[FM24] FM Auto Editor Project

forameuss

14 hours ago, forameuss said:

Made myself a liar with that last post...

Almost two weeks later, still no updated release unfortunately, but don't chalk that up to me abandoning it or anything, because nothing could be further from the truth.  Those that have been using it - again, thank you to anyone that has provided feedback so far - have made two things pretty clear.  It's brittle and prone to break, and it's confusing.  On the second, it's absolute understandable.  I built this as something I wanted to use, and as a result it was never really built from the start as this easy-to-use product for everyone.  It was very much "well, I'll put that there, and I'll know it's there".  So at the very least, I'll be delivering full documentation with the next version that will hopefully make everything a little clearer and get rid of the confusing part.  

On the former...well, that's where most of my time has gone.  I won't go into great detail about the development because it bores even me, but testing is a skill I often struggle with, and it's clear there's a number of parts of the system that either don't work correctly or just don't work at all.  So I've been spending all my time adding unit testing around as much of the system as I can.  Every single field of every single object should be tested, along with all the stuff around it.  This is...well, it's absolutely tedious.  But it's already exposed a few bits that didn't work, so it's definitely worth it.  

As for when the next version will arrive...I'll tentatively say by Christmas Day, but I'll emphasise tentatively.  Still working all the way up to Friday, so just getting evenings, but I'm hoping that'll be enough to at least level things out a bit.  Then I can start working on the more fun stuff again towards the new year.

Awesome, keep going!

*** UPDATE ALERT ***

So aye, you'll be getting a new version tomorrow no matter what.  I had hoped to round out 2023 by releasing it today, but I suspect if I do that, all the really tedious documentation I've written will be full of errors.  It's all been written, but I need to spend some time looking over it to make sure it's good.  

Version 0.2.1

It's here, and only marginally better than the previous version!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/jk1d53phyypguwc2ssvbg/h?rlkey=l0b4c0p5tyaxsoh30sfj0rc1g&dl=0

The above link should take you to a shared folder, in which you'll find both the new version of the tool, and the accompanying documentation.  The latest folder is the one you want. The documentation is not fully ready yet and looks pretty basic, but hopefully it answers a few questions that people have.  Just open the summary.html file in there, and you can navigate to the other tabs.  If there's any further questions you think should be added to the docs then please let me know and I'll get them added.

As for the tool, it's largely the same as it was before but should be more robust.  There is now a lot more validation on your inputs, so should you add a value that the editor won't accept, you'll see that reported in the logs.  Other than that, the big change will be that the spreadsheet looks a lot different.  Any input files you have before will need copied over to the new format, which is annoying but shouldn't be a huge amount of work.

As always, any issues, let me know.  I'm off to take a few hours break from looking at this before I start thinking what's next...

And as a quick window into what's next, here's a list of what's planned.  That's not to say there won't be more - particularly if anyone notes any issues in the coming weeks that I need to fix - but this is at least what's planned.

• Add support for different databases.  Currently, it will only work reliably with the base FM24 database.  That's not to say that you couldn't plug the same changes into FM23 and have it work flawlessly, you just run the risk of certain objects not being where you expect them to be.  Nations/Continents etc, they'll likely be fine, but if you're down in the weeds, you may have issues.  This will also mean that once a database update for FM24 drops, I can support both of them (as well as all three flavours of FM23 if people are interested)
  • More fields will be able to be added
    • Reserve Teams (club)
    • Media Policies (competition)
    • Captains (club)
    • Club Legends (club)
    • Club Icons (club)
    • Affiliations (club)
    • Captains (Nation)
    • Journalists
    • Records (club)
    • Records (competition)
    • Records (nation)
  • Make the Kit sections a bit easier to use

And because I've got at least a loose plan for things going forward, the following things are planned to be added in later versions. If these look more interesting to some, let me know and I can rejig things and maybe work on the popular ones earlier

• Add more detail to Finances for Clubs
  • Add more detail to Ownership for Clubs
  • Add better handling for colours to spreadsheet
  • Add more names for different nations
  • Add more detail to Teams for Competition
  • Add more detail to Transfers and Contracts in Nations
  • Fix derbies (they don't quite work)
  • More fields added
    • Famous Players (Nation)
    • History (Award)
    • Nation Transfer Preference (Club)
    • Nation Newgen Specifications (Club)
    • Stadium Change (Club)
    • Alternative Stadiums (Club)
    • Supporter Bans (Club)
    • Stadium Move (Club)
    • Regional Divisions (Club)
    • Supporter Objectives (Club)
    • Contract Types (Club)
    • Player Partnerships (Club)
    • Retired Squad Numbers (Club)
    • Responsibilities (Club)
    • Staff Policies (Competition)
    • Media Policies (Competition)
    • Past Transfers (Player)
    • Days at Club or Nation (Player)
    • Injuries (Player)
    • Achievements (Player)
  • Add support for basic rules

So my main computer is iMac 27" and I have tiny windows laptop, to use this I have to use on windows.

But editing the Excel spreadsheet on tiny screen 13.5", is a pain. I was wondering if I created the first steps on the windows laptop so it creates the excel file, then moving that excel file to my iMac, populate things there, then moving back the excel file when it is done to the windows laptop (probably replacing it the existing one). Is this possible?

15 minutes ago, JohnWarrington said:

This looks incredible.  Shame there isn't a program that allows you to export all the personal data from older FM games, would halve the time it takes to create retro databases

Getting the "base" data out of the editor is probably the most painful part.  I can see why SI don't make it easy, the ME and the DB are probably their crowning achievements, but it's still annoying.  Even with my method, all I'm really doing is getting the universal IDs.  I could extend that out and do the same process to get every field for an object, but that would be a mammoth task for little benefit (personally at least).

5 minutes ago, grade said:

So my main computer is iMac 27" and I have tiny windows laptop, to use this I have to use on windows.

But editing the Excel spreadsheet on tiny screen 13.5", is a pain. I was wondering if I created the first steps on the windows laptop so it creates the excel file, then moving that excel file to my iMac, populate things there, then moving back the excel file when it is done to the windows laptop (probably replacing it the existing one). Is this possible?

So I don't see why not.  When you open the tool and start a new project, all it's really doing is creating an Excel file based on the empty template.  If you take that elsewhere to populate it, then bring it back, it's an "existing" project now and you can do what you like with it.  

So yeah, create your new project on the Windows machine, get to the step where it tells you to edit your input file, transfer that over to wherever you want to work on it, then once you're done just copy it back into the same location.  Open the tool again, enter the project name, it'll pick up the changes.  Let me know if there's any issues with that.

On a general note, I think it's probably not a huge amount of work to get the tool working on a mac given it's just Python rather than Android/iOS sort of distinction. The only issue is I don't really have a proper machine to test it on, so would probably be a bit hit and hope.  I'll look into it, if it's easy enough to get the tool at least packaged that way I could fire it over to you and see if it works.

40 minutes ago, forameuss said:

On a general note, I think it's probably not a huge amount of work to get the tool working on a mac given it's just Python rather than Android/iOS sort of distinction. The only issue is I don't really have a proper machine to test it on, so would probably be a bit hit and hope.  I'll look into it, if it's easy enough to get the tool at least packaged that way I could fire it over to you and see if it works.

That would be excellent for Mac user perspective. Thanks. :D

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

Getting the "base" data out of the editor is probably the most painful part.  I can see why SI don't make it easy, the ME and the DB are probably their crowning achievements, but it's still annoying.  Even with my method, all I'm really doing is getting the universal IDs.  I could extend that out and do the same process to get every field for an object, but that would be a mammoth task for little benefit (personally at least).

So I don't see why not.  When you open the tool and start a new project, all it's really doing is creating an Excel file based on the empty template.  If you take that elsewhere to populate it, then bring it back, it's an "existing" project now and you can do what you like with it.  

So yeah, create your new project on the Windows machine, get to the step where it tells you to edit your input file, transfer that over to wherever you want to work on it, then once you're done just copy it back into the same location.  Open the tool again, enter the project name, it'll pick up the changes.  Let me know if there's any issues with that.

I've been trying to get a hold of the guy behind FM Scout's Genie Scout as early versions of their work allow for it to happen but for legal reasons, they can no longer release it publicly in full with the facility to export attributes.

2024-01-05 16:00:42.733697 - ERROR - Operator - Error in Building Structures
2024-01-05 16:00:42.834957 - ERROR - Operator - '<=' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'

I assume this means the database has something in the data that the program doesn't like?

@JohnWarrington one for you, but also one for general.  I've released a small fix to the tool, in the same latest folder at the dropbox link.  You would have seen this error if you were using the Player tab, as there was a column there that shouldn't have been (Agent...for some reason it doesn't work in the editor, so I meant to remove it).  That's now removed, and a slight change to the logging.  Nothing major

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.a1358441e3e86b8a14d41d0dcca699d3.png

I'm getting this error when the cities start to populate. I also had the following error when trying to initially create the stadia, '<=' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'

52 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

image.png.a1358441e3e86b8a14d41d0dcca699d3.png

I'm getting this error when the cities start to populate. I also had the following error when trying to initially create the stadia, '<=' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'

Are you trying to create a new city for Corofin or use the existing one?  Looking at the list of existing objects, there's only one in there so not sure why that would be popping up.

The second error is one that someone else has seen, but would need a look at the data to see exactly what's happening.  If you PM me over the input spreadsheet I can take a look when I get a minute.

21 hours ago, forameuss said:

Are you trying to create a new city for Corofin or use the existing one?  Looking at the list of existing objects, there's only one in there so not sure why that would be popping up.

The second error is one that someone else has seen, but would need a look at the data to see exactly what's happening.  If you PM me over the input spreadsheet I can take a look when I get a minute.

PM sent. I was trying to create a new one, I've added a suffix of the local region the town is in now. Had the same issue with a different town with a name similar to existing ones, so I presume it is just an issue with similar names breaking the output.

1 hour ago, adineen98 said:

PM sent. I was trying to create a new one, I've added a suffix of the local region the town is in now. Had the same issue with a different town with a name similar to existing ones, so I presume it is just an issue with similar names breaking the output.

Yeah, if you're creating a new object with the same name as the old, you'll see that error for now.  You could just amend the existing one unless there's some reason you want both.  But appending anything else to the name should sort that in the short term.  

As a bit of an explainer about generally what's happening, when you start up a generation, it goes and gets all the objects that were in the database already and puts them into a temporary database (including Corofin).  It then goes over all the objects you're trying to create, and adds those to the same database (adding Corofin again).  Then I assume you have some other object (Club probably) which has Corofin as its City.  To try and find the unique ID for that City, it looks up Corofin, but finds two objects, so doesn't know which one it should choose.

Wow, this looks really, really exciting for me!!

A couple of years ago, I created a database for the Dutch league structure, down to Tier 11. I needed to add competitions (parent and child competitions), cities, clubs (approx. 2500, including home kits), stadiums, regional boundaries etc.

I used a pretty big Excel (and horrible looking) spreadsheet to do a mass edit, with converting the data in the spreadsheet to an .xml file and loading it in the editor. The last time (FM17) it worked well, although it was very much work.

Now, after a 7-years absence, I wanted to do the same, only to find out the FM24 editor can only produce .fmf files and does not allow .xml file to be saved anymore. That sort of files I used to identify what parameters I needed to mass edit with my spreadsheet. So I pretty much had given up my efforts to make a new database for the Dutch leagues.

Until I found this, and it makes my life a lot easier. I still need to look into it, if it can do everything I need it to do. But the amount of workload it takes of my hands, is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, this is a really great project so thank you for your time!

Just had a quick question, does this allow for editing existing entities? For example, if I wanted to edit an existing club and replace their players, how would I do this? Thanks.

Yeah, you can edit existing objects.  There's documentation in the project that should guide you along the right lines, but you can create new players and assign them to a club.  

Thinking about it though, one thing I don't know if you can do is clear out the existing players easily.  You could do it by listing all the players and setting their club individually, but that's not ideal.

On 04/01/2024 at 11:50, forameuss said:

I would certainly be happy to test and provide feedback for a Mac version.  Since it's just creating an XML of created data, would it be backwards-compatible to recent FMs as well? (thinking FM22 specifically)

14 minutes ago, Toronto Blizzard said:

I would certainly be happy to test and provide feedback for a Mac version.  Since it's just creating an XML of created data, would it be backwards-compatible to recent FMs as well? (thinking FM22 specifically)

Unfortunately there is no Mac version as of yet.  I'll be investigating doing so at some point as I don't imagine it'd be a huge task, but it hasn't been looked at yet.

Theoretically it's backwards compatible to FM23 in terms of looking up existing objects, but the structure of what's available to be edited is based solely on 24, so if a particular field is new to the game, I've no idea how it'll react.  Also not sure if any of the fields have had their property_id (the value that tells the editor which field is changing) changed in between versions, if they have there'll be issues.

General update, since it's been a while.  I'm currently trying to package up the next big(ish) release of things.  Had intended it to be there at the end of the month, but that's long slipped obviously.  In terms of what's in it, it'll include (but not limited to)

• New Objectds
    • Journalist
    • Agent
    • Player/Non Player
  • Club Data
    • Records
    • Affiliations
    • Legends
    • Icons
    • Captains
    • Reserve Teams
  • Nation Data
    • Captains
    • Records
  • Competition Data
    • Records
  • General
    • Reworked the way validation is done to take away a lot of the problems on the spreadsheet.  This'll mean no more cases of the spreadsheet performing terribly while it tries to highlight cells (and often getting it wrong), and more feedback as to what you've done wrong in the app itself.  
    • Reworked how you create projects on the tool to separate new from existing

I've probably forgotten stuff that I've added, but that's everything based on the issues I created specifically for the version.  Currently in the process of adding testing around it all so it doesn't arrive completely broken. 

No ETA yet, as it's slow progress, but the project now has a bit of a lifespan, at least at this stage as my wife is pregnant and due towards the end of July.  After that...yeah, I'm unlikely to be able to spend a lot of time on new features.  Once I get the next version out, I'll have a proper plan out of the stuff I want to get added, then come the Summer hopefully it's full enough so I can just concentrate on minor fixes.  Maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Your project looks amazing and would be really useful for the FM community. A few years ago, I created a database with over 3500 clubs, and seeing this possibility makes me very interested in doing it again

I tried running some tests, but I'm encountering issues because the records are not found after the import:

image.png.88475344e05ec26a8d01c9779c5489ef.png

To test, I just provided some minimal input: [link]
(maybe my input is not adequate, or I am skipping an important step)

Code:

Spoiler
<record>
	<list id="verf"/>
	<list id="db_changes">
		<record>
			<integer id="database_table_type" value="55"/>
			<large id="db_unique_id" value="4995544387"/>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1094992978"/>
			<record id="new_value">
				<integer id="database_table_type" value="2"/>
				<integer id="dcty" value="0"/>
				<large id="db_unique_id" value="2000314856"/>
			</record>
			<integer id="version" value="3563"/>
			<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131307373"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="New City A"/>
			<string id="odvl" value=""/>
			<boolean id="is_language_field" value="true"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131312233"/>

<record id="new_value">
				<large id="Nnat" value="7082401072753"/>
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131180649"/>

<record id="new_value">
				<large id="lcrg" value="60151613994939283"/>
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1130460276"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="5"/>
			<string id="odvl" value="1"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
				<large id="db_unique_id" value="2000314857"/>
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="New City B"/>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="12"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<large id="db_unique_id" value="4437737406"/>
			<record id="new_value">
				<integer id="database_table_type" value="3"/>
				<large id="db_unique_id" value="2000314995"/>
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="Club A"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131638381"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131640942"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="CLUBA"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131164526"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="CLA"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1130443630"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="A"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1413705326"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1347184494"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="0"/>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1130524265"/>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1130586990"/>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1130591353"/>

<record id="new_value">
				<large id="city" value="13320664977986323"/>
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1132029550"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="1935"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131442803"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="1"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131244645"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="8"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131570544"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="320"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1129538384"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1130919017"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131378542"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="3"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131638644"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="True"/>
			<string id="odvl" value="false"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<unsigned id="property" value="1131180147"/>
			<string id="new_value" value="18"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
				<large id="db_unique_id" value="2000314996"/>
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="Club B"/>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="CLUBB"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="CLB"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="B"/>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
				<large id="db_unique_id" value="2000314997"/>
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="Club C"/>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="CLUBC"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="CLC"/>
		</record>
		<record>
			<string id="new_value" value="C"/>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
	</list>
	<integer id="rule_group_version" value="1534"/>
	<boolean id="beta" value="false"/>
	<string id="orvs" value="2400"/>
	<string id="svvs" value="2400"/>
</record>

On 02/03/2024 at 22:15, joaquin87 said:

Hi! Your project looks amazing and would be really useful for the FM community. A few years ago, I created a database with over 3500 clubs, and seeing this possibility makes me very interested in doing it again

I tried running some tests, but I'm encountering issues because the records are not found after the import:

Code:

Hide contents
<record>
	<list id="verf"/>
	<list id="db_changes">
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
	</list>
</record>

Without plugging it in and having a look at it, I'm reaching in the dark a bit, but from experience of errors like that, I suspect it's an ID collision of sorts.  

When the editor reports that record not found, it's because it's trying to assign a change to an item with ID X, but X doesn't exist.  As an example from yours, you're creating a city with ID 2000337279, and then trying to assign all the changes to object 2000314856. That latter object doesn't exist, so you see RECORD NOT FOUND.  I'm at work, so can't see the spreadsheet you've linked, there might be something in there, or it could be an issue with the system itself.  If I get a chance I'll take a look, but getting less and less time to look at this unfortunately. 

Another (unfortunately minor) update on things with this.  I know on the last post I talked about almost having an updated version, but in my infinite wisdom, I changed my approach to how I gathered together all the changes I was making.  After spending ages getting all the testing right, I went to do a final check of everything and it was error central.  I think some stuff got mismerged, particularly on the spreadsheet side, and I'm faced with spending ages watching it fail, making minor changes, then pushing it to the next failure.  Couple that with getting generally less time to work on things, and it's not the greatest recipe, so I apologise. Hopefully I can still release that incremental version, but will let you know.

One thing I am pursuing though when I get a chance is a sort of 2.0 version.  I know, I know, I'm talking about a 2.0 version when 1.0 is still toss, but from working on this it's clear that having that Excel step is really not doing anyone any favours. It's awkward, it's platform-specific, and it just doesn't work very well generally.  I'm investigating whether I can build something that really simplifies the whole process and removes all the woolly stuff that keeps breaking, but that might end up being a longer-term FM25 based project.  And of course, that'll probably be where SI completely change the way data is structured or something.  

hace 4 horas, forameuss dijo:

Without plugging it in and having a look at it, I'm reaching in the dark a bit, but from experience of errors like that, I suspect it's an ID collision of sorts.  

When the editor reports that record not found, it's because it's trying to assign a change to an item with ID X, but X doesn't exist.  As an example from yours, you're creating a city with ID 2000337279, and then trying to assign all the changes to object 2000314856. That latter object doesn't exist, so you see RECORD NOT FOUND.  I'm at work, so can't see the spreadsheet you've linked, there might be something in there, or it could be an issue with the system itself.  If I get a chance I'll take a look, but getting less and less time to look at this unfortunately. 

Oh, I see! Sorry, I hadn't noticed that significant difference. That's because of the new db 24.3 that was released a few days ago, which modified the UIDs. The ID for new clubs is now 2000337288.

It works perfectly in db 24.2:

image.png.58dfb88906422905da3985a8c622d2dc.png

I didn't know about the project until a few days ago, and I was just unlucky enough to try it when the database was updated. But it really is an excellent program, very easy to use and with an unimaginable reach despite all the limitations that SI puts on us.

Thanks a lot! I hope you can continue with this project

13 hours ago, joaquin87 said:

Oh, I see! Sorry, I hadn't noticed that significant difference. That's because of the new db 24.3 that was released a few days ago, which modified the UIDs. The ID for new clubs is now 2000337288.

It works perfectly in db 24.2:

image.png.58dfb88906422905da3985a8c622d2dc.png

I didn't know about the project until a few days ago, and I was just unlucky enough to try it when the database was updated. But it really is an excellent program, very easy to use and with an unimaginable reach despite all the limitations that SI puts on us.

Thanks a lot! I hope you can continue with this project

That is my main gripe with editing stuff on editor. At each update they release there is probably a change in the UIDs (in major updates, that probability is certainty). That's why I only play the game properly when the last update is release... that way SI won't change the UIDs anymore and I have to change stuff only once. Like the graphics (logos and kits) of every team I created (imagine like 500+ created teams). Luckily a few automation process of Windows and Mac OS help me with that.

I made suggestion on editor suggestion sub-threads a few yeas ago, for SI to make unique IDs for create stuff (add a C for created Clubs or p for player/person, before the ID number), so that we don't have to constantly change the UIDs. It would make our lives a bit easier, but until this post was written, nothing changed. Maybe for FM25, but I will not hold my breath for my suggestion to ever see the light of day.

• 1 month later...
On 02/03/2024 at 22:15, joaquin87 said:

Code:

Reveal hidden contents
<record>
	<list id="verf"/>
	<list id="db_changes">
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>
			<record id="new_value">
			</record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>
		</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
		<record>

<record id="new_value">
			</record>

</record>
	</list>
</record>

I had this exact problem with the same UIDs. The work around I found was to find out what the next UID for the city is (on a blank database this would be 2000337279) and then use a text editor to replace the UIDs generated by the app. That way it worked for me. It's not the most efficient method, but it gets the job done. The only thing I've found is I had to re-assign the local regions manually.

Is it possible to link the project to an existing database? For example as I continue to make changes or do I need to install a new database and use the default values every time? For example I reactivate the dead nations and rename a lot of the default stuff, so I am just wondering if there's a way to make such changes reflected in the project so it doesn't fail when generating?

On 07/04/2024 at 05:15, xbenjaminx said:

Is it possible to link the project to an existing database? For example as I continue to make changes or do I need to install a new database and use the default values every time? For example I reactivate the dead nations and rename a lot of the default stuff, so I am just wondering if there's a way to make such changes reflected in the project so it doesn't fail when generating?

Not currently.  Only really supports starting from a fresh point.

14 hours ago, xbenjaminx said:

Going to assume all of this will still function with 24.4?

No idea, would depend on how they've changed the unique IDs.  If they've shifted, you'll probably run into problems.

6 hours ago, forameuss said:

No idea, would depend on how they've changed the unique IDs.  If they've shifted, you'll probably run into problems.

To be fair, I have to change most of the UIDs anyway but I use a text editor for that. It's not the end of the world. In principle it still functions.

The endless problems of Unique IDs everytime SI rembers to add stuff in their updates... :rolleyes:

Since the final update has been released, now real work begins for my files.

Edited by grade

On 10/04/2024 at 09:23, forameuss said:

Did you have the chance to check if there was the Unique IDs change?