FM 2024 Winter Update Transfers and Real World mode

Hello

Could someone from SI confirm that the future update with the January transfers will be available and in Real World mode so the transfers will take place at the real dates and not from the beginning?

Because any January transfer update we try to apply manually the players start from the beginning of the season even when we choose the real word mode

Thank you in advance

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, yes the January transfers will happen on the real dates in Real World Mode.

Will there be an option to disable the January window? Great having realistic transfers, but a bit pointless if Man City come along on the 1st Jan & buy 3 world class players.

On 05/02/2024 at 13:25, saware said:

Will there be an option to disable the January window? Great having realistic transfers, but a bit pointless if Man City come along on the 1st Jan & buy 3 world class players.

THis would be a nice feature. Have the summer window sorted but leave january to the game.

On 05/02/2024 at 19:25, saware said:

Unfortunately, there is no option to disable January window, but you can go into the editor and give a global transfer embargo to all clubs until your season is over. I always do this for my games. Even with the global transfer embargo, the real world transfers will still go through.

Edited by MontyOnTheRun

On 05/02/2024 at 14:08, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, yes the January transfers will happen on the real dates in Real World Mode.

Thank you for the response!

On 05/02/2024 at 20:25, saware said:

Yea that would be nice too

On 05/02/2024 at 15:08, Zachary Whyte said:

what could happen, if i brought someone for my team, let's say Ferguson from Brighton to Tottenham summer 2024 (in the game) .. then Chelsea signed him in 5 July 2024 from Brighton?

2 hours ago, Kaiser_Tottenham said:

what could happen, if i brought someone for my team, let's say Ferguson from Brighton to Tottenham summer 2024 (in the game) .. then Chelsea signed him in 5 July 2024 from Brighton?

This won't happen. If you start with real world, the player will have a future transfer set already, so you cannot sign him.

55 minutes ago, Matty89 said:

Does anyone have a idea when they might drop the january update as want to start my personal MUFC save on that when its released

I would hope the winter update lands after Ratcliffe's part ownership of United is confirmed and directors appointed. Hopefully, this will be in the next week.

If you play Football Manager on PC/Laptop you can look back on previous Football Managers on steam as to when the winter update drops it will give you a good indication when the winter update comes out. which is normanlly early March

That depends, some versions had an update early February and the final update mid/late march so...it's possible to get an update soon. 

Edited by Kewan

23 hours ago, Kewan said:

That depends, some versions had an update early February and the final update mid/late march so...it's possible to get an update soon. 

Since FM20 as i cant see any news on previous FMs theres only ever been one winter update in Febuary and that was on the 22nd so thats clearly not early Febuary, they're most likely to come out at the start of March and towards the back end of March if its a two parter like it has been in previous FMs

4 hours ago, Jay25H said:

Since FM20 as i cant see any news on previous FMs theres only ever been one winter update in Febuary and that was on the 22nd so thats clearly not early Febuary, they're most likely to come out at the start of March and towards the back end of March if its a two parter like it has been in previous FMs

As i've said, some versions... but i tend to agree with you, probably we'll get the update in march. 3 months to fix a ton of problems may not be enough