[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

Feel like this is going to be an obvious question but I'm sleep deprived at this point- How do I replace the heat map on the tablet's analysis tab with a pass map? Tried editing some of the tablet analysis sector.xml sections but drawing a blank.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Football Manager Guides said:

Absolutely love this skin! I hope you don't mind that we've written a blog post and linked to here so people can download it. :onmehead:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, JJJ1303 said:

Feel like this is going to be an obvious question but I'm sleep deprived at this point- How do I replace the heat map on the tablet's analysis tab with a pass map? Tried editing some of the tablet analysis sector.xml sections but drawing a blank.

Just added it to the touchline tablet:

3f2fda45403a5832fa059d7c9c7c8730.png

Is that what you were wanting to do?

46 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks!

It would be good to be able to select between pass map/heat map/real time formation if possible I think

16 hours ago, deniz said:

It would be good to be able to select between pass map/heat map/real time formation if possible I think

My justification is (for the realistic way I play) that I don’t know their formation or roles - but I can work them out from heat maps etc. You can see their shape on the opposition instructions tabs and you can see their intended roles from pre-match reports etc. 

17 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks!

I was looking to replace the heat map with the passing map, but this is even better, can't wait for the next update now!

This is going to be possibly the stupidest question, but looking through the forum I'm struggling to find an answer- How would I make the background lighter? I see a lot of it defined as "bg" or "fg", but I can't seem to find where these are defined. I've tried editing it in places but I'm still having the darker background.

Just now, JJJ1303 said:

I was looking to replace the heat map with the passing map, but this is even better, can't wait for the next update now!

This is going to be possibly the stupidest question, but looking through the forum I'm struggling to find an answer- How would I make the background lighter? I see a lot of it defined as "bg" or "fg", but I can't seem to find where these are defined. I've tried editing it in places but I'm still having the darker background.

Not at my Pc now so I can’t use any screenshots to provide an explanation!

However, you can do one of two things:

1) Change, on mass, the red_replacement=“bg” to “bg lighter” - I think that the client object browser has the code for the backgrounds in.

Or…

2) In settings, redefine the RGB code for what “bg” is. My first suggestion would be to change it to red (255,0,0) to see the impact it has and work from there. 

24 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Not at my Pc now so I can’t use any screenshots to provide an explanation!

However, you can do one of two things:

1) Change, on mass, the red_replacement=“bg” to “bg lighter” - I think that the client object browser has the code for the backgrounds in.

Or…

2) In settings, redefine the RGB code for what “bg” is. My first suggestion would be to change it to red (255,0,0) to see the impact it has and work from there. 

Thank you so much! Didn't realise I had to define bg myself, my mistake was looking for it defined somewhere else 😅

Got it now. Appreciate all the help!

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

My justification is (for the realistic way I play) that I don’t know their formation or roles - but I can work them out from heat maps etc. You can see their shape on the opposition instructions tabs and you can see their intended roles from pre-match reports etc. 

Makes more sense :thup:

2 hours ago, JJJ1303 said:

Thank you so much! Didn't realise I had to define bg myself, my mistake was looking for it defined somewhere else 😅

Got it now. Appreciate all the help!

I’d love to see what you’ve gone for? As I’ve used the CL font, I’ve always been tempted by a slightly ‘more blue’ colour to match but then also by a pale grey colour too as it looks nice against the gold and white text and yellow/blue circles. 

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I’d love to see what you’ve gone for? As I’ve used the CL font, I’ve always been tempted by a slightly ‘more blue’ colour to match but then also by a pale grey colour too as it looks nice against the gold and white text and yellow/blue circles. 

I'm thinking the same thing, basically inverting the current font/background colour scheme making a slightly pale grey (pretty much the same as the forum) then a deeper grey/probably the blue that is currently the background as a font, however it's not entirely gone to plan 😅, it's only some of the tabs though oddly (Pizza chart is fine, as are all but the main tab on the bottom). Will be messing around with it a bit more though.image.thumb.png.32b9a7489a433d7264050f6b6e0544b2.png

Edited by JJJ1303

1 hour ago, JJJ1303 said:

I'm thinking the same thing, basically inverting the current font/background colour scheme making a slightly pale grey (pretty much the same as the forum) then a deeper grey/probably the blue that is currently the background as a font, however it's not entirely gone to plan 😅, it's only some of the tabs though oddly (Pizza chart is fine, as are all but the main tab on the bottom). Will be messing around with it a bit more though.image.thumb.png.32b9a7489a433d7264050f6b6e0544b2.png

my friend, you do not understand what you are saying.  do you really want to make a light skin?  ready to spend several thousand hours of time on it?  it would be interesting to see the result. :)

I would hazard a guess that you've only defined 'bg lighter' or 'bg' and not both here. The skin uses them as well as 'fg' (for font) and 'faded text' as well as 'Statman' which, in this one, is designated to be gold.

EDIT:

<!--The colours only as values for the game to identify they need to be recoloured by the team colours
  	So they need to be unique and not any other colour defined if set 0 for all the values, it will ignore
  	all recolouring within the game-->
	<colour name="bg" 									value="rgb(112,204,225)"/> <!--LIGHT BLUE-->
	<colour name="bg lighter" 								value="rgb(255,120,2)"/> <!--ORANGE-->
	<colour name="bg darker" 									value="rgba(15,172,3)"/> <!--GREEN-->
	<colour name="secondary" 								value="rgba(10,11,12,0)"/>

This would be a start, in settings.xml.

I made this monstrosity by doing that.

Edited by _Ben_

11 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

my friend, you do not understand what you are saying.  do you really want to make a light skin?  ready to spend several thousand hours of time on it?  it would be interesting to see the result. :)

In my heart, yes.

Realistically, My wife is 36 weeks pregnant and now you've made me realise this isn't something I want to do 😅

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I would hazard a guess that you've only defined 'bg lighter' or 'bg' and not both here. The skin uses them as well as 'fg' (for font) and 'faded text' as well as 'Statman' which, in this one, is designated to be gold.

You've got it, only defined bg & fg, I'll take a crack at it, with Statman I changed it to the green, had that one down easy 👍

2 minutes ago, JJJ1303 said:

You've got it, only defined bg & fg, I'll take a crack at it, with Statman I changed it to the green, had that one down easy 👍

In the settings file there is about four different options that defines Statman in different colours!

Enjoy playing. I will always enjoy seeing what people can produce and, being honest, I don't think a light skin from this is too much work. Just changing the definitions of what I've already used across the skin.

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

In the settings file there is about four different options that defines Statman in different colours!

Enjoy playing. I will always enjoy seeing what people can produce and, being honest, I don't think a light skin from this is too much work. Just changing the definitions of what I've already used across the skin.

What can I say, I'm a lazy scroller 😅

I'm starting a new job in 2 months so between Annual Leave + Paternity leave I've got 7 weeks off so I'll take a crack. I'm not overly used to xml coding so it's a learning experience for me!

Appreciate all the advice 👍

edit: it's rough AF right now but making significant progress now I know I have to define all elements (I assumed something like fg darker would make the already defined fg a set amount lower). Just can't find the right one for the sidebar text  or text on the squad view, both remaining white annoyingly.

image.thumb.png.fafebb199452a260b4a14f2dcf575b10.png

Edited by JJJ1303

I don't dislike what you're doing there, although I;d never personally use a lighter version! From experience, you're going to have to go through a lot of individual xmls and look for the string colour="fg" and colour="white" to replace all those little bits now that I see you've designated 'text' to be a blue-y colour.

To add to this: take a look at @Olas Nick's FM Light Skin - there's a lot of places where no colour is defined at all for things, and you need to add them in.  Just for reference, I needed to edit an additional 1,300 files for my light version compared to the dark version, and there's still stuff outstanding.  Of course, for a personal skin there's always things that you can kind of just leave out and accept as not being optimal!!

Appreciate the advice from you both, it's one of those things that I'll just add a little to every now and then,

As a practical question, could something like Visual Studio's find and replace across files be used to speed this up? I use RStudio for work and that's a function available but haven't attempted it with .xml yet.

As a practical question, could something like Visual Studio's find and replace across files be used to speed this up? I use RStudio for work and that's a function available but haven't attempted it with .xml yet.

Notepad++ has been my go-to to be honest for find and replace!

2 hours ago, JJJ1303 said:

Theoretically, and as @_Ben_ said Notepad++ is more than sufficient in that regard.  The challenge will be identifying which files (and which elements inside them) you need to make those changes to - because it won't just be a uniform case of changing everything from colour="white" to colour="text".  Personally most of the time sink was identifying the correct files/elements and working out which method was required to get what I wanted.  The actual adding/changing part isn't too onerous.

Trying to work on being thematic across my skin and also making it useable for 1920x1080 at 100% zoom and 85% zoom, something which I didn't ever really take into account because I play on 85%. All of the screenshots are taken at 100% to showcase that they fit. The theme is quite simple across the non-human panels and that is information at the top and bottom, sometimes in the form of links and buttons and then three panels of info centrally - split to showcase the most important in the middle. I'm adding some amination to flow through certain panels to get more in as a difference to just tabbed and on pages that are somewhat of an overview in nature.

5afd7a94c8c758ebc2a80fcf4cab3898.gif

ecd55a8c25f43513fe9c7704ad652621.gif

2bfe2c18c2e49acb1fe57e31fb827843.gif

692a0055c04e3a5798b648352e915b86.png

90e5a02fdc3bb290b8f5cdca7f5f66fc.png

40f368dbe973ac0d8b41551712732634.jpg

7d62fb0777fc0abc56c70a55419af971.png

---

The last one is, as you can see, a WIP, but you get the point! Would love some feedback on anything here though...

On 22/04/2023 at 14:32, -Jef- said:

edit - one suggestion

can you replace this percentage with the new scout knowledge descriptors?

Remembered I hadn't done this:

47f617b91899daec63c06b0d7a78ecf9.png

Now I have!

---

Also built a nice little loan report panel for all of your players away from the club:

44f6aee7e56049d87694a6b80dec5b57.png

Hi guys

Wonderful skin - if I only I could get it to work properly.

Basically, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I can only get this... some weird hybrid-mishmash of skins? Any ideas on how to fix this? I have cleared the cache, cleared all my other skins out of the folder etc..... 

Gutted about this. :(

statman.jpg

19 minutes ago, Crab Lungs SFC said:

Hi guys

Wonderful skin - if I only I could get it to work properly.

Basically, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I can only get this... some weird hybrid-mishmash of skins? Any ideas on how to fix this? I have cleared the cache, cleared all my other skins out of the folder etc..... 

Gutted about this. :(

statman.jpg

It's all good, I think I figured it out. I reset everything in preferences!

33 minutes ago, Crab Lungs SFC said:

It's all good, I think I figured it out. I reset everything in preferences!

Yeah you set the landing page of the attributes to attributes rather than profile

11 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Yeah you set the landing page of the attributes to attributes rather than profile

Thank god for that! Spent two hours simmering trying to figure it out, even contemplating shutting the laptop down and painting the front door! That can wait! :)

Another little annoying panel rebuilt in the style of the skin - the Youth Candidates page:

Preview

Spoiler

7e1b34b1833b02143300ee9d33aa18c2.png

At Intake

Spoiler

4d37b9d1920674daa7d87d1dcf5c394a.png

Post Intake (different year)

Spoiler

8acc9ceb2f40bbe03f62df8f3752ace9.png

Finding a lot of solace in rebuilding these panels. I'm not adding or creating anything revolutionary but just aligning them with my theme and learning what makes things work. I'm pretty much done now (he says - knowing that I'll find another panel to play with in a matter of hours/days) so I will get it checked over and a new version uploaded in the coming days.

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v3.3 - Updated 05.05.23
13 hours ago, GIMN said:

Just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with the happiness screen!  Top notch, as always.

image.thumb.png.a4b04df4e45800fef8b82dbabb03fa10.png

Thanks!

That was a graphic change many moons ago. I will be, though, making them a tabbed panel that you can switch through for each group of players.

EDIT: Maybe not. Virtually hard-coded panel.

Edited by _Ben_

31 minutes ago, Vladis said:

Huge offtop Ben, but am I right that Andrea Lazzaroni from Atalanta board is Ovechkin's alias after the retirement from hockey career? :D:D

think that I just used an AI face for him, rather than him actually being a multi sport legend!

1 hour ago, Vladis said:

Huge offtop Ben, but am I right that Andrea Lazzaroni from Atalanta board is Ovechkin's alias after the retirement from hockey career?

Marco Semprini is also NFL Quarterback Matt Ryan -  a former MVP and a man who will always be haunted by losing a Super Bowl after blowing a 28-3 lead.  I would also choose to move to Italy and change my name if that happened to me.

Rebuild number five hundred but I've got a nice player overview panel that fits in with the rest of the three boxes theme:

0b9ea9ef08b7cef82de7362f194a2ef9.png

Need to finish amending those linked buttons at the top (because Scout Report takes you nowhere, for example) and then porting the newer parts of this over to the AI profile. I think that, as the skin continues to develop, I'm likely to make a move (to default anyway) back to the attributes viewed in the more traditional way as it means I can push through another few ideas:

9f495f67713b929d5b8bbad815a8df89.png

As always - would love some feedback!

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Rebuild number five hundred but I've got a nice player overview panel that fits in with the rest of the three boxes theme:

0b9ea9ef08b7cef82de7362f194a2ef9.png

Need to finish amending those linked buttons at the top (because Scout Report takes you nowhere, for example) and then porting the newer parts of this over to the AI profile. I think that, as the skin continues to develop, I'm likely to make a move (to default anyway) back to the attributes viewed in the more traditional way as it means I can push through another few ideas:

9f495f67713b929d5b8bbad815a8df89.png

As always - would love some feedback!

Love it.
The three boxes theme looks very stylish!

6 hours ago, lukavski said:

Love it.
The three boxes theme looks very stylish!

3 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

That looks fantastic!

Thank you. I'm enjoying the rebuild.

Added some nice little sliding panels to these areas now. I've pretty much got the AI profile in line so it's a case of tidying up and then moving on to the staff panels to match.

e1378ca6504dc72ecc72aa8fb7ccbedc.gif

17 hours ago, yahya.duceysane said:

@_Ben_ I don't know if it's bug or intentional but in player profile there seems to be 2 determination attribute (See picture 1)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b9841ca73b7f7060cb5eac7017cc2723.png

But in the training page it doesn't (see picture 2)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.fa06f7d22f218e2be43895fa8567579a.png

Intentional. The training page only shows attribute groupings that can be developed - with the addition of ‘mentality’ whereas the player overview shows ‘linked attributes’ in the style of training groupings. Probably the best way I can word that idea!

Well, I've been on annual leave ahead of baby's arrival and made some good progress on making a lighter version of this (screenshots of it below). Most of it was solved by doing Find + replace across files searching for White and/or faded text (defining that one never worked for some reason!) replacing with a defined fg, and used @GIMN 's colours as a base before I edit it further. The only ones I can't seem to get are the sidebar text and a couple of minor things in the profile (e.g. the dates in the additional focus development)

Doubt I'll have much more time to work on this beyond this due to impending baby arrival, but I'm content with how it is! Appreciate all the help with attempting this!

20230514164417_1.thumb.jpg.490fc8d1ea3fb20214eed7f4c0bb846e.jpg

20230514164400_1.thumb.jpg.39df2b5c0e5a45b518696c6019cde5d7.jpg

20230514164355_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, JJJ1303 said:

Well, I've been on annual leave ahead of baby's arrival and made some good progress on making a lighter version of this (screenshots of it below). Most of it was solved by doing Find + replace across files searching for White and/or faded text (defining that one never worked for some reason!) replacing with a defined fg, and used @GIMN 's colours as a base before I edit it further. The only ones I can't seem to get are the sidebar text and a couple of minor things in the profile (e.g. the dates in the additional focus development)

Doubt I'll have much more time to work on this beyond this due to impending baby arrival, but I'm content with how it is! Appreciate all the help with attempting this!

good job
actually "find and replace" is the least interesting part of the job and it's probably only 5-10%. the most interesting thing will be later, when you will look for places where SI designers simply ignored the writing of certain parameters, relying on the fact that standard values will be loaded :)
in fact, I would really like to see if it is possible to do it entirely through editing only classes and properties, without interfering with panels

3 hours ago, JJJ1303 said:

I'm not personally a fan of the light skin but I do applaud your work on it. However, I do now have a new version ready to release, which I, assume, will not please you too much!