[FM24] Caribbean Megapack + NACL rebuild [v2]

16 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'm not surprised, just always enjoy the unique alt-nation regen clubs that appear around the world. Great work building even more depth into your Caribbean Megapack! Doing my best to stay the course in Barbados and claim that elusive YAC completion. My goal is to start a new adventure in the new year, probably with a British Territory nation with full England loaded to see how hard it is to keep players. Once I got Barbados' ranking near the MLS it actually became very easy to hold onto players as only the Middle East pressure would unsettle them.

Hah well if you pick BVI you'll come across "Old Madrid" - a team for older players. They're currently propping the bottom of the table up. Turks and Caicos has two(!) out of the 6 top flight teams producing Haitian regen players.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, V50 said:

Hah well if you pick BVI you'll come across "Old Madrid" - a team for older players. They're currently propping the bottom of the table up. Turks and Caicos has two(!) out of the 6 top flight teams producing Haitian regen players.

That's interesting. Just googled "Haitians in BVI" and it totally makes sense they'd have waves of migrants coming over

3 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Thanks for the shoutout @V50 for my Barbados adventure! For those wanting to see FM heartbreak here's my 2059 NACL Final Defeat: 

Having played a couple long saves (30+ Seasons) in the region I have some recommendations for game setup for those starting a save in the Caribbean for the first time. All these Recommendations are based on playing the FM23 version of this Megapack:

1.  Make sure to check the advanced options for "international players" and "all players at topflight clubs " for North America. If you don't, most Caribbean leagues you don't load will be empty of players. To make double sure you can also add the regional Caribbean option or any specific nations you aren't loading.
  2. Either load a Caribbean topflight as playable or don't bother activating it. Like the above I've seen view only not actually provide players like you see in Europe.
  3. If you want a Strong Caribbean Cup
    1. Load the Top Caribbean Nations: Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, & Haiti
    2. Load all the '2nd Rung' Caribbean Nations (start with top teams professional): Barbados, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, & Martinique.
    3. Then if you have the computer power you can add some of the other stronger generating Caribbean nations like Guadeloupe Curacao, Antigua and Barbuda. Also consider the South American nations in CONCACAF: Suriname, French Guiana & Guyana.
  4. If you want a stronger NACL:
    1. I would add a database for Costa Rica + 1 additional Central American Nation. This will make it so you actually have a chance of not playing only Liga Mx teams in the NACL. 
    2. Don't forget about the Canadian Premier League. They have good facilities and some money and will keep medium-level teams that can be great for transfers/loans as well as providing a rare upset in the NACL.
    3. Should be obvious, but you absolutely need MLS & Liga Mx as playable. Mexico will dominate the NACL as the AI sucks at transfers in the MLS
  5.  In advanced options I would also go into the USA specifically and select loading players into the USL championship as it will help the MLS with more domestic players to pick up when they inevitably mess up international transfers. 
  6. If you want European Transfers: Activate Netherlands & France Top Flights as Playable as well as England Champ+Premier. There are a lot of British, French & Dutch second nationalities in the Caribbean and if you generate a high potential one and you want to truly fight to hold onto them you'll need these leagues playable for realistic transfer pressure. A plus side is these nations will also generate Caribbean youngsters

Do you have a link to the costa rica db you're using? I haven't been able to find one anywhere

3 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Bummer, now I really need to lead them to a final glory!

I see there is a Benfica in Barbados now! Do they generate Portuguese players by any chance?!?

Not quite; however, the St. Andrew Lions of the Premier League, if I'm correct, previously had a few Brazilian, Portuguese, and other foreign players. I'm not sure where they got them from but if that could be implemented, that'd be nice. 😂

3 hours ago, gooseta said:

Do you have a link to the costa rica db you're using? I haven't been able to find one anywhere

I was playing fm23 so I think it was part of the Timo megapack or something. Doesn't seem to be any fm24 on the forum. any simple db will work that activates the league. Just make sure it doesnt touch anything outside the nation.

Quick look on steam:

Timo has a Nicaragua one out

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3102970760

Kasi has El Salvador & belize

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3094717042

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3087743849

@LeB8 Struggling with some of them. Can't find a thing on Hilaby FC and all I know about Orange Hill is that they wear white and red. Nothing on Trents FC, George Park, or Shilling Square

Edited by V50

On 03/12/2023 at 16:30, Ox said:

I share the file with the Guadeloupe league using your database with advanced rules. Since the last update they have a bug that identifies it as a European competition. But it works perfectly in the game. I don't know if you can find the error and fix it.

Guadalupe 24.2 ver 5.fmf 30.31 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry I'm confused, what happens? Is this a problem with my file or your file?

On 02/12/2023 at 23:22, gooseta said:

Did you add stadium names btw? There's a couple of errors in trinbago, some are hard to verify but there's a few you can find reliable info for if you want me to post them here or make a file

Let me know any issues, but I've not gone too deep when it comes to the stadia for specific small clubs. I'm aware of a whole bunch of random playing fields, but try not to bloat the database with them all

On 03/12/2023 at 00:16, gooseta said:

Trinidad and tobago transfer window should be roughly April 20 to May 17 (transfermarkt says may 17, random article i found says may 10)

Guyana windows are only a bit off but should be Jan 1 to 31 and June 1 to July 31 (source)

haiti shows up as 2002, not sure if this makes any difference in game
image.png.4dfbbeea00829f814d58860d534c2773.png
Can you edit windows with the in game editor? Otherwise I might have to start a new save for now :(. May give Guyana a try but may wait for your update

I have no idea why it's done that, I've confirmed they are okay in the editor;

image.png.9187cb3604bb00bb51f28bc7cce0ecd9.png

On 03/12/2023 at 00:16, gooseta said:

Trinidad and tobago transfer window should be roughly April 20 to May 17 (transfermarkt says may 17, random article i found says may 10)

Guyana windows are only a bit off but should be Jan 1 to 31 and June 1 to July 31 (source)

haiti shows up as 2002, not sure if this makes any difference in game
image.png.4dfbbeea00829f814d58860d534c2773.png
Can you edit windows with the in game editor? Otherwise I might have to start a new save for now :(. May give Guyana a try but may wait for your update

In terms of Transfer windows, Trinidad's league has changed when it happens, so the April-May window doesn't make sense for them next year. There must have been a reason I set the windows a week later than normal, but the reason escapes me... I'll leave it for now.

I was thinking about that Coupe de France bug where the Guadeloupéen teams etc fail to meet the non-EU rule, you could always give them all French second nationality and put the Gwada "regions" in France so newgens would be born with both. Bit of a brutal workaround mind you

hace 2 horas, V50 dijo:

Sorry I'm confused, what happens? Is this a problem with my file or your file?

Sorry I didn't express myself correctly. With your patch, simulate about ten seasons and the Caribbean Cup does not link with the Champions League.

I share my file in case anyone wants to make the Guadalupe league more realistic. But keep in mind that it has an error where you cannot choose the start date, the structure is 100% real.

59 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I was thinking about that Coupe de France bug where the Guadeloupéen teams etc fail to meet the non-EU rule, you could always give them all French second nationality and put the Gwada "regions" in France so newgens would be born with both. Bit of a brutal workaround mind you

Yea a bit crazy. Guadeloupean players all have french as a second nationality though?

Edited by V50

13 minutes ago, Ox said:

Sorry I didn't express myself correctly. With your patch, simulate about ten seasons and the Caribbean Cup does not link with the Champions League.

I share my file in case anyone wants to make the Guadalupe league more realistic. But keep in mind that it has an error where you cannot choose the start date, the structure is 100% real.

Ah do you mean that the Caribbean Cup isn't within the Champions League like the base game? That's by design - the winners, runners up and third place of the Caribbean Cup go into the Champions League just like real life. 

3 hours ago, V50 said:

Yea a bit crazy. Guadeloupean players all have french as a second nationality though?

Ahh you know I was thinking of the Pacific islands where that happens, forgot which thread I saw it in though and assumed it was here with Guadeloupe/Martinique

Speaking of which, Ligue Antilles is a fun one to add too, I think I had to use 3 rotating formats to get the hosting right last year

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Ahh you know I was thinking of the Pacific islands where that happens, forgot which thread I saw it in though and assumed it was here with Guadeloupe/Martinique

Speaking of which, Ligue Antilles is a fun one to add too, I think I had to use 3 rotating formats to get the hosting right last year

I've made it in the past, clearly forgot it this year. I'm game - rotating hosts isn't that hard in the advanced editor. 

I need to update anyway, For some unknown reason clubs in the Republic Cup don't get a qualified marker when they finish top 2 in their group. Can't seem to fix it... 

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I have done it, Ligue des Antilles with dynamic reps. I didn't bother having the qualifying stage, it just picks the best teams from all 4, with a 2nd place slot for the best team and a playoff place for the worst nation's 1st team. 

IRL it's just the host 4 teams getting in at the QFs, with the other countries starting 1 round earlier and only playing in-country for the first couple of rounds, it's just the stages are really confusing at first glance. Like the host's semi-finals are one round later than everyone else's because they get 2 teams in the last 4 instead of 1. So it's a judgment call how to display that in-game

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

IRL it's just the host 4 teams getting in at the QFs, with the other countries starting 1 round earlier and only playing in-country for the first couple of rounds, it's just the stages are really confusing at first glance. Like the host's semi-finals are one round later than everyone else's because they get 2 teams in the last 4 instead of 1. So it's a judgment call how to display that in-game

That sounds very confusing. I interpreted the finals tournament as having 5 teams - the host's second place (I decided to pick the most reputable) and Saint Martin's team playing a playoff to enter the semi-finals. 

Sorry I misspoke, looking at RSSSF I can remember the setup now. Each of the three leagues sends 4 teams, but in terms of the final 4, it's 2 from the host, plus one each from the other two islands (so the other islands play one extra knockout round on their own island to reduce their numbers).

PLUS they've added that Saint Martin team, who slot into a special playoff against one of the 2 host teams (who won their qualifying match) before the final 4 starts.

Lol, confusing as hell but intuitive once you realize what they're doing, my CONCACAF redux for FM23 was able to reproduce it

On 04/12/2023 at 08:11, V50 said:

@LeB8 Struggling with some of them. Can't find a thing on Hilaby FC and all I know about Orange Hill is that they wear white and red. Nothing on Trents FC, George Park, or Shilling Square

All I know about those teams is that Hillaby FC plays at Bridgefield,, you could place Orange Hill at Orange Hill Pasture and Shill Square was established in 2011. I don't know much about them either. If i am able to get some information on them I'll let you know

Edited by LeB8

22 hours ago, V50 said:

Is the non-EU thing happening to Gwada clubs? Realized this looking at the thread about Pacific islands, but if so, I wonder if the Coupe de France is applying the "non-EU" rule to Guadeloupe instead of France, and if so, whether just adding the EU (or just France) to "nations treated as EU" for Guadeloupe would help 

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should the French Guiana and Saint-Martin leagues use the French regional scoring system of 4/2/1? They currently have the default 3/1/0 in your files.

Saint-Bathélemy too, but the tables I could find use 3/1/0, so maybe they're the exception.

2 hours ago, howabe said:

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should the French Guiana and Saint-Martin leagues use the French regional scoring system of 4/2/1? They currently have the default 3/1/0 in your files.

Saint-Bathélemy too, but the tables I could find use 3/1/0, so maybe they're the exception.

That's very weird as I have set it to 4 2 1 in the file? I'll check later but it definitely had that before

10 minutes ago, V50 said:

That's very weird as I have set it to 4 2 1 in the file? I'll check later but it definitely had that before

image.png.d04ba6c6066b999ed9c415cd02ad1ce3.png

I'm 99.9% certain nothing extra on my end is causing it, but you can see above that it's using 3/1/0.

59 minutes ago, howabe said:

image.png.d04ba6c6066b999ed9c415cd02ad1ce3.png

I'm 99.9% certain nothing extra on my end is causing it, but you can see above that it's using 3/1/0.

Thanks for spotting this - it seems to have randomly reset the points for some of the leagues when I loaded last year's. For example, French Guiana top division is wrong but second division is right?

It looks like French Guiana is the only country affected, which is very weird.

Edited by V50

20 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is the non-EU thing happening to Gwada clubs? Realized this looking at the thread about Pacific islands, but if so, I wonder if the Coupe de France is applying the "non-EU" rule to Guadeloupe instead of France, and if so, whether just adding the EU (or just France) to "nations treated as EU" for Guadeloupe would help 

Yes, I downloaded the DB to try and see if it worked. Just Like with the Pacific Islands nations (even with french 2nd nationality) it treats all players as non-eu.

Just curious are you able to get the French Territories to qualify for the Coupe de France through your mod-files, or will that take an additional France LL database to extend the cup down? I've never really played France so have no idea where the Vanila cup starts.

Saw the Bug @themodelcitizen referenced for New Caldonia in FM23, I'm assuming this is still the case in FM24 and they weren't able to fix it? Comment says it extended to Martinique.

1 minute ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Just curious are you able to get the French Territories to qualify for the Coupe de France through your mod-files, or will that take an additional France LL database to extend the cup down? I've never really played France so have no idea where the Vanila cup starts.

Saw the Bug @themodelcitizen referenced for New Caldonia in FM23, I'm assuming this is still the case in FM24 and they weren't able to fix it? Comment says it extended to Martinique.

There is no problem with teams not qualifying. The problem is when you get to the matchday as an overseas club, you can't play any of your player's.

2 minutes ago, valdeOLENCOOL said:

There is no problem with teams not qualifying. The problem is when you get to the matchday as an overseas club, you can't play any of your player's.

For your save, do you need France active to join the cup, or will it work with just View Only / Not activated? And I'm assuming it works without any additional France LL enabled?

If you for some reason get around to fixing the French Cup (hopefully for all the overseas teams) 

The nations with 2 participents in the cup French Guiana and Guadeloupe (Mayotte and Reunion) have from this year started to play a play-off tie (in the 7th round or overseas playoff ties) and go into the 8th round to save on travelling cost.

Saint Pierre & Miquelon is overseas nation which club doesn't start in the 7th round, but instead in the 3rd round.

(If not I'll try to see what I can do when I can afford the editor)

Edited by valdeOLENCOOL

4 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

For your save, do you need France active to join the cup, or will it work with just View Only / Not activated? And I'm assuming it works without any additional France LL enabled?

Well it doesn't work while not activated (not sure about view only) and no I don't have extra French LL enabled. 

But the french cup is still unplayable as an overseas club as you can only pick 4 non-greyed out players. 

That's beyond my pay grade! The game should, in theory, pull the winner of the Coupe de France regional cups I have made as part of the base game. 

4 hours ago, V50 said:

That's beyond my pay grade! The game should, in theory, pull the winner of the Coupe de France regional cups I have made as part of the base game. 

I guess you would have to make a complete overhaul of the French system to fix it? Also it's only 7260 clubs if you were to add the Coupe de France from round. (that's included all teams in the Carribeans nations Coupe de France which is apparently counted as a regional rounds for Coupe de France with the winner qualifying for the eight round)

Idk if this is possible, but is there a possibily to make the french oversea territories leagues to be french? With their leagues only being connected with their own? If that makes sense?

Edited by valdeOLENCOOL

Great work, I used it a lot on FM 23, I was wondering if you could add the Central American leagues to your pack? Costa Rica, Honduras etc, I really miss these leagues and I can't find them with someone trying to reproduce at least close to the real life format, thanks.

7 hours ago, LZmaster said:

Very nice work! Only thing I have spotted so far is that there are no semi-finals in the Caribbean Cup.

By design - the group stages lead straight to a 3rd place for the 2nd place teams in the group and a final for the top 2, as per the real-world format.

It was super annoying to make if you're wondering, lol

Edited by V50

On 06/12/2023 at 15:50, valdeOLENCOOL said:

Idk if this is possible, but is there a possibily to make the french oversea territories leagues to be french? With their leagues only being connected with their own? If that makes sense?

Check the thread in the main editor's forum, but there's a fix (at least to drop the rule entirely) if you enable France and edit the rule accordingly so it only applies to teams based in France

3 hours ago, Darrylv444 said:

Great work - quick question. Is it possible to qualify for the North american champions league with a Caribbean team?

If so is this done via winning the Caribbean cups or via league rep?

Qualify by placing 1st-3trd in the Caribbean cup. Higher league rep means you start later (lowest ranked teams get very early round entry, top 4 get 1st and 2nd in the Caribbean Cup, skipping the Shield entirely)

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2023 at 10:46, oche balboa said:

Don't think their is a cup competition in Anguilla 

in my reseach I couldn't find a mens senior cup (other than a school cup with colours/(houses?) as the teams?)

402900272_885793883399018_5340206016694178656_n.jpg

Edited by valdeOLENCOOL

Okay it just seems like they have moved the dates of the competitions being the reason why there was no 2023 cup?
https://twitter.com/AnguillianFooty/status/1594415513542737921/

With the first games of the cup in 2022 being in 20th of november and it ending December 18th?

With one of the teams claiming their first game in the 2024 competition to be January 16th

Edited by valdeOLENCOOL

So after having a look at the DB and having a word with a Media Officer from one of the clubs in the league the database seems off.

So the President Cup will run from January-February with the 9 clubs being split into 2 groups, all teams player eachother once where top 2 from each group going to the semi-final.
There has been 3 editions of the Presidents Cup
2022 Attackers - Doc's United 2-2 (aet, 5-3 pen)

2018 ???

2017 Enforcers - Kicks United 1-1 (5-6 pens)

So there is some changes to the League as well. So after the regular season there is 2 seperate extra leagues. So top 5 qualifies for the Champions League. In this league each team plays eachother once with top team crowned champions. Bottom 4 qualifies for the Development League, again each team plays eachother once. But after all games, it goes into a knockout format with 1st playing 4th and 2nd playing 3rd in a Semi-Final. Then there is a 3rd place playoff and a final where the winner of the final is crowned champions of the development league.

Skærmbillede 2023-12-28 185601.png

Edited by valdeOLENCOOL