Moaners v Fanboys...my 10 pence...

Has the bumming of brightonrock finished now?

He has not told us anything we didn't already know, and has merely posted in an amusing way. He is not really offering anything in regards to construtive criticism.

I'll go back to reading the few threads in GQ that actually offer an opinion or some insight, and not just something amusingly written.

'Head' and 'arse' and 'own' come to mind... Lighten up. The post was informative and it did offer opinion (and humour) regarding some of the issues in the game. I didn't realise people had to pass the 'totally original points' test to be allowed to post on the forums. There is nothing wrong with a light-hearted post that reiterates some points already discussed. View it as a simple summary.

It wasn't the best choice of sentence, but it wasn't all he said. It's pretty unfair to just pick that bit out and only quote it. The rest of what he said was a constructive criticism of the opening post.

I shouldn't be surprised by all this. It's pretty much what happens when you disagree with people on this forum.

Not to be seen to be unfair:

‘Has the bumming of brightonrock finished now?

He has not told us anything we didn't already know, and has merely posted in an amusing way. He is not really offering anything in regards to construtive criticism.

I'll go back to reading the few threads in GQ that actually offer an opinion or some insight, and not just something amusingly written.’

I’ll give you the middle paragraph.

I suppose the negativity being sent your way is because most people feel it was unnecessary to criticise a post such as this. It was just, like I’ve said before, a bit of light hearted fun supposed to be amusing.

Not to be seen to be unfair:

‘Has the bumming of brightonrock finished now?

I'll go back to reading the few threads in GQ that actually offer an opinion or some insight, and not just something amusingly written.’

I’ll give you the middle paragraph.

I suppose the negativity being sent your way is because most people feel it was unnecessary to criticise a post such as this. It was just, like I’ve said before, a bit of light hearted fun supposed to be amusing.

It doesn't matter if it's the best post since sliced bread. Anyone should be allowed to disagree with anyone on anything. Nobody should then have to put up with being asked ridiculous things about their daughter or being accused of being a fanboy.

I don't find that particularly amusing, in much the same way that I didn't find the OP particularly amusing. I agree with some of the points re problems with the game, but funny it is not.

I actually can't believe that you have posted this. People, lighten up. There is a definite air of arrogance coming across here. The OP was light-hearted (funny to some) and not meant to be a dissertation on FM 2009. The forums should not simply be about experienced posters stating whether or not other people's contributions are valid. Admittedly, the usual 'fanboi' comments are tiresome but in this instance, not the fault of the OP. I'm sure it was meant to be a bit of fun, that is all. Fun is still valid on these forums...?

Oh I see. I post a list of problems and I'm trolling. Many other people post a list of problems and they get told to post them individually in the bugs forum, if they aren't berated entirely for daring to critique. This guy posts a list of problems whilst ripping off Blackadder similes wholesale and it's lauded as the finest piece of writing since the dawn of time.

Nothing like consistency is there. Must be the rain getting in your brains.

I actually can't believe that you have posted this. People, lighten up. There is a definite air of arrogance coming across here. The OP was light-hearted (funny to some) and not meant to be a dissertation on FM 2009. The forums should not simply be about experienced posters stating whether or not other people's contributions are valid. Admittedly, the usual 'fanboi' comments are tiresome but in this instance, not the fault of the OP. I'm sure it was meant to be a bit of fun, that is all. Fun is still valid on these forums...?

Of course it is. But if we happen to dsiagree with a post, whether it be for its nature or quality or whatever, we should be allowed to say so without getting abused. Any arrogance descends from those who refuse to let anything be heard other than what they happen to think.

Both myself and Nomis stated things we thought were positive about the post. Doesn't mean we should be barred from pointing out things we don't think are good about it.

It doesn't matter if it's the best post since sliced bread. Anyone should be allowed to disagree with anyone on anything. Nobody should then have to put up with being asked ridiculous things about their daughter or being accused of being a fanboy.

I agree, the comments about daughters is out of order. As was the comment about bumming.

And I also agree that the forums are for debate.

However, it would have been nice to leave this thread as it was intended, instead of turning it into this, that was my original point of saying why spoil it, which was primarily aimed at the bumming comment, and to a lesser extent your comment about lack of substance to the OP.

Oh I see. I post a list of problems and I'm trolling. Many other people post a list of problems and they get told to post them individually in the bugs forum, if they aren't berated entirely for daring to critique. This guy posts a list of problems whilst ripping off Blackadder similes wholesale and it's lauded as the finest piece of writing since the dawn of time.

Are you looking for sympathy? I still love you. I think people just appreciated some of the humour in the OP, that is all. Not to everyone's taste, but just a light-hearted thread all the same. Amazing reactions from some of the 1000+ posters, good to see you all fired-up! ;)

The magic ingredient to getting away with it is attempted humour, apparently. :rolleyes:

I agree, the comments about daughters is out of order. As was the comment about bumming.

And I also agree that the forums are for debate.

However, it would have been nice to leave this thread as it was intended, instead of turning it into this, that was my original point of saying why spoil it, which was primarily aimed at the bumming comment, and to a lesser extent your comment about lack of substance to the OP.

I, myself, did not turn it into anything. I just posted my thoughts on the OP, and one other post. It didn't have to turn into this just because I did that.

Perhaps you could point out where I said the OP wasn't making a valid point. If you read my post, all I said was that I didn't find it funny, but I did agree with some of his points.

It's quite funny actually, that you obviously haven't read my post and have dismissed it as invalid, yet have the nerve to pontificate about arrogance and peoples views being valid whether you disagree or not.

Are you looking for sympathy? I still love you. I think people just appreciated some of the humour in the OP, that is all. Not to everyone's taste, but just a light-hearted thread all the same. Amazing reactions from some of the 1000+ posters, good to see you all fired-up! ;)

VonBlade was well within his rights to point out the inconsistency on display here.

The magic ingredient to getting away with it is attempted humour, apparently. :rolleyes:

Mike7077, have you had your coffee this morning Mr. Grumpy-pants? I agree with debate on the threads, but having a pop at the OP because it is not to your own humour tastes is a little harsh. As are the daughter/ bumming/ fanboi etc comments.

God this thread has got serious. C'mon guys, lets sing a song...

Right, seeing as this has descended into petty arguing I think I'll close this. I think the main reason I enjoyed this post is it was just a bit different from all the other posts I've been reading recently. The substance was the same, but the presentation was a little different.

Dare I say there is a 'lots of posts' having a go at 'not many posts' going in here...

It happens to be 'not many posts' who have launched an attack on myself for daring to go against the grain of the thread. I have had plenty of decent discussion with people with post counts of all different shapes and sizes! I don't consider post count important, personally.

Archived