Positive post

Genuinely after playing the game for the first 10 hours this year. I honestly think this is the best fm so far. Much better in speed when loading and as for the bugs there are a few that are irritating mainly the wing play thing. Also the constant loan offers but that is sorted now,  overall nothing game breaking. This whole sub issue i haven’t had it happen to the extent some people are describing it. I’d say AI Make subs at the same rate as a lot of prem manager 2 or 3 and sometimes none. Reckon with better graphics and reducing as many bugs every year SI can take this game to another level as I do see improvements ever year. Thought I’d spread some positivity as there is a lot of negativity now days and pepole are more likely to complain then say something positive 

Edited by Brad0026

Definately too buggy imo to start a long term save - team talks issues, high scoring games etc etc. and as JimmyThe BestCop says more buggy than last 2 versions.

But looking forward to it once its patched as I believe and hope once it is it could potenitally be the best version

Edited by wazza

17 hours ago, Brad0026 said:

Genuinely after playing the game for the first 10 hours this year. I honestly think this is the best fm so far. Much better in speed when loading and as for the bugs there are a few that are irritating mainly the wing play thing. Also the constant loan offers but that is sorted now,  overall nothing game breaking. This whole sub issue i haven’t had it happen to the extent some people are describing it. I’d say AI Make subs at the same rate as a lot of prem manager 2 or 3 and sometimes none. Reckon with better graphics and reducing as many bugs every year SI can take this game to another level as I do see improvements ever year. Thought I’d spread some positivity as there is a lot of negativity now days and pepole are more likely to complain then say something positive 

This is a key reason why you should never listen to anyone on here, positive or negative, just play the game yourself and make your own mind up. 

The game is fantastic this year, I don't see half of the stuff people whine about, and the few bugs I do see aren't game breaking enough for me to want to stop. So, fill your boots. Glad you're enjoying it. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is a key reason why you should never listen to anyone on here, positive or negative, just play the game yourself and make your own mind up. 

The game is fantastic this year, I don't see half of the stuff people whine about, and the few bugs I do see aren't game breaking enough for me to want to stop. So, fill your boots. Glad you're enjoying it. 

This is as extraordinary a take as those claiming that every minor injury or training ground bust up is a bug that SI need to investigate. 

The reality is there are some pretty significant bugs (that SI have acknowledged and are working on) that have ruined the game for a lot of people already (after going in blind with everyone else when the beta launched). AI not substituting unfit or under-performing players until late in the match gives you a massive in match advantage. AI squad building logic being wonky gives you a massive advantage long term. The other major one is obviously the overabundance of goals making the game feel inauthentic. It's safe to say people are noticing these issues without even considering joining a forum.

Whilst I wouldn't suggest reading every piece of praise and criticism on the internet, being an informed consumer is a great thing for not only the individual but also society in general. 

I think your line of thinking works better for other aspects of the game, although even that is a matter of taste. I'd never plug in a hyper optimised training schedule that somebody else has made, same with tactics and shortlists of players. I don't want to know how every opaque by design aspect of the game works.

I was one of those bemoaning the game at first but I'm now 6 months and many hours into my first season and really enjoying the game. Can't see any of the bugs mentioned like high scoring, injuries and player unhappiness.

It helps that I've created a realistic setup with many leagues all playable across the world totalling 130,000 players with my league and all international competitions on full detail. It also helps that I try and stick to realistic formations and tactics. I also have atribute masking on and I only sign players from the ones recommended by my scouts or other staff.

I do believe FM24 will be better then the last 2 previous versions by New Years. However long term now that SI opened themselves up to importing saves.

I think they need major rewrites to overall mechanics of the game. There will be no point importing save to the next version and maybe even the version after that if the SI Universe isnt more dynamic. What would be the point playing a save for 100 years over 2 or 3 versions if the Human Player cannot really impact the game world.

Just as SI added 3 options to start new games in 24 I believe they will need to add another option for full dynamics for long term saves and build a nation type of saves and just for extreme future predictions. Running a save for 150 years and seeing what happens.

All of that now requires so much editing pre game to even help those types of saves it is far outside normal FM players field of expertise. 

19 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

I was one of those bemoaning the game at first but I'm now 6 months and many hours into my first season and really enjoying the game. Can't see any of the bugs mentioned like high scoring, injuries and player unhappiness.

It helps that I've created a realistic setup with many leagues all playable across the world totalling 130,000 players with my league and all international competitions on full detail. It also helps that I try and stick to realistic formations and tactics. I also have atribute masking on and I only sign players from the ones recommended by my scouts or other staff.

That's how i play it and i always wonder why people find so many trouble than i remember people try their best to break stuff for easy win if you play the game in a realistic way the game is pretty much very enjoyable with some but for sure i had a couple of player complaining of stuff that made no sense i had him playing IWB and he got all mad because i wasn't playing him his favorite position that was IWB but after 2 week the complain disappear and all went back to normal

3 hours ago, yoyobandito said:

AI not substituting unfit or under-performing players until late in the match gives you a massive in match advantage. AI squad building logic being wonky gives you a massive advantage long term. The other major one is obviously the overabundance of goals making the game feel inauthentic. It's safe to say people are noticing these issues without even considering joining a forum.

The goals in my league are currently less than in real life. AI teams make normal substitutions most of the time (although this can still be tweaked), and almost 7 seasons in, I'm seeing better squad building around the AI than I've seen in a long, long time. So much so that this is the first game since around FM14 where I'm actually really struggling. In season 7 in the Scottish Prem, Aberdeen and Falkirk are currently the top 2, both having recruited superbly alongside bringing through some cracking youth players. Hibs and Dundee United also now strongly challenging Celtic and Rangers for the same reasons, whereas I'm toiling in 9th place on an absolutely horrendous run of form. I've managed in Scotland almost every year in FM, and I've never seen this type of work from the AI this early in the game before. Glorious. 

Maybe it's a league thing, maybe it's a country thing. Maybe these issues are there, but just aren't anywhere near as bad as people make out. Who knows? All I can tell you from my own experience is there's very little wrong with it so far. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

The goals in my league are currently less than in real life. AI teams make normal substitutions most of the time (although this can still be tweaked), and almost 7 seasons in, I'm seeing better squad building around the AI than I've seen in a long, long time. So much so that this is the first game since around FM14 where I'm actually really struggling. In season 7 in the Scottish Prem, Aberdeen and Falkirk are currently the top 2, both having recruited superbly alongside bringing through some cracking youth players. Hibs and Dundee United also now strongly challenging Celtic and Rangers for the same reasons, whereas I'm toiling in 9th place on an absolutely horrendous run of form. I've managed in Scotland almost every year in FM, and I've never seen this type of work from the AI this early in the game before. Glorious. 

Maybe it's a league thing, maybe it's a country thing. Maybe these issues are there, but just aren't anywhere near as bad as people make out. Who knows? All I can tell you from my own experience is there's very little wrong with it so far. 

I trust Hearts are back in the Championship? 😁

1 hour ago, priority76 said:

Well this thread is a little breath of fresh air.  Going by the feedback thread 95% of people playing are being forced to endure the worst FM ever.

Its not the worst FM will probably be one of the best. But there are a lot of bugs for a lot of people. I havent started my long term save yet in 24 yet. FM is on such a tight schedule it needed another month to cook. I dont think itll be ready for prime time until near December,

It's a good game but needs a bit more polish to be the best FM in the series. The best thing i find so far in FM24 is the processing speed, faster than FM23. I played a bit 23 last week but feels sluggish compared to 24.