The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

mika did a round up for them ffs, if you were a true scouse hater you would never acknowledge his existence again. very disappointing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicks done one too icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I swear we've had Fulham at home first game 3 years now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/fixtures/default.stm - full fixture list.

ACou - we had them at Home first for their first 2 seasons in the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so it is 3 times now?

Take that Cottager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/fixtures/default.stm - full fixture list.

ACou - we had them at Home first for their first 2 seasons in the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so it is 3 times now?

Take that Cottager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're taking Burrage's word for it? icon_biggrin.gif

We've had them on the opening day once so far in the premiership, the 01/02 season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

so it is 3 times now?

Take that Cottager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're taking Burrage's word for it? icon_biggrin.gif

We've had them on the opening day once so far in the premiership, the 01/02 season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mistake, I thought it was there first two seasons in the Premiership.

Righto, this is what I’ll be doing over the next 10 months or so….

Not going anywhere for a while I’m afraid...

On August the 19th I’m off to Manchester to see my friends from near the river in London. They own a big shop

Then on Tuesday 22nd it’s down to London for an athletics meeting

On Saturday 26th it’s off to Elton John’s pace.

On September the 9th the white half of north London come to Manchester

Blimey, just a week later the other lot from north London come up. Why not save travel costs and come together?

I’ll be doing some reading on the 23rd

On the 30th friends from the north east will visit

On the 14th I’ll be off to buy some mint balls in a sports shop

Ooooh, on the 21st we’ll be welcoming our red friends from Liverpool, la

Urgh, pie eating munich fixated yonners will be ‘entertaining us on the 28th

The KWTB comes to Manchester on November 4th

Best away game of the season on the 11th

Yay, we get to see that c**t Warnock at his place on the 18th

Noveau rich champions elect to be fletchered on the 25th

Gas masks at the ready, it’s off to smog land on dec 2nd

50,000 blues to take over our place on the 9th

Apples and pairs gavnor it’s alf garnett! balaclavas at the ready on the 16th

Support your local team. VP to be full for the 1st time on the 23rd

Two dull as you like home games against faux scousers and the return of Stevie C to wrap up the year.

It’s the 1st day of 2007 but it’ll seem like 1957 when we go up the toon

Criminals (but not scousers) at home on the 13th

A trip to the middle east on the 20th

Hornets invasion on 31st. They’ll bring balloons

3rd of Feb…never drive to Tottenham. Get the train.

The other athletic come to Manchester on the 10th

Blimey, another trip to London on the 24th. A posh bit this time….the little ones

3rd March - Prepared to be p*ssed on. Tin foil sales to increase on Merseyside.

17th huge Samuel is our guest

31st Huuuuuuuuuuuuugsssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee

It better not rain on the 7th cos we’re outside on the south coast

Two days later and it’ll be blades in Manchester

The champions will be crowned on the 14th. Don’t go this time Ali!

Will Gareth still be about on the 21st?

a trip to the blue scouse on the 28th

followed up by a short trip across town

and finally we ca relegate the happy hammers on the 13th

After that it’ll be a trip to Wembley or Cardiff for the FA Cup and a final jaunt into Europe to complete the treble. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

All our big home games are before the new year...so loads of nasty away games in the 2nd half of the season :-/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but we're normally better in the 2nd half of the season.

well that fixture list looks awesome so far, plenty of winnable games, and all the big teams come to OT, so hopefully we can be in a solid position leading into the stronger part of the season

HOPEFULLY

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

mika did a round up for them ffs, if you were a true scouse hater you would never acknowledge his existence again. very disappointing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicks done one too icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah if I'm going down then Nick is going with me icon_mad.gif

heh, just noticed that we have 6 home games in the trot after champions league group games.

good work gill icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

6 Home Games after CL games icon_biggrin.gif

Mourinho is going to blow icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not is it icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Arse have all 6 away icon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea's are split but every single match is impossible.

tbf chelsea's didnt seem that bad, they only had one away game i think. didnt catch arsenal/liverpools but they both have to come to us after champions league games icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do Chelsea

Ruud plays down row with Ronnie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ruud dismisses Ronaldo rift

By Mandeep Sangheera

In Frankfurt

Ruud van Nistelrooy insists he has no argument with Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of Holland's game with Portugal in the last 16 of the World Cup.

The Manchester United team-mates had a training ground row last season, which Ronaldo claims was "nothing at all".

"I think the lads at United knew that, he knows and I know so I'll say the same as he did," said Van Nistelrooy.

"Nothing happened and we get on really well. I have no problem with Ronaldo, that's definitely the situation."

Holland drew 0-0 with Argentina to finish runners-up in Group C and set up a tie with Group D winners Portugal on Sunday.

Ronaldo had already moved to distance himself from a rift with Van Nistelrooy before the tournament began in Germany.

"It was nothing much at all," he said. "Quarrels happen in all teams, in all professions.

"It's perfectly normal to have these small disagreements and that's what happened, something perfectly normal.

"It's a storm in a teacup. Yet people are turning it into something it isn't."

He added: "All I can do is repeat what I have already said and that is that what happened wasn't anything special.

"Ruud is actually someone I get on particularly well with."

There is a question mark hanging over Van Nistelrooy's future at United after he was sent home from the squad to face Charlton on the final day of the Premiership season.

But for the moment he will be concentrating on what he knows will be a tough meeting with Portugal and try to help Holland reach a similar level to Argentina.

Argentina are being touted as favourites after their performances and, even after resting players against the Dutch, Van Nistelrooy was impressed by them.

"They are strong," he said. "It was the sort of game where we were both through but you could feel the strength of their team - their quality up front and midfield.

"We can't deny we had our hands full. We tried to play a bit more but they put a lot of pressure on us.

"We didn't get the chance to create many chances and that also says something. We had to hold on for the result.

"I think we came through the group well but we didn't play really convincingly like Argentina did."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/wor.../holland/5105434.stm

Published: 2006/06/22 09:53:05 GMT

© BBC MMVI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I thought there was going to be a new thread? FARCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mark g seems to have arrogantly decided to copy Nick and be late with it.

this was in the thread that will inevitably be better than marks. senna is 30 in july and although he has looked decent in the world cup, ive never even noticed him in la liga. another exciting target.

the bit about no major transfers would suggest that when ruud walks out, torres isnt coming the other way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but seeing the name 'Senna' on a United shirt would be utterly utterly awesome. It'd nearly make up for the impending crapness of next season, actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Glad the first one is a bit later this season, felt far too early last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye the weather was still warm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

David Gill I salute you.

Someone up the Mourinho slates FA thread or whatever it was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean this one: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...192026532#1192026532 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did indeed icon14.gif

Archived