Coaches refusing to take courses.

I'm still playing 23 so i'd be interested to know if this is the same on 24? In my current save I've found that any 4 star coach who is prepared to join my club wants ridiculous wages, so, I've been hiring younger coaches with room to develop. I've found that often they will refuse to take a coaching course, the board message is something like  'although your suggestion makes perfect sense coach X has no interest in taking a coaching course'. I mean, really? You've just started a new job and your employer wants to pay for you to improve your career prospects. You refuse of course:-). I've always been convinced that the devs put certain things in the game just to annoy people! Which to be fair I'd probably do myself:-).

16 hours ago, toiletfootball said:

I mean, really? You've just started a new job and your employer wants to pay for you to improve your career prospects. You refuse of course:-)

As someone who has worked in IT in various positions for a while now, I can say with confidence this is not only plausible, but happens much more often than you'd think... That said, I've also had bosses who wanted people to take courses or certifications that are meaningless, so it works both ways, really.

I've also worked in football and personally know many coaches who refuse to do additional courses on top of the accreditation they already hold.

Funny, but I encountered this just the other day for the first time ever.

Better I think than having your board dole out courses to random members of your B team staff while denying your first team requests due to "lack of funds"

So further to this in case anyone is interested. Neither low ambition or  PA seem to be the reason for refusal (I checked with a third party utility and one of my refusing  coaches has Ambition 16 and CA126/PA186). It does seem to happen more with coaches under 30. But, if you wait about 18 months they will usually accept (you need to wait three months between requests for the option to reappear).