[FM24] Caribbean Megapack + NACL rebuild [v2]

HI @V50, Using the megapack with Barbados specifically I have found some issues.

Continental/ Regional competition issues

- There's should be 5 subs for the NACC

- I'd assume its also 5 subs for the Caribbean club shield as well

- I noticed away goals is still in as well, and im not sure if it's used so i thought I'd still put it here anyway

Barbados Issues

- 5 subs for all leagues

- The republic cup round of 16 are decided even before the group stage is finish. The fixtures are already available even after a couple games, indicating that theres no specific qualification spots for it and you just get the winning prize money

- This might not be an error but, the Barbados seasons is running in the game for e.g 23/24 insted of just 2023. This lead to no Barbados premier league being held in 2024 at all and the next League season commenced in January 2025 although the season was listed as the 24/25 seasons.

- NOT A PROBLEM--> but I think the foreign limit should be increased with a limit being placed on how many can be in the squad for the Digicel Premier League

Edited by LeB8

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to everyone experiencing issues this year. It has been massively frustrating for me - I've done so many long term tests and that error never came up with the league not running or the other problems.

The 5 subs thing is something I've learnt since and will change for whenever I get time to update.

Thanks, and its absolutely no problem. No one else dives into the Caribbean like you and I personally really appreciate that. It brings new fun seeing countries you are from and so close to being able to be played with and seeing them develop

NB: I advanced forward and the league season for 2026 will take place, so it may just be a problem that I started in January 2023 in Barbados, which caused the season not to take place. (not sure though.)

13 hours ago, V50 said:

I'm sorry to everyone experiencing issues this year. It has been massively frustrating for me - I've done so many long term tests and that error never came up with the league not running or the other problems.

The 5 subs thing is something I've learnt since and will change for whenever I get time to update.

You did an awesome job! Forgetting things or not getting everything right is only human and some are just editor limitations. So don't worry!

Edited by Jorgen

On 09/02/2024 at 02:52, LeB8 said:

HI @V50, Using the megapack with Barbados specifically I have found some issues.

Continental/ Regional competition issues

- There's should be 5 subs for the NACC

- I'd assume its also 5 subs for the Caribbean club shield as well

- I noticed away goals is still in as well, and im not sure if it's used so i thought I'd still put it here anyway

Barbados Issues

- 5 subs for all leagues

- The republic cup round of 16 are decided even before the group stage is finish. The fixtures are already available even after a couple games, indicating that theres no specific qualification spots for it and you just get the winning prize money

- This might not be an error but, the Barbados seasons is running in the game for e.g 23/24 insted of just 2023. This lead to no Barbados premier league being held in 2024 at all and the next League season commenced in January 2025 although the season was listed as the 24/25 seasons.

- NOT A PROBLEM--> but I think the foreign limit should be increased with a limit being placed on how many can be in the squad for the Digicel Premier League

All this done for next update, except foreign player rules (BFA website went down today so couldn't check, but I set it to regulations) and away goals (still a rule AFAIK). The skipping a year took an hour to figure out - it needed an update day set to the same as the nation (I previously set this blank, and what happens was pre-season friendlies for 2023 were set in September 2023 instead of 2022...)

On 04/02/2024 at 15:43, Jorgen said:

What is the exact way it should work?

Be champion in season 1 → play in the Shield in season 2 → advance to the Cup in the same season (also season 2) → advance to the CCC in season 3? → advance to the FIFA CWC when it plays the next time?
At the moment the amount of teams that advance in my game is like this: only 1 from Shield to Cup and 3 from Cup to CL (nr 2 and 3 to first round; and nr 1 direct by to following round of 16)

In my previouis post I checked the last years of the competiton (2060's/2070s)
Now, I've checked the first years (2023 onwards and 2035 onwards and 2045 onwards)

The nr 1 and nr 2 of the Caribbean Shield advance to the Caribbean Cup in the same year. This happens in each of the decades that I checked
The nr 2 and 3 of the Caribbean Cup advance to the first round of the Concacaf CL 2 years later when looking at the 2020s and the first part 2030s. It changes in the 2nd half of this decade: In 2036 Waterhouse (nr 2) and Pantoja (nr 3) qualify for the 2038 CL, but in 2037 something strange happens. Tivoli (nr 2) and Defence Force (nr) don't qualify at all. Not for 2037/2038/2039. Instead the following year, which is 2038, TLH (nr 2) and W Connection (nr 3) qualify for the CL first round of 2039. Some years later the 2 year gap continues.

I checked all number ones of the Caribbean Cup between 2023 and 2073. They all advance to the round of 16 of the CL.

At the moment these are the editor files I used. These are all of your files, TMC's files, Saints Canada's Canada fix, 4 central american leagues and realism files by Daveincid, and Susie's Transferupdate

(not included in the screenshot are some files for esthetic purposes only)

image.png.fab26bed238ee80b2ace89db6d2265ea.png

If you want I can send you my save game

Infuriatingly, this is now reproducing in my tests...

Just now, V50 said:

Infuriatingly, this is now reproducing in my tests...

Did you test it with only your files, or with the America and Canada files of TMC and SaintsCanada too?

9 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

Did you test it with only your files, or with the America and Canada files of TMC and SaintsCanada too?

Just mine, it's apparent when 2023 and 2024 have the same entrants. This could be a consequence of me separating the Caribbean Cup into a separate file instead of having them together... I'll fix it tomorrow if I get a chance. 

28 minutes ago, V50 said:

Just mine, it's apparent when 2023 and 2024 have the same entrants. This could be a consequence of me separating the Caribbean Cup into a separate file instead of having them together... I'll fix it tomorrow if I get a chance. 

Then I'll wait starting a career. I really like the logo of Sandy Point Football Club (Saint Kitts and Nevis) so I want to manage them.

18 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

@V50 Have you got some clues on what in-game event is causing it?

No clue, I have somehow made it worse - it now regularly skips every other year and 2024-2025 don't happen as games are scheduled for 2026 in 2024?  Typically this is caused by a competition not finishing in time or some error in setup dates...

12 minutes ago, V50 said:

No clue, I have somehow made it worse - it now regularly skips every other year and 2024-2025 don't happen as games are scheduled for 2026 in 2024?  Typically this is caused by a competition not finishing in time or some error in setup dates...

I have no useful experience in the editor concerning creating cups and competitons. Three of the most heared solutions on these forums are (1) hidden stages; (2) competitions starting/ending dates; or (3) Some settings in the editor have check boxes or other items in multiple different places. Maybe there is a setting in your competition that is triggered on another page in the editor. Some in-game things I recall reading about are fixture conjunction, especially regarding the world cup. All these might have absolutely nothing to do with your cups, but I thought I should suggest it anyway.

Edit: Perhals @themodelcitizen or @Wolf_pd know how to help you fix this

Edited by Jorgen

On 16/02/2024 at 14:46, V50 said:

All this done for next update, except foreign player rules (BFA website went down today so couldn't check, but I set it to regulations) and away goals (still a rule AFAIK). The skipping a year took an hour to figure out - it needed an update day set to the same as the nation (I previously set this blank, and what happens was pre-season friendlies for 2023 were set in September 2023 instead of 2022...)

Ok great Thanks.

Also, another thing, could you switch Barbados national team home games to the Wildey Astro Turf. This is where they've been playing for a while now, as the National Stadium they played at before is run down and now going into refurbishment

On 17/02/2024 at 19:25, Jorgen said:

@V50 Have you got some clues on what in-game event is causing it?

Back to 2 years behind, except randomly it's one year...

Hello, this is some amazing work!

I’m looking to start in El Salvador but all the files I find have incorrect league structures.

I have been working with timos file in the editor but can’t get passed error messages when I correct the format.

if anyone knows a file with the correct format please let me know, thank you guys!  

On 22/02/2024 at 21:21, dillonbarrett1997 said:

Hello, this is some amazing work!

I’m looking to start in El Salvador but all the files I find have incorrect league structures.

I have been working with timos file in the editor but can’t get passed error messages when I correct the format.

if anyone knows a file with the correct format please let me know, thank you guys!  

I am nearly done remaking all the concacaf ones to fix bugs...

19 hours ago, dillonbarrett1997 said:

Awesome! Ive been attempting El Salvador for the past 5 days and the editor is giving me a headache lol. Keeps saying it can’t find the teams for the playoff rounds 

Oh sorry I meant the continental cups. If you send me the file I might be able to help, typically that error is about the qualification rules. Check that the next stage number/main name is correct, and check that the "teams" for the playoff rounds are correctly entered (it's easy to put in the information incorrect, you need the name that they qualified for (e.g. quarter final) and then the stage you are looking for (e.g. "1").

• V50 changed the title to [FM24] Caribbean Megapack + NACL rebuild [v2]

And now when I go to play my game, it crashes February 13th... 6 tests, no crashes at all, when I want to play, repeatable crash when the first round of NACL games are played.

I am upset.

But another test from scratch with no changes to the files gets past February 13th...

Edited by V50

10 hours ago, V50 said:

And now when I go to play my game, it crashes February 13th... 6 tests, no crashes at all, when I want to play, repeatable crash when the first round of NACL games are played.

I am upset.

But another test from scratch with no changes to the files gets past February 13th...

I have used your files in a test combined with England level 10 and Scotland level 13. I holiday'ed without any problems. It's 01 may 2026 in my game. Not sure if it'll be different from normal playing

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great file.

Should teams from French Guiana be qualifying for the French Cup?  Teams from Guadeloupe and Martinique are showing in the sixth round but I haven't been able to find any clubs from FG.

5 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

Thanks for the great file.

Should teams from French Guiana be qualifying for the French Cup?  Teams from Guadeloupe and Martinique are showing in the sixth round but I haven't been able to find any clubs from FG.

Only if you also load France.

Daveinced fixed the Coupe de France to let Overseas teams field the right players

14 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Only if you also load France.

Daveinced fixed the Coupe de France to let Overseas teams field the right players

This is interesting, I hadn't looked at any finer details.

I did have the French League loaded, so was able to see the Martinique and Guadeloupe clubs entering the competition.  I will check again later.

2 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

This is interesting, I hadn't looked at any finer details.

I did have the French League loaded, so was able to see the Martinique and Guadeloupe clubs entering the competition.  I will check again later.

It would be a great addition to V50's pack