your computer shutting down, but maybe the database or history gets too big for your computer to handle. Is your save game compressed?

I made a thread about it but no one bothered to answer so I am asking here, SoftAnchor is refusing to accept my keycode despite it being valid. I just turned my computer on and found I had to re-install everything.

Are you sure it's the right code? It's easy to read an 1 (number) as a I (letter) or a 0 (number) as a O (letter).

Hi I am trying to get a update for my game, so I went on to Patch and saved the update is there anying else I should do or do I just play the game and it would have updated?

What sort of update, a new database or the patch?

If you're trying to install the patch, go to 'Preferences' and in the sub title it should say what version you are on.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a new patch out with the new promotions on??

I heard a rumor but cant find any news on there being any new patches out. It's got stuff like Burnley & Wolves in the Premiership and Peterborough & Leicester in the Championship.

Wondering if anyone else has heard this, or how to get it if it is more than a rumor. :)

I heard a rumor but cant find any news on there being any new patches out. It's got stuff like Burnley & Wolves in the Premiership and Peterborough & Leicester in the Championship.

Wondering if anyone else has heard this, or how to get it if it is more than a rumor. :)

No more patches out for this game but database edits are available but i don't know if someone has made a release yet, but i'm sure there will be 1 out

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=126853

Data update from FM WeeGiE.

I wonder why the teams always look for an inital fee for loans ? For example insua is listed for loan but liverpool wants 3.1 M € for inital fee. This is same all players even they are listed

I updated to 9.3.0 On my Mac and now can't offer any players to clubs... As that option has disappeared?

So just installed new patch, getting excited to play... Go to sell my first player off...

Offer to clubs, set the price

Then... the box normally comes up saying "Confirm to offer player to clubs"

And you normally get the option to say Yes or No

But since i've updated, I just get a blank box appear, so i can't offer any players to club???

Surely this is not normal? Is there anyway around it?

I'm running FM09 on Mac 10.5.7?

• 3 weeks later...

Have downloaded the new 9.3.0 patch and have allready activated my game for mac version but now when i go to play again it is asking for a activation key. I type in my key which is valid and it says incorrect code length or wrong code. I have activated this code on my windows version and it has worked but for mac its a problem.

Dowloaded the patch for 9.3.0 via link on this site.

Any solutions please help. Have tried reistalling game and have tried dowloading patch again. None have worked so far.

Is there, anywhere, a list of all the countries' tiers, league systems and player restrictions in team and matches, cups and the lot without having to load all of them in a new game?

Nevermind, I found it...

Archived