35+ Leagues

I was just wondering, (as I may buy a new laptop soon) what system specs would be needed to run 35+ leagues? (even more would be superb - this laptop is to be brought as its main purpose to play FM 2009 :D)

I don't know do much about the specs of a computer so go easy on me ;)

Links to laptops that would do this would be useful.....

Cheers everyone.

Even NASA can't run 35+ leagues lol.

In all seriousness, I'd suggest you go a fair bit above the recommended specifications, you might not have a problem setting up a game with that amount of leagues, the problems tend to come a few years in as the database becomes larger and larger. I only play with about 15 leagues and my PC struggles at times now I'm 10 years into the save.

It all depends how you play the game - how fast you go through a season. On my old laptop it took me a month or 2 months to play a seasn at Scunthorpe (FM08). When I bought my new PC it took me ~2 days so my playing experience changed massively.

If you enjoy the details of each season then speed is less of an issue than if you expect to race through lots of seasons.

Should be noticeably quicker. If you load the league it loads a lot of the players, but it also simulates every league. If you just load the players the speed slows down a lot, but not to the same degree, it is just an issue of having a huge database of players. In particular going to the Player Search screen will always take ages to load (esp. as your club gains a greater world knowledge)

i run 28 leagues mine runs well

cpu duo core AMD 6000+

4gb ddr2 1033mhz ram

geforece 8800gt 512mb gpu

aim higher in my opinion for 45+ lol a high end quadcore and 8gb ram might be needed

I've got a similiar spec to yours. How long roughly does it take for all the games to be processed?

I've got a 4 year old Dell Inspiron with 2gb of Ram and it runs 90 leagues from 40 countries no problem. I run most of the Leagues on full detail. I work from home a lot so am happy to press continue and do some work on the laptop whilst the game processes. International weeks and the Summers are pretty slow but it suits my style.

But is it much lighter to play only one league and then take 34+ leagues to view only than take all 35+ leagues to play?

i would like to know this also...i would assume that on view only it will not take as long to load but ive never tried it so im not sure

Something I've found... It's much better to load as many leagues as possible...

I've found 8 seasons in that when you have no leagues loaded, some players are kind of stuck in limbo and never get unhappy or move. Also, they get ridiculously high ratings and scoring patterns (Usually mediocre Italian/German strikers win World Player of the Year or the Golden Boot), or similarly world class players only play 1-3 games a season.

My friend and I both had a game with Rangers. I played with only the Scottish league and have so far survived on bringing in young players or good Brazilians. My friend played with all the big European leagues and signed Bojan at the end of season 1 and Ronaldinho after he got unhappy at AC Milan at the age of about 32.

wrt to the OP, I've got a reasonably modern PC. You'd expect to fork out £750 to Dell for my specs (cant be bothered listing them) and I can run about 15 leagues just as fast as I can run one.

But is it much lighter to play only one league and then take 34+ leagues to view only than take all 35+ leagues to play?

Just to note,,,plsying as view only,,dosent retain all players from that league. Dont know why ,, but I noticed quite significant players as well missing when i set up my first save that way.

e.g. German league in view only had players like Christian Lell and Ibisevic missing,,

in Dutch lg,, AZ had pocognoli and Moisander missing

( not even greyed out , not there at all )

Just to note,,,plsying as view only,,dosent retain all players from that league. Dont know why ,, but I noticed quite significant players as well missing when i set up my first save that way.

e.g. German league in view only had players like Christian Lell and Ibisevic missing,,

in Dutch lg,, AZ had pocognoli and Moisander missing

( not even greyed out , not there at all )

what size DB are you using? i just started a save to test with all the english leagues on playable and every other league on view only and so far i havent seen grey players (except for obscure places like in africa) and it seems to be going faster than in my previous save where i had loaded all leagues but set them all to playable

Archived