[FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

An FA statement read: "All clubs at Step 5 and 6 can use five substitutes per game from next season.

"The FA Council has voted to approve the new rule change."Clubs will only be able to name five subs in their matchday squad."

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I understand how the substitutes work ...

Steps 1-4 of non league: 3 from 5 named
Steps 5-6 of non-league: 5 from 5 named

FA Cup
Qualifying Rounds (Extra Prelim to 4th Q/R): 3 from 7 named (plus 1 more in extra time)
Competition Proper (Round 1 to Final): 5 from 9 named.  Only 3 stoppages allowed (excludes H/T).  1 more stoppage allowed in E/T (no more additional subs though)

FA Trophy
3 from 7 named

---

Note that the FA Trophy is currently wrong re format.  Prior to rounds the game asks about extra time/replays but in reality the only round where extra time applies is the final.  For rounds up to and including the semi final, games are settled at the first time of asking and if level at 90 minutes the game goes straight to penalties.

Edited by andydick

Yeah, Jack's given your level 8 database the big thumbs up.  Well done.

I did notice a couple of cosmetic things in the video - the league logo for the Isthmian league was BetVictor for instance, they bowed out a few years ago and Pitching In are now on board.  I suspect this is more to do with the logo pack WTS is using rather than anything in game.

I'll download and have a look.  We know the FA Trophy is broken but things like play-offs and promotions at steps 5 and 6 (getting the right teams to play at home) can be difficult to configure.

Edited by andydick

1 hour ago, andydick said:

Yeah, Jack's given your level 8 database the big thumbs up.  Well done.

I did notice a couple of cosmetic things in the video - the league logo for the Isthmian league was BetVictor for instance, they bowed out a few years ago and Pitching In are now on board.  I suspect this is more to do with the logo pack WTS is using rather than anything in game.

I'll download and have a look.  We know the FA Trophy is broken but things like play-offs and promotions at steps 5 and 6 (getting the right teams to play at home) can be difficult to configure.

That will be looked into once i get in and do the rules.

Simulated through the first season and all the play-offs worked exactly as they should for steps 3 and 4.

FA Trophy was correct too :).  I thought SI might have fixed it but following a couple of game re-starts etc it's only correct when your database is selected. Well done.  One minor issue is the Final which should go to extra-time before penalty kicks.

The Isthmian League Cup (or Velocity Trophy to give it its sponsored name) is actually optional entry but forget about that - it's great to have it in there in any form.

For the league stuff I haven't checked any of the geography so will have a look at that too.

7 hours ago, andydick said:

Simulated through the first season and all the play-offs worked exactly as they should for steps 3 and 4.

FA Trophy was correct too :).  I thought SI might have fixed it but following a couple of game re-starts etc it's only correct when your database is selected. Well done.  One minor issue is the Final which should go to extra-time before penalty kicks.

The Isthmian League Cup (or Velocity Trophy to give it its sponsored name) is actually optional entry but forget about that - it's great to have it in there in any form.

For the league stuff I haven't checked any of the geography so will have a look at that too.

yes most stuff will be fixed when i go into advanced rules

52 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I wondered about that. I'm seeing in the English and Scottish very low league files, almost all teams have semi-pro status. Why is that?

Nearly all of the teams down to level 10 will be semi-pro clubs.  Even teams at levels below 10.

Where the difference will be is in the types of contracts different teams offer - amateur, non-contract, part-time, full-time etc.  There will be sides at all levels that that pay players appearance money (non-contract) and there will be a lot of clubs (mainly 7-8) that pay part-time wages.

Edited by andydick

4 minutes ago, andydick said:

Nearly all of the teams down to level 10 will be semi-pro clubs.  Even teams at levels below 10.

Where the difference will be is in the types of contracts different teams offer - amateur, non-contract, part-time, full-time etc.  There will be sides at all levels that that pay players appearance money (non-contract) and there will be a lot of clubs (mainly 7-8) that pay part-time wages.

Interesting. Is this a recent development? In the lower league Irish/N. Irish files available there are levels at amateur status, and the last game I played, FM21 had loads of amateur levels in Scotland and England. Any idea why this has become a real-life phenomenon at this level in England and Scotland?

Tier 7/8 should definitely not have the scouting budget to scout the whole of England (which is the 87.5K package).

Within the game, Vanarama National sides Bromley, Solihull only have 25K budgets which means they can only scout their division (package is 17.5K).  Next package up is 52.5K.

In reality tier 7/8 will have very low scouting budgets but for the purposes of the game (and to ensure these clubs can do some form of scouting) their budgets should probably be set to the lowest none zero package, i.e. something like 20K.  This will ensure they can scout players from their own division (on the 17.5K package).

So, I'd set it to 20K so at least you can cover the teams in your division but I think it would be really interesting to see what would happen if you set it to 20K (tier 7), 10K (tier 8), 5K (tier 9) and 0 (tier 10) so basically you'd have to manage your budget because you wouldn't be able to scout all year round and therefore more dependent on staff recommendations etc.  At the moment tiers 10, 9 and 8 are just too easy (and you often get promoted first time around) because you can just get in the best players.  Having a small (or no) scouting budget should make the game more of a challenge.

Edited by andydick

24 minutes ago, andydick said:

Tier 7/8 should definitely not have the scouting budget to scout the whole of England (which is the 87.5K package).

Within the game, Vanarama National sides Bromley, Solihull only have 25K budgets which means they can only scout their division (package is 17.5K).  Next package up is 52.5K.

In reality tier 7/8 will have very low scouting budgets but for the purposes of the game (and to ensure these clubs can do some form of scouting) their budgets should probably be set to the lowest none zero package, i.e. something like 20K.  This will ensure they can scout players from their own division (on the 17.5K package).

So, I'd set it to 20K so at least you can cover the teams in your division but I think it would be really interesting to see what would happen if you set it to 20K (tier 7), 10K (tier 8), 5K (tier 9) and 0 (tier 10) so basically you'd have to manage your budget because you wouldn't be able to scout all year round and therefore more dependent on staff recommendations etc.  At the moment tiers 10, 9 and 8 are just too easy (and you often get promoted first time around) because you can just get in the best players.  Having a small (or no) scouting budget should make the game more of a challenge.

Yes i will be changing it when i get round to it, added it to my list of things to do lol

1 hour ago, andydick said:

actually even 20K is not needed, because package amount is cut monthly from the budget... so yes it can be less than 20 and still doable... (the point is its very tempting to shift that scouting budget to wage budget and get some easy players.. )

On 22/11/2022 at 21:45, GreyedOutMan said:

Im trying to work out what level the Middlesex County League Premier Division (that includes Kensington Dragons) is...is it 7? Says that on a non-league site but that doesn't sound right to me...

I'm a Clapton CFC fan so obviously the same league as you fine folks! We are unfortunately Tier 11. But I'm hoping it shouldn't in theory be too difficult to just add the club to Tier 10, replacing one of the sides already there. And who knows.... maybe this is the year we get promoted and therefore included for this DB on FM24!!!

4 hours ago, andydick said:

I like the tier idea. If a team in the National league only have 25k Im sure level 7-8 most likely have half that number and level 9-10 might dont even have a budget for scouting IRL.

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I like the tier idea. If a team in the National league only have 25k Im sure level 7-8 most likely have half that number and level 9-10 might dont even have a budget for scouting IRL.

Not all national league sides will be like that though, some will have big budgets

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Not all national league sides will be like that though, some will have big budgets

You're right - teams like Wrexham and even Dover (from the National South) will have very big scouting budgets.  But we're talking about tier 7-10 and I doubt very much that these sides have anything other than a very small budget. 

Edited by andydick

9 minutes ago, andydick said:

You're right - teams like Wrexham and even Dover (from the National South) will have very big scouting budgets.  But we're talking about tier 7-10 and I doubt very much that these sides have anything other than a very small budget. 

I will alter L7-L10 scouting budgets.

I will leave the rest as they are set up.

Hi @lionel messi

Look forward to seeing this thread every year!

I didn't get to play much of FM22 so I don't know whether you ended up making the FA competitions early rounds geographical draws work? If not, let me know as I managed to get it working very nicely on my own game.

7 hours ago, Richard Bell said:

Oooooh I am soooo excited for this!! I have never played this database but decided with FM23 I shall give it a go from the pyramid of English football. Any recommendations @lionel messiof who to manage? Or shall I wait for level 10?

Its personally up to you, Level 10 is about 2 weeks away if all goes ok.

4 hours ago, apass93 said:

Hi @lionel messi

Look forward to seeing this thread every year!

I didn't get to play much of FM22 so I don't know whether you ended up making the FA competitions early rounds geographical draws work? If not, let me know as I managed to get it working very nicely on my own game.

I did but i did not have many regions, maybe you can advise me when i start to do that in the advanced rules.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

I did but i did not have many regions, maybe you can advise me when i start to do that in the advanced rules.

Sure. I may still have my 22 editor file so can share it when you get to advanced rules.

On 27/11/2022 at 15:26, andydick said:

I have just been looking at the scouting budgets for all Leagues, Championship down to Vanarama National League North/South.

Alot of the teams dont have any scouting budgets at all so not sure what to set the budgets at for L7-L10 and would this be then set so it could not change during the game when you move up the leagues or is it changeable every season?

21 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I have just been looking at the scouting budgets for all Leagues, Championship down to Vanarama National League North/South.

Alot of the teams dont have any scouting budgets at all so not sure what to set the budgets at for L7-L10 and would this be then set so it could not change during the game when you move up the leagues or is it changeable every season?

i think board allots scouting budget every season based on finances and league.

I should point out that the scouting package option appears to only affect the default selection for a team's scouting package. Despite setting a team to have "none" scouting package, they still had 109k in scouting budget. It is possible that this is a bug, especially if some National League teams have a scouting budget of only 25K in the game.

29 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I should point out that the scouting package option appears to only affect the default selection for a team's scouting package. Despite setting a team to have "none" scouting package, they still had 109k in scouting budget. It is possible that this is a bug, especially if some National League teams have a scouting budget of only 25K in the game.

Can you report it in the bug section please

4 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Does non league teams in the vanilla game have various scouting budgets or are they all 109k as well? Im not near the game to confirm, so it may not be a bug at all.

No they are not 109k at all. I have seen low reputation teams with zero scouting budgets in vanilla db. At least try your luck maybe they'll fix it by fm25 lol

Edited by dℍaisa

7 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

There are 2 things here - the scouting budget and the scouting package.

If a club chooses to go with the scouting package of 0 then it essentially means any scouting budget that has been provided can be used for other purposes e.g. re-allocated to transfer budget.  The scouting package determines how much of the scouting budget is used up each month. Selecting a scouting package of 'none' isn't suddenly going to remove any scouting budget.

If, as Messi suggests, we set the scouting budgets of T9 and T10 to 0 then (presumably) the only package selectable is the 'none' package.  If we set T8 to say 5K then they'll be able to select the lowest package (17.5K) but the budget will run out after 3-4 months.

That's how I understand it anyway.

Edited by andydick

6 minutes ago, andydick said:

If a club chooses to go with the scouting package of 0 then it essentially means any scouting budget that has been provided can be used for other purposes e.g. re-allocated to transfer budget.  The scouting package determines how much of the scouting budget is used up each month. Selecting a scouting package of 'none' isn't suddenly going to remove any scouting budget.

If, as Messi suggests, we set the scouting budgets of T9 and T10 to 0 then (presumably) the only package selectable is the 'none' package.  If we set T8 to say 5K then they'll be able to select the lowest package (17.5K) but the budget will run out after 3-4 months.

In that case theres no bug 

Re my last statement "If, as Messi suggests, we set the scouting budgets of T9 and T10 to 0 then (presumably) the only package selectable is the 'none' package.  If we set T8 to say 5K then they'll be able to select the lowest package (17.5K) but the budget will run out after 3-4 months."

I haven't checked this but even if a club has 0 scouting budget they may still be able to select a scouting package other than 'none'.  It just means the money to pay for the package must come from elsewhere which I'm guessing is the transfer budget first and then club funds.

Edited by andydick

3 hours ago, andydick said:

I did not know their was a scouting budget, i thought their was just a scouting package.

Where do i find scouting budget.