Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone make a redirect to the Major League Soccer page when you type in "MLS"? (if possible, I'm too lazy to type the whole name every time. On wiki, i just type "mls")

Oh, and rob, I'm already starting to think about making some individual wiki player pages, from the uncreated red link pages of de Guzman and DeRosario on the Canadian page. :)

Yeah same, I have got a whole list of players to make profiles for.

I guess that you are going to do all of Toronto's team and Canada's team :D

Great news, now get to work! :thup::D

I'll start working on some redirects. Jod, do you plan on putting some more content into the FM07 page? It looks kind of bare as it is...

FM07?

There is nothing on it all. Somebody created a link to it and I just categorised it.

I apologise over the Dynamo (Kiev), (Kyiv), (Kyev) thing. I did not understand but now I understand over the redirects.

Could I have a redirect done for the Preston page, so that when you type in 'pne'.

I will do it myself if you tell me how to. Thanks

FM07?

There is nothing on it all. Somebody created a link to it and I just categorised it.

Yeah, that's what I meant by bare :D So are you doing it or not?

I apologise over the Dynamo (Kiev), (Kyiv), (Kyev) thing. I did not understand but now I understand over the redirects.

Could I have a redirect done for the Preston page, so that when you type in 'pne'.

It's fine :D

Working on the PNE redirect now.

I'll tell you if you want so you know in the future anyway.

Just create a page with the title of the redirect, so in this case it is PNE.

Then on the page just put the following #REDIRECT [[pagename]]

pagename is obviously the name of the article you want to redirect to so in this case it is the Preston page.

Yeah, that's what I meant by bare :D So are you doing it or not?

It's fine :D

Working on the PNE redirect now.

I don't mind doing it. :D

I was wondering why you asking me though as I never had anything to do with that article. All I did was categorise it. :D

I added the player profile page on the banner.

Move it to look better if you want, as I was unsure of where to position it.

I see you created a category. You don't need to enter a link to the article on it. If you just insert [[Category:Player Profiles]] at the end of each Player Profile article it will automatically be added to the page. :thup:

Rob, do you plan on putting an introduction in your CM01/02 page? I must say it looks a bit bare without it. If not, I could do it if you like :thup:

Yes, I do plan on putting in an introduction, as well as a player type thing.

If you are offering then, you can do the introduction while I work on a player list etc.

Rob, do you plan on putting an introduction in your CM01/02 page? I must say it looks a bit bare without it. If not, I could do it if you like :thup:

I see that you have done it. It looks good. I may add some more information to it as we go along.

How come I can't add in the contents or the opening at all?

Is it because i am not an admin?

Do you think that we will ever have more people with sysops(admin) priviledges?

Plus, weren't there 4 people with admin priviledges before JJay helped us?

Lot of questions I know :D

I see that you have done it. It looks good. I may add some more information to it as we go along.

How come I can't add in the contents or the opening at all?

Is it because i am not an admin?

Do you think that we will ever have more people with sysops(admin) priviledges?

Plus, weren't there 4 people with admin priviledges before JJay helped us?

Lot of questions I know :D

You get a contents bit if you have more than 3 proper headings in a page. Your problem is that you're just putting text in bold instead of a heading. That's why contents never come up for you.

You get a contents bit if you have more than 3 proper headings in a page. Your problem is that you're just putting text in bold instead of a heading. That's why contents never come up for you.

Ok, thanks.

I do it manually that is why instead of clicking on the buttons.

This new layout is getting on my nerves, I can't figure out how to edit stuff into it. For instance, on the player profile page, I press edit at the top of the page, post a link and it puts it in the description. Someone please help.

Just type [[Category:Player Profiles]] at the end of every page you want put into that category.

I'm on the verge of giving up, the new layout is absolutely terrible. Can't get anything in TBH. Plus it's harder to navigate.

Well it would help if you told us what your problem is :D

If you tell me what your problem is I'll be happy to help. It isn't that difficult.

The last couple of hours has made it a very productive day for the site and I would just like to say well done to everyone who has helped this evening.

Especially, to ahmufcwafc who has been extrememly helpful in working out the new layout.

The last couple of hours has made it a very productive day for the site and I would just like to say well done to everyone who has helped this evening.

Especially, to ahmufcwafc who has been extrememly helpful in working out the new layout.

I agree, ahmufcwafc is the best :cool:

Anyway, here's how you add a screenshot:

1. Click 'upload file' on the left hand corner of the page.
  2. Upload it from wherever you have it saved.
  3. Go into the page that you want to put the image into, & at the top write [[image:<image link here> | *whatever side you want the image to be one (eg. left/right/centre )* | caption]]

What has happened to the site?

All its structure and layout has gone???

I was in the middle of an article and I just saved it and it messed up.

Anyone know what has happened?

JJay's post explains it all. Back to the old location now I guess :cool:

I am making my first contribution to the site, and article on general training (eg. categories, star ratings etc.) I don't think anybody has done / started this but can somebody just confirm before I begin?
Hasn't been done yet as far as know :thup:

Archived