• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Version history

V1 - initial release 1st December 2023

V1.1 - fix Guadeloupe verification 1/12

v1.2 - forgot Cayman Islands! 1/12

v1.3 - Forgot Puerto Rico!  thanks to @themodelcitizen for a bug fix in the shield

V1.4 - Reworked Barbados now has accurate league structure and 4 divisions (Premier down to D3). Cuba home player restrictions made reasonable. Haiti fixed (D2 wasn't working, was broken).  5/`1

v1.4.1 - Fix to Bajan Republic Cup - wasn't sorting right, couldn't fix the lack of Q's for group winners

v1.5 - Ligue des Antilles with dynamic decisions (i.e. if you improve Saint-Martin's standard in the world you'll get two slots instead of just one) 5/12

v1.5.1 - points now correct for French Antilles, thanks to @howabe 6/12

v1.6 - Anguilla President's cup, transfer window fix for Trinidad (it would give you 4 messages for the start of each one in the leagues, for some reason, no impact on gameplay that I could see). 

v1.7 - Trinidad transfer window fix, up to date fixture timings so there is no clash with the champs leaguesemi finals now in play for Caribbean Cup, Trinidad has up to date league with 15 instead of 11 teams in second tier. 

v2 - big bug fixes. CONCACAF competitions remade into one file, which fixes the qualification of clubs. For example, as a smaller nation you start in the Shield in August, qualify for the Caribbean Cup in September, then play in the Champions League in February of next year. Reputations now seem to change so I maybe fixed that? Barbados updates.

Edited by V50

Re: the Carib Shield, since it's using "get qualified teams" does it need a league to be active in order to get that team? I wonder if "get best teams from vision" would work similarly? Then you can rank by last position and avoid the need for hidden stages.

But more importantly the rankings are glitched and that's why you need that "add history record" entry (usually a sign of problems elsewhere), in the competition's overall "ranking level info" I don't think you need an entry for the semifinals. Normally you'd put "2" here, not "4", because only 2 teams are ending their competition and being assigned a ranking here (the other two teams being accounted for with the two entries for the finalists), but since you've got the third place game and those two relevant entries just above the semifinal entry, it's getting confused and trying to hand out different ranking to the same team. Drop that semifinal line completely (or both third place entries)

Sorry to poke holes, but is it possible Puerto Rico also gave the pack the slip?

I also noticed in the Transfer Preferences file, one of the entries for England has no nation specified (guessing it'd be TCI).

Edited by howabe

@V50 Very good job! I'm still on FM23, but when I'll buy FM24, I am definitely going to use your files. Want to do a Champions League hexagon in 1 save. I did won all the Champions Leagues in the 25 years I play FM, but never in 1 savegame. Thinking about using Cuba or Domincan Republic for this.

1 hour ago, howabe said:

Sorry to poke holes, but is it possible Puerto Rico also gave the pack the slip?

I also noticed in the Transfer Preferences file, one of the entries for England has no nation specified (guessing it'd be TCI).

Sigh, It is indeed possible. I'll add them, apologies

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Re: the Carib Shield, since it's using "get qualified teams" does it need a league to be active in order to get that team? I wonder if "get best teams from vision" would work similarly? Then you can rank by last position and avoid the need for hidden stages.

But more importantly the rankings are glitched and that's why you need that "add history record" entry (usually a sign of problems elsewhere), in the competition's overall "ranking level info" I don't think you need an entry for the semifinals. Normally you'd put "2" here, not "4", because only 2 teams are ending their competition and being assigned a ranking here (the other two teams being accounted for with the two entries for the finalists), but since you've got the third place game and those two relevant entries just above the semifinal entry, it's getting confused and trying to hand out different ranking to the same team. Drop that semifinal line completely (or both third place entries)

Leagues don't have to be active, as it doesn't actually get qualified teams, I have set up 3 hidden stages pulling 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each Caribbean league. 

Thanks for the spot about semi-finals, if I had spotted that before it would have cut a day off of my frustration, update will be in V1.4

Ahhh yeah I realized after. Nice work with the effectively dynamic places. I wonder if there's a way to do that with team pools in qualified teams, so that the worst third place teams don't think they've qualified when they actually haven't, but that's just opening another can of worms

31 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Ahhh yeah I realized after. Nice work with the effectively dynamic places. I wonder if there's a way to do that with team pools in qualified teams, so that the worst third place teams don't think they've qualified when they actually haven't, but that's just opening another can of worms

do you know if this would have any issues working alongside your concacaf clubs in libertadores file?

1 hour ago, gooseta said:

do you know if this would have any issues working alongside your concacaf clubs in libertadores file?

Not sure to be fair, I remade every NACL-based competition, but forgot they were involved in that

awesome. will definitely try this out, so how many qualified teams per season do you get into the concacaf champions league itself in total? 

Same as real life - Winner, runner up, and third place of the Caribbean Cup go into the NACL champions League

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I tried, I spend 2 weeks from release trying to get it working another way... It's annoying as if you click the "teams" part of the competition you can see the workings. It would do weird stuff, like randomly assign seeding, the first year it would work and then the second year the top 4 teams would just be put in the first round. I actually invented this method independently at first, but my method didn't work for some reason. It was only after reading @Palman's thread that I realised what I was doing wrong and had the confidence to put it through.  I think making a hidden stage stops them thinking they qualified, but not sure. I even considered making a dummy 1-rated competition for 3rd place teams to qualify them, but thought that might break something...

Domestic tables don't show qualification and I considered qualifying through individual leagues, but it would be impossible to verify and, again, it led to janky results when I tried it. 

One thing I've done is use a team pool, and every entry in the team pool is told to get a seeding a specific way, and then the "team pool" entry itself (in the larger list of teams) is set to sort by seeding (ascending). Not always reliable though and it looks like you've got a solid set-up, I always gave up on trying to make things dynamic so well done.

You could make domestic tables just show a ghost qualification, at least for the champion. Like add a fate action or top playoff rule or something telling it that's qualified for the Carib. Cup, even if that's never used anywhere (and then check "clear qualified teams" in the Carib. Cup so you can take full control like you have now). Then they'll at least get the news item/Board priority of qualifying maybe? And a "rule" in the league page saying winner qualifies for Carib. Shield.

I mean technically it is only 1 guaranteed spot, as the reputations probably reset every year before those are sorted so you wouldn't actually know for sure how many spots your league is getting if you're on the bubble, it's not 1 year in advance like the UEFA coefficients from what I can guess.

That file calls the default 27 CCL teams, but includes the CCL in order to cancel the knockouts (too many games). If you ran a file with just the Carib. tournaments (no CCL) then as long as they produce teams the same way it would work fine (I think by default the Carib. winner qualifies for CCL with a seeding of 0 and the other two teams get a different seeding). Otherwise my stuff is compatible by default

Hi, I noticed the Barbados leagues are pretty accurate; however, some teams do seem to be missing, and the leagues also started back and finished this year (2023). If you could add those missing teams plus division 3 that'd be great and also as the season starts in February 2024, updating the leagues based on recent relegations and promotions would be nice as well.

Edited by LeB8

8 hours ago, LeB8 said:

Hi, I noticed the Barbados leagues are pretty accurate; however, some teams do seem to be missing, and the leagues also started back and finished this year (2023). If you could add those missing teams plus division 3 that'd be great and also as the season starts in February 2024, updating the leagues based on recent relegations and promotions would be nice as well.

You likely have better info than me living in Barbados - the FA shut their website down so I wasn't able to get up-to-date info on Division 3. Looks like the Republic Cup changed format too...

Edited by V50

Not so much broken as much as the game doesn't magically know someone is HG, that stuff is all under "player data" for countries that need it (and the more well-researched nations). Looks like no one's filled that out for Cuba. You could do so with everyone over a certain CA but it would be a lot of work

That's strange - I'm guessing the computer can just ignore this restriction and that's why I didn't pick it up... I'll fix it when I do the next update (and I'll make Barbados a big thicker for @LeB8

3 hours ago, V50 said:

You likely have better info than me living in Barbados - the FA shut their website down so I wasn't able to get up-to-date info on Division 3. Looks like the Republic Cup changed format too...

Understandable of course. If you are willing to add these things in

Recent division 1 and 3 standings and updated teams

Recent division 2 standings and teams

If you could include the relegations and promotions that'd be great seeing as the new season will start in 2024 with these updated teams.

30 minutes ago, gooseta said:

Did you add stadium names btw? There's a couple of errors in trinbago, some are hard to verify but there's a few you can find reliable info for if you want me to post them here or make a file

Basically, I've not gone into granular detail for clubs and a couple stadiums are missing - happy if you post them to go through them when I update next.

1 hour ago, LeB8 said:

If you could include the relegations and promotions that'd be great seeing as the new season will start in 2024 with these updated teams.

For the Barbadian leagues aswell, I'm not sure if there are supposed to be qualification places to the North American Champions Cup, but if they are to be and it has been implemented, it doesn't seem to be working.

Trinidad and tobago transfer window should be roughly April 20 to May 17 (transfermarkt says may 17, random article i found says may 10)

Guyana windows are only a bit off but should be Jan 1 to 31 and June 1 to July 31 (source)

haiti shows up as 2002, not sure if this makes any difference in game
image.png.4dfbbeea00829f814d58860d534c2773.png
Can you edit windows with the in game editor? Otherwise I might have to start a new save for now :(. May give Guyana a try but may wait for your update

Edited by gooseta

9 hours ago, LeB8 said:

For the Barbadian leagues aswell, I'm not sure if there are supposed to be qualification places to the North American Champions Cup, but if they are to be and it has been implemented, it doesn't seem to be working.

They do qualify, top two teams go into the Caribbean Shield on game start.  Second place goes into the first Round;

image.thumb.png.52d1e2d110e1e5c43992f720846b7e0b.png

First place goes into Phase 1 Group stage;

image.thumb.png.cf76350d47fa60e50732bbb179799a94.png

8 hours ago, gooseta said:

Trinidad and tobago transfer window should be roughly April 20 to May 17 (transfermarkt says may 17, random article i found says may 10)

Guyana windows are only a bit off but should be Jan 1 to 31 and June 1 to July 31 (source)

haiti shows up as 2002, not sure if this makes any difference in game
image.png.4dfbbeea00829f814d58860d534c2773.png
Can you edit windows with the in game editor? Otherwise I might have to start a new save for now :(. May give Guyana a try but may wait for your update

I'll check if I've made a stupid mistake!

11 hours ago, LeB8 said:

It looks like I didn't account for the fact that I updated the BFA clubs in the official database, but didn't remove the changes I made in the file from last year :( I'll update the file as well as the official database.

I can't find out what the standings would be for 2024, as the latest data I could find is from the unfinished stage of this year;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr1f3C6uUY_/

https://www.facebook.com/BarbadosFA/photos/bfa-division-2-standings-/680013667469964/?paipv=0&eav=AfYSV9zHRxzmbXuAOnwPxfTjMI6k6G_W0Qk0H_OO3GykAUu9peBGLR--hBxo4igQVQM&_rdr

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsHLwbfOoLk/

If you have a source for the end results of the lower divisions I'm super interested

I can see what you mean now. I've mainly only had time for the top leagues in the region, Barbados will receive a significant update the next time the game releases a major data update, and my next file update will have an up-to-date Bajan pyramid.

Edited by V50

8 hours ago, V50 said:

It looks like I didn't account for the fact that I updated the BFA clubs in the official database, but didn't remove the changes I made in the file from last year :( I'll update the file as well as the official database.

I can't find out what the standings would be for 2024, as the latest data I could find is from the unfinished stage of this year;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr1f3C6uUY_/

https://www.facebook.com/BarbadosFA/photos/bfa-division-2-standings-/680013667469964/?paipv=0&eav=AfYSV9zHRxzmbXuAOnwPxfTjMI6k6G_W0Qk0H_OO3GykAUu9peBGLR--hBxo4igQVQM&_rdr

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsHLwbfOoLk/

If you have a source for the end results of the lower divisions I'm super interested

I can see what you mean now. I've mainly only had time for the top leagues in the region, Barbados will receive a significant update the next time the game releases a major data update, and my next file update will have an up-to-date Bajan pyramid.

Not sure if you meant you got the lower division standings, but here they are. I previously posted the links, but they didn't show up in the reply.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvKvqOSOQLI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvLHan3p4Me/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=ZDNlZDc0MzIxNw==

There would be a problem between divisions 1 and 2 when it comes to relegations, as two teams are being promoted from division 2 but 3 are coming down. This is the way it's it's but i'm not quite sure that's how it would work as division 1 would eventually just become extinct and division 2 would constantly expand. I'd assume that a workaround like only relegating the 13th and 12th place teams would be necessary, or  a playoff between the 11th and 12th to decide which team is to be relegated with the 13th place team.

3 minutes ago, LeB8 said:

Not sure if you meant you got the lower division standings, but here they are. I previously posted the links, but they didn't show up in the reply.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvKvqOSOQLI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvLHan3p4Me/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=ZDNlZDc0MzIxNw==

There would be a problem between divisions 1 and 2 when it comes to relegations, as two teams are being promoted from division 2 but 3 are coming down. This is the way it's it's but i'm not quite sure that's how it would work as division 1 would eventually just become extinct and division 2 would constantly expand. I'd assume that a workaround like only relegating the 13th and 12th place teams would be necessary, or  a playoff between the 11th and 12th to decide which team is to be relegated with the 13th place team.

The links aren't working for me :(. I presume D1 is dropping to 12 teams. I could make it work (you copy it in the advanced rules and set one to end in 2023 and the other to stat in 2024), but I'll keep it simple and just have 2 up and 2 down. 

Since you're here, any idea what WRBSSC stands for? My best guess is BSSC is Bagatelle Sports and Social Club, but Bagatelle FC already exists in D1, so two clubs? But BSSC links to the D1 team, suggesting a reserve team?

Edited by V50

8 hours ago, V50 said:

They do qualify, top two teams go into the Caribbean Shield on game start.  Second place goes into the first Round;

image.thumb.png.52d1e2d110e1e5c43992f720846b7e0b.png

First place goes into Phase 1 Group stage;

image.thumb.png.cf76350d47fa60e50732bbb179799a94.png

Oh ok, however the shield doesn't show up at all. Do I need to have all the Caribbean leagues loaded up for it to the competition to take place.northamericacompetitions.thumb.png.e0af83e43653ec756cb5bbc336feaa36.png

1 hour ago, V50 said:

The links aren't working for me :(. I presume D1 is dropping to 12 teams. I could make it work (you copy it in the advanced rules and set one to end in 2023 and the other to stat in 2024), but I'll keep it simple and just have 2 up and 2 down. 

Since you're here, any idea what WRBSSC stands for? My best guess is BSSC is Bagatelle Sports and Social Club, but Bagatelle FC already exists in D1, so two clubs? But BSSC links to the D1 team, suggesting a reserve team?

no, totally different club as far as I know, I'll look into it and  edit this post when I find out

EDIT: WRBSCC stands for Welches, Redmans, Bagatelle Sports and Social Club and it's not connected to Bagatelle FC

Also, here are some pictures of the league standings. (Some teams didn't seem to complete all their games but it wouldn't have really influenced the positions in most cases)

Barbadospremierleaguestandings.png.dfdbf3e50d5ac30baff8fef171bf5852.png

Barbadosdivision1standings.png.885184900523042bf31996813b577038.pngBarbadosdivision2standings.png.52582b75c2c566cc675bdf3c88904cfb.pngBarbadosdivision3standings.png.b1a90333dbc734d5e7dfde3c34cf99b4.png

Edited by LeB8

Thanks for the shoutout @V50 for my Barbados adventure! For those wanting to see FM heartbreak here's my 2059 NACL Final Defeat: 

Having played a couple long saves (30+ Seasons) in the region I have some recommendations for game setup for those starting a save in the Caribbean for the first time. All these Recommendations are based on playing the FM23 version of this Megapack:

1.  Make sure to check the advanced options for "international players" and "all players at topflight clubs " for North America. If you don't, most Caribbean leagues you don't load will be empty of players. To make double sure you can also add the regional Caribbean option or any specific nations you aren't loading.
  2. Either load a Caribbean topflight as playable or don't bother activating it. Like the above I've seen view only not actually provide players like you see in Europe.
  3. If you want a Strong Caribbean Cup
    1. Load the Top Caribbean Nations: Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, & Haiti
    2. Load all the '2nd Rung' Caribbean Nations (start with top teams professional): Barbados, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, & Martinique.
    3. Then if you have the computer power you can add some of the other stronger generating Caribbean nations like Guadeloupe Curacao, Antigua and Barbuda. Also consider the South American nations in CONCACAF: Suriname, French Guiana & Guyana.
  4. If you want a stronger NACL:
    1. I would add a database for Costa Rica + 1 additional Central American Nation. This will make it so you actually have a chance of not playing only Liga Mx teams in the NACL. 
    2. Don't forget about the Canadian Premier League. They have good facilities and some money and will keep medium-level teams that can be great for transfers/loans as well as providing a rare upset in the NACL.
    3. Should be obvious, but you absolutely need MLS & Liga Mx as playable. Mexico will dominate the NACL as the AI sucks at transfers in the MLS
  5.  In advanced options I would also go into the USA specifically and select loading players into the USL championship as it will help the MLS with more domestic players to pick up when they inevitably mess up international transfers. 
  6. If you want European Transfers: Activate Netherlands & France Top Flights as Playable as well as England Champ+Premier. There are a lot of British, French & Dutch second nationalities in the Caribbean and if you generate a high potential one and you want to truly fight to hold onto them you'll need these leagues playable for realistic transfer pressure. A plus side is these nations will also generate Caribbean youngsters

Those are great. If you have the computing power you might also consider adding all players "based in" England, France, and/or Netherlands, can expand the existing selection base for teams like St. Lucia, Martinique, and Curacao before newgens start to generate in those active leagues

I'm sure it would add some depth, but I've found just checking the "Internationals" in advanced results in most of the national teams filled with the vast majority of European based players. Something that's tedious, but would build national team depth for an international save would be to go into each Caribbean nation and check "players of national reputation". Any player declared their nationality in Europe should get loaded into the game in that situation. 

I've found in my save unless players start the game declared its very rare for any real players to switch to the Caribbean second nationality if the World Ranking is 100+. I've gotten Barbados to ~90 for 10ish years now and we are seeing a few of the Newgens in English League One / Championship declaring Barbados even with England youth caps.

So if you wanted more of the English-variety players I'd just load all the english default leagues even as view-only to get the players into the database.

Edited by WhiteCat33

1 hour ago, LeB8 said:

no, totally different club as far as I know, I'll look into it and  edit this post when I find out

EDIT: WRBSCC stands for Welches, Redmans, Bagatelle Sports and Social Club and it's not connected to Bagatelle FC

Also, here are some pictures of the league standings. (Some teams didn't seem to complete all their games but it wouldn't have really influenced the positions in most cases)

Barbadospremierleaguestandings.png.dfdbf3e50d5ac30baff8fef171bf5852.png

Barbadosdivision1standings.png.885184900523042bf31996813b577038.pngBarbadosdivision2standings.png.52582b75c2c566cc675bdf3c88904cfb.pngBarbadosdivision3standings.png.b1a90333dbc734d5e7dfde3c34cf99b4.png

Perfect thanks for the WRBSSC, was wondering how the hell to figure it out. The challenge of making Barbados made me sign up for an Instagram account (for work, these days Facebook isn't as useful as it used to be), so I had found these and was hoping you had a final one for D2/D3

Nearly done with D2 updated;

image.png.85bed958e5c5338ccd56d6cdecae27d7.png

1 minute ago, V50 said:

Sad News @WhiteCat33 - looks like Road View are no more. Not in any of the top 4 leagues. 

Bummer, now I really need to lead them to a final glory!

I see there is a Benfica in Barbados now! Do they generate Portuguese players by any chance?!?

9 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Bummer, now I really need to lead them to a final glory!

I see there is a Benfica in Barbados now! Do they generate Portuguese players by any chance?!?

Not as far as I know - found no evidence for it. Rendezvous will produce some Vincentian players when the next major update comes, but they're also an extinct club now... There are more than a couple Caribbean teams producing interesting regens. There's a Portuguese club in Saint Barth (although they don't participate in international competitions yet), and a couple make Haitian regens across th region. Venezuelans in Trinidad and one of the ABCs too. 

I'm not surprised, just always enjoy the unique alt-nation regen clubs that appear around the world. Great work building even more depth into your Caribbean Megapack! Doing my best to stay the course in Barbados and claim that elusive YAC completion. My goal is to start a new adventure in the new year, probably with a British Territory nation with full England loaded to see how hard it is to keep players. Once I got Barbados' ranking near the MLS it actually became very easy to hold onto players as only the Middle East pressure would unsettle them.

53 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'm sure it would add some depth, but I've found just checking the "Internationals" in advanced results in most of the national teams filled with the vast majority of European based players. Something that's tedious, but would build national team depth for an international save would be to go into each Caribbean nation and check "players of national reputation". Any player declared their nationality in Europe should get loaded into the game in that situation. 

I've found in my save unless players start the game declared its very rare for any real players to switch to the Caribbean second nationality if the World Ranking is 100+. I've gotten Barbados to ~90 for 10ish years now and we are seeing a few of the Newgens in English League One / Championship declaring Barbados even with England youth caps.

So if you wanted more of the English-variety players I'd just load all the english default leagues even as view-only to get the players into the database.

A lot of dual nationals incorrectly have their nationality declared (to England, France, Netherlands etc) or are missing it outright, so they won't show up that way, but true, my strategy is best if you've gone through with a pre-game file and painstakingly sorted a lot of the uncapped players at the very low levels so they're not "declared" for England (for example) and have their documented second nationality. My diaspora files (last one was 2022) would lead to guys like Leon Legge suiting up for St. Lucia, but because his first nationality is English and he's so far down the leagues, loading internationals isn't enough and you had to actually load players based there. Then you just get used to pestering every dual national for a call-up every cycle