Wembley Elite FC - The Challenge

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 2009 Update

Twenty games into the season and currently in 4th place in the table and got knocked out of League Cup in 4th round by Chelsea. Only lost three games in the league against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool (all away I might add). Currently on a nine game unbeaten run, but this includes five draws mainly away from home. Shay Given is playing brilliantly in net with 10 clean sheets out of 16 played, where as the strikers aren't exactly blowing teams away at the other end with Forlan and Santa Cruz joint top scorers with only 7 goals apiece. Worringly, the board are disappointed with my performance even though we're on track to fulfil there expectations, so the January window may be very busy in deed with Zapata already coming in along with a couple of under-18's from West Brom and Chelsea. Looking to bring in another couple of wingers (Arteta keeps getting injured), another left back and possibly a replacement for Arshavin who has been terrible so far.

Could I suggest that you open the challenge to an unlimited number of people? That way you can create more discussion in here and your thread would be way more active. Whilst it is not my kind of challenge, I think it is a great idea and a shame if it misses out on getting a greater response.

It is just a suggestion though, if you have your reasons for the restriction of participants, then fair enough :)

Thought I would post a quick end of transfer update. So here's my team and formation. Reletively happy with it. Lacking a 'real' RB as I prefer to play Srna at RM and have him attacking down that wing. But Diarra does a good job there usually. Have got Jovetic waiting on a work permit as well and Rodney Sneijder to accept his contract.

In dire need of a new Assistant Manager as well.

348hfeo.png

Just played my first game against Man Utd and it ended 3-3 with a Berbatov 90th min equaliser. Was gutted!

ok guys, i found this challenge really hard. i made what i thought would be an unstoppable team but ended up being a complete flop, not really sure what i did wrong in terms of tactics and stuff but could not buy a win towards the end of the season. anyhow this was my team before i eve eventually got sacked in march 09 (7th in the league :S).

wembleyfc2vc0.th.jpg

ok guys, i found this challenge really hard. i made what i thought would be an unstoppable team but ended up being a complete flop, not really sure what i did wrong in terms of tactics and stuff but could not buy a win towards the end of the season. anyhow this was my team before i eve eventually got sacked in march 09 (7th in the league :S).

wembleyfc2vc0.th.jpg

Sacked at 7th? Sucks a bit, but you get the 14 points for ending 7th, plus, where did you finish in the league cup?

Just finished my first season, after spending most of the season in 5th-7th, i was fearing the worst and getting sacked, but with around 10 games to go the team all of a studden started playing well and we went on a winning streak to the end of the season and most the league with a game to spare as well :):)

Well, after it being so close after 26 games, we lost the plot. Finished in 7th, just outside Europe. Not sacked somehow, but I fear that I'm hanging on by a thread. I'll post the requested screenie's when I get on my home PC.

Here they are:

League Table

may_09380.jpg.xs.jpg

League Cup Run

league_cup360.jpg.xs.jpg

Staff Page

staff551.jpg.xs.jpg

It's on page 1 makam

Will update league tables now

james, could you give me a screenie so I can see how you did in the League Cup, so that I can give you those points too.

no need for a screenie i got knocked out in the 3rd round :(:(

Im gone that was harder than it should have been. My strikers did nothing and i leaked goals like a tap. If this matters i was 16th when i got sacked and in the quarter finals of the league cup

Heres a pic of my sacking

http://i44.tinypic.com/vhqhp0.jpg

I was curious so i simmed the game to the end of the season, they hired ancelotti as manager, lost to villa in the semis and finished 5th

Finished 2nd season and won Prem after Arsenal started by winning 11 on the trot, but thankfully they fell away at the end of the season. Lost again to Chelsea in the 4th round of the League Cup though. Will post screenies when I am on my PC.

League Table

may_10380.jpg.xs.jpg

League Cup

league_cup2192.jpg.xs.jpg

Staff Page

staff2166.jpg.xs.jpg

this is my team so far. planning to add chiellini to the back , and team will be up for the rest of the season. started great , defeated boro and tottenham in league cup , only a 0-0 draw at portsmouth , not conceded a goal in 5 matches :)

think my sheik will be pleased at the end of the season :)

wembleycs8.th.jpg

Is this database still available ? I know its too late to actually take part in the challenge but it seems like a hell of a lot of fun to pass up on ! Someone said it was on page one but I cant find it, is it staring me in the face or what ? Cheers

Archived