[FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 708 Teams, 12 Levels

Its here, Babes

708 teams, 24 new teams, new U23/U20 Competitions

Compete in a complete restructuring of the Canadian soccer pyramid, complete with 12 levels of competitions, featuring a total of 668 teams from leagues across Canada. Fight for league cups, and a complete overhaul of the Canadian Championship, from an expanded Canadian Premier League of 16 teams, with full Promotion and Relegation. A completely reasonable future for Canadian Soccer, this file allows you to compete as any team in Canada as if Canada was England, allowing little Surrey United to fight a battle against Vancouver at what is now Christine Sinclair Place for the chance to represent Canada in CONCACAF.

23.24.0 -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3076339755

23.24.1->https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3083594002

23.24.3->https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3129061403

23.24.4-> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3150794516

24.3.0 -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3170694333

You can also download the file directly from this post, however you must log in

Check out my discord if you would like https://discord.gg/6dBFcPzRNa

A Full List of Changes

Structure

There are 12 levels of Soccer in this database

The first 2 leagues feature 16 teams. Both play for the Matheson Cup, while level 2 plays for the Wilkinson Cup

Level 3 features 32 teams across 2 leagues, and play for the Schmidt Cup

Level 4 features 32 teams spread across 2 leagues, and play for the Fleming Cup as well as compete against level 3 in the Leblanc Cup. Combined, all 4 of these levels play for the Sinclair cup

Levels 5, 6, and 7 all compete in the LeagueX system, with 6 leagues of 12 teams for each level, all competing for the Grosso Cup

Levels 8, 9, and 10 all compete in the DivisionX system, with 10 leagues of 8 teams for each level, all competing for the Rose Cup

And then Finally, USports, matching their real world structure, but in 3 leagues instead of 4, complete with a post season Memorial Cup style league, featuring both the League Winners, and the Cup winners, for a 6 team single round robin format. 

But that's not all, Theres also the USports junior division, where teams compete for promotion

The best of these leagues play for the 3 League cups, to determine who gets a bye to the quarterfinals of the Canadian Championship, alongside the winner of the Sinclair cup

Each of the senior teams has a U23 team, and a U20 team, which feature in Regional Youth Leagues, which feature relaxed rules, and two Challenge Cups to compete against USports and their U18 teams

Usports gets U18 teams which play in an HSports (Highschool analogue) league

All leagues mandate a certain number of Canadians, a few U21 players, and a U18 player in your match squad

5 subs from 12 for all competitions, some exceptions may be 6 subs, or max of 3 stoppages. the Top 4 levels all get 15 total subs as they also get to carry 3 U21 players on the bench

Each league comes with a number of awards, such as Canadian Team of the Year

Added Teams

Every team from the following leagues features in the database, up January 2023:

USports, Canadian Soccer League, Pacific Coast Soccer League, Vancouver Island Soccer League, Vancouver Metro Soccer League, Fraser Valley Soccer League, Alberta Major Soccer League, Saskatchewan Premier Soccer League, Manitoba Major Soccer League, League 1 Ontario Reserves, Ontario Soccer League, Ligue de Soccer Elite Quebec, Nova Scotia Soccer League, , New Brunswick Premier Senior Soccer League, and Newfoundland and Labrador Challenge Cup, and and now with teams from the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association

New Teams added from January 2024 in:

Canadian Soccer League, Pacific Coast Soccer League, Vancouver Island Soccer League, Vancouver Metro Soccer League, Fraser Valley Soccer League, Ontario Soccer League, League1 Ontario, League2 Ontario (etc), PLSQ, NBSL

Expanding joint teams out, to represent the future where these teams can compete without merging. A joint team will have two parent teams, with the parent teams being whatever the original organizations are

Future Proofing by including future expansion teams like Saskatoon, and Windsor

And just for fun, a minimal amount of fantasy, like a Bundesliga expansion, and my College, BCIT, and Ayr United Sudbury, so Quill18 can have his fun

This brings the total number of Playable teams to 707

Staff

Most teams feature their real world head coach when one was able to be documented

And of course, some female staff from the various Womens league such as Bev Priestmen, who takes over the Canadian U23 national team, hoping to bring home another Gold Medal at the Olympics, or Karina LeBlanc who manages the Portland Timbers 2nd team, an analogue for the Portland Thorns, and Stephanie Labbe who manages Vancouver 2, for the same reason. Give me that NWSL license, Sports interactive

Features

Every team plays in a stadium, all 708

Some teams have their stadiums updated, or changed. Teams like FC Edmonton are future proofed to play into the larger, right next door, Commonwealth Stadium

Every stadium in the game has a team. Olympic stadium houses an amateur team. Can you get them to fill the stadium?

Every team has a proper Jersey, or if one could not be found, one assigned. You wont be encountering any default generic red and blue teams as you make your way up the pyramid

Some teams such as the Church based teams, or the ethnic Community based teams, have club visions to match their status. Churches are asked to develop through their own youth system. Academy teams are asked the same, but also to sign young players, USports teams are asked to recruit out of high school, and teams such as ICSF Columbus are asked to sign Italians. Some fun visions exist too. Can you guess what you might need to do as Goals City FC?

The 2020 Gold Medal Winning Canadian Women's National Team have been added as icons and legends to the applicable teams. Can the Whitecaps live up to expectations and move into Christine Sinclair stadium?

Be on the look out for some interesting challenges. The worst team in the game is Unathletico Vancouver. Can you lead them to Glory?

FM23 Release -

20220626123542_1.jpg

20220626123701_1.jpg

20220626124754_1.jpg

20220626125140_1.jpg

20220626125426_1.jpg

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 23.24.4.fmf

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 24.3.0.fmf

Edited by animal31

Did you manage to add this league without messing the Canadian Championship (where you meet the other canadian teams based on MSL) and the CONCACAF Champions League? Because that always happened when meddling with Canada

1 minute ago, animal31 said:

The Canadian Championship has been expanded, and the winner still qualifies as normal

Nice, but I downloaded your file and the game doesn't start. It crashes anytime I try to start a new save. Maybe it's not compatible with my other personalized DBs. I'll try to figure it out

1 hour ago, mitzra3l said:

Nice, but I downloaded your file and the game doesn't start. It crashes anytime I try to start a new save. Maybe it's not compatible with my other personalized DBs. I'll try to figure it out

FM24 is definitly the buggiest release in the franchise for the Editor

There are people reporting that FM23 files just dont work in general, or that if you install your FM onto a drive other than C itll break, and ive of course been unlucky enough to do both. So if its not working, unfortunately I think we just have to live with FM23 for a couple of months

As a question

One of the teams that I must use is the Vancouver U23 team that plays in League1 BC, as this is the function of Vancouver 2, I simply extinct this team, and keep them in the U23s. This functionality is broken in FM24, and I have to keep the team alive

What should I do with this team?

A: Let them stay as is in the U23 system as a simple outlier, as Vancouvers 2nd U23 team

B: Give the other MLS teams "U23" teams, and let their 2 teams stay in the MLS system while their U23 team takes the new role as the Canadian U23 team

C: Give the other MLS Teams these "U23" Teams, but let their MLS2 teams play in the Canadian System  (As of right now the MLS 2 teams are broken, and don't sign players like a normal team would, which out be out of place if they played in Canada)

D: Keep the MLS2 teams as the U23s, turn this broken U23 team into a senior affiliate team that plays in the Canadian System with their own additional U23s and U20s

E: Balls to the Wall, one of the above, but in addition all U23s and U20s play in the Senior Pyramid, creating like 20 levels or whatever where the MLS academy teams play against like Surrey United, as true to real life

Edited by animal31

I havnt decided what to do about the MLS teams yet, but what im going to do for this year is release an update for leagues one at a time, league by league, from east to west. So they first update will be teams from the Vancouver metro league, and so on. It might suck for those of you who want the maritime leagues, but at least you can have something to hold you over. If you need to wait until I update everything, thats fair, but you can just wait till I release the entire update in like... 18 months or whatever its gonna take this time lol

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 23.24.2.fmf

This update adds 16 teams from the Vancouver Metro Soccer League, as well as an extra Metro Division to the lower leagues, complete with awards. I also rebalanced the BC leagues based on VSML teams that have gone extinct in real life, but I have not yet updated the other teams in the VMSL

Ill do one pass to add teams, then another to update existing teams

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Holidays. I hope you all had a good Christine Sinclair Day (BC Place is permanently renamed Christine Sinclair Place in all future updates)

I doubt this will be a disappointment for some, but the spliced U23 and U20 leagues have just become too costly on my soul to maintain, so i'm removing them. Every time I make a change to anything, it breaks and everything crashes, and as such im just gonna get rid of them. The Canadian Open is enough janky-mess for me

Instead, I'll be implementing Two "Challenge Cups" per youth level. This will see the Top 24 teams from the main youth pyramids face off against the Top 24 teams in Usports, and the second level of 48 teams play against the bottom 24 Usports teams.

This will allow the top level programs to still give U23 and U20 players their needed 30 games per season for optimal development, and as such they will see no changes to their schedules, while also having the beneficial side effect of removing almost 8000 games from the simulation per season for teams that literally will never develop players in the first place.

For those who still enjoy watching their youth programs go up and down the pyramid, I will be looking to increase the depth of the pyramids; and based on the results of the poll, maybe even bringing the U23 teams into the main senior pyramid

Hi, I think its a good idea to spliced U23/U20. Sometimes it was really messy when the 3 teams played on same day. 

Unfortunately, I dont think im gonna buy the new one but still enjoyed myself on FM23. I am in 2090 and I am still able to find new challenge :)

34 minutes ago, animal31 said:

Sorry for the delay but I encountered a weird glitch where all in game competitions retain their original name, and I cant seem to figure out a way to fix it

do you have a real name fix installed?

I do, but ive always had it installed, and this is a very new glitch for me. It started occurring after I saved the file after the names had been reverted in the editor. Prior to that it was fine. So im pretty sure this is just a me problem lol

39 minutes ago, animal31 said:

I do, but ive always had it installed, and this is a very new glitch for me. It started occurring after I saved the file after the names had been reverted in the editor. Prior to that it was fine. So im pretty sure this is just a me problem lol

Not sure if I'll be able to help unfortunately, best I could possibly say is the real name fix might cause it because it has some issues with that in the actual game before, sorry!

Either way, here's the British Columbia Update. All teams added from the VMSL, FVSL, and VISL. In addition to the changes outlines above, there are now singular premier divisions for youth teams, meaning Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal will all be playing in that division against the other CPL teams, while playing in local groups against SFU, TSS, etc, in the Challenge cups

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3129061403DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 23.24.3.fmf

• animal31 changed the title to [FM24] Full Canadian League Pyramid - 692 Team, 12 Levels

@animal31

Beautiful work here.

One question. The Canada Open Cup appears to not go beyond one round of play. Is there a way to use the editor to remove it?

I am not that familiar with the editor, so perhaps you could give step by step instructions.

I know how to load your custom database, but not sure how to make and save changes to it.

Cheers

Just now, Chad Beaulieu said:

@animal31

Beautiful work here.

One question. The Canada Open Cup appears to not go beyond one round of play. Is there a way to use the editor to remove it?

I am not that familiar with the editor, so perhaps you could give step by step instructions.

I know how to load your custom database, but not sure how to make and save changes to it.

Cheers

Yeah, so the Canadian Open is basically a friendly darby that takes place on Canada Day (or the closest the editor will allow me), it only ever has one round, but the draw of that round rotates over a 5 year window. Its meant as a way to have the MLS teams rotate through CPL, Usports, and Lower league teams to help build rivalries, and give smaller teams a chance to maybe make some money, while playing mostly Canadian squads, with 12 subs so they can showcase as many players they want

I was thinking of removing it and replacing it with something else, it definitely causes confused for people, but I haven't quite been able to figure out what. If you don't feel like playing it with your first team you can always just rotate in your U23s or what have you

@animal31

Thanks for letting me know.

I have an editor question for you.

If I open your custom database on the pre-game editor to make a change to one of the team names, do I have to do the full test rules for all the levels in order to save it and have it work on the game?

In other words, if I go in and make minor changes is there a way to save the updates to your custom database without having to do the full test rules? 

I cannot figure out how to update/change your database without having to do a full rules test and the rules test takes a long, long time to complete.

Cheers.

Edited by Chad Beaulieu

@animal31

I am loving this custom database. 

I have discovered one error. It has to do with the CONCACAF Champions Cup (CCC). The CCC starting in 2024 is meant to have 27 teams in it. Your custom database forces the CCC to run with 26 teams. Not necessarily a big deal as it still works and is very close to the real deal. I also recognize that you likely did not touch the CCC by reading post in this forum. However, the Canadian Championship winner is not qualifying for the next season, it is qualifying for the next, next season (ex: Vancouver wins 2023 edition but plays in CCC in 2025 not 2024). I know this as I started the game in FEB 2023 and holidayed until DEC 2026. I checked regularly along the way (see below for monthly check-ins) to see who qualified for the CCC (draw is on 10 DEC each year). I had MLS as view only to see if Toronto FC, Whitecaps or CF Montreal were qualifying by MLS play or Canadian Championship play. In my sim, none of the three did well enough in MLS to grab a CCC spot by MLS play.

Starting in 2024 here is the monthly timeline of teams added to CCC

July 2: 6 teams from Liga MX teams added (from closure/apertura standings)

End of Aug: 3 teams LEAGUES CUP added (teams in final and 3rd place winner)

End of Sept: 1 Lamar Hunt US open champ added

Nov :

2 teams playing in Central America Cup playoff final are both added

2 teams losing in Central America Cup semi-finals are both added

1 Canadian Premier League winner is added

1 Canadian Premier League 2nd place added (once Canadian Championship semi-finals completed)

Dec:

3 teams from Carribean Cup added (finalists + 3rd place winner)

2 teams playing in Central America Cup final added

AFTER MLS CUP:

5 teams from MLS added

I am not great with the editor.

I am guessing the issue is either that the end date for the Canadian Championship does not allow it to load the winner for the following season.

Any chance you can take a look at your database to see if anything you changed in the Canadian Championship is causing the one year delay for the winner to enter the CCC?

14 hours ago, Chad Beaulieu said:

@alian62

Thanks.

Can you clarify please...by 'the last league' you mean the lowest operating league in the custom database?

Yes .... But it will still take a while , No way around it

Edited by alian62

19 hours ago, alian62 said:

Yes .... But it will still take a while , No way around it

Welcome to my struggle every time I notice a little bug like a stadium being the wrong size

I have to reverify for every change i make lol

On 16/01/2024 at 17:17, Chad Beaulieu said:

@animal31

I am loving this custom database. 

I have discovered one error. It has to do with the CONCACAF Champions Cup (CCC). The CCC starting in 2024 is meant to have 27 teams in it. Your custom database forces the CCC to run with 26 teams. Not necessarily a big deal as it still works and is very close to the real deal. I also recognize that you likely did not touch the CCC by reading post in this forum. However, the Canadian Championship winner is not qualifying for the next season, it is qualifying for the next, next season (ex: Vancouver wins 2023 edition but plays in CCC in 2025 not 2024). I know this as I started the game in FEB 2023 and holidayed until DEC 2026. I checked regularly along the way (see below for monthly check-ins) to see who qualified for the CCC (draw is on 10 DEC each year). I had MLS as view only to see if Toronto FC, Whitecaps or CF Montreal were qualifying by MLS play or Canadian Championship play. In my sim, none of the three did well enough in MLS to grab a CCC spot by MLS play.

Starting in 2024 here is the monthly timeline of teams added to CCC

July 2: 6 teams from Liga MX teams added (from closure/apertura standings)

End of Aug: 3 teams LEAGUES CUP added (teams in final and 3rd place winner)

End of Sept: 1 Lamar Hunt US open champ added

Nov :

2 teams playing in Central America Cup playoff final are both added

2 teams losing in Central America Cup semi-finals are both added

1 Canadian Premier League winner is added

1 Canadian Premier League 2nd place added (once Canadian Championship semi-finals completed)

Dec:

3 teams from Carribean Cup added (finalists + 3rd place winner)

2 teams playing in Central America Cup final added

AFTER MLS CUP:

5 teams from MLS added

I am not great with the editor.

I am guessing the issue is either that the end date for the Canadian Championship does not allow it to load the winner for the following season.

Any chance you can take a look at your database to see if anything you changed in the Canadian Championship is causing the one year delay for the winner to enter the CCC?

@animal31

Update on this.

I went into the editor and loaded your custom database.

Found your Canadian Championship and went under Advanced Rules.

There I changed the Can. Champ. start date from FEB to JAN and changed the end date from DEC to NOV

Those two changes did a few things:

1.       Nothing changed for the 2024 CCC. 26 teams with the missing team still the Can. Champ from the 2023 season (winner was Toronto FC).

2.       For the 2025 CCC it added the missing 27th team. That team was the Can. Champ winner but unfortunately it was the 2023 winner (Toronto FC) and not the 2024 winner York United.

Again, I holidayed with MLS as view only to make sure to verify if Toronto, Whitecaps or CF Montreal were qualifying for CCC by MLS league play (they were not, all 3 were really bad).

So the thing to fix now is getting the Can. Champ. Winner to load for the following year starting for the 2024 season.

4 hours ago, Chad Beaulieu said:

@animal31

Update on this.

There I changed the Can. Champ. start date from FEB to JAN and changed the end date from DEC to NOV

Those two changes did a few things:

1.       Nothing changed for the 2024 CCC. 26 teams with the missing team still the Can. Champ from the 2023 season (winner was Toronto FC).

2.       For the 2025 CCC it added the missing 27th team. That team was the Can. Champ winner but unfortunately it was the 2023 winner (Toronto FC) and not the 2024 winner York United.

Again, I holidayed with MLS as view only to make sure to verify if Toronto, Whitecaps or CF Montreal were qualifying for CCC by MLS league play (they were not, all 3 were really bad).

So the thing to fix now is getting the Can. Champ. Winner to load for the following year starting for the 2024 season.

@animal31

Next UPDATE

I thought I solved it.

There I went to ‘FATE ACTIONS’ and…

To fix the Canadian Championship winner not showing up until after the CCC draw each year on 10 DEC change:

Select the second row item and then down below switch 'Qualification Type' from: Hidden to Qualified.

To fix the Canadian Championship winner playing in the following year’s CCC (not two years later) Tick the ‘For this year’ box on the Left AND the Right side.

On 1 DEC, the 2023 Canadian Championship winner (Toronto FC) SHOWED as qualified and played in the 2024 CCC!

On 1 DEC, the 2024 Canadian Championship winner (Forge FC) SHOWED as qualified and played in the 2025 CCC

On 1 DEC, the 2025 Canadian Championship winner (V Whitecaps) SHOWED as qualified and played in the 2026 CCC

On 1 DEC, the 2026 Canadian Championship winner Pacific FC also won the Canadian Premier League, so the Runner up of Canadian Championship (Valour) should have got the spot in the CCC for 2027 but it did not. 2027 CCC played with 26 teams only.

On 1 DEC, the 2027 Canadian Championship winner Valour also won the Canadian Premier League, AND the Runner up of Canadian Championship Calvary finished 2nd in the Canadian Premier League, so the qualified spot should have gone to third in CPL York United but it did not. 2028 CCC played with 26 teams only.

So the thing to fix now is getting the Can. Champ. runner up to qualify for CCC if the winner has already qualified. As well if runner up has already qualified would need to get third place from Canadian Premier League to qualify

I just changed the qualification rules to match whats in the base game, no other changes. I didnt encounter any errors during a decade long sim, so hopefully its not a local machine issue again