FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

19 minutes ago, avzbruvz said:

Finally finished our 4th season, and our last in the doldrums, as next year we'll be in tier 6. 

Another league and cup double - I'm gonna miss these extra league cups. 

Really annoyed by our 3rd round loss in the FA Trophy to Bath City as we had beaten the National League South side already in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round.

image.thumb.png.dd74dd5c86d11549692e62f01622bdc2.png

Our average attendance has doubled this year, but at 157 that is second worst in the division. Not too sure what else there is to do to bump that at.

image.png.31eff03c7d40fa5178f51818aff0d95e.png

About five days later, and we receive the following:

image.thumb.png.152bce0deb268accde0ffb17e83ca593.png

We will be stadium sharing with Dagenham and Redbridge. A bit of an upgrade from Mile End Stadium and Sporting Bengal.

Let's see if this can increase our attendances....

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FC Parson Drove - Wikipediaimage.thumb.png.67f2d0a7b66d54dbe951fedaf6a7063e.png

Starting my save with FC Parson Drove - Chosen because I believe it will be the toughest club to do it with. FC Parson drove is from a "village" or Hamlet
of less than 900 people. Looking into their history and where they are they seem to be a very oddball team in the middle of nowhere. I had a shortlist of a few teams but chose the mighty Drove after stumbling across this youtube video - looks like a very nice little ground!

I had to go into the editor to change the location of the stadium to correct co-ordinates and created the village of "Parson drove" with correct population (0-1000). No other changes than that.

This save I will have be very savy with money, as I reckon the attendances will always be the lowest in any division I am in once I get to level 8 and higher. Wages and selling players with instalments will take priority over squad/team performance at certain points I am sure. Cup runs will be vital.

Above is the squad going into the first season - I released everyone that was there and built it from scratch - I am sure a lot of you recognise some of these names - very happy to get Max Thompson for goals and Dom Green with his free kicks.  Reckon I will breeze through level 10 and 9 with these players. 

Edited by samrnpage

All Roads Lead To Radstock - Season #6 27/28

With Radstock Town's comfortable title-winning run in the Vanarama South still fresh in the memory, Mike Dando bolstered his side with the recently rejected talents from Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd's globally renowned youth academies. Feeling confident after a good pre-season and opening 5-1 win over established Vanarama National side, Barnet, Dando's unique brand of deep defenders, hard working midfielders and pacey strikers appeared to be the perfect ingredients to take the infamously tricky National League by storm. Unfortunately, what happened next was not part of the plan with Radstock losing three straight matches for the first time in Dando's tenure, whilst conceding 9 goals. The professional clubs in the National League were not about to roll over and let Radstock walk the league.

image.png.fa1db871c61ab87ffc23900828f0f76a.png

A change of philosophy was needed, with Dando realising that his defenders were amongst the fastest in the league. Sticking with the old faithful 4-4-2, Dando pushed his defenders higher and, leveraging his team's unparalleled work rate, stamina and determination, instructed his team to harry and pressure from the front. What happened next was the turnaround to end all turnarounds, with Radstock winning their next 15 matches, smashing the record for straight wins in the league. With their rivals struggling for consistency, Radstock secured the league with 4 matches remaining on the way to breaking the record for most games won and most points in a single season.

image.thumb.png.3ac4e55bda9093e878a374dfb0827bce.png

More excitement followed in the FA Cup, with the club reaching the 3rd Round for the first time in their history. A couple of easy ties in the 4th Qualifying Round and 1st Round proper were followed by a tough away match to Cheltenham Town. A fortunate late equalizer for Cheltenham took the match to a replay, where former Chelsea youth prospect George Haruna set up all three goals in a historic 3-2 victory, setting up a 3rd round tie away to Norwich City. Norwich, who despite spending their entire 27/28 season in the Premier League relegation zone, possessed too much quality for Radstock Town, with a 2-0 win that could have been much worse. However the proceeds from the gate receipts softened the blow for the semi-professional side, bringing in £300k.

image.png.342762884b2d5bfdc4c48dcbd71e448a.png

With the coffers looking healthy, Radstock's Chairman invested in the club, committing to new youth facilities, as well as improvements to the youth recruitment and junior coaching. The club will see the benefits of this investment in the years to come.  With Radstock moving into the same division as its affiliate Bristol Rovers that relationship has been severed, as per the contract - however, the board has already started the hunt for both parent and feeder affiliates.

It was unfortunately a quiet year on the youth intake front, with Radstock-born Tom Reilly the pick of the bunch. Sporting a strong set of eyebrows, Reilly is already talented enough to play in the Regional Premier Divisions, although the club's coaching team don't believe there's much more beyond that for him. At 6'6" he has the height to be a nuisance at any level, but sadly his terrible eyesight, extreme lack of intelligence and terrible haircut mean that the ball rarely goes where he wants off his head. 

image.thumb.png.90c183d8c3b11b2387661ac1cba6d757.png

Competition Number of Times Won Points
Western League Division 1 1 15
Western League Premier Division 1 20
Southern League Division 1 South 1 30
Southern League Premier South 1 35
Vanarama National League South 1 46
Vanarama National League 1 72

Total   218

image.png

Edited by Hitbox

Team of Enfieldians 2027/28

Another tough season of not quite being enough in tier 9!
The new signings didn't quite live up to their initial promise. Next season I am going to bring in a bit more squad depth, adapt the tactic and go again.

1070827877_Screenshot2023-01-30at17_53_17.png.47873f2bccbe8e9a7ec812211122f5dd.png

5th time lucky? :lol:

On 29/01/2023 at 10:55, samrnpage said:

FC Parson Drove - Wikipediaimage.thumb.png.67f2d0a7b66d54dbe951fedaf6a7063e.png

Starting my save with FC Parson Drove - Chosen because I believe it will be the toughest club to do it with. FC Parson drove is from a "village" or Hamlet
of less than 900 people. Looking into their history and where they are they seem to be a very oddball team in the middle of nowhere. I had a shortlist of a few teams but chose the mighty Drove after stumbling across this youtube video - looks like a very nice little ground!

I had to go into the editor to change the location of the stadium to correct co-ordinates and created the village of "Parson drove" with correct population (0-1000). No other changes than that.

This save I will have be very savy with money, as I reckon the attendances will always be the lowest in any division I am in once I get to level 8 and higher. Wages and selling players with instalments will take priority over squad/team performance at certain points I am sure. Cup runs will be vital.

Above is the squad going into the first season - I released everyone that was there and built it from scratch - I am sure a lot of you recognise some of these names - very happy to get Max Thompson for goals and Dom Green with his free kicks.  Reckon I will breeze through level 10 and 9 with these players. 

Camron Gbadebo is brilliant, I have him at the heart of my defence and we are walking the 9th tier right now. If you can keep him you'll get a few years out of him I reckon

Good luck mate

What an absolute belter of a season! Started off not feeling confident after promotion last season, but it soon became apparent that the extra wage budget I had would enable a massive improvement in the squad. We walked the League gaming promotion 3 games early, and ending 12 points clear at the top. Won the Wessex League Cup, and the FA Vase to secure my first 3 trophies of my career. Harrison Nee was unbelievably good hitting 65 goals in all competitions, including 5 in the League Cup final.

image.thumb.png.3e1848e650ccee3ff32d9f16b26bab67.png

The wwage budget has been increased to 1.7k p/w so I have scope to bring in better players again next season so I am going to be optimistic and go for another promotion. However, 10 of my first XI are all wanted and a bunch have offers tabled for them. Several are unhappy that I havent improved the training facilities too so they could be susceptible to an offer from other teams. Its not been from lack of trying either, we just dont have the money to improve the facilities, I'll keep asking.

Hopefully next season we can add to the trophy cabinet....

My worst season at this level. Combined with a great youth intake, it has persuaded me to have a clear-out this summer and go with some of my youth players. Hoping this will help sort my financial position a bit! But it's not been good. Negative goal difference for the first time in this save, and a record low point haul in any division.

image.thumb.png.dbdbffa6b26fb0adb45a8be87651ce4b.png

image.thumb.png.f90ad42b20ab2f402dd0c8ac6b00ed2e.png

image.thumb.png.342f019fd832a13780c924024e9754c7.png

image.png.a142d7a417fde28469b0eb9d618ee283.png

S.C Thamesmead 2027/28 Season

Tough season predicted by the board only expecting us to avoid relegation. We finished in 8th just missing the playoffs by one spot. We lost both our mainline strikers with about 8 games to go which really hurt. Club was takenover but new chairman is putting zero into the club and just took out a 100k loan to bring our balance into the positive... so not much has changed really. Made the Quarter-finals of the FAT. 

image.thumb.png.0218f8c47740cf7b61f5b5d3e74ccc17.png

image.thumb.png.097ee3d05ff102b4855146465829748e.png'image.thumb.png.39e62bd7f42a1c25e560c1138d5903cc.pngimage.thumb.png.b0b9fdcbadc028c86a7b557eb23ad6b3.png

All Roads Lead To Radstock - Season #7 28/29

Consolidation. A word often used by experienced managers who understand when their team doesn't have a hope in hell of success. A word, apparently, that Radstock Town gaffer, Mike Dando doesn't understand. With a media prediction of 24th, the newly-promoted and recently turned professional Radstock Town were spending less than half per week on wages than the next lowest club in League Two, and all signs were pointing to a very tough season. After kicking off the season with 3 losses from their first 4 matches, it looked as though the media were finally right about Radstock's prospects.

Football though is a funny old game, and after a fruitful deadline day which saw no fewer than five season-long loanees enter the fold, Radstock's fortunes seemed to lift up. After winning 13 of the remaining 23 league games in 2028, Radstock found themselves in the hunt for promotion. With Port Vale sitting comfortably in the top spot, never dropping less than 10 points between them and second, Radstock joined 7 other well-establish Football League teams in the battle for the other two automatic promotion spots. Wins against promotion rivals Southend, as well as hard fought draws against Port Vale, Accrington Stanley and Cambridge helped Radstock to maintain its position in 3rd, and a late winner against Oldham clinched a historic promotion to League One.

Loanee Rob Brain's 28 goals were vital, as were defensive performances from Bristol City's promising centre back Peter James and Nottingham Forest youth keeper Dessie Whelan, really demonstrating the value of loans at this level, as well as Dando's shrewd deadline day dealings with all three players' salaries still paid by their parent club.

image.thumb.png.2cef26525de7205d24dda5d185a81f6c.png

Radstock's debut performance in the EFL Cup will swiftly be forgotten after they were knocked out in the first round by League Two local rivals Bristol Rovers, who went down to 10 men in the first half. After going through top of the group stage in the EFL Trophy, Radstock came unstuck after going ahead against a strong Cheltenham Town team in the Second Round.

The FA Cup proved yet again to be a profitable endeavour for Radstock. A comfortable 3-1 win against League Two Gillingham was followed by a nervy 4-3 victory against Cambridge United. Radstock's run in the Cup wouldn't go on for much longer, after being professionally put aside by Chelsea's B team, however, the away tie brought in £1m in gate receipt revenue, which paved the way for new training facilities and more investment in the club's youth setup. As of the end of the season, the club now boasts a youth academy to match some Premier League clubs - although the rest of the facilities still feel very non-League. 

image.png.3b42d97f5082a8af7fcc3fd48cef5fc5.png

The investment is really starting to pay off in a big way now, with the talent from this year's intake obvious for all to see.

image.png

Full back Duncan Dawson is by far and away the most promising player to come through the club's youth system. With no real weaknesses, the club's coaching team expect him to make the jump to the first team within a couple of years and could play at a Championship level if  his development continues in the right way.

image.png

Vanarama National League 1 72
SkyBet League 2 0 85

Total   303

Edited by Hitbox

I had started this challenge as Chester-Le-Street United but i got an idea to start with a brand 'new' club. Not sure if still in the rules but i replaced a club in the Northern Football League Division Two with Newton Heath. Only changes were cosmetic, Kits, badge, locations, colours. Everything like reputation were kept the same.

2026/2027 complete and the most stressful one yet.

We were in a two way title tussle with Bognor Regis Town for much of the season, and it seemed like neither of us wanted to be top. It started with them having 2 games in hand for weeks on end whilst we went deep in the FA Trophy (losing to Southend United in the semi final). But they then went on a terrible run, picking up just 1 point from 4 matches. Then we bottled a few matches. It came down to the last day, with us two points behind but with a superior goal difference - and we were playing a lower table team whilst they hosted third placed Bishop's Stortford who were looking to seal third spot and that bye in the playoffs.

Long story short, we won, they drew and we nicked the title on the final day. No better feeling!

image.thumb.png.111662966723f493700f6995be3e103b.png

image.png.0cc7edd8048c16aeb66a284510f90aff.png

1e5c257f1a0b9a7378ae8e37ed8573af.png

9825eb97808c399f09725a43200305bb.png

Not done this challenge in a few years, let's see how far I get. Took over Wakefield as it's the largest city without a professional football club (to my knowledge). Let's try and change that!

Wakefield_AFC_logo.png
Season Preview 2022-23

A new challenge! I've completely renovated the squad (as is kinda expected for these saves), so let's see who's in.

Transfers Out

No transfers out as of yet!

Transfers In

GK | Elias Rouse (Free)

GKs at this level tend to be a bit bad, so getting in someone good across the board is excellent. Rouse should do well at this level and probably beyond, even if he does look like a kid.

RB | Clayton McDonald (Free)

I struggled to find a good RB at this level, but McDonald looks solid. He's good all-round and the fact he can play CM too is a bonus

CB | Kelvin Lugsden (Free)

Good left-sided CBs were hard to find at this level, so Lugsden joins. Not the most physical, but he can do everything else well.

CB | Matt Baker (Free)

A good CB for this level, Baker is really consistent across the board. No complaints about bringing him in

CB | Stephen O'Halloran (Free)

There's no such thing as too much experience as ex-Ireland international O'Halloran joins us. He's a top CB at this level, so glad to have him on board.

CB | Miles Addison (Free)

Another oldie but goodie, Addison lacks a lot in pace but makes up for it by being an excellent defender elsewhere. His lack of pace won't really matter this far down, so I'm expecting good performances.

LB | Danny Wisdom (Free)

One of the better LBs available. He can do everything he needs to do well and has amazing versatility. He's getting on a bit though, hopefully he has some years still left

CM | Tom Murray (Free)

A solid backup CM option, he can do what I need a ball-winner to do and has some other solid attributes. 

CM | Ryan Taylor (Free)

Over the wall, Ryan Taylor! The Newcastle favourite joins 10th tier Wakefield! Like most of our aging veterans, his physicals are shot, but those technicaly and mentals are top-tier. Looking forward to seeing how he contributes this season!

RW | Luke Chadwick (Free)

Another ex-PL veteran! He's got no legs, the stamina of an asthmatic chain smoker and hasn't played in a year, but my god is he still one of the best players at this level. If we can get Chadwick working as a playmaker, he could be incredible for us. Here for a good time, not for a long time.

LW | Pa Sulay Njie (Free)

Finding a good IW in these leagues is tough, and Njie was one of the best. He's certainly not bad, but he's a means to an end at the moment

ST | Jack Devlin (Free)

A player who used to play for my irl supported team South Shields, Devlin may not look like much, but he's someone I always sign in these lower league saves. I'm expecting decent things

ST | Dewain Sewell (Free)

I was shocked this guy was willing to join us, he looks amazing for this level! He's fast, good on the ball, can shoot and play a pass. His mentals aren't even too bad for tier 10. Him and Devlin are going to be the striker partnership to beat this season, I can see it now.

Squad

We've got a solid squad here for this season, full of players who the game reckons can cut it at a higher level with a couple of standouts. The squad is a little on the older side, but if they get us where we need to be, that's fine by me.

Season Preview

Unsurprisingly, we're expected to be runaway winners of the league. Our squad is exceptionally strong for this division and the only team that could seemingly pose a challenge is Rossington Main, who have some solid players.

Results So Far

After a mixed pre-season which saw me experiment with tactics, we've absolutely stormed the league to go unbeaten! Hopefully we keep this up and make light work of the league.

Expected Lineup

Rouse

McDonald - Addison - O'Halloran - Wisdom

Murray - Taylor

Chadwick --------------------- Njie

Devlin - Sewell

Another frustrating year at this level, but a big improvement over last year despite spending far less on wages to get my finances under control (and a board takeover helped that too!), and our best ever finish, so that's something, even if we did lose 1-0 away to Cray Valley Paper Mills in the Playoff Semi Final. The plan is to gradually clear out everyone earning appearance bonuses and totally rely on youth for a while, because even with a far smaller paid squad this year, I'm still losing money.

image.png.0687d2ec8f4d6cea3cad8d212697ca8d.png

image.png.6dfb1bdf498ba5f21f8b8e948a0f2ce4.pngimage.png.a973eeca8e6b714375d51ec056175e49.png

Been struggling to settle on a save so decided to give this a go for my first time.

I decided to start unemployed and go on holiday till 1/1/2023 to lower the amount of jobs available.

After a few targeted applications I have been appointed as the new manager of Longwell Green Sports.

I am generally someone that tries to make their own tactics / fails to / downloads one then feel bad, so I am giving myself the little challenge of only sticking to self made tactics and to keep it simple.

6490b4814d6857abaee8dc529430c568.png

7c7077a2bc1924511ae9b98aeb621a46.png

Edited by reerdo

Wakefield_AFC_logo.png
Season Review 2022-23

Squad | Tactic | Table | Finances

To no-one's surprise, we were promoted with ease. We maybe didn't dominate the league like I expected, but we were still very comfortable, being promoted with around 6 games to spare. 

Results: Sept-Dec | Jan-Apr

As you can see, we absolutely smashed most teams in this division, only getting held or beat a handful of times. Sadly we were knocked out in the semi-final of both cups, getting shocked by Hemsworth in the league cup and being destroyed by an extremely strong Sunderland Ryhope in the FA Vase.

Transfers Out

GK | Elias Rouse (Free)

This came at a bad time, as Rouse was signed on deadline day. He was an excellent keeper and someone who obviously belonged at a higher level. Atherton poached him and I couldn't do much to stop them.

ST | Jack Devlin (Free)

I didn't even notice this one until I was typing out this review! Devlin was excellent this season and his form must've alerted some teams. With him being on a non-contract, Clipstone managed to coax him to them

Transfers In

GK | Kerry Weatherson (Free)

With Rouse leaving, I needed a keeper quick. However with us being guaranteed promotion, players wanted upwards of £200 per game. Weatherson was the cheapest, therefore best option who wasn't complete trash. He'll be solid enough until we can bring in a more permanent #1

RB | Ashley Smith-Brown (Free)

We were a little weak in the full-back positions, so bringing in Smith-Brown who can play at both was a good move. He's nothing special, but still a great player at this level.

LB | Bradley Garmston (Free)

Another ex-youth international, Garmston is another player who, let's be honest, shouldn't be playing at this level. I'm not complaining though and am happy to have him until he eventually moves to better things.

CM | Joe Conley (Free)

More quality across the midfield is never a bad thing, and that's exactly what Conley provides. Plenty of 10s in his attributes, he's a star at this level.

RW | Tyler Hamilton (Free)

With Devlin leaving, I wanted another option in attack. Hamilton was the best choice, possessing all the ability needed to be a success at this level.

LW | Sonny Best (Free)

A legend of lower-league saves, Best joins us to provide a bit more quality out wide. Being fast and okay on the ball is pretty much all you need at this level, and he can do both.

ST | Max Clayton (Free)

Real FM OG's remember Max Clayton! Sadly his career never reached the heights that video games predicted for him, but he's a ridiculous player for this level, even if his physicals aren't up to much.

Key Players

#1 - Dewain Sewell

35 games. 75 goals. Need I say more? How this guy hasn't been picked up by a better team is beyond me, but I hope he never leaves. He's someone who can carry us through the next 2-3 divisions if we can keep him.

#2 - Luke Chadwick

His ability has completely dropped off recently, but Chadwick was key in the early parts of the season as a creative mastermind. Probably will retire very soon, but I'm happy we had him this year.

#3 - Joe Conley

Definitely an excellent signing, Conley adds a bit of attacking flair to the midfield as shown by his immense assists contribution.

Next Season's Thoughts

Anyone can see that this squad is insanely strong for the divisions we're in. Most of our players are at tier 7/8 level, so I'm targeting another promotion next year. I've managed to keep our finances fairly stable, but with us moving through divisions, players expect more money, so I don't think we can keep that up for long.

Season 2022/23 - Longwell Green Sports

Really pleased with how season one has gone and got to admit I am rather surprised.

I went on holiday till 1st January 23 before applying for jobs and getting appointed on 7th January. My first game in charge was a timid affair where I tried to set up in a simple and hopefully solid flat 442 which proceeded to see us lose 4-1 and it could have been far far worse.

After that one game I decided that if I was going to lose games I was going to at least lose them while attacking and trying so moved the wingers further forward, got the boys playing more direct and harrying the opposition more. I certainly didn't ever imagine we would go on the run we did, culminating in 13 games unbeaten to take us all the way to our play-off final win.

90352de3d02ae6d1f8aca93cce0b55cb.png

88b0b0bf9bc0ff53458818aed96868e1.png

51c3bcca0a472fe4c1054862da30c4aa.png

Annoying season. Having to rely on youth players because we really can't afford to pay appearance and goal fees any more, our finances are a mess. But we got the same amount of points as the previous season whilst finishing two places lower than last season. Frustration central. Akanbi is now a double record  holder with 221 league appearances and 195 goals. Truth be told though, he shouldn't have had this long at this level. We should have been promoted by now.

image.thumb.png.e54a2b774adbd1f255c4a4f981203ea6.png

image.png.dbdda1bc0ac307625829ac63e27392ba.png

6 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Annoying season. Having to rely on youth players because we really can't afford to pay appearance and goal fees any more, our finances are a mess. But we got the same amount of points as the previous season whilst finishing two places lower than last season. Frustration central. Akanbi is now a double record  holder with 221 league appearances and 195 goals. Truth be told though, he shouldn't have had this long at this level. We should have been promoted by now.

image.thumb.png.e54a2b774adbd1f255c4a4f981203ea6.png

image.png.dbdda1bc0ac307625829ac63e27392ba.png

I have decided that I need to ignore the finances otherwise youll never get anywhere, you'll eventually start clawing the finances back when youre in the top end of Non league/League 2 upwards when you get the gates etc. Of course FA Cup runs help. 

26 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

I have decided that I need to ignore the finances otherwise youll never get anywhere, you'll eventually start clawing the finances back when youre in the top end of Non league/League 2 upwards when you get the gates etc. Of course FA Cup runs help. 

Yeah the problem is it means i can only get a few players in per season before the board limit the amount I can pay to £1 per appearance which isn't getting me anywhere even at this level!

Parson Drove FC update

Onto my 4th season and pretty much breezed through it. I have signed some outrageously good players in this save (I will show my current best players below ive had better players that have left as well, bare in mind I am level 7 now). This has resulted in probably the easiest rise to level 7 ive ever had.

Due to the star players I have had my best ever FA Cup runs on any football manager lvl10 to prem save, with back to back 1st round appearances, I won the FA Vase on my 2nd season after falling short to Clapton FC in the Semi finals the season before. Not had any luck in any other cups.

I made about 200k in gates and money over the runs, but of course the players I have had to pay for means I am still haemorrhaging money, my average attendance is skewed a bit due to the new ground and cup runs, the normal average for a Saturday league game is about 140

I will show my two FA Cup runs (the attendance is really high on the first game of the 23/24 cup run due to moving to Spalding FC's stadium as my ground didn't meet requirements)

Not sure how to attach the excel sheet properly, but I can copy and paste here:

Season Division Place P W D L F A G.D. PTS Attendance FA Cup FA Trophy FA Vase League Challenge Cup League Cup
2022-23 Eastern Counties League Division 1 North 1st 36 35 1 0 172 40 132 106 79 n/a n/a Semi-Final n/a 3rd round
2023-24 United Counties Premier Division South 1st 40 35 2 3 133 52 81 107 143 1st Round n/a Winners n/a n/a
2024-25 Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands 1st 38 29 6 3 113 43 70 93 229 1st Round 2nd round n/a Qtr Final n/a

FA Cup run 23/24
image.thumb.png.d9e8c10aa4e3be279ef1840348eddd71.png

FA Cup run 24/25 - Beat Oldham in the 90th minute!
image.thumb.png.c1d77c4b1f202104dd9998f4fd979606.png

My best few players:
image.thumb.png.e051bff1145b001f898e593f5f9df9fa.pngimage.thumb.png.cf75fcf805949ef164aa5f6b70fb172b.pngimage.thumb.png.74f59295abe661a451d1f0ba50b06df5.pngimage.thumb.png.15b758d9222cb9c781df17404867786d.png

14 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Yeah the problem is it means i can only get a few players in per season before the board limit the amount I can pay to £1 per appearance which isn't getting me anywhere even at this level!

What budget do you get? Have you re-allocated the scouting budget to the transfer budget and then to the wage budget?

All Roads Lead To Radstock - Season #8 29/30

Despite wrongly predicting Radstock Town's success in all but a couple of seasons during their historic run up the English football ladder, the media were yet again convinced that the Miners would be relegated. Dando again proved that reputation and financial muscle are no match for guile and innovation as Radstock Town added the Sky Bet League 1 to their ever expanding trophy case. Despite having to wait until the last day to clinch the title, Radstock sat atop the league since November, and aside from a poor run of losses in February, looked comfortable throughout. 

The cups were a slight disappointment with narrow losses against tough teams in the early stages of all three cups at this level. Dando may need to reassess his rotation-heavy approach to the cups if getting to the latter stages becomes a bigger priority for the board as the club continues to grow. 

image.thumb.png.9b17bb446d6459b7d98dea3747f29279.png

Youth intake was solid, if not remarkable this year. Hard-working striker Alimamy Kallon is the pick of the bunch, but his lack of ambition could stop him reaching his full potential.

image.thumb.png.1a82acd1668e14d11308366557e0c81a.png

After a 2 year search, the club is still looking for a site for the new stadium. Hopefully the board can locate somewhere suitable before long as forcing fans to travel an hour from Radstock to Yeovil for home matches is impacting supporter growth. 

League 2 0 85
League 1 1 107

Total   410

Edited by Hitbox

2 hours ago, Hitbox said:

All Roads Lead To Radstock - Season #8 29/30

Despite wrongly predicting Radstock Town's success in all but a couple of seasons during their historic run up the English football ladder, the media were yet again convinced that the Miners would be relegated. Dando again proved that reputation and financial muscle are no match for guile and innovation as Radstock Town added the Sky Bet League 1 to their ever expanding trophy case. Despite having to wait until the last day to clinch the title, Radstock sat atop the league since November, and aside from a poor run of losses in February, looked comfortable throughout. 

The cups were a slight disappointment with narrow losses against tough teams in the early stages of all three cups at this level. Dando may need to reassess his rotation-heavy approach to the cups if getting to the latter stages becomes a bigger priority for the board as the club continues to grow. 

image.thumb.png.9b17bb446d6459b7d98dea3747f29279.png

Youth intake was solid, if not remarkable this year. Hard-working striker Alimamy Kallon is the pick of the bunch, but his lack of ambition could stop him reaching his full potential.

image.thumb.png.1a82acd1668e14d11308366557e0c81a.png

After a 2 year search, the club is still looking for a site for the new stadium. Hopefully the board can locate somewhere suitable before long as forcing fans to travel an hour from Radstock to Yeovil for home matches is impacting supporter growth. 

League 2 0 85
League 1 1 107

Total   410

What skin do you use?

Is everyone up to date with their competion/promotion wins and posted screenshots?

Also a reminder to anyone new who starts the challenge you need to post a screenshot of your manager profile at the start of the challenge and you need to post screen shots of any promotions or competion wins.

Our toughest season yet.

With just games to go, the top 4 in the league, including the unlikely Hamlets, were all tied on points. But from that position, Dorking pipped Southend to the title. And the seasiders lost on penalties to Eastleigh in the playoff semi finals, giving us an easier tie at Wembley. And in front of over 38,000 people, we booked our ticket to the Football League!

image.thumb.png.4fa05679edfc72768553347c52de126b.png

Still not sure how to increase our attendances, as the below show:

image.png.1b9be6edd2c79009ce049e39bbf79256.png

image.png.ea9004be226700509c3f8b476cf3dc0f.png

image.png.660ff35c5d905ac0f4799d42d48503e5.png

...but hopefully that all changes now that we are going professional!

See you in League 2!

image.png.fdd591b3dbf68f3676ba85b4fb6d3c01.png

On 12/02/2023 at 21:49, RoyvdVen said:

Hello,

I manage Stafford Town at level 10 they are semi pro.

Can somebody tell me how to get players there without wage because i don't have a lot wage budget?

Or are there people that can tell me how the manage these clubs?

Players will sign on non-contract terms usually, so appearance fees only. These only use a fraction of the cost on the wage budget, for example someone on £200 p/w would take £200 of your budget, whereas a £200 appearance fee is probably £150

10 hours ago, samrnpage said:

Players will sign on non-contract terms usually, so appearance fees only. These only use a fraction of the cost on the wage budget, for example someone on £200 p/w would take £200 of your budget, whereas a £200 appearance fee is probably £150

The flip side of this is that players will accept far lower contract offers if you can offer them. Sadly at the lowest levels you can only do it with young players (who are on £250 a YEAR).

This is starting to get me really frustrated. I just can't get it right. Three defeats in the last four games, it turns out, didn't quite cost us a playoff place, due to poor form over the early spring period. But a couple of big signings who should have been huge for us this year just didn't come up with the goods...

image.png.8be87339e61da0f95ba1b14cacce9bad.png

image.png.ace28096b980b16e09dd9cc9ac696349.png

But this will forever be known as the season I played against a former pupil of mine. Really exciting moment when I recognised the name! Seems to have become a bit of a legend for Cray Valley Paper Mills!

image.thumb.png.b27e2211bc723a2e06f9aa63e4f230bc.png

Any ideas where I could tweak my tactic? Or is it just the players? Having to use youngsters to some extent because I just cant afford a full squad of pay-as-you-play players. All the youngsters are very high potential though.

image.thumb.png.cffc7157dadebf2308177f0a66721fa1.png

It's really getting frustrating, to the extent that I'm wondering if I might have to give up.

image.thumb.png.ef118ad8b0dc103f80a65f19aa7454b2.png

Oh, and Ibby Akanbi has extended his club records to 259 league games and 224 goals. Not too shabby. But at 33 this might be the summer we move on.

image.thumb.png.6e1397478953463d3cae4f4308cd5c39.png

image.png.6de0041aab921ce5181773c478dcab96.png

After a bit of a break I got a chance to finish my 3rd season, and what a season it was, at least in the league. Leading from start to finish we got promotion by toping the league by 6 points. Some of the games towards the end were a bit laboured and we lost a bit of form, but ultimately it was fine.

image.thumb.png.e44333f254720cc63896e71dd148f135.png 

Harrison Nee was immense again chipping in with 45 goals in all competitions, hopefully he'll be able to keep up this kind of form for the 3rd season in a row, and 3rd division in a row. However he is wanted by 49 clubs so I might need to tie him down with one of my first part time contracts I should be able to offer next season, we shall see.

image.thumb.png.8ebe93daa694b748d40832ccf4dab271.png

Off to the Southern Premier League South I believe. Game on

Hi,

I play in the lowest league of England and i cannot get any players not on loan.

I am semi pro how do people manage to survive the lower league and make some money?

I hope somebody have tips because is see here people get promoted to the Vanarame leagues

2 hours ago, RoyvdVen said:

Hi,

I play in the lowest league of England and i cannot get any players not on loan.

I am semi pro how do people manage to survive the lower league and make some money?

I hope somebody have tips because is see here people get promoted to the Vanarame leagues

Hi, playing in the LL has it's perks, what I do is send the scouts (if I can afford it) or see the cards they collect from the agents, and sign them as free agents, many rejects me, but sometimes I can get star players for this level.  Really I don't care about finances as many of us usually when reach the proper league is when can get some profit.  What helps is to win one or two cups, mostly the second rated of the level like the FA Vase, or reach as high as we can in the FA Cup.

All Roads Lead To Radstock - Season #9 30/31

Radstock's first season in the second tier of English football was both memorable and forgettable in equal measure. Despite proving the media's persistent predictions of failure wrong, Mike Dando's overachievers were again predicted for a rock bottom finish. The sound of a familiar tune played out again as Radstock Town defied expectations by sitting comfortably in the top half of the table throughout the season. At times, Radstock Town looked on course for a 9th successive promotion, but the jump in quality was too much for Dando's men to overcome as they dropped outside the Top 6 towards the business end of the season. A late charge gave a glimmer of hope, and on the final game of the season Radstock needed a win over Blackpool, while relying on Bristol City to do them a favour by beating Sunderland. Dando didn't hold back in his criticism of their local rival's poor season, and there were question marks around the Bristol City's decision to field an inexperienced team of youngsters and squad players. It turned out not to matter, as Radstock failed to break down Blackpool's defence and the match ended in a disappointing 0-0 draw.

Despite the disappointing drop of form in the league, the Miners' reached the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time. Starting in the third round, Radstock scored a late equalizer to take Norwich City to a replay, which they convincingly won 4-0 at home. Next up were Premier League club, Burnley, where a hat trick from the eventual Championship Golden Boot winner, Rob Brain inspired Radstock to a 3-2 victory at Turf Moor in the fourth round. Radstock Town's run came to an end as they travelled to the impressive Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. A 3-1 win flattered the visitors, and if it wasn't for a great performance between the sticks by Radstock's Evan Watts, it could have been much worse. A packed out crowd witnessed the game and the £1.2m share of the gate receipts helped to put the club in a comfortable financial position moving into the 31/32 season. 

image.thumb.png.d9d2958c267cde6f697e78aa8cba5563.png

League 2 0 85
League 1 1 107

Total   410

41 minutes ago, Hitbox said:

All Roads Lead To Radstock - Season #9 30/31

Radstock's first season in the second tier of English football was both memorable and forgettable in equal measure. Despite proving the media's persistent predictions of failure wrong, Mike Dando's overachievers were again predicted for a rock bottom finish. The sound of a familiar tune played out again as Radstock Town defied expectations by sitting comfortably in the top half of the table throughout the season. At times, Radstock Town looked on course for a 9th successive promotion, but the jump in quality was too much for Dando's men to overcome as they dropped outside the Top 6 towards the business end of the season. A late charge gave a glimmer of hope, and on the final game of the season Radstock needed a win over Blackpool, while relying on Bristol City to do them a favour by beating Sunderland. Dando didn't hold back in his criticism of their local rival's poor season, and there were question marks around the Bristol City's decision to field an inexperienced team of youngsters and squad players. It turned out not to matter, as Radstock failed to break down Blackpool's defence and the match ended in a disappointing 0-0 draw.

Despite the disappointing drop of form in the league, the Miners' reached the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time. Starting in the third round, Radstock scored a late equalizer to take Norwich City to a replay, which they convincingly won 4-0 at home. Next up were Premier League club, Burnley, where a hat trick from the eventual Championship Golden Boot winner, Rob Brain inspired Radstock to a 3-2 victory at Turf Moor in the fourth round. Radstock Town's run came to an end as they travelled to the impressive Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. A 3-1 win flattered the visitors, and if it wasn't for a great performance between the sticks by Radstock's Evan Watts, it could have been much worse. A packed out crowd witnessed the game and the £1.2m share of the gate receipts helped to put the club in a comfortable financial position moving into the 31/32 season. 

image.thumb.png.d9d2958c267cde6f697e78aa8cba5563.png

League 2 0 85
League 1 1 107

Total   410

Think you've miscounted there, if you didn't win League 2 you can't add that 85!! ;-) Decent to get to the Championship so quickly though!

Edited by GreyedOutMan

2 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Think you've miscounted there, if you didn't win League 2 you can't add that 85!! ;-) Decent to get to the Championship so quickly though!

I thought so too when I first did this last year, but the challenge says you get the points regardless of whether you win the league or are promoted. You don't get to add to the trophy tally though, as you didn't win the title.