Dave's Guide to League Swap/Super Leagues

Dave Fairbairn

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

In France, I've placed 72 African teams into the CFA. However, the game automatically kicks 40 of them out and replaces them with the reserve teams of the top two leagues. Is there any way around this?

In the editor there is a competition called "French Professional Reserves", but it doesn't seem to exist in the game.

Changing the Competition level to any other number (4, 5, 6, even 20) doesn't change the league setup, by the way.

In addition to the above question:

In Poland, in the lowest league (it's unplayable), there are tons of clubs, some of them with no nation. I know this is probably done to prevent them from being promoted, but are nationless clubs necessary in Poland? I'm going to assume no, but you never know!

Dave,

Im creating a ladder format for the US teams switching them with the English league. Will I need to use 23rd in say third division, for a team now in the fourth division, or can their last division be the same, so I could put 1st in fourth division, but on game start-up them still be there?

Ryan

I wouldn't reccomend a US league swap as you cannot buy any foreign players when doing this.

What I would suggest is that you change all US teams to Canada nationality and then do an England/Canada league swap.

As for last positions, you can set them to whatever you want as long as all positions for last season are covered. For instance, a team in the Conference could be set to have been 1st in the Premiership just so long as it has been set.

Originally posted by Her9:

oh ok i understand, thanks ruttiger.

does someone know a league that can be swapped without the game crashing?

anyone succeeded in doing this?

Scotland works a treat. i've got the montenegrin league running in place of it and i've got to match 25 without any probs so far...

Hi can anybody help please?? I've used Dave's guide below to swap the Scottish League with the Belgian League, all works fine apart from I have no fixture list generated or previous results either, only friendlies & european games....Am i doing something wrong?...any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

I had a look in here to see if I could find something I've done wrong, but can't see it jumping out at me.

I created 16 new teams based in local towns. Because I couldn't create a league for them, I decided to place them in the conference national.

I swapped 16 teams out of the conference national and replaced tehm with my new teams, all with their newly created stadia.

When I try to start a new game, it crashes and I get an error into the crash dump.

Anyone have any ideas why, or more importantly, what I can do to fix it?

I've set the removed teams to "a lower division" and the new teams I've added have their last division as conference national with relevent positions listed. None of the removed teams were those promoted or relegated to the conference national at the end of the 2005-2006 season (I'm running FM2007)

Any help would be forever welcome!

Originally posted by glimril:

I've set the removed teams to "a lower division" and the new teams I've added have their last division as conference national with relevent positions listed. None of the removed teams were those promoted or relegated to the conference national at the end of the 2005-2006 season (I'm running FM2007)

Have you removed the "Last Division" and "Last Position" for the clubs you removed from the old Conference? If you haven't, it might cause problems..

the teams that get relegated into the conference still join the fa cup in the first round, instead of the 6th preliminary round that all the conference sides join it. i think you'll need to set 2 teams as last division being league two.

hi guys. i havent done a superleague before and just wanted to know a couple of things:

Firstly, lets say i'm currently playing a game on the default database, but then i download a super league database thing, would that mean my current game would be unplayable?ie, is there any way to switch between database in the game?

Secondly, if i had this superleague database on my system, and wanted to start an online game, would everyone else need the same database, or just myself?

thanks for any help you can give.

Originally posted by Giggs1311:

Dear Dave,

Yet another question from me on 'last division' and 'last posistion' options. If the team is brand new, and has not competed before, eg. Carolina, what should I put for their last divisions?

Ryan

Ryan - in my experience it is always good for every team to have a *unique* last place and last division. Many competitions use this data to seed the comp, and some will fail (i.e. game will crash) if that data is missing.

Originally posted by glimril:

I created 16 new teams based in local towns. Because I couldn't create a league for them, I decided to place them in the conference national.

I swapped 16 teams out of the conference national and replaced tehm with my new teams, all with their newly created stadia.

When I try to start a new game, it crashes and I get an error into the crash dump.

Anyone have any ideas why, or more importantly, what I can do to fix it?

Any help would be forever welcome!

1. Make sure your new teams have the last division/place set up correctly.

2.Don't place the removed teams in "a lower division" - the number of teams in "a lower division" is specific for each country (I believe) hardcoded into the game, so any variance will cause a crash. Just remove any competition, last division, and last posotion from the removed teams. They should be "in limbo" so to speak.

That should work - let me know if this helps!

Originally posted by ajisgod1:

Firstly, lets say i'm currently playing a game on the default database, but then i download a super league database thing, would that mean my current game would be unplayable?ie, is there any way to switch between database in the game?

When you start a game it uses whatever database you choose to load all the game detail and thats it. There is no more referencing that database, so you will be able to continue playing your game - just keep in mind it has the settings of the database you started the game with. These settings cannot be changed on-the-fly.
Secondly, if i had this superleague database on my system, and wanted to start an online game, would everyone else need the same database, or just myself?
If you wanted to compete online with your superleague, everyone would need to have the exact same copy of the database.

Originally posted by Spurs Revival:

does anyone know how i can swap a few HK teams into the Chinese Superleague without messing anything up?

EDT file is the easiest way.

"SWAP_TEAMS" "HK_TEAM" "CHINESE_TEAM"

is the syntax. when you start the game, under "additional files" you'll need to select the name of the .edt file you created.

There are very good guides on .edt files at the top of the forum, I think.

I've been trying to create a new nation called Dacia in replace of Northern Ireland however when i change Northern Ireland with CIS and then change CIS to Dacia, Northern Ireland doesn't come up, should it work. How do i create new nations?

I've swapped Greece with England. Everything works fine with the former english competitions (now with greek teams competing), but I don't get a reserves competition. I have some reason to suspect that there might be something hard-coded related to greek clubs. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi guys. I've followed everyones instructions to creating the super league, and so far I am Man Utd, one is Roma and one is AC Milan.

The problem is, the two Italian teams, when they look at their board expectations, they get this:

"The board wants the team to win the <%comp#1-short> by the end of the zero year plan"

and,

'Long term expectations - start date 1.1.1900'

Anyone have any how to solve this?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by sumguy65:

I switched australia with Iceland and when i try to start the game using only icelandic leagues it closes down and says

array access out of bounds

can you please help me????

Unfortunately, this is the most common error when swapping teams and leagues. Go through Dave's Guide and make sure you've done everything he says - every single detail matters.

Originally posted by Tomkb3:

hi i can't use the english league after icreated a football team on editor for fm 2008 can any 1 give me a hand?

What did you do with your created team? Where did you put them? You need to provide *all* of the details, please.

Hello,

At first, thanks for the guide.

Im' thinking on create the Luxembourguese Leagues by swaping it with Belarussian leagues.

Do you think that's a good idea?

I could switch with Finland leagues, but will it crashes cause the Finnish Cup is much bigger than the Luxemburguese Cup ?

Maybe the game want to have at least XXX clubs...

So to actualize, I would have to create a lot of clubs (hard work...).

I can also use the Slovakian league, but I'll loose 2 clubs per division. Slovakian leagues have 12 clubs when Luxembourguese leagues have 14. But it will be much simple to switch these leagues.

What would you do ?

I don't want to start a new thread, when this looks like the ideal place to ask.

For a while I have been working on completely customedthe French league, by replacing all teams with fictional teams, as I created my own country. The league swaps have all worked fine, but the problem comes with the coupe de la ligue.

The first round of the competition should have 5 matches, between 5 teams from Lique 2 and 5 teams from the National division (I have renamed these leagues), but when I run the game, this round is being 7 Ligue 2 teams and 3 National teams. This means that the top two teams from Ligue 1 who shouldn't be entering the competition until the 4th round, are entering at the third round, and the game is crashing at the fourth round draw date, due to being 2 games short.

Has anyone tried to edit the French league, and have you managed to get around this problem?

Guest da_gjm

Couple of quick questions.

1 I've swapped the northern Ireland and Scottish leagues and ran a test all the way too 2012 and while the former Scottish league's record history the new Scottish league doesn't.

2. every time i try to access the intermediate cup screen it crashes fm, though the intermediate league cup seems to work fine.

anyone got any suggestions?

thanks

G

after swapping all the clubs of azerbaijan into the israel leagues. you should change back their nationality and swap the three letter name of the nation isr to the 3 letter name of azerbaijan.you must have 12 teams in each league..

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to make a league for Reunion island (a french "oversea département") in FM2007. 20 teams are present in the db (but only 16 of them appear in the game icon_confused.gif ), most of them are empty : no players, staff, stadium... (If you check the Game Importance for Reunion island you'll read "Completly useless" icon_razz.gif). I want to swap Slovakian clubs with my teams from Reunion.

There are 2 playable leagues for Slovakia (12 teams for each league) and a non playable lower league which contains 37 teams. So I had to create 4 (empty)teams to match the correct numbers of teams in each slovakian leagues. Then, I followed Dave's Guide and completed all the steps but when I create a new game, I can't choose Reunion nor Slovakia (invisible on the selection screen).

Is it because I haven't replaced with teams from Reunion the unplayable Slovakian lower league teams yet? Or does this come from the fact that most of the reunionese teams are empty? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Reunionese teams doesn't belong to any division from the start(no league structure at all for them in the db). So when, I swap the slovakian teams, they end up being in no league ("division: <none>").

Can somebody help me, please?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts posted.

icon_smile.gif

Dave and Donnie, thanks for your help.

So I have edited all the existing clubs (staff, players, stadiums, ...) and have created clubs to match the correct number of teams in the Slovakian lower league.

But same result. I can't select my league, it doesn't appear on the selection screen.

I created a new game with another league to check what's going on. Well, all the slovakian and reunionese teams are in the game, the slovakian teams play no league games (which is normal)but the reunionese teams play no league games too (not normal!).

I don't know what's the problem. I checked the "full fifa member" box, set all the teams status in the playable leagues on professional but still nothing.

I don't know what to do next. I haven't created any reunionese referees yet (the slovakian ones are still "active") but I don't think that's important, isn't it ?

Guest Fancy Fancy

what would be a good league to use for hong kong?

10 teams 18 rounds

want at least first and second divisions playable preferably the two third divisions aswell

Unfortunately there is none. You could try Wales if you don't mind 1 division of 20(2 rounds for 38 games), rather than 2 of ten.

Israel has 2 divisions of 12(3 rounds for 33 games) if you just wanna use that. Malaysia is another one you could use, 2 leagues of 14(2 rounds for 26 games) which also has a nice post-season cup which is another 10 games.

Dave: I want to make an african superleague. I thought I just use the South African League, and that competition setup. Is it enough to swap the teams into the competition and then change the clubs nation to SOuth Africa?

Originally posted by Jonat:

Dave and Donnie, thanks for your help.

So I have edited all the existing clubs (staff, players, stadiums, ...) and have created clubs to match the correct number of teams in the Slovakian lower league.

But same result. I can't select my league, it doesn't appear on the selection screen.

I created a new game with another league to check what's going on. Well, all the slovakian and reunionese teams are in the game, the slovakian teams play no league games (which is normal)but the reunionese teams play no league games too (not normal!).

I don't know what's the problem. I checked the "full fifa member" box, set all the teams status in the playable leagues on professional but still nothing.

I don't know what to do next. I haven't created any reunionese referees yet (the slovakian ones are still "active") but I don't think that's important, isn't it ?

try to play with the default database and check whether the slovakian league is playing good..i think the problem is the continent of reunionese(i dont know where it is)..try to swap it to one of the countries in europe or asia..because in the selection of playable..you can only see europe,asia,america etc..

Archived