FM 91-92 for FM23

Syze

Looking forward to this! Do you also plan on having players that came later added as newgens at some point?

Van Nistelrooy, for example, 2 years into the save as he would be 14 or 15 right now if you keep the 31 year gap consistent

On 03/12/2022 at 15:03, MRC said:

Looking forward to this! Do you also plan on having players that came later added as newgens at some point?

Van Nistelrooy, for example, 2 years into the save as he would be 14 or 15 right now if you keep the 31 year gap consistent

Yes, just like my DB for FM16, there will be about 25 years of regens.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 17:30, johnloch said:

Your brilliant retro mod is the only reason to drive me playing FM. I really mean this! Eagerly waiting for the release.

Thanks, that means a lot.

Yes, I would upvote this more than once if I could.

I respect the amount of work you put into your original DB on FM16 and had great fun poking around all the retro players and clubs but I just could get into a save for long because going back to FM16 these days you just miss too many features. Would love to experience it on the new FM though.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately since the turn of the year, some unexpected life events have meant I haven't been able to dedicate the time to this I was anticipating. I'll keep you all posted, but it's very much up in the air ATM, unfortunately. :(

I've been working feverishly the past couple of days, but it's a big task. My biggest disappointment is the time I have lost in the past couple of months may mean I don't have it ready before FM24 comes out, but I'm going to keep going.

1 minute ago, cel1234 said:

Des Walker at Forest ?

Yep, I'll post that up soon - Brian Clough manager, Des Walker, Stuart Pearce, Teddy Sheringham, Nigel Clough, Ian Woan, Steve Stone, Roy Keane...

It's coming along nicely, but we're still months away. I've been doing the most time intensive parts first and am surprised how quickly it's moving along.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, this has been set back after set back, I'm hoping I'll be able to put a ton more time into this over the summer, but if it was coming out for FM23 while people were getting hyped for FM24, would anyone even be interested? Feeling discouraged.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Syze:

Unfortunately, this has been set back after set back, I'm hoping I'll be able to put a ton more time into this over the summer, but if it was coming out for FM23 while people were getting hyped for FM24, would anyone even be interested? Feeling discouraged.

I will absolutely still be interested! Chances are I'll skip FM24 altogether because there are a few databases I would like to try for FM23 still.

But even if I got FM24, I would keep playing FM23 just for the monumental save file you're building. I think it's a brilliant, brilliant project. 
So so long as you still have fun working on it, I will be interested in it. Take the time you need, I'll be there to download it and give it a try! No matter what FM is out at the time.

Like @Samuel77 said, projects like yours have value well beyond the natural cycle of a FM title. (They are also the reason why I wish SI would make it so older databases can get transferred to newer FMs with as little hassle as possible, but that's a discussion for another day)

I used to play a legends database back in FM20, and I still occasionally log in.

Over the years, custom databases such as the one you are building have been what brought me the most joy out of FM. So no matter what you decide, thank you for your work.

Edited by MRC

I'm sticking it out, been flat out on it for the past week - if I'm occasionally pulled away from it for a few days, oh well. It'll be done when it's done.

• 3 months later...

Quick update on this - unfortunately there has been pretty much no progress over the past couple of months. My dad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and obviously this has taken my time and TBH sapped any enthusiasm I have to do much in my spare time. But I will persevere, most likely it will be for FM24 instead of FM23. I'm sorry if anyone feels let down.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Quick update - my dad passed away a few days ago following a few months of hell. Needless to say I pretty much had to abandon the project. Hopefully I can use what I had done and pick it up for FM24. As a side note, as I was working I was spotting little mistakes in my original DB for FM16 and was tweaking it, so I can release and update if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

My condolences, it's always tough losing close family. Especially like this

Take all the time you need and prioritise looking after yourself!
Been through something similar. It's easy to push certain things back when grieving, but eventually that might become an issue even years down the road.

Edited by MRC