The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thats ridiculous, a shambles posting someones number on the internet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I texted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for Ryan

Recieved a letter today, dated 12th June, saying that the card which I applied for my season ticket on had been declined, and that they had tried contacting me by phone, and as a result they couldnt process my application blah blah blah, and I had to ring them by the 16th June. I phoned them up today ******** myself because they put them on sale for members who weren't successful in the original ballot, to find that the 3 preferences I gave them were not available, and my only options were NT1, South and NT2, ive gone for NT1 which has cost me £740 odd quid, instead of my original preferences which were £570 and £589.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona are all mulling over a move for Juventus stopper Lilian Thuram, according to reports from the continent.

Thuram is currently on World Cup duty with France but still rumours persist about his future at the beleaguered Serie A champions.

The 34-year-old could be available on a free transfer should Juve face sanctions for alleged match-fixing, with the Bianconeri even facing up to the prospect of being relegated to Serie B.

And the possibility of snapping up such an experienced defender for a minimal outlay could interest all three European giants.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger may be keen on a move, particularly if he decides to part company with Sol Campbell, who has recently been linked with a move to Portsmouth.

Eager for an old head to partner Kolo Toure and Philippe Senderos in defence, Thuram could represent an attractive proposition for Wenger.

Meanwhile, reports in Italy suggest United would like to make a double raid on Juve for both Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Cannavaro, who made his 95th appearance for Italy in the Azzurri's 1-1 draw with USA on Saturday, is another whose future has been the subject of speculation following the upheaval in Turin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rio's leaving

The cricket jokes are fine, but leave Grella alone ffs, he's fb icon_mad.gif

Speaking of players at the World Cup, it might be worth keeping an eye out for that van Nistelrooy bloke - he's playing soon, and it might be worth having him at Old Trafford next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Has anyone started a separate thread about Rene Meulensteen yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SI did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Monzers, it was very weak, obvious OTF-style sarcasm on my part.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Last full day of this thread :*(

Going out with a whimper, how depressing. It surely deserves a major transfer story or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can write something if you're desperate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

How would Marascheno to Milan help you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because then Gattuso would be available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Last full day of this thread :*(

Going out with a whimper, how depressing. It surely deserves a major transfer story or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably won't be. Given i'm out of the office most of tomorrow and won't be on much if at all in the evening, you're not likely to see a new thread before friday at the earliest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

It's not stretty but its ok \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alot of school kids get their free tickets in there. At least your above the K stand though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

seems daft to have a new thread launched on the basis of a fixture list that we're not allowed to post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can cherry pick the highlights from it like last year. Anyway, we've got all the new signings to discuss as well.

Oh icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

How would Marascheno to Milan help you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pillock on the first page, pillock on the last... \o/

I thought Nick was going to gather all the roundups together and post them?

Favourite moment of the season...at the time and from the games I actually went to, probably Ruud's winner against Benfica.

Overall, probably beating Chelsea or Arsenal at home, or winning the Carling Cup semi final.

Off the pitch there really weren't many highlights...erm, selling Bellion? Loaning out Miller? Yeah, err moving swiftly on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master Blasta:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

It's not stretty but its ok \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alot of school kids get their free tickets in there. At least your above the K stand though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Along similar lines... I was thinking on the way home this afternoon, there is a bit in East Lower that has been traditionally reserved for junior ticket applications although not publicised whatsoever. With the new relocations (East Lower being popular due to the price) and the fact that you now have to apply for tickets with a card, will this section be reserved next season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It's going to be so easy to get tickets this coming season \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you DARE ask me to get you tickets for scouse/arsenal/chelsea etc if it's that easy.

Jim, that was ffffffffffb, I was FUMING icon_mad.gif

Archived