Dave's Guide to League Swap/Super Leagues

Dave Fairbairn

I've used Malaysian League System to create Playable Leagues for an European non-playable nation. It works perfectly, but the Leagues start in February not in July/August as it should be in Europe. Is it possible somehow to change the starting date of the Malaysian Leagues, which I use?

Thanks.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For example I want to swap teams from Polish Leagues with another country. I do the swap for First and Second Division, but... What about the Lower League, there are hundreds of teams that I don't need them. For example I want to have just 20 teams in Lower League (non-playable League), is it possible to remove almost all teams from Lower League, and to swap there just a few, so there will be teams that will promote to the Second Division.

Thanks for your help.

You need to make sure the number of teams in the "lower leagues" is the same to guarantee there won't be any issues.

Many countries have competitions whose earliest rounds are populated by the unplayable teams in the "lower leagues". If you don't have enough teams, the game will crash.

Unfortunately, you need to keep the number of teams in the "lower leagues" the same.

Originally posted by Veg:

Dave: I want to make an african superleague. I thought I just use the South African League, and that competition setup. Is it enough to swap the teams into the competition and then change the clubs nation to SOuth Africa?

ANychance someone could answer this question?

quote:

Dave: I want to make an african superleague. I thought I just use the South African League, and that competition setup. Is it enough to swap the teams into the competition and then change the clubs nation to SOuth Africa?

It should be enough, I've created leagues with up to 6 nations represented. You don't even need all the countries to be the same as the 'host' nation. in fact, if you make them the same nation all the youth regens will be, in your case, South African rather than Tunisian, Nigerian, etc

Hope this helps

Just a quick question guys, I'm trying to make a new Australian db with Turkey as the base.

I've done pretty much all the steps (bar setting the last positions as I didn't think this would be relevant in Turkey) but the game will not even load. It starts to load the db then it tells me its failed and is in my Crash Dumps folder.

Does anyone know why this would happen? Do I need to set last divisions/positions for the Aussie teams? Thanks in advance

Thanks for all your help Dave, gave up on Turkey, moved on to Scotland.

1 thing though, there seems to be nearly 100 non-league clubs in Scotland, do I need to replace them all or just put in 30 or 40 with higher reps?

Also, whats the Romanian league structure like? I might use it for my new Oceanic League.

I'm having trouble with my DB, i've read through the topic with no luck at fixing it - please let me know if you can help!

Renamed Iceland and it's leagues, left 3 letter name to ISL.

Swapped out 10 teams from the Iceland Premier Division, and changed all 20 teams divisions to reflect the league they are currently in.

Small things:

Changed years to gain nationality to 3

Name has a - in it (G-14)

All 10 nations in this Superleague are in some form of European competition

All have 100 hardcore fans

I didn't really change much... but my new country won't show up as a playable league, and I havn't been able to figure out why. When I choose another league, everything seems to have been edited fine - I just can't play it.

Thanks for anyone who can offer some input.

Iceland will not show up if the Icelandic teams are swapped out as you would've read if you read this topic. Choose another.

ps. No offence to anyone, but I have stopped answering questions that are already answered elsewhere in this topic. If I do not answer from now on, it means that your question is already answered in this topic.

Originally posted by Dave Fairbairn:

Iceland will not show up if the Icelandic teams are swapped out as you would've read if you read this topic. Choose another.

ps. No offence to anyone, but I have stopped answering questions that are already answered elsewhere in this topic. If I do not answer from now on, it means that your question is already answered in this topic.

I appreciate the help, but Iceland was never mentioned to not work in this thread, unless I've gone blind.

Originally posted by ptakers:

Sweden happens to be one of those countries that won't cooperate in a league swap. I've tried numerous times, but I cannot get it to work. Sweden has a premier league, a second level, 2 third level divisions, and six fourth level divisions, all playable, and I think it is just too much for the swap to work. If there is another playable division I'm missing, that may be the key to getting Sweden to work in a swap, but I can't figure it out.

FWIW, I've created a Premier League of America for 08 using Canada to host the teams in a swap with Norway and it works mighty fine. If anyone is interested, I'll post a link to a d/l.

Cheers.

I would definitely be interested in this.

Originally posted by ptakers:

Here ya go, m8!

http://rapidshare.com/files/66994627/PLA_2008.zip

Thanks! It works great. I have actually been trying the same league swap (USA/Norway via Canada), but I can't get the game to see the American teams' players as EU players.

Do have any insight on what I could do? I have the 'United States' (actually a renamed Canada with 'NOR', like yours) continent set to Europe, and the region set to UK & Ireland, but still no luck.

Originally posted by sydfc4ever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

It should be enough, I've created leagues with up to 6 nations represented. You don't even need all the countries to be the same as the 'host' nation. in fact, if you make them the same nation all the youth regens will be, in your case, South African rather than Tunisian, Nigerian, etc

Hope this helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx for the answer. Just have to add one thing as it seems to be a big misunderstanding in this thread about what decides the regens nationality. The regens nationality is decide after what nation the stadium is located, and not the clubs nationality. F.ex Wellington Phoenix is set as an Australian club, but the stadium is placed in Wellington New Zealand, and therefor they will have mostly Kiwi regens, the sameapplies to all the Canadian clubs in the US leagues, Vancouver, Toronto etc.

Veg: You are misunderstanding the regen situation.

You are currently correct, but in FM07(all versions) and FM08 version 8.0.0, the regens are based on team nation, and not stadium location. It is one of the bugs fixed in 8.0.1.

Might be I'm wrong there, but I never experienced that with FM07 games.

It matters which team you picked. For instance certain teams like Berwick, who is an English team in the Scottish Second Division, are hard coded to recieve English regens no matter what. Even if you change their stadium to one in like Mexico or something.

If the team was not hard coded to recieve certain nation regens in FM07(and FM08 v8.0.0) they would get regens matching the nation of the team and not stadium location.

Originally posted by CWBush:

Can anyone suggest a league with which to switch the Australian one that has promotion/relegation (in FM) and a foreign player cap that's not too restrictive (or non existant?)

I used the Malaysian League and it worked very well for Aussie clubs. Hope this info is helpful for you this late in the game.

Uhh... before I start, I'd just like to say that this trick won't work with all leagues and sometimes the editor breaks things without explanation. I suggest you make plenty of backups and that you save and check(by starting a new game) that your database is in good working order at regular intervils if you are doing big edits.

The nation we are replacing is England. The nation we are replacing it with is Japan. Keep in mind, these are just examples; I know replacing England with Japan makes no sense at all before pointing that out.

1. Filter all English competitions and change their nation to Japan and continent to Asia. You may want to rename them as well. Do the same for the Japanese competitions, too.

2. Swap all the teams into the divisions you wish to put them into. DO NOT change the number of teams in any of the playable leagues, this will cause the game not to detect them on start up.

3. Set all clubs nations back to how they should be as the editor also swaps nation when you swap 2 teams. This is a problem with the editor.

4. Set all "last division" and "last positions" for the Japanese teams so that they were in the (former)English leagues last season. This is to avoid crashing when the game attempts to seed the FA Cup and League Cup.

5. Delete all competition history, then set at least last seasons history for the Premiership and FA Cup so the game does not crash when attempting to set up the Charity Shield. You can add as much history as you want for any competition, but this is optional.

6. Go to England and change it's TLA(Three Letter Abbreviation) to JPN, then go to Japan and set it's TLA to ENG.

7. See if your new league works!

Some of these steps(such as TLA and competition nation/continent) do not need to be done when making a super league, but you can if you want.

Hi Dave, can i get permission to post this on my FM site? FMArena.net. Credits will be giving obviously. Or if you would like to post it yourself go ahead and do so!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by aenariel:

@gxxxim: I can easily do you an Albanian league if you tell me which league you want me to replace; I see the Albanian top division has 12 clubs and is played over 33 rounds, I can see if I can find a suitable replacement later.

hayyicon_biggrin.gif i think Scottish or slovakian league would be good... or you can choise your self... if you got time, it would be very nice of you to do it or try it:P.

Originally posted by gxxxim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aenariel:

@gxxxim: I can easily do you an Albanian league if you tell me which league you want me to replace; I see the Albanian top division has 12 clubs and is played over 33 rounds, I can see if I can find a suitable replacement later.

hayyicon_biggrin.gif i think Scottish or slovenian league would be good... or you can choise your self... if you got time, it would be very nice of you to do it or try it:P. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee, have you set the "last position" and "last division" for all teams, including teams who are in unplayable divisions such as Slovakian Third Division? This may cause the problem.

If you have, it may just be that Slovakia will not work with this kind of swap situation. Your only option would be to try another country if this is the case.

Scotland does not work for league swaps in FM2008, I would suggest that you do not waste your time.

hi there!

few quick questions...

can i swap Cro with Fra league system, so i can have 3.&4.Cro league playable?

is there any other way to do that?

can i in Cro system insert, for example, playable Svk 1. to be Cro 3.(playable)?

Lee, have you set the "last position" and "last division" for all teams, including teams who are in unplayable divisions such as Slovakian Third Division? This may cause the problem.

If you have, it may just be that Slovakia will not work with this kind of swap situation. Your only option would be to try another country if this is the case.

Scotland does not work for league swaps in FM2008, I would suggest that you do not waste your time.

Thank you for your advise. But as I've alreay put the last position, I think the main reason for the crash is that the Cup can only play with Slovenian teams.....

So can you tell me which league(s) can be swapped in FM 2008 at this moment?

Hmm... I do not know for certain(I haven't done much testing this season) but for certain, Romania, England, Malaysia, South Africa, Hong Kong, Italy and Norway worked for me when I tried.

Maybe if I get time(well, not a case of time as I certainly have plenty, but just less laziness) I can do a full check of each country.

Howdy folks, got a question about the English leagues. Now, when most of the Super/World leagues are done, everyone puts the teams from all over the world into the Premier League down to the Blue Square N/S and then, from what I have experienced, the teams that win promotion mostly come from England and sometimes, for the most part, those teams that are relegated after the first season are never heard from again. Am I right?

Now this is a two part question and I am not sure this can be answered here but could the someone tell me the full hierarchy of the English leagues from the Premier all the way to the lowest league.

I guess what I am asking is, where to the teams that are promoted to the BS N/S come from each year and could it not be possible for someone to take al1 400 and some rated teams and fill the English leagues to the lowest so that eventually, all the major clubs can have a shot at going for the EPL.

I have tried to find this hierarchy online but am finding it very hard to locate a complete list.

Any help would be appreciated

Peace

Only teams from the divisions that are rated as "competition level" 6 in the editor can be promoted to the Conference N/S. All other divisions are simply there to fill FA Cup etc. places.

Oh, on the status of England: You do not need to set last position and last division for teams in the Conference and below. You can just swap the teams in and leave them as they are.

Guest Ben4382

Alreet all,

Cheers for the excellent advice on creating leagues (esp Dave!), its been a huge help in trying to create my Moldovan league. I've read through the 5 pages in this thread and have found answers to most of my questions but I still have 3 questions and wonder if anyone can help me out?

1 Are allocations for Champs league etc dependent on the nation or the league? For example if I swap the playable Peruvian league for a Moldovan league will the Moldovan league winners still qualify for the Champs league?

2 There aren't enough Moldovan officials to referee for a Moldovan league. Will the game crash if I don't create more refs?

3 I need to create more teams to compete in the Moldovan league and cup competition. Will the game crash if I don't allocate stadiums to them? If needs be, can I just swap over stadiums from Lower Division English teams?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,

Cheers

Not sure this should be asked here as it isnt really a new league but a competition that I was thinking about.

Would it be possible to create a yearly competition, like the CWC, that would be played each year that would include all the winners of all domestic leagues.

I know they all end at different times throughout the year, but the most likely time to hold this even would be in june or july.

Make it a straight up tourney, however many rounds, a game every 4 days till you had a winner.

Just an idea and apologies if I should have posted this in a different forum.

Peace

1. Champions League places are done by country, hell, if you want to test this theory change Brazil's continent to Europe and see what happens including for World Cup Qualifiers etc. WARNING: Adding more than 2 countries to Europe will make the game crash.

2. Referees generally aren't generated, but any competition that doesn't have enough referees will just get "refereed by unknown".

3. Teams will get stadiums generated(but won't be given a town) once they get promoted to a playable division. If they play at home in something like a cup match or a friendly it will display "<team name> Stadium" as the location for the match.

Archived