[FM24] Kit designs not displaying in editor?

MorrisseyMuse

2 minutes ago, MorrisseyMuse said:

Hi folks!

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I try to edit kits in the editor, the kit templates all show as blank?

This is a known bug reported in the bug tracker.

It might be a bug but honestly how could it not of been picked up before release . But it will get fixed next week but in the meantime you can fix it yourself if you want to .

You will need the Resourse Archiver 

You need to extract the graphics file from    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\game . Save it to your desktop or wherever . After you have extracted it click on it and then click on pictures and you will see a file called restricted . Just remove it ( best to save it wherever ) . Then go back into resource archiver and click create archiver and return the extraced file back into FM24 to the game file you extracted it from . 

Reload editor and you will see your kits 

Edited by alian62

On 12/11/2023 at 14:14, alian62 said:

It might be a bug but honestly how could it not of been picked up before release . But it will get fixed next week but in the meantime you can fix it yourself if you want to .

You will need the Resourse Archiver 

You need to extract the graphics file from    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\game . Save it to your desktop or wherever . After you have extracted it click on it and then click on pictures and you will see a file called restricted . Just remove it ( best to save it wherever ) . Then go back into resource archiver and click create archiver and return the extraced file back into FM24 to the game file you extracted it from . 

Reload editor and you will see your kits 

Completely insane that this wasn't picked up before. Purchased the game in presale, couldn't played without the Editor. The Editor is finally release it, with that huge gap on the experience. I haven't played the game once, still waiting for this to be fixed so I can play in the experience that I like to create.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, alian62 said:

Why? I've still have mine working 

Simply put nothing I did was able to change anything in my version of the editor. I dont know if its my cache, my install, my whatever, but all I seem to have accomplished was removing the Icon picture

I have certainly broken something on my end

Update: I just did a fresh isntall, and didnt touch the graphics file. Instead I set the restricted folder access to false in the editor "specialfolders" file, and it worked

Edited by animal31