Dave's Guide to League Swap/Super Leagues

Dave Fairbairn

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romania works fine, I have used it for Scotland and had no problems.

As for the Slovak cup problem, unfortunately this is hard coded and cannot be changed. Italy and Denmark have the same problem. In season 2 the Italian Cup sorts itself out, but with Denmark the teams do not change. Hopefully Slovakia does not have the same problem as Denmark.

No, Slovakia does not have the same problem with Denmark. Things will be fine in the 2nd season except that the cup winner of the 1st season will still be in the cup as defending champion, of course that club can win ten seasons in a row if the clubs in your current league are far weaker than those of the real Slovak league.

Guest Ben4382

Does anyone know whether you can use the updated db when swapping leagues (eg 7.0.2)? I've heard a rumour that its best to stick to the original db as using the update causes it to crash...

Ok. I have some queries. I am currently trying to make a new Australian comp using the Malaysian leagues. None of the real A-league teams are being used in this comp, they are still in the A-league. However I am running two extra teams in the A-League (for some reason this patch allows it).

I have filled up each league with the required amount of teams, changed nationalities and modified the names.

However, when I loaded up the game it won't display any fixtures and crashes when I try to play the games.

I have already set last position and what not, and am running this on FM07 7.0.1.

So I have a few questions:

1. I have not changed the TlA's yet, because I've filled up the league with mostly created clubs that didn't have a league and thus no TLA to swap with.

2. The A-League still works fine, so in effect I have two different Australian league competitions, the A-League and my Malaysian set-up. Do I need to get rid of the A-league or atleast swap its TLA for the top Malaysian division?

I'm considering starting again, but am not keen if it can be avoided. Can you help?

Just had a very ambitious idea and got a few questions that you can probably help me with Dave.

First off, when you swap teams for a super league and do all the alterations. The teams that get relegated from the lowest league in a country will be eventually come back in that same country, right?

Also, has anyone ever thought of doing a complete rework of the world leagues, putting teams, ranked by reputation into the best leagues, by reputation, sort of redo the whole soccer world.

Would this idea, although it is a lot of work, work?

Thanks for any help you can give me, just thinking about a different thing or two.

peace

Actually, I mean to switch every team to a new league based on the ranking of the leagues and then the ranking of the teams, reputation based.

I know that superleagues have been made but this would be making a world-wide super league

Just a thought, lol

I have swapped Australia and Malaysia. No problems with the competition. However, the wages offerd to players are very low and the clubs keep filling up with foreign players despite there being a rule about only 3 foreign players being allowed on the match day squad.

If I was to swap Austgralia with Israel, would it be possible to have the Australian clubs appear in the Asian Champions League? How would the game pick who gets selected for the ACL?

Is there any way to simply swap my super league teams into England or Italy (for example) *and* disable the Champions League?

Sorry if it was mentioned before, I did a quick skim through the thread but not much more than that

I'm having the same problems with Israel as I did with Malaysia. Some clubs don't enter the U/19 league even though they have U/19 squads. It's always the same 6 clubs that don't enter, but I can see no difference between them and the ones that do... any ideas??

Guest ivanlanda

hi!

if i want to make a Mexican (o North American) league using the italian League, how many italian teams i must swap, in order to avoid some problem??

And is possible make that the mexican teams play in the champions league??? if so, how??

I have attempted to sway scotland and holland, and had my first crash dump.( i think thats down to not setting league positions ) couple of questions though.. 1) the non league teams left in scotland, do i need to change them over to holland? and if i didnt would it crash? 2) will i still have reserve compitition under 18s etc? 3)will i have to load both leagues up in order for the swap to work? oh yeah, i'm doing this on fm07.

cheers.

Sorry,me again! I've swapped the dutch and scottish league over. my problem is the fixture thing. you go to the league table and look at fixtures, it is there! you go to your clubs fixtures and there's nothing there! when i go to the first match,my squad then disappears and i cant go forward unless i go on holiday! my questions are (if anone can help). 1)what have i missed? 2)if i cant swap scotland with holland, who can i swap scotland with?(i want the top teams in scotland to play eachother twice and only have one domestic cup)

please help, someone!!

dragosani - have you changed the three letter thing for Scotland to that of Holland? You need to do that and the fixtures will show. Also, the non-league clubs should be swapped or you may end up with Dutch clubs in your Scottish cups.

My Australian problem with U/19 squads was a hard coding thing. All I had to do to fix it was create new clubs to replace the A-League clubs (i.e create a new Central Coast and move all players/staff from the original club). Now my league is working... I will post it when I test a few more things.

How true! but when you play the same team 4 times a season it can get a bit tedious! now that i've swapped scotland with holland, i can play 17 teams twice a season and no league cup! plus i put an old team that went "bust" back in (vale of leven). its all good in the hood! icon_razz.gif

Dave,

Many thanks for your guide! this has made it so much more enjoyable! I wish i had discovered it when you first done it. When i asked the question before, i was always told "nope" hard coded! so to discover this is brilliant!

Dave,

I haven't really tried this before - perhaps you can help.

If I wanted to set up a UK league using the English League based on the top 98 clubs from England and Scotland, is it as simple as just swapping out the teams?

For example putting Rangers into the Premiership, Bolton in the Championship, Colchester League One, Oldham in League two and populating the place left in the SPL with Cheltenham? Or do you need to go through the process as you described at the head of this thread?

I understand that this would mean the SPL would be full of League Two English clubs(interesting if ridiculous to see Yeovil qualifying for the CL!)

I'm afraid I'm a complete novice with this!

Thanks in advance

This is a brilliant guide Dave that I have used a few times now with good results, so kudos on that.

However, I've been trying to do one at the moment swapping Holland for Great Britain, but I'm getting a crash dump error a few days into the game and I can't pinpoint what's wrong.

I have two theories on what the conflicts might be:

- Not enough teams in A Lower Division (Although I currently have 80 down there)

- Too many European nations (although if I remove one surely that would make it crash too?)

Am I just being monumentally stupid by trying to use a "dead" nation?

Any help at all would be wonderful.

You can add up to 2 new countries to Europe without any problems. I'm gonna assume there are not enough teams in "A Lower Division".

Competition colours are automatic if the competition has colours set. Even if you do set them in the editor they will be different upon game startup.

To use the English league for a super league or a swap, all steps need to be taken unless the League Cup will crash.

Hi,

Im trying to expand the scottish leagues in FM 08, but it seems that even though i swap the TLAs of the the nations, when i am selecting which leagues to play at the start of a new game, the scottish leagues always revert to the scottish set-up. If this is selected the game crashes. Any ideas why this happens?

Originally posted by Dave Fairbairn:

You can add up to 2 new countries to Europe without any problems. I'm gonna assume there are not enough teams in "A Lower Division".

I now have even more teams in A Lower Division, but still no luck.

I started up a game on the latest patched database in Holland to see how many are drawn into the first round of the cup, which as it turned out was only 48. The date it is crashing on is the second leg of the Champions League 1st Qualifiers, which is also the date of the cup draw. This makes me think I could have a European issue, but I'm not sure what it could be. Perhaps there's somebody who could shed some light on this?

Originally posted by Robot (SMFC):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Fairbairn:

I now have even more teams in A Lower Division, but still no luck.

I started up a game on the latest patched database in Holland to see how many are drawn into the first round of the cup, which as it turned out was only 48. The date it is crashing on is the second leg of the Champions League 1st Qualifiers, which is also the date of the cup draw. This makes me think I could have a European issue, but I'm not sure what it could be. Perhaps there's somebody who could shed some light on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i had similar problems was it around july 27th? when it crashed? what i did is i removed the euro competition information for ajax,psv etc etc?

Hello! me again,

i switched scotland with holland and everything seemed to be fine, however my cup competition seems to have dutch teams in my scottish cup and vice versa for the dutch cup. when i tried to switch teams from holland & scotland's lower divisions, i'm still getting the same result. now i've been switching teams from the lower divisions so much, when i go to start a new game,the scottish and dutch set up are missing from countries to load up.

If someone could tell me how many lower division clubs scotland & holland need please? plus do i have to input the lower division clubs into the scottish non league setup as i'm now confused by the bugger!

cheers!

Archived