Improve the ME by changing mangers attributes

Posted (edited)

I managed to improve the gameplay of ME by changing AI managers tactical attributes.

By improving these attribute numbers you will get more dynamic and faster football with more transitions and mistakes.

Key Attributes: Directness, Tempo

Other: Mentality, Width (Tactical Knowledge and flexibility for bigger challenge) 

For example AI Guardiola or De Zerbi are changed to 10 for both directness and tempo and 20 in Width. For example for more direct mangers I improved their attributes from 13 to 16.

Edited by Mitja

41 minutes ago, Mitja said:

I managed to improve the gameplay of ME by changing AI managers tactical attributes.

By improving these attribute numbers you will get more dynamic and faster football with more transitions and mistakes.

Other: Mentality, Width

For example AI Guardiola or De Zerbi are changed to 10 for both directness and tempo and 20 in Width. For example for more direct mangers I improved their attributes from 13 to 16.

If you have examples of changes that made them play more like they do in real life, please report it int he bug tracker under the "database" part. Perhaps you've found something the researchers can use.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

If you have examples of changes that made them play more like they do in real life, please report it int he bug tracker under the "database" part. Perhaps you've found something the researchers can use.

I don't think it's a database issue. If all teams have 95% passing rate like in vanilla game then it only makes sense what I have tried. Not perfect but football looks way better. You can actually witness long balls, mistakes, quick transitions etc.

On 15/05/2024 at 16:18, Mitja said:

Other: Mentality, Width (Tactical Knowledge and flexibility for bigger challenge) 

You improved Guardiola by making him not Guardiola...  

18 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

You improved Guardiola by making him not Guardiola...  

You think? Even though City leads in all possession stats? If league average for Directness and Tempo is let's say 15 and 15 than 10 and 10 is quite slower football .Also Pep's style is still Tiki Taka.

Don't forget manager attributes are tendencies and stuff like POD and WBIB further enhance possession football.

I couldn't stand watching games with endless passing at the back and hardly any long balls so I did what I did. And love it.

TBH, the AI managers tendency plays out of defence i consider it to be bugged in the current ME.

AI teams  that have these managers hoard possession by having endless passes between defenders, no matter how crap the team is.

Every team can have 60% possession if they have an AI manager with plays out of defence...

25 minutes ago, andu1 said:

TBH, the AI managers tendency plays out of defence i consider it to be bugged in the current ME.

AI teams  that have these managers hoard possession by having endless passes between defenders, no matter how crap the team is.

Every team can have 60% possession if they have an AI manager with plays out of defence...

Definitely and the same is true for short passing. 

34 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I mean "endless passes between defenders, no matter how crap the team is" is 90% of the reason Burnley got relegated in real life this season.

I don't think it's good, or clever to spend an entire season punching yourself in the face like that, but if it happens in real life I'm not going to blame FM if it also happens in the game. 

29 minutes ago, turnip said:

I mean "endless passes between defenders, no matter how crap the team is" is 90% of the reason Burnley got relegated in real life this season.

I don't think it's good, or clever to spend an entire season punching yourself in the face like that, but if it happens in real life I'm not going to blame FM if it also happens in the game. 

Sorry , i dont see Burnley having 60% possession with Man City or Arsenal IRL

Strictly speaking, I don't see these rubbish teams having 60% possession against good teams in FM either, because you haven't provided any evidence of it.

On the other hand, I just had a look at my current save, from 2041. So here's a fairly random selection of matches from the Premier League:

EDcYwPD.png

Now, if your argument is that it's too common for a team to have too much possession in a match, that's a different issue and that's why there are sub-forums here for you to give feedback.

1 hour ago, turnip said:

That's one team and it doesn't mean almost anything. 

Big teams loosing possession battle and endless passing streaks are well documented for fm24.