Qualified for CL; Why is the Transfer Budget now Red?

13 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Changes we made in our latest update should make this scenario even rarer, (possibly gone, I don't believe I've seen any fresh instances of this since our update) when we tested a users save we were unable to reproduce the issue with the latest update changes to Finances.

Thanks for getting it done!

@Dagenham_Dave we will all be waiting for your statement about how wrong you were in this thread for weeks. "no no it doesn't need fixing it's the players fault blah blah blah"

Well guess what buddy Si wasn't in agreement and got the job done finally!

Remember this before you go spouting off in every thread how it's always the FM players fault. 

Edited by JimmysTheBestCop

On 27/11/2023 at 01:14, Dagenham_Dave said:

I would rather SI looked at tightening up that aspect of the game so it isn't easy to do. 

On 28/11/2023 at 17:25, Zachary Whyte said:

Getting to 2+ Billion in profit is very hard and very rare. Our next game update will include some changes to make scenarios like this rarer

14 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Changes we made in our latest update should make this scenario even rarer, (possibly gone, I don't believe I've seen any fresh instances of this since our update)

Oh, Jimmy. 

I would say 'Swing and a miss' but somehow that doesn't really do it justice. 

21 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Oh, Jimmy. 

I would say 'Swing and a miss' but somehow that doesn't really do it justice. 

Bro keep denying you were wrong. When the devs said it's a problem and now fixed. 

But you bashed the player base for 2 pages of this thread. 

You are the biggest troll on this forum. The devs proved you wrong and your still denying it. 

You keep on trolling and we will keep working to get fm better. 

Edited by JimmysTheBestCop

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

It sounds like they just added something where the chairman will take a billion as dividends or something when it's getting close. Doubt they actually "fixed" the code overrun but just made it incredibly rare

It’s a programming limit. If SI were to shift to the code to allow it to store and calculate values>2.1b, I guarantee the forums will be flooded asking why the processing takes such a long time.  

On 26/11/2023 at 11:55, Dagenham_Dave said:

Probably won't be high on the priority list regardless. Can't imagine many people would ever have a transfer budget that high. 

It happened to me a couple of times - I also like long saves and after some decades you can have a lot of money. However, with me it was usually the sale of 1-2 players for really big bucks that tipped the transfer funds into negative, and the next time the board allocated the transfer budget, it was OK again. There could be a similar workaround as with funds, where the board just "invests" the money once you get over a billion. There could be a coded hard limit of 1 billion and your transfer budget doesn't increase even if you sell someone.

7 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Bro keep denying you were wrong. When the devs said it's a problem and now fixed. 

But you bashed the player base for 2 pages of this thread. 

You are the biggest troll on this forum. The devs proved you wrong and your still denying it. 

You keep on trolling and we will keep working to get fm better. 

I genuinely refuse to believe you are this dense. 

11 hours ago, keithbeaky said:

Probably not for ten years there shouldn't be. 

Oh sweet summer child.

The bigger the company the far more likely there are systems older than you are still clinging onto life despite being bug-riddled messes that are simply too important to be switched off.

Using company size as a metric for determining how many bugs there should be is stupid.  You may as well use what colours the walls are in their office.

Issue has been around for sometime, Easiest workaround I would have though would have been just the club spend a certain amount (lets face it, a 10 million is a drop in the ocean at this point) on "Miscellaneous Expenditure" once it hits 1B to keep it at a certain value.

Maybe this is what they have done? Would like to know out of interest, as I'm a nosey sod.

3 hours ago, forameuss said:

Oh sweet summer child.

The bigger the company the far more likely there are systems older than you are still clinging onto life despite being bug-riddled messes that are simply too important to be switched off.

Using company size as a metric for determining how many bugs there should be is stupid.  You may as well use what colours the walls are in their office.

Its been fixed, looks like it was an easy fix. Not sure the game is now going into meltdown. Weird place this with apologists who just love to argue for arguing. 

25 minutes ago, keithbeaky said:

Its been fixed, looks like it was an easy fix. Not sure the game is now going into meltdown. Weird place this with apologists who just love to argue for arguing. 

When confronted with the reality of things, just throw out something about how anyone who disagrees is an apologist.  Top work.

They've put in something that can lessen the chances of it happening, which doesn't seem like a "fix" to me.  Thought you guys were all over stuff like that?  Actually properly fixing it isn't as simple, which is maybe why it's still around?  That seemed to be your original point before you started scrambling for another.