Do you 'Really' want a takeover?

So what type of take over if any do you want  

89 members have voted

1. 1. So what type of take over if any do you want

• Yes, the more money the better
    • Yes, but only to ensure the future of my club
    • Yes, upgraded facilities and a little cash is handy
    • No, I want to make it on my own

me personally, I would rather not. I fought to get Alfreton Town from BSS to League 2, got taken over, given 8 million to spend, ensured i got to prem in the next 2 seasons, I think I would have gone on to Europe, but I didnt want to, it didn't feel like i had earnt the right to be there....

Its hard to vote for one. In my career game, if i get taken over or not, i roll with it. It could happen to near enough any team IRL so i just deal with it, even the ones with no money!

As ftg87 says though, if i want buckets of cash to start with i will just mess about with Man City.

It might be fun in the higher leagues (i.e. if I played as Newcastle I wouldn't mind a takeover!) but I think there's something nice about playing in the lower leagues and finding cheap players (or decent loaned players). At the minute I'm playing as Farsley in the BSP and my board adore me because my current team's wages are 5k (p/w?) below budget (and we're not a small team)! Due to a decent cup run last season (3rd round of FA cup against Leeds which was televised and pushed to a replay!) the clubs finances look quite healthy atm.

I like the idea of getting somewhere with a team who are on modest wages! I refuse to bring in players who demand anything more than my best player (who is on £300 p/w I think and currently more than happy with his contract). I imagine things will change if we get into the Football League but for the time being I like living within my means.

me personally, I would rather not. I fought to get Alfreton Town from BSS to League 2, got taken over, given 8 million to spend, ensured i got to prem in the next 2 seasons, I think I would have gone on to Europe, but I didnt want to, it didn't feel like i had earnt the right to be there....

you got the money by chance thats ok to me,but if i added money by an editor to make there money top and so on then it would feel wrong to me.

For 15 season I wanted it. Near going bankrupt every season, despite keeping costs under tight control.

But then, I managed to sell 2 players that had been developed at the club for 4 seasons for a good sum of money. Rest is history, now Ive got £65M in the bank and a transfer budget of £30M - and good facilites.

So Ive managed to turn it around by myself - no need for takeover here, no..

I fought to get Alfreton Town from BSS to League 2, got taken over, given 8 million to spend, ensured i got to prem in the next 2 seasons,

Wow, 3 promotions in 2 seasons with the same team is incredibly impressive.

Archived