[FM24] Caribbean Megapack + NACL rebuild [v2]

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@V50 - Is the St Lucian leagues supposed to have 9-10 matches per season? Or is that an error in the number of times teams face each other?

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

@V50 - Is the St Lucian leagues supposed to have 9-10 matches per season? Or is that an error in the number of times teams face each other?

Yup, Saint lucia has always played a single round Robin in their leagues. I have tried to set up the all star tournaments they have, but they seem disabled by SI.

If I remember it has secondary regional leagues that add more games to the calendar for teams (e.g. Castries)

On 29/12/2023 at 18:51, asapas said:

Adding the competitions files destroyed the Italian league for a reason, so I cannot load it at all. It gives a red exclamation mark and asks for another number of teams in each league. 

Not due to my files - are you running other files alongside? I am playing with all my files with Italy loaded.

On 28/12/2023 at 18:29, valdeOLENCOOL said:

So after having a look at the DB and having a word with a Media Officer from one of the clubs in the league the database seems off.

So the President Cup will run from January-February with the 9 clubs being split into 2 groups, all teams player eachother once where top 2 from each group going to the semi-final.
There has been 3 editions of the Presidents Cup
2022 Attackers - Doc's United 2-2 (aet, 5-3 pen)

2018 ???

2017 Enforcers - Kicks United 1-1 (5-6 pens)

So there is some changes to the League as well. So after the regular season there is 2 seperate extra leagues. So top 5 qualifies for the Champions League. In this league each team plays eachother once with top team crowned champions. Bottom 4 qualifies for the Development League, again each team plays eachother once. But after all games, it goes into a knockout format with 1st playing 4th and 2nd playing 3rd in a Semi-Final. Then there is a 3rd place playoff and a final where the winner of the final is crowned champions of the development league.

Skærmbillede 2023-12-28 185601.png

I had that format last year for.the league, but they got rid of it this year. You can still load last year's files if you wanted the arguably more interesting format.

I clearly missed the president's cup as it wasn't played this time last year, I can amend.

3 minutes ago, V50 said:

Yup, Saint lucia has always played a single round Robin in their leagues. I have tried to set up the all star tournaments they have, but they seem disabled by SI.

If I remember it has secondary regional leagues that add more games to the calendar for teams (e.g. Castries)

Just thought I'd ask since I would have expected two rounds with so few teams! Thanks for the quick answer. :) 

On 28/12/2023 at 18:29, valdeOLENCOOL said:

So after having a look at the DB and having a word with a Media Officer from one of the clubs in the league the database seems off.

So the President Cup will run from January-February with the 9 clubs being split into 2 groups, all teams player eachother once where top 2 from each group going to the semi-final.
There has been 3 editions of the Presidents Cup
2022 Attackers - Doc's United 2-2 (aet, 5-3 pen)

2018 ???

2017 Enforcers - Kicks United 1-1 (5-6 pens)

So there is some changes to the League as well. So after the regular season there is 2 seperate extra leagues. So top 5 qualifies for the Champions League. In this league each team plays eachother once with top team crowned champions. Bottom 4 qualifies for the Development League, again each team plays eachother once. But after all games, it goes into a knockout format with 1st playing 4th and 2nd playing 3rd in a Semi-Final. Then there is a 3rd place playoff and a final where the winner of the final is crowned champions of the development league.

Skærmbillede 2023-12-28 185601.png

v1.6 with the President's cup is now up

6 hours ago, V50 said:

I had that format last year for.the league, but they got rid of it this year. You can still load last year's files if you wanted the arguably more interesting format.

I clearly missed the president's cup as it wasn't played this time last year, I can amend.

It was actually like that last year too, just doesn't show up on RSSSF but you can check it here https://globalsportsarchive.com/competition/soccer/anguilla-football-league-2023/regular-season/76081/

You just have to filter through the comps, but it adds up. 

Edited by valdeOLENCOOL

19 hours ago, valdeOLENCOOL said:

It was actually like that last year too, just doesn't show up on RSSSF but you can check it here https://globalsportsarchive.com/competition/soccer/anguilla-football-league-2023/regular-season/76081/

You just have to filter through the comps, but it adds up. 

Oh so it was, how annoying. It's not happening this year though right?

@V50 - Just asking how this works, so it's clear to me playing in Curaçao. By winning the league I go into the Caribbean Shield. If I get far there, I can at some point qualify for the Caribbean Cup? And if I go far there I can enter the CONCACAF CL at some point? That's the route? And there is dynamic reputation so I can enter the higher tournaments automatically at some point, or do I have to get past two tournaments to get into the CONCACAF CL every year?

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

@V50 - Just asking how this works, so it's clear to me playing in Curaçao. By winning the league I go into the Caribbean Shield. If I get far there, I can at some point qualify for the Caribbean Cup? And if I go far there I can enter the CONCACAF CL at some point? That's the route? And there is dynamic reputation so I can enter the higher tournaments automatically at some point, or do I have to get past two tournaments to get into the CONCACAF CL every year?

The Caribbean Shield finalists go into the Caribbean cup, and the top 3 of the Caribbean Cup qualify for the NACL. 

If Curaçao's reputation increases you will get entered later in the competition (top 4 nations enter the Caribbean Cup directly with their 1st and 2nd teams, with their 3rd joining the Caribbean Shield)

1 minute ago, V50 said:

The Caribbean Shield finalists go into the Caribbean cup, and the top 3 of the Caribbean Cup qualify for the NACL. 

If Curaçao's reputation increases you will get entered later in the competition (top 4 nations enter the Caribbean Cup directly with their 1st and 2nd teams, with their 3rd joining the Caribbean Shield)

Excellent, that clears it up! Thanks! :) 

On 02/01/2024 at 12:26, V50 said:

Oh so it was, how annoying. It's not happening this year though right?

Well it's not 100% confirmed. But a Media Officer from one of the clubs believes so.

I am managing Atletico de san francisco in the Dominican Republic, last season I finished second in the table and made it to the finals of playoffs but lost against Cibao. The following season I did not qualify for any Caribbean competitions, is this a bug or am I not understanding how qualification works in this file?

On 07/01/2024 at 16:05, bclem12 said:

I am managing Atletico de san francisco in the Dominican Republic, last season I finished second in the table and made it to the finals of playoffs but lost against Cibao. The following season I did not qualify for any Caribbean competitions, is this a bug or am I not understanding how qualification works in this file?

Can you send me a screenshot? It should take the last winner and runners up. Alternatively, it might be that due to when the season ends you are entered in the next year? See which two teams qualified for hte Caribbean Club Shield from the DR this year and see if it was last year's winners and runners up.

The competition "resets" 1st January, so that will be where it looks for the last winner and runner up. 

@V50 - I think there is something fishy with the fixture priority in the file. My CONCACAF CL 1st round match got moved due to my team also playing in the Carib Shield. While it might be real, I would expect the CL to be prioritized over the Carib Shield?

1 hour ago, XaW said:

@V50 - I think there is something fishy with the fixture priority in the file. My CONCACAF CL 1st round match got moved due to my team also playing in the Carib Shield. While it might be real, I would expect the CL to be prioritized over the Carib Shield?

That is weird. More weird is that they overlap, which shouldn't happen. Is it a world cup year?

19 hours ago, V50 said:

That is weird. More weird is that they overlap, which shouldn't happen. Is it a world cup year?

No, been every year so far. First round of the CONCACAF CL is around February, and the same goes for the Carib Shield.

Here is my schedule for my last season:

ZKPGnGB.png

The 2nd leg of the CONCACAF CL against Cavalier was moved from Feb 20th to Feb 27th, and in there they put 4 games, so the fixture congestion is mad, but I just thought it was how it was... And the same goes for this season:

8OJe6hz.png

CONCACAF CL 1st round was supposed to be Feb 18th, but was moved to Feb 27th, and all Carib Shield matches was crammed in there. This season I got past the 1st round, and I'm looking likely to get into the Carib Shield 2nd phase too, so I don't know if those will crash again yet.

Under the CCL's fixture rules you can specifically tell it to prioritize your comp over others with the same fixture priority (i.e. tell it that Carib games will be continental cup - low but only when they clash with CCL)

Also, I noticed that Independiente (of Argentina) is set at the Curaçao league winners in 1941/42.

ZmbaH1N.png

I suspect this is a typo or something?

29 minutes ago, XaW said:

Also, I noticed that Independiente (of Argentina) is set at the Curaçao league winners in 1941/42.

ZmbaH1N.png

I suspect this is a typo or something?

definitely, thanks for spotting!

In terms of the Shield Dates, CONCACAF changed the dates again, it's frustrating to keep up with them. I will update the files with an August Shield/Cup...

28 minutes ago, V50 said:

definitely, thanks for spotting!

In terms of the Shield Dates, CONCACAF changed the dates again, it's frustrating to keep up with them. I will update the files with an August Shield/Cup...

Thanks, no issue seeing how things change elsewhere can screw things up. It works fine for me, although the fixture congestion is a bit crazy! :D

• V50 changed the title to [FM24] Caribbean Megapack + NACL rebuild [v1.7]
11 hours ago, XaW said:

Thanks, no issue seeing how things change elsewhere can screw things up. It works fine for me, although the fixture congestion is a bit crazy! :D

Fixed, v1.7 out now @themodelcitizen @XaW

39 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

Of course, a couple hours after I start a new game this new version is released, lol.

If it's any consolation I was two seasons in and with my own updates I'm considering starting again!

Hello

Can I ask one question about the qualification system for the Champions League included in your file "NA rebuild minus carib" Caribbean Megapack?

In my save game, it's not working exactly as in real life.

In 2024, it chooses the winner of the Canadian Championship instead of the MLS winner and random Mexican team instead of one of the winners from the Apertura / Clausura Mexican League for a bye to the second round (the winners of Caribbean Cup, Central American Cup and Leagues Cup work fine)

But also the teams entering the first round are not according to the rules. For example, it doesn't select the loser of the MLS Cup. And it selects teams from El Salvador, from Guatemala and Dominican Republic that were not qualified from the regional cups.

(I am following the wikipedia page about the qualification system - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_CONCACAF_Champions_Cup)

The question is: is this happening because you wanted it to work like this, or there might be something in some other files ruining your system?

I am asking to know if there's something I could do to fix it.

Anyway, great pack of leagues and tournaments :-) Thank you for all your work.

@V50 - Is there anywhere to see how well my nation is doing in terms of qualifications to the Carib cups? I mean I've won the Caribbean Shield the last 6 years, as well as the Caribbean Cup two times, and we still haven't had any more than on other team qualify for anything...? And when I look at the league reputation we are still behind the likes of St Lucia and such who have never done anything similar. These ratings never seem to move at all.

EjeRs6d.png

When looking at international rep, we do well, but that doesn't seem to translate into anything?

sx89YrZ.png

1 minute ago, XaW said:

@V50 - Is there anywhere to see how well my nation is doing in terms of qualifications to the Carib cups? I mean I've won the Caribbean Shield the last 6 years, as well as the Caribbean Cup two times, and we still haven't had any more than on other team qualify for anything...? And when I look at the league reputation we are still behind the likes of St Lucia and such who have never done anything similar. These ratings never seem to move at all.

EjeRs6d.png

When looking at international rep, we do well, but that doesn't seem to translate into anything?

sx89YrZ.png

Well I really hope they move... I'm at the mercy of SI coding on whether they do - I know last year @WhiteCat33 improved the league reputation

4 minutes ago, V50 said:

Well I really hope they move... I'm at the mercy of SI coding on whether they do - I know last year @WhiteCat33 improved the league reputation

Well... I loaded up a new save to see how it looks, and it haven't changed a single position in 10 years of me winning stuff, so I doubt the league reputation works in NA...

GzUi33D.png

44 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well... I loaded up a new save to see how it looks, and it haven't changed a single position in 10 years of me winning stuff, so I doubt the league reputation works in NA...

GzUi33D.png

Looks like you're not the only one... How do the other Curacao teams do in the competitions?

2 minutes ago, V50 said:

Looks like you're not the only one... How do the other Curacao teams do in the competitions?

They are mostly losing in the first phase of the Carib Shield, but a few have gone to the 2nd phase, but no more.

Now, I wouldn't expect to be very high, but I should be above St Lucia at least who haven't achieved anything in my save. Unless all an any improvement come from progress in the CONCACAF CL...? If so, I need to win a few matches there and see if anything changes. I've mostly lost on the first hurdle whenever I've qualified, since you know Mexican and US sides...

I wonder if sorting by "cup points (5 years)" would do anything (if there's anywhere to do that without throwing off the whole thing). Could at least have a sort of club coefficient/ranking if the league one isn't working 

In last years file it was something about the NACL changes that froze the rankings like you're seeing @XaW. My game only has dynamic league reputation because I didn't add that mod file, which fixes the issue but you dont get the full carribbean cup experience.  Having never edited I don't have a clue of what is happening. Real bummer of a glitch.

Would at least make playing as Barbados Martinique Puerto Rico or Cuba significantly more engaging as they are hard-coded into the NACL qualifying with the bigger nations. Is it a lot of work to split the NACL off into its own additional file? Could at least help narrow down where the bad interaction is happening. 

3 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Would at least make playing as Barbados Martinique Puerto Rico or Cuba significantly more engaging as they are hard-coded into the NACL qualifying with the bigger nations. Is it a lot of work to split the NACL off into its own additional file? Could at least help narrow down where the bad interaction is happening. 

The NACL is a separate file this year :)

7 hours ago, V50 said:

The NACL is a separate file this year :)

Smart thinking! Now the test is to Sim 10 seasons w/o it and see what happens to league ranks.

On 09/01/2024 at 22:48, iamnobody said:

Is it better (more realistic) to play this with MLS and Canada activated?  Are there any other countries that should be active?

So yesterday I bought FM24 and just like last year I want to try something where I haven't really played before. Like Honduras, or Dominican Republic for example. (Already dit Montreal and Alajuelense in this region) I just really love the obscure leagues. I managed in the Solomon Islands, Phillipines, Afghanistan and Nigeria the last few years and had a blast. 😄

I would like to add your Caribbean Megapack, SaintCanada's [FM 24] Canada League 1 and Cup Comps and TMC's [FM24] USA to D4 (USL2) + Canadian Championship fix, Is there anything that I should anticpate using these files, or this exact combination, or will this work just fine together?

Edited by Jorgen

Hi, so I finally decided to start a proper big save using the megapack, but I only had v1.3 and v1.5, however the Barbados file (the main one I want to use) and some others don't show up. Is there anyway I could get the v1.4 and v1.4.1 files to see if they work (I'm still on 24.0.0).

Edited by LeB8

On 14/01/2024 at 17:19, Jorgen said:

So yesterday I bought FM24 and just like last year I want to try something where I haven't really played before. Like Honduras, or Dominican Republic for example. (Already dit Montreal and Alajuelense in this region) I just really love the obscure leagues. I managed in the Solomon Islands, Phillipines, Afghanistan and Nigeria the last few years and had a blast. 😄

I would like to add your Caribbean Megapack, SaintCanada's [FM 24] Canada League 1 and Cup Comps and TMC's [FM24] USA to D4 (USL2) + Canadian Championship fix, Is there anything that I should anticpate using these files, or this exact combination, or will this work just fine together?

I'd load in all of his league DBs even if you don't intend on playing in the nations. The only one that might be an issue is Puerto Rico. I know in FM23 a lot of the USA Lower league mods would touch teams there, which would break that league. You'd have to check with TMC if he did or not. It will be obvious when you load up the game as you'll get a big error for the league.

14 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'd load in all of his league DBs even if you don't intend on playing in the nations. The only one that might be an issue is Puerto Rico. I know in FM23 a lot of the USA Lower league mods would touch teams there, which would break that league. You'd have to check with TMC if he did or not. It will be obvious when you load up the game as you'll get a big error for the league.

Haven't touched any Caribbean teams, might do something with Bermuda Hogges eventually but they're extinct in the base DB anyway

• 3 weeks later...

@V50 I did a longterm holiday save until 20 june 2073. Combination with all of your files and TMC and Saints Canada files seems very stable.

About the Concacaf continental club cups qualifications:

Best 2 in the Caribbean Shield qualify for the Caribbean Cup in the same year
Winner Caribbean Cup qualifies for round of 16 in CCC the next year
Problem: Nr 2 and nr 3 of Caribbean Cup qualify for 1st round in CCC after 2 years

Edited by Jorgen

16 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@V50 I did a longterm holiday save until 20 june 2073. Combination with all of your files and TMC and Saints Canada files seems very stable.

About the Concacaf continental club cups qualifications:

Best 2 in the Caribbean Shield qualify for the Caribbean Cup in the same year
Winner Caribbean Cup qualifies for round of 16 in CCC the next year
Problem: Nr 2 and nr 3 of Caribbean Cup qualify for 1st round in CCC after 2 years

That's strange - in my tests it all works perfectly. Does this trend start after a certain year? (Wondering if a strangely timed world cup broke it?)

Normally I'd say it sounds like something arising from a stage finished action not occurring until too late, like when a round has finished but not the stage itself (so the stage finished actions aren't processed by the time the new tournament is drawn), but if the winner is processed fine I guess not (even if that's just with "get last winner")

5 hours ago, V50 said:

That's strange - in my tests it all works perfectly. Does this trend start after a certain year? (Wondering if a strangely timed world cup broke it?)

What is the exact way it should work?

Be champion in season 1 → play in the Shield in season 2 → advance to the Cup in the same season (also season 2) → advance to the CCC in season 3? → advance to the FIFA CWC when it plays the next time?
At the moment the amount of teams that advance in my game is like this: only 1 from Shield to Cup and 3 from Cup to CL (nr 2 and 3 to first round; and nr 1 direct by to following round of 16)

In my previouis post I checked the last years of the competiton (2060's/2070s)
Now, I've checked the first years (2023 onwards and 2035 onwards and 2045 onwards)

The nr 1 and nr 2 of the Caribbean Shield advance to the Caribbean Cup in the same year. This happens in each of the decades that I checked
The nr 2 and 3 of the Caribbean Cup advance to the first round of the Concacaf CL 2 years later when looking at the 2020s and the first part 2030s. It changes in the 2nd half of this decade: In 2036 Waterhouse (nr 2) and Pantoja (nr 3) qualify for the 2038 CL, but in 2037 something strange happens. Tivoli (nr 2) and Defence Force (nr) don't qualify at all. Not for 2037/2038/2039. Instead the following year, which is 2038, TLH (nr 2) and W Connection (nr 3) qualify for the CL first round of 2039. Some years later the 2 year gap continues.

I checked all number ones of the Caribbean Cup between 2023 and 2073. They all advance to the round of 16 of the CL.

At the moment these are the editor files I used. These are all of your files, TMC's files, Saints Canada's Canada fix, 4 central american leagues and realism files by Daveincid, and Susie's Transferupdate

(not included in the screenshot are some files for esthetic purposes only)

image.png.fab26bed238ee80b2ace89db6d2265ea.png

If you want I can send you my save game

Edited by Jorgen