The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

More on the French kid Mark mentioned earlier:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

'Toulouse defender Lucien Aubey has issued something of a "come and get me" plea to Manchester United.

Although in no rush to leave the French club, the France Under-21 international has indicated that he would love to play for United or Milan if he was to depart Ligue 1.

The news will interest Sir Alex Ferguson, who has reportedly had the 21-year-old watched four times recently.

"Clubs I dream of? In France, without hesitating, and being Parisian, I will say Paris Saint Germain," he said in an interview with Jeunes Citoyens Supporters.

"For foreign clubs, I have two sides - Milan and Manchester United."

Although it has been reported that United would want him as cover for injured left back Gabriel Heinze, a position The Red Devils are struggling with, he would rather play at centre back.

"Without hesitating in central defence," he added.

"I am anxious to be a 'clean' defender. My role models are Alessandro Nesta or Fabio Canavarro.

"My qualities are my speed and power. For my defects, I tend to want to dribble when it is not necessary. I must also improve the quality of my passing."

Aubey was born in Togo but represents France as he spent little time in his country of birth, although he has not ruled out switching allegiance in the future.

"For the moment, I don't know," he commented. "If I do not play anymore in the international team, I maybe will play for my country of origin - Togo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Come and get me pleas \o/

Erm, the bolded bit concerns me. Is that really the type of defender we want to be looking at - another 'ball-playing' fanny scared to put his head in where it hurts?

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Daily Record:

'POLICE have drawn a blank investigating an alleged assault by England football star Rio Ferdinand.

Cops checked CCTV footage at the bar where Manchester United players were celebrating their 1-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

It shows nothing of the alleged incident involving Alex Thomas, 24, outside the venue. Ferdinand denies involvement in any fracas.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quelle surprise... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw it. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MADRID, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Villarreal captain Quique Alvarez has torn the cartilage in his right knee and will be sidelined for up to eight weeks, the club said on Wednesday.

A decision on whether the centre back needs an operation to repair the damage will be taken on Thursday.

Alvarez, 30, will miss Villarreal's last two Champions League Group D games against Manchester United and Lille.

Villarreal top the group with six points from four games, one point more than Lille and Manchester United. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Ever wanted to watch Manchester United play at Old Trafford but haven't been able to get a ticket for love nor money as they are only available to season ticket holders or members.

Well here's another route you can now try.

Travelcare Sports have launched a MANCHESTER UNITED MATCH DAY PACKAGE.

The cost of the package is £79 per person and includes an official match ticket, entry into fanzone and a match day programme.

Regrettably Travelcare are unable to sell match tickets only, hence this new package.

Tickets are available for the following matches in December 2005:-

3rd December v Portsmouth

11th December v Everton

14th December v Wigan

26th December v West Brom

31st December v Bolton"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

--------

Kin ell, talk about a total rip off, ticket is what £36 £10 for the fanzone and then £3 for a programme.

Where does the rest of the money go?

Robbing bastards

Unbelievable. The fanzone's a fiver now isn't it? So you're talking £45 at the most icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, in other news, Chris Eagles scored tonight for Wednesday, hit the post as well. Still couldn't stop them losing 3-1 to Cardiff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Duscher is rubbish icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't he the one who injured Becks before the last world cup, thus introducing the word "metatarsal" into the football lexicon?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Duscher is rubbish icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't he the one who injured Becks before the last world cup, thus introducing the word "metatarsal" into the football lexicon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My opinion of him has just gone up tenfold icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im sure we were linked with him in the summer, he is a utility man if my memory serves me right. Can play Right back, right mid, central midfield and even centre half if needs be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another jack of all trades, master of none then? Hardly what we need at the minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right back playing MC position now with Ajax, and that entire team is suffering from lost form. He's got potential, like the other Ajax kids (Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Maduro, Sneijder, ao). But Fergie could better sign Landzaat from AZ for the midfield, or a good left/centre back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

How is Sneijder doing? He's always impressed me when i've seen him, but i've not seen him for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Got the 10.30-7 shift at British Gas tbh

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’d heard that he wasn’t fulfilling his early promise but that’s shocking!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

How is Sneijder doing? He's always impressed me when i've seen him, but i've not seen him for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Got the 10.30-7 shift at British Gas tbh

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’d heard that he wasn’t fulfilling his early promise but that’s shocking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. You'd have to be a real waster to end up with that job icon_wink.gif

Feck me, alot of comedians in this thread.

James, I'll "forget" to look for Vanilla diet coke icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really know how to stick the knife in, don't you icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gabriel Heinze has had to learn not to be "too anxious" about setting a comeback date following his cruciate knee ligament injury.

The Argentine defender landed awkwardly in United's Champions League games against Villarreal in September and was later ruled out for the rest of the season.

It was a bitter blow for the 27-year-old defender, who was voted United's Player of the Year last season, in the season leading up to the World Cup.

Since returning to Argentina to recuperate, Heinze has received support from all his team-mates.

But one phone call, from international team-mate Diego Simeone, has helped ease his concerns on a possible return date.

"I spent many years in the national side and there was one phone call from one team-mate in particular that really helped me - when Simeone called," Heinze said.

"Simeone told me he had exactly the same kind of injury as I do before the 2002 World Cup.

"He told me not to pay attention to the comments that I may not return to play in the national team and that I may not even return to play.

"So I no longer ask myself when I am going to return to play and try not to get too anxious about things.

"I know that if I did, it wouldn't be good for me and I don't want to put myself in that situation."

United have not publicly put a timescale on the defender's recovery, saying only that he would miss "most of the season". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm still trying to work out how Martin is going to handover all these bottles of coke icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he cant afford them anyway icon_wink.gif

not paying me back till next month

Just ordered a ticket for the WBA league cup game.

Can someone confirm that the WIgan game is on a Wednesday in December?

The site says the 14th but I want to double check before I order a ticket for it. Just seems a bit strange for a league game to be on a Wednesday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just ordered a ticket for the WBA league cup game.

Can someone confirm that the WIgan game is on a Wednesday in December?

The site says the 14th but I want to double check before I order a ticket for it. Just seems a bit strange for a league game to be on a Wednesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its our game in hand I think so yeah should be on a Wednesday

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Everton is on a Sunday too so I needa ticket for that if anyone has a spare icon_smile.gif (keith) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whens the game??

And btw the cheeky fecker wanted £37 not £32 he adds £5 on for some reason the crunt

Does anyone know whether there's any kind of train service on Boxing Day? I'm trying to work out if there's any hope at all of getting up for the WBA league game from my parents house or whether I'll have to look to sell my ticket icon_frown.gif

Just got a call from my mate who works at the Lowry hotel in Salford, Fergie and Gill are there with none other than....Diego Forlan, say it aint so, PLEASE, went into one of the Conference suites about half an hour ago.

God Fergie, have some bloody sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be true!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CKKJ:

Just got a call from my mate who works at the Lowry hotel in Salford, Fergie and Gill are there with none other than....Diego Forlan, say it aint so, PLEASE, went into one of the Conference suites about half an hour ago.

God Fergie, have some bloody sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be true! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Does anyone know whether there's any kind of train service on Boxing Day? I'm trying to work out if there's any hope at all of getting up for the WBA league game from my parents house or whether I'll have to look to sell my ticket icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk

Try the journey planner there. It's almost always up to date with any information regards services cancelled etc

Nick, Malvern isn't it?

Couldn't you look at going up with one of the local branches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buckingham, usually get the train up from Milton Keynes but there's no services at all from there, Oxford or anywhere else seemingly. Gonna look into coaches and then branches but I'm not sure if there's a branch nearby :/

No Ballack in January

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Bayern Munich's Michael Ballack will not be leaving in the January transfer window, says his agent, despite claims he could join Manchester United.

The 29-year-old midfielder is out of contract in the summer and he is due to tell the club if he wants to stay or leave before the end of this month.

"There is absolutely no chance of him leaving in January, it would not make sense," said his agent Michael Becker.

"He has spoken to no-one yet about his future, certainly not any other club."

Bayern are believed to be offering Ballack a four-year extension, and boss Felix Magath says he is keen to have the issue resolved so the team can concentrate on on-the-field matters instead.

"I think Michael will either say he is staying, or he will say he is leaving and would like to join a particular club," said Becker.

"That would at least allow him to start negotiating in January.

"I still don't believe he has totally decided in his own mind what he wants to do, although he is probably pretty close."

If he did decide to quit, Manchester United would be keen to move for him to replace Roy Keane, who is expected to leave Old Trafford in the summer.

But Real Madrid and both Milan sides would also be interested in the German captain.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Neville set for United comeback

Manchester United right-back Gary Neville could make his Premiership return against Charlton next Saturday.

The 30-year-old England defender is recovering from a hernia operation and has not played since August.

But he could play in a friendly against non-league Burton Albion next Monday to mark the official opening of the Conference club's Pirelli Stadium.

Neville said: "I started training this week and should be fit enough to play against Charlton."

Neville's return will be a boost to United manager Sir Ferguson who has been without several key players since the start of the season.

Left-back Gabriel Heinze could miss the entire campaign with a cruciate ligament injury while Roy Keane, Quinton Fortune and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer are also sidelined.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

Nick, there's certainly an Oxford Branch. Think there are Milton Keynes and Northampton Branches too. The East Anglia and Norfolk branches also do pick-ups around the M1 too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent, will have to check those out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Big Nev :*))))

Nev / Brown / Rio / Silv PLEASE, none of that O'Shea wankbag </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This needs to be done

Front page of Saturday's Sun paper says that the Man Utd dressing room was bugged against Chelsea, and the tapes have been sent to the Sun who ahve returned them to old trafford, and apparantly the Sun has said what was said in the dressing room.

It appears we have a traitor in the theater of dreams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSithLord:

Front page of Saturday's Sun paper says that the Man Utd dressing room was bugged against Chelsea, and the tapes have been sent to the Sun who ahve returned them to old trafford, and apparantly the Sun has said what was said in the dressing room.

It appears we have a traitor in the theater of dreams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rio still not happy with his contract?

*hides back into the shadows woosh*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSithLord:

It appears we have a traitor in the theater of dreams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glazerite icon_mad.gif

It appears we have a traitor in the [/b]theater[/b] of dreams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glazerite icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FIXED icon_biggrin.gif

Archived