Dave's Guide to League Swap/Super Leagues

Dave Fairbairn

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone had the time... and it would take a loooong time.... would it be possible to do the below:

(1) Swap all player nationalities of Swiss and Australians - i.e. Australians become Swiss, Swiss become Australians

(2) Change Swiss cities to australian and Australian to Swiss

(3) Change nation names - Switzerland becomes Australia, Australia becomes Switzerland.

(4) Put Australian clubs in the Swiss League and Swiss in the Australian

The reason for doing this is so I can play with the Australian teams in a league that works - the A-League is full of errors.

Would be a big job, but would it work???

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know the precise number of Third Division/Lower Division clubs needed for the Norwegian league system to run?

In FM09 the total number of clubs need for Norway is 646 (This includes all the higher leagues too) I basically counted every norwegian club in a division I could see in the editor.

Many good posts here, thx to everyone.

I want to make a old Yugoslavian leauge (1. and 2. division) and I was thinking about editing the Croatian leauge. Now, the 1. croatian leage have 12. teams, the 2. leauge 16 teams. i want to swap the leauges. I understand I have to change the competition level, but do I have to put croatia as a nation for each club or can the clubs still belong to other countries?

Like Red Star -Serbia, Hajduk -Croatia...?

If I use them like that, wil the Euro coefficients go directly to Serbia, Bosnia.... or to my leauge/country?

Since I wil be adding teams with high coefficients wil it increase the number of teams is euro cups or do i have to stick with the coefficients of croatia as a country?

If I increase the coefficient of Croatia in euro cups I guss more teams in my leauge wil be able to play in euro cups?

Many good posts here, thx to everyone.

I want to make a old Yugoslavian leauge (1. and 2. division) and I was thinking about editing the Croatian leauge. Now, the 1. croatian leage have 12. teams, the 2. leauge 16 teams. i want to swap the leauges. I understand I have to change the competition level, but do I have to put croatia as a nation for each club or can the clubs still belong to other countries?

Safest method is to change the nationality of the team to wherever they are playing, in fact I believe it may be the only method, but leave the cities under their current ones and then the players produced will be of the correct standard.

As for the changing competition level are you talking about making it go 1. 2. and then dropping to 3. 4. for the normal top level leagues in the yugoslav countries? Because I am not sure this would work.

Like Red Star -Serbia, Hajduk -Croatia...?

If I use them like that, wil the Euro coefficients go directly to Serbia, Bosnia.... or to my leauge/country?

To your league/Country

Since I wil be adding teams with high coefficients wil it increase the number of teams is euro cups or do i have to stick with the coefficients of croatia as a country?

If I increase the coefficient of Croatia in euro cups I guss more teams in my leauge wil be able to play in euro cups?

Yes this is correct, though I believe through playing a large number of seasons on FM09 in my edited database that the layout never changes so the list in order down is always the same :)

If you look in the Challenges Forum under Old World, I am currently in the process of rejigging the whole of Europe and this will include a Yugoslav league based in the old Swedish Leagues.

As for the changing competition level are you talking about making it go 1. 2. and then dropping to 3. 4. for the normal top level leagues in the yugoslav countries? Because I am not sure this would work.

I was thinking about swaping the 1. and 2. CRO league so that I have 16 teams in the top leauge and 12 in 2. leauge. I wont dropp the 3. and 4. leauge, just leave it as it is.

Too bad I found this forum over a year into my efforts to remake empty lower divisions (from many countries that I would never play actively) into a complete and accurate German football league system to the "Verbandsligen" or "Landesligen" level. Below that would have been regionally-aggregated metropolitan and city leagues. A total of nearly 70 leagues. Ahhhhhh. Note, the leagues I remade (not swapping) appeared to have NO teams and NO history. They weren't cup competitions either.

Didn't realize two (perhaps more) things. First, you can't actually change a league, even if it seems like you can. Second, it's a bletch to populate leagues when most of the teams aren't in the FM08 database. I ended up creating a lot of German teams based on internet research. Third, the English reserves system of competition is applied to other national league systems (in FM08) which is profoundly not the way German football is organized. German leagues are great in number, but most of them are subregional. First teams of small towns compete with other similar teams AND reserve/youth teams of better competition. My effort to recreate the kind of richness featured in FM08 for English leagues...has failed to this point.

Maybe I'll find this "Guide" to the Data Editor, and rework a tremendous amount of effort sunk to this point.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the first four tiers with my fantasy nation's clubs and changed the nationality of all Belgian clubs in the 5th tier to the new nation. The fantasy nation replaced the Faroe Islands, so there isn't any problem with it being a dodgy empty slot nation like GB, USSR, etc.

The history for the previous year has been changed so that no Belgian clubs won it in 2007. TLA swap is fine; the only thing I could put it down to would be the last position number, and as far as I am aware there aren't any clubs that have the same last position set.

I need a little help.

I've swapped the Australian and Slovenian leagues. A-League clubs in the Slovenian First Division, a selection of second-tier Australian clubs in the Slovenian Second Division, an East/West state (Australia) selection of clubs for the Slovenian Third East/West Divisions, and then filled the Lower Leagues of Slovenia with the rest of the clubs from Australia. However, when I start the game I get the following problems:

- First and Second Division fixtures don't show up

- When I click on the League Cup it always crashes

- No reserves, which I'm not sure I can create and get to work

I think perhaps it's the last division and places that are to blame. Not sure.

Thanks in advance.

all you must know if you swap bosnian league with bulgarian one all bosnian team will bougth just bulgarian players,this problem is solved too,cup problem is solved too,only bosnian clubs plays in cup,theres no crashes or something like that,the league are maked on 920 patch,and many of 4000+ members from fm bosnia are 920 user,i mean they have original game,we take an action here to buy original games with hope,SI will add bosnian league in playable one,we have good national teams and good players like vedad ibisevic who is curently best scorer in top 5 league,edin dzeko(arsenal target him)zvjezdan misimovic who is best assistent in bundesliga and in best 11 with edin dzeko,we have miralem pjanic who plays in lyon and he is one of the biggest football talents in the world,we hope SI will take a look soon to add our league in playable or just to make editor better then this one in fm09,editor like one in fm08 all we want is to play our league :(

FM Bosnia, I've been hoping for a league editor for years, as my team who are from England play in the Scottish divisions, and in the game, just like in real life, the Scottish football league system is very poor. Not by footballing standards, okay it is actually, but the system itself requires teams to play each other at least 4 times, and depending on the cup, sometimes up to 10 times in one season.

The reason I started this thread was to help people like myself, and even moreso yourself, who have difficulty playing the game because the league system is not fun, such as in Scotland or the USA, or for those who wish to play with a league that isn't available. Unfortunately this season has made it very difficult to do things like this, but I still hold hope that one day the editor will allow us to change things as we want.

Certain SI members have in the past on this forum said that they would like it as much as me, but it would be difficult to impliment, and that no new leagues are going to be very likely in the near future.

At least I think SI should fix the bugs that stop us from doing a complete league swap. They say they read all threads in this community, but still they didn't bother to fix this in the first patches. Let's hope they do, without beliving they will, for the next one.

Uhh... before I start, I'd just like to say that this trick won't work with all leagues and sometimes the editor breaks things without explanation. I suggest you make plenty of backups and that you save and check(by starting a new game) that your database is in good working order at regular intervils if you are doing big edits.

The nation we are replacing is England. The nation we are replacing it with is Japan. Keep in mind, these are just examples; I know replacing England with Japan makes no sense at all before pointing that out.

1. Filter all English competitions and change their nation to Japan and continent to Asia. You may want to rename them as well. Do the same for the Japanese competitions, too.

2. Swap all the teams into the divisions you wish to put them into. DO NOT change the number of teams in any of the playable leagues, this will cause the game not to detect them on start up.

3. Set all clubs nations back to how they should be as the editor also swaps nation when you swap 2 teams. This is a problem with the editor.

4. Set all "last division" and "last positions" for the Japanese teams so that they were in the (former)English leagues last season. This is to avoid crashing when the game attempts to seed the FA Cup and League Cup.

5. Delete all competition history, then set at least last seasons history for the Premiership and FA Cup so the game does not crash when attempting to set up the Charity Shield. You can add as much history as you want for any competition, but this is optional.

6. Go to England and change it's TLA(Three Letter Abbreviation) to JPN, then go to Japan and set it's TLA to ENG.

7. See if your new league works!

Some of these steps(such as TLA and competition nation/continent) do not need to be done when making a super league, but you can if you want.

i did exactly as you did, but instead England and Japan i did Turkey and Malta. Why when i start a new game i can't choose neither Turkey nor Malta??

Manu, forget league swapping on FM2009. It doesn't work. Always ends in a crash/error/missing league. I think SI must have to leave a certain number of bug on each release, maybe it's a contract thing with Sega. This time they picked league swapping as one of these bugs. ;-)

I replaced the first four tiers with my fantasy nation's clubs and changed the nationality of all Belgian clubs in the 5th tier to the new nation. The fantasy nation replaced the Faroe Islands, so there isn't any problem with it being a dodgy empty slot nation like GB, USSR, etc.

The history for the previous year has been changed so that no Belgian clubs won it in 2007. TLA swap is fine; the only thing I could put it down to would be the last position number, and as far as I am aware there aren't any clubs that have the same last position set.

Does anybody have any ideas regarding my Belgian problem then, or should I just give it up as a bad swap and start again?

I neglected to mention in the above post that I added "Regional Leagues" to some of the clubs to give the Belgian 3rd Division system a sense of regionality for my nation. Would this cause the crash I've been getting?

Does anybody have any ideas regarding my Belgian problem then, or should I just give it up as a bad swap and start again?

I neglected to mention in the above post that I added "Regional Leagues" to some of the clubs to give the Belgian 3rd Division system a sense of regionality for my nation. Would this cause the crash I've been getting?

I've got exactly the same problem. I created a GB league with created teams but the game crashes on October 5th (I think). I left all regional teams as Belgian nationality but first 4 tiers are all GB nationals. I might try swapping some regioinal teams for GB teams and I'll let you know if it works

I've got exactly the same problem. I created a GB league with created teams but the game crashes on October 5th (I think). I left all regional teams as Belgian nationality but first 4 tiers are all GB nationals. I might try swapping some regioinal teams for GB teams and I'll let you know if it works

OK, new development. Started a new game using the same database as before, loading just the GB league. I was expecting the game to crash on October 5th (day of the 6th round cup draw) as before, but I am now on October 17th. The problem is that the 6th round draw for the cup still hasn't been made.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and this is on FM08, forgot to say before.

I just spotted that it crashes the day before the 6th Round Draw myself, plus I have a Premier Division team coming into the cup at the 4th Round rather than the 6th. I'll add an extra team at 4th tier level and see if they enter the cup in the 4th and fix the problem.

That didn't work either, but then again the top-tier team coming in early might be there for a reason.

Perhaps a certain club is hardcoded to come in at Round 6? It might be an idea to stick all Belgian teams in the bottom tier and see what happens.

I loaded up an unedited belgian league and saw that there was meant to be 43 non-league teams in the 4th round. My edited database had only 32 non-league teams in the 4th round. I think the problem was that I had filled the 4th tier with B teams which apparently can't appear in the cup. The game was crashing because there were too few teams left in the competition. I'll swap the B teams out over the next couple of days and see if that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !!

I've downloaded the Cyprus DB for fm2009 and the "Cyprus db" author swap the greece league for cyprus. I had a look and seems to me that everything is looking great and well done, althouth i find it 2 "errors". first is the name opf the competitions, and that i can solve it. The other is

when i start the game it appears the greek flag. I know that is possible to change it. and thats why i'm asking everyone who knows

the steps to do it and change the greek flag for the cypriot.

Thnx

Extract the flags folder from the fmf files. Extract it to your graphics folder in you user datafolder, the swap the unique id of Cyprus and Greece in the config file.

Thnx Veg ! great help, the flags allready changed ..but the name still is greece...hmm. supose who know how to resolve..LOLOL...can you help me again wtih this issue?

Veg or anyone...all the help is welcome

tnhx

Thnx Veg ! great help, the flags allready changed ..but the name still is greece...hmm. supose who know how to resolve..LOLOL...can you help me again wtih this issue?

Veg or anyone...all the help is welcome

tnhx

Unfortunately this is an issue that I can't help with.

Archived