Football Manager Wiki

Is there any way that you could make the competitons page only viewable to members of the wiki almost encouraging them to sign up or a page only viewable by edits or something like that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, there isnt any huge rush so don'tworry too much about it :D

Will be good to have you back working :thup:

Thanks

Double post Jammy.

You're telling me you've been feeding me lies all this time? I feel let down man :(

I've started it Alan! Just forgotten about it and haven't touched it for a few weeks! I'll get going on it again tonight. It isn't huge though, couldn't think of a hell of a lot of stuff to write. I might try and get permission from Radestock and michaeltmurrayuk to use some of their stuff from the Stickies in the Skinning Hideout

New Idea

For the Stadia pages, would it be a good idea for me to add how this ground (capacity etc.) is for the league that you are in and for the clubs size and to recommend if they should try and get it expanded and how much would be required in cash to expand it?

What do you think?

Great idea, i'll add to the Adams Park page and the Gigg Lane page.

Football Manager 2010

With the FM10 announcement being made in the next few weeks, I'll be setting aside a few things to get us ready for release hype. I've asked JJay to install a few new features so hopefully we'll have them online in the next few days.

What we'll be doing is tracking FM10 features as SI feed them to us. Last year they were scattered everywhere so I thought it'd be a nice idea to keep a definitive list on the site.

Another thing I'll be doing is uploading the FM10 podcasts to the wiki so you can listen to them without the need to download it from iTunes. This is one of the new features we'll hopefully have in the next few days. No download at all is needed. Have to get permission from SI bods first though.

Video channel that shows vids SI upload to youtube is another thing I might be doing, but not sure if there's much point doing that.

Let me know what you think and any other ideas because these are only rough ideas atm.

Also, competitions. As an SI affiliate we have been given some SI merchandise to offer to users. We'll probably have a competitions link added to the sidebar shortly and I'll write something up on the competition then. There's another thing I have to say about the competitions but it'll be another week before I can tell you because I haven't sorted out the deal just yet :\

Brilliant stuff as usual Alan. What kind of stuff have we been sent?

Ok, cool. I've just PM'd michaeltmurrayuk and Radestock about using the info from their threads in the skinning hideout which i feel would benifit us significantly.

I should get a reply soon and i'll re-start on the graphics page in an hour or two

Depends on the prize. Also, needs to be as hard to google as possible.

Personally I think it should be something you can find on footballmanagerwiki - try and encourage people to use us as a source of information.

Obviously it isn't ideal, but it would be so easy to look anything up we may as well do something that benefits the site.

I'm doing Feyenoord from the Dutch competition

Thanks, good work with it :)

When did you become a member? Don't remember seeing you around, but you must have been here for a bit or we would have had to confirm your membership. :)

Yeah, I am. However as far as I know we can't find out passwords.

EDIT: Don't think we can, unless its in User Credentials. What's your username on the site? It says it isnt Hamilton162?

I'll check for you now, and I'll make the disclaimer template for you too. :)

Lot of quoting going on here :D

All of the renaming of Stadium pages is now done:)

Good job, I started it but then, came off. Thanks for finishing it :thup:

Yeah, that would be excellent. The part about how good the ground is especially. The Expansion part would be good, but difficult to find out surely?

I will add it to all of them. It would be hard, but estimates are asking around should help me.

I have no idea

I was thinking question and answer but most likely yes there will be a variation... any ideas on what we should do with competitions?

Varying it would be best.

For some, make the answer available on the Wiki, but for others, make them have to be common knowledge, but hard common knowledge and something you can't google, as Peter said.

People entering more than once might be a problem... but we could always overcome that by only allowing members to enter. Or maybe ask them for their SI username in the email they send?

We have the competition email set up already as far as I'm aware. Will check later to be sure.

We could just PM the winner on the forums, and make them give details on that which would show if the winner entered or not. You must be a member of the wiki to enter I think would be a good rule and could get some new members.

At the moment all we have is a few packs of top trumps but we've only been partners with SI a few months now so we should be getting more valuble prizes to give away soon.

An early few copies of FM10 :D

Of course, early copies of FM10 might just be a bit too much to ask for ;):D

We will be getting things like Top Trumps (already got some of these), mugs, t-shirts and possibly a couple of copies of FM (although I'm not sure on this).

Through looking in the Affiliates forum I can see that people have had cans of FM body spray (I seriously dread to think...) and I'm sure there are a couple more things that are avalible.

Rob - I'm liking the suggestion of PMing them, I think that's probably the best way to do this. :thup:

As the amount of changes being done to the player profiles seems limited now, I think we may as well delete them all. The content on them will need rewriting anyway, deleting them just gives people a wider choice of who they want to write about without feeling pressured to do a page that needs editing already.

I haven't spoken to Alan about this yet, just my opinion about the situation. If no-one has any objections then I reckon we should start deleting them tomorrow night.

Thanks, good work with it

When did you become a member? Don't remember seeing you around, but you must have been here for a bit or we would have had to confirm your membership.

mmm what do you mean ? :) i just created an account a while ago because i knew that i would make a page when i got the time. So today i made Feyenoord. Maybe i will make more in the next days from the Dutch Competition or big clubs in europe that aren't been added yet.

I'm just glad that i could help you guys out. Peace.

Hello there :) Lots of things I've missed out on today I see!

Ok, cool. I've just PM'd michaeltmurrayuk and Radestock about using the info from their threads in the skinning hideout which i feel would benifit us significantly.

I should get a reply soon and i'll re-start on the graphics page in an hour or two

From what I've heard radestock isn't too keen on having his stuff shown on other sites.

There's already a config file page on top of of the create a config page, should we leave it as it is for now?

mmm what do you mean ? :) i just created an account a while ago because i knew that i would make a page when i got the time. So today i made Feyenoord. Maybe i will make more in the next days from the Dutch Competition or big clubs in europe that aren't been added yet.

I'm just glad that i could help you guys out. Peace.

Welcome Highor. Never mind Jammy, he doesn't know what he's talking about :D

As the amount of changes being done to the player profiles seems limited now, I think we may as well delete them all. The content on them will need rewriting anyway, deleting them just gives people a wider choice of who they want to write about without feeling pressured to do a page that needs editing already.

I haven't spoken to Alan about this yet, just my opinion about the situation. If no-one has any objections then I reckon we should start deleting them tomorrow night.

We need to look carefully through the profiles before deleting them because some guys have added FM info over the last few days and not categorised the pages properly.

My opinion on the competitions - I think in our first giveaway we should just give a simple question to be answered. Then as we go along we make them slightly harder. Goal of the month sounds good though.

BTW is there any page where we can see who is doing a page? or who did a page? Thnx.

Click the history tab :thup:

BTW is there any page where we can see who is doing a page? or who did a page? Thnx.

Just seen the Feyenoord page you did - are Excelsior a feeder to Feyenoord now?

With the Eredivise page, the majority of that is copied from Wikipedia isn't it? If so, we're trying to cut down onthe amount of Wikipedia content on the site so it would be fantastic if you could reword it a bit to make it original.

Good to have you on board :)

Excelsior is indeed a feeder club.

Yes its a copy from the Wikipedia. My english isen't that good to write stuff like that on my own to be honest. Well the Team pages doesnt have much info anyways. But i could try.

:thup:

We are definitely going to be deleting the player profile pages tomorrow night!

If there are any pages that people want to keep, I've made a sub category called 'Player Profile Keep'. Just change the category on any pages you want us to keep to [[Category:Player Profile Keep]] and we won't delete them. Feel free to add as many as you'd like in there, although you will be expected to change them after the deletion.

It's best to do it at this time because if we wait much longer we're going to be busy with FM10 stuff, so won't have much time for the player profile section.

Cheers:thup:

Yeah, Radestock said no to me last time. Good work today lads, going to be an interesting month for us.

He said no again, but said that we could put links in to his guides if we want and we give him credit.

There's already a config file page on top of of the create a config page, should we leave it as it is for now?

Too late, did it last night. It's brilliant and i think if we're going to keep just the one, keep the one made my michaeltmurrayuk :thup:

Could we perhaps do a 'Goal of the Month' competition for the Wiki competition? Impossible to cheat and good fun - run it alongside a few questions that you can find the answers to on the site?

Sounds great. I'll have plenty to submit for that :D

Too late, did it last night. It's brilliant and i think if we're going to keep just the one, keep the one made my michaeltmurrayuk :thup:

Yeah I know a new one went up. What I meant to say is that we have two pages: the brief explanation of a confit file and the michael's guide on making them. Should we merge the two pages together? Personally I think we should because they are both very similar :)

I've merged the two pages and removed some lines that weren't needed. I've also added some code lines to make the code stand out but for shorter lines of code it looks a bit crap. Might change that a bit.

Oh, and for you guys who couldn't figure out how to draw out recommended formations without the code messing up, I've figured out how to do it. Just put <code><pre> before the formation and </pre></code> after it.

:thup:

We are definitely going to be deleting the player profile pages tomorrow night!

If there are any pages that people want to keep, I've made a sub category called 'Player Profile Keep'. Just change the category on any pages you want us to keep to [[Category:Player Profile Keep]] and we won't delete them. Feel free to add as many as you'd like in there, although you will be expected to change them after the deletion.

It's best to do it at this time because if we wait much longer we're going to be busy with FM10 stuff, so won't have much time for the player profile section.

Cheers:thup:

Wanted to bring this back up - I see Stig added some yesterday so if anyone else wants to add any go for it:thup:

Just an idea, but how about adding all the clubs which begin the game without a manager?

Many times, I've been stuck in work thinking about a team to start a new game with, preferring to go to a team without a manager.

Just so everyone knows it may take me until the end of next week to sort out the profiles that I want keeping. Also can the other Crewe players that have been deleted over the last few days be restored when i've done the others?

Just an idea, but how about adding all the clubs which begin the game without a manager?

Many times, I've been stuck in work thinking about a team to start a new game with, preferring to go to a team without a manager.

I'll try to get a page up soon. I don't have the 9.1 or 9.2 databases on my computer so I won't be able to do those.

Could anyone with the 9.1 and 9.2 databases installed have a look for me?

Just so everyone knows it may take me until the end of next week to sort out the profiles that I want keeping. Also can the other Crewe players that have been deleted over the last few days be restored when i've done the others?

If you tell me what profiles you plan on doing I'll make sure they won't be deleted. I'll restore all the Crewe players' pages shortly.

Could we perhaps do a 'Goal of the Month' competition for the Wiki competition? Impossible to cheat and good fun - run it alongside a few questions that you can find the answers to on the site?

Sounds like a good idea.

Time to set all of my players long shots to 'Often' :D

I'll try to get a page up soon. I don't have the 9.1 or 9.2 databases on my computer so I won't be able to do those.

Could anyone with the 9.1 and 9.2 databases installed have a look for me?

I still have the 9.1 database I think.

I'm guessing I just load all the leagues and type up all the unemployed teams?

Archived