FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just starting my second season now, my team has been depeleted because of the olympic games 8 first team players thankfully argentina were knocked out early so banega is back if anyone thinking of getting him grab him as soon as you can.

two players looking forward to seeing this season lee martin and henry

wow just got 25 million for fletcher icon_redface.gif. Gill accepted the offers, that twat.

Im pretty sure i could have got more from him as like 10 clubs bidded 25 million for him.

Is it because of the major debt, gill accepts the offer ?

Originally posted by bromi88:

just starting my second season now, my team has been depeleted because of the olympic games 8 first team players thankfully argentina were knocked out early so banega is back if anyone thinking of getting him grab him as soon as you can.

two players looking forward to seeing this season lee martin and henry

Ahh that's good to hear - I've just agreed to sign Banega for £2.5m and waiting for his WP to come through.

T.V.

Originally posted by SpillBlood:

Just been offered 29.5 Mil over 24 months for Evra from Barca. Do I do it? He's been playing his socks of for me and I'm a fan. Not sure if he's even replaceable?

I would. And I'd recommend Chiellini or Baines as his replacement. That offer is too good to turn down!!

Originally posted by Ricardo Kaka':

i'm still undefeated, but its been all 1-0 games or 2-1. Can't seem to get the guys going.

rooney is out for 1 month. Retraining ronaldo to striker.

United getting a lot of 1-0's? Who would have thought it! Glad to see we've actually started finding the net irl though.

T.V.

Originally posted by SpillBlood:

Just been offered 29.5 Mil over 24 months for Evra from Barca. Do I do it? He's been playing his socks of for me and I'm a fan. Not sure if he's even replaceable?

Milan got him for 32.5m, now for a replacement. I'm going to try for Cheillini, but might even try for Bale.

Cheers for the reply T.V. ^.

Season 2 (08/09) Early Season Update

Pre-season update (year)

Transfers

Got rid of alot of crap, VDS and Giggs would not sign (lower) new contracts, so they went (giggs to sunderland lol).

Evra went because he was crying about not being allowed to leave, and he was on the last year of his contract.

Sotiris Ninis - AM/RC - 4m

Hugo Lloris - GK - 20m

Finding a new keeper was a complete joke, you need to offer nearly 15 million or more for anyone decent. I went through about 5 different targets before I finally signed Lloris a week before my first EPL game.

Formation

Using the same 4-3-1-2 Formation as last year.

Expectations for the season

Semi Final of Champions League

Challenge for Premier League

Reach Final of FA Cup

Final of League Cup.

Remaining transfer budget

14.1 Million. Was given a bump to 42 million overall (an extra 12 million or so).

Might look for another player or 2.

Hey All,

just got my game, and im Man United, sorry, bit of a late starter. Does anybody know how good those two Brazilian guys are from flemingo? The LB and RB who are due in 2009?

Also im about to start my first competetive game against Chelsea in CS. Team is as follows:

----------VDS----------

Pique--Ferdinand--Vidic--Evra

----------Carrick----------

---Ronaldo--------Giggs---

----------Van Der Vaart-----

-----Rooney-----Tevez-----

Looks a good side, got rid of 'Surplus' players such as Saha, Park Ji Sung for 8m and 3.5m respectively and brought in a load of backroom staff. Nani and Anderson will take time to gel into the team so i'll bring them on as subs with 10-15 minutes to go for a while.

Gibson

Hewson

Evans

are on loan and im keen to see how these guys develop. I also got in Saviet, Josh Wright and Nsue 'apparently' they are stars for the future.

Just about to sign Owen for £10m and i got Baptistsa on loan too.

Wish me luck, updates soon.

P.S. those two Flamingo brothers due in 2009?

Started a game with United yesterday and been busy scoping out potential signings and attempting to strengthen my team.

After fiddling with my transfer/wage budget I managed to stump up about £20m to spend…

transfers07me7.th.png

Most of my signings have been investments for the future - besides Huntelaar, Ignashevich and Denilson (who I signed as a replacement for Fletcher). I’m gonna try to give Piatti some cup games and maybe a few sub appearances too.

I also have…

Anton Sosnin on his way to me for £625k when he turns 18 in January

Alex (from Vasco, dubbed the new Ronaldinho) on his way to me in January for 200k

Sergio Mota coming in January for £250k

Ever Banega coming in July 2008 for £2.5m

Lulinha coming in July 2008 for £200k

Quite happy with my preseason:

W 2-1 vs. Fenerbahce (Carrick, Tevez)

W 4-0 vs. Mulhouse (O’Shea, Frazier Campbell, Piatti, Fletcher)

W 5-0 vs. FC Gueugnon (Fletcher, Rooney 2, Wijnaldum, Tevez)

D 3-3 vs. AS Nancy-Lorraine (Rooney, Frazier Campbell 2)

W 4-0 vs. Bury (Ronaldo, Vidic, Frazier Campbell, Carrick)

L 3-1 vs. Chelsea in the Community Shield (Rooney)

Shevchenko scored two in as many minutes for them - he can’t even get on

the pitch IRL!!

W 2-0 at home to Sunderland (Ronaldo 2)

W 2-1 away to Tottenham (Rooney, Ronaldo pen)

W 3-1 at home to Birmingham (Ronaldo 2, Giggs)

Going well so far I think!!

T.V.

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hitmann:

I've sold Saha and am on the verge of siging Adriano. I also need an AMR to cover Cristiano. No sure Fletcher can do the job. Any one got some affordable suggestions?

Belluschi from River. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I missed him. Bayern have signed him for 7m.

Is Cardenas strong enough for the first season?

Goalkeepers are incredibly overpriced. I could not even get a look at a keeper for less than 15 million.

Ben Foster not good enough for first-team.

Lloris was on Int duty, had to use Foster vs Chelsea, and he let in a 35 yard deflected (slow) free kick, and stood around whilst they headed in their 2nd.

icon_mad.gif

hi lads. just wanted your opinions really.

i'm in first season and just got to the end of december. i wanted to offload luis saha coz i have enough strikers. this is what juventus offered.

4.3 mil over 24 months,550k after 10 goals, PLUS DEL PIERO

now i know i was offloading saha coz i had sufficient backup but i dunno whether this is too good to turn down.

strikers i already have, villa,tevez,rooney and cesar delgado(on loan for WP)

What would u do?

bytheway:

Sell Saha. Dl Piero is a pretty good utility forward. Good enough replacement for saha, and also backup for the AMLC positions. Giggs can be stupidly good as a striker in this verison, so don't be worried about having enough backup.

phantom:

Fletcher. 8.25 mil is a steal. Don't bother with replacing him. You already have Carrick and Hargreaves, with Pique, O'Shea and Gibson able to provide secondary backup.

Replace Fletcher? Why would you? There are 5 brilliant CM's. He's useless compared to them. And btw davidbowie-nice name-Foster is one of the best ,if not the best goalkeepers in world a few years on. His stats are amazing.

Originally posted by Evon:

Replace Fletcher? Why would you? There are 5 brilliant CM's. He's useless compared to them. And btw davidbowie-nice name-Foster is one of the best, if not the best goalkeepers in world a few years on. His stats are amazing.

Evon such a stickler for punctuation. icon_biggrin.gif

Foster is not as good at one on ones and reflexes as lloris, plus all my scouts and coaches say he has reached his limit of developement, and that is only as a "good" premiership player.

All my coaches and scouts say "Lloris is better than Foster" and that he has the potential to be alot better than Ben Fosters current ability (which as said above is basically his limit). He is rated as Leading Premiership Potential.

-----------

Ronaldo on the left wing with this arrow:

Formation

Is brilliant. If he picks up the ball on his wing, he will cut inside, pass and try to get it back or try to beat his man on the outside and cross, if the ball is picked up on the opposite wing he runs inside and offers another problem for the defence.

So good I've now moved him to retrain him as as striker, and moved him to my striker training, to improve his finishing.

e 1 2 3 4 5

Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

[x]

Site The SI Community

Servlet eve2da026

Version 1.2.20 build 8861

Module Forums 4.0.3

Stylesheet "SI 2007 FM"

Wordlet Set "Default Wordlet Set"

Logout: The SI Community

Update Groupee Account

I just won everything in my 2nd season, bar the FA Cup (runner up)

The board has given me 45m to spend icon_biggrin.gif

Needed a Left back to cover Evra and I went for Baines...10mil

Needed a Scholes replacement and went for Modric...11million

Now I need a striker, and a very good one at that. I had injury nightmares last season where Saha, Owen, Rooney and Tevez were all out and it was up to Scholes to lead the line in a 4-5-1. Dont want that happening again! I think I may go for Pato. Hes gonna cost me about 20mil but from what I've heard its money well spent

Enda89ie:

Do you have a french guy named Jean-Luc Vasseur in your game? In my game he was at Paris Saint-Germian as a youth coach.

Also, see if you can get Asamoah Gyan. Has 19 for Jumping, 18 for Heading, 18 for Finishing, etc etc etc. You might be able to buy him.

He has 7 stars in Defence and Tactics (I use him as Defence coach, replacing Quiroz), 14 for Working With Youngsters, 17 for Player Potential, 15 for Ability, 15 for Tactical Knowledge and 15 for Discipline.

jonahno6: Anyone who you can find that is rated as a future leading premiership keeper. Foster according to my scouts at least (click on the player, then Coach Reports, and you can push the up and down keyboard arrow key to see reports from each coach/scout) is only going to be a good premiership player.

Foster is a good backup though, I just got him to sign a 5 year deal on "rotation" for 13.25k a week. As long as he gets a few league cup games, a FA cup game and a few premiership games here and there he should remain happy, hopefully.

Hello All,

I haven’t been on the forum in ages but I’m back!

My PC is so slow so I’m only into the January 09 transfer window. Here’s the story of my game so far:-

Season 07/08

Ins: Rocchi – ST from Lazio for £11.25 mil

Saivet – ST from Bordeaux (free – youth)

Outs: Pique – sold to AC Milan for £18 mil

Rocchi provided good back up to Rooney and Tevez and weighed in with a few goals. Tevez scored 37 in all comps and Rooney got over 20 with lots of assists and was supporters player of the year.

I didn’t want to sell Pique but he was unsettled, wouldn’t sign a new contract and only had a year left on his current contract.

O’Shea and Fletcher were surprisingly star performers for me also.

I didn’t transfer list anyone and had a £25 mil offer from Barca for Evra but I rejcted it.

I won the league on goal difference from Chelsea but was so far clear, I started messing around with the team. I also won the CL beating Inter in the final thanks to Rooney’s hat-trick.

I bombed out of the Carling Cup and F.A. Cup quite early so the board were not happy with that.

BTW, England won Euro 2008 beating Italy on pens in the final!

Season 08/09 (up to January 09)

Ins: None

Outs: Kusczak – to Villa for £4.4 mil

Lost to Arsenal 5-1 in the community shield which went down like a lead balloon. In my defence, I had players injured and at the Olympics so only had 5 first teamers playing. Also dumped out of the Carling Cup at the first hurdle by Chelsea again.

I am third in the league behind Chelsea and Arsenal (about 6 points behind) and haven’t played in the FA Cup yet.

I did beat Celtic in the Euro Super Cup and beat Boca in the World Club Champioship final so the board were pleased with that.

Possible transfer targets:

I have £55 mil to spend and £7.5 mil has gone on Breno. His WP has gone to appeal so fingers crossed.

I am also trying to get Pato from AC Milan…. Is he worth it?

I would like to buy the following (but probably can’t afford it):-

A new first choice GK (Foster wants to leave)

A young back up left back for Evra

A young back up right back for Neville – does Simpson turn out to be good.

A young winger

A young striker.

Any suggestions?

Who are the best young players on the game for each position?

Thanks,

Duds

Started a game with Man United this morning, As I only got the game this morning thanks to royal mail! icon_mad.gif I have been looking around at some good youngsters and tactics but have failed to find a tactic that works well week in week out! can anyone help me?

The only player I have signed is Luka Modric for 3.5 mill. scored on his debut and set up a few goals allready. looks to be a steal!

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hitmann:

I've sold Saha and am on the verge of siging Adriano. I also need an AMR to cover Cristiano. No sure Fletcher can do the job. Any one got some affordable suggestions?

Belluschi from River. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I 2nd that. Had him in the demo. Great player and scores goals too. Fans did not like him at the start though and I have no idea why.

Originally posted by Enda89ie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">e 1 2 3 4 5

Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

[x]

Site The SI Community

Servlet eve2da026

Version 1.2.20 build 8861

Module Forums 4.0.3

Stylesheet "SI 2007 FM"

Wordlet Set "Default Wordlet Set"

Logout: The SI Community

Update Groupee Account

I just won everything in my 2nd season, bar the FA Cup (runner up)

The board has given me 45m to spend icon_biggrin.gif

Needed a Left back to cover Evra and I went for Baines...10mil

Needed a Scholes replacement and went for Modric...11million

Now I need a striker, and a very good one at that. I had injury nightmares last season where Saha, Owen, Rooney and Tevez were all out and it was up to Scholes to lead the line in a 4-5-1. Dont want that happening again! I think I may go for Pato. Hes gonna cost me about 20mil but from what I've heard its money well spent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Striker = Rodrigo Palacio. Brilliant and works well as lone striker or with Tevez or Rooney. 24 games 18 goals for me on demo. I think he cost 10m.

Just read the thread and I appear to be the only person who has signed Dean Ashton. Signed him for £10m and has turned out to be incredible.

10 goals in 11 games anyone?

He's a good target man to have and has strong technical stats. Gets a few assits and always seems to play the clever ball.

He reminds me of Sheringham for United when he played.

Would highly recommend him

Archived