Future Versions of FMM

Hello,

As we now have a lot of good and powerfull tablets, such as Ipad Pro with M1 chip, anyone knows if future versions of FMM will be less limited, for example, more than 5 leagues to choose, more detailed training and tactics session, and so on? Maybe an extra version for powerfull devices, so we can choose the one to buy?

Maybe anyone one from SI can tell us if this is feasible for FMM23.

Thanks

• SI Staff

The game will continue to improve and evolve as devices move forward - that being said however it is intended to remain a game which is relatively simple, fast and fun to play so the intent is not to needlessly complicate it at any point.

I want the game to remain one where you can easily blast through a season in an evening or pick it up for 15 minutes during a commute and feel you are able to play through a couple of matches meaningfully.

The mobile team do great work imo. I would not like tactics or training to get complicated, if you want that then you'll find it in the PC game. I always prefer simple training and simple tactics, I just started playing Championship Manager 2007 on my PSP and I find the training to be really hard to understand, tactics also are not so simple. It's reassuring to hear Marc say that it is intended to remain a game which is relatively simple, and that the intent is not to complicate it at any point, that is music to my ears. For me training and tactics are just fine as they are. Not sure if the team are going to introduce 6 playable leagues? The issue for me with the mobile game is that you can only really buy players from the 5 chosen leagues, I know its silly to compare but does anyone remember playing Sensible World of Soccer? Loved playing that and going to buy players from the Faroe Islands for 25k and buying players from San Marino for 35k lol, would love to be able to do that in FM Mobile, its a shame that all players are in grey in every other country which you have not chosen, I'm not sure if it will ever be possible to have a larger database of players outside of the leagues you have chosen. I would love to have teamtalks before the match, at half time and at full time, and maybe press conferences, Championship Manager 2010 express had press conferences which were fun. The game is great as it is but imo it just needs to be a little more fun. Every faith in the mobile team that they will deliver another great game.

Edited by Hummingbird Saltalamacchia

Some good thoughts @Hummingbird Saltalamacchia. I'd like teamtalks I think (but not pitchside shouts, that's too much). However I wouldn't want press conferences - it'd get too repetitive real quickly. 

Expanding playable leagues is always favourable, if they could make it so it recommended a set up based on your device's capability that would be great which would help those with older devices still have a good experience. 

I have to say though I do find players buyable from other leagues - the more reputable players anyway.

On 09/06/2022 at 20:26, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

The mobile team do great work imo. I would not like tactics or training to get complicated, if you want that then you'll find it in the PC game. I always prefer simple training and simple tactics, I just started playing Championship Manager 2007 on my PSP and I find the training to be really hard to understand, tactics also are not so simple. It's reassuring to hear Marc say that it is intended to remain a game which is relatively simple, and that the intent is not to complicate it at any point, that is music to my ears. For me training and tactics are just fine as they are. Not sure if the team are going to introduce 6 playable leagues? The issue for me with the mobile game is that you can only really buy players from the 5 chosen leagues, I know its silly to compare but does anyone remember playing Sensible World of Soccer? Loved playing that and going to buy players from the Faroe Islands for 25k and buying players from San Marino for 35k lol, would love to be able to do that in FM Mobile, its a shame that all players are in grey in every other country which you have not chosen, I'm not sure if it will ever be possible to have a larger database of players outside of the leagues you have chosen. I would love to have teamtalks before the match, at half time and at full time, and maybe press conferences, Championship Manager 2010 express had press conferences which were fun. The game is great as it is but imo it just needs to be a little more fun. Every faith in the mobile team that they will deliver another great game.

I also think the tactics and training are fine as they are - I find it just about the right balance. I love the game the way it is and wouldn’t want much added to it tbh. Maybe team talks just before and at half time to (hopefully!) give the team a little boost would be a nice addition but overall, the mobile version on my iPad looks (the toned down UI option!) and plays great and is that good that I don’t miss playing Touch on it at all. Great game.

On 12/06/2022 at 00:11, MrManagerMan said:

Maybe team talks just before and at half time

I think it would be way too much if it was twice for every game and you felt you had to do it.

But you know how you can Talk to your player and praise or criticise their performance, but you don't get the option if you did it recently and if you do it too often it loses it's effectiveness, etc? That'd be great if it was mapped onto a team talk. Maybe have it in the main menu for access all the time (before and after games), but a special interface to get it at half time. Most of the time you wouldn't use it but, every so often you could. And you could get up them, or praise their performance in the first half and say more of the same please, or even discipline them (extra training sessions!). 

I think that has potential as a occasional performance boost (or negative influence if you get it wrong). 

On 11/06/2022 at 14:13, ElliottMS said:

Some good thoughts @Hummingbird Saltalamacchia. I'd like teamtalks I think (but not pitchside shouts, that's too much). However I wouldn't want press conferences - it'd get too repetitive real quickly. 

Expanding playable leagues is always favourable, if they could make it so it recommended a set up based on your device's capability that would be great which would help those with older devices still have a good experience. 

I have to say though I do find players buyable from other leagues - the more reputable players anyway.

I just hope the mobile team won't end up like Konami, they were beyond lazy with those Pro Evolution Soccer games on the PS3. They used to take two steps forward and then ten steps back, always cutting out the best features especially in the Master League. I remember they used to get huge amounts of criticism lol and rightly so. I don't think the mobile team get any criticism etc, the only criticism I hear of is that the game ain't changed much over the years and that it's the same as previous editions which I'm not sure is true as they have added layers of new features on top of an already fantastic game. Agree with you completely ElliottMS regarding press conferences and pitchside shouting, I guess press conferences would get repetitive real quick. I believe teamtalks would be fun, see it as a game of risk, criticise your players a lot and maybe you will lose the dressing room, or if you come in as a interim/short term manager and the players stop playing just like what happened to wreck it Ralph ringnick at Man Utd lol. You could have a random set of choices regarding teamtalks, a Mike Bassett one is out of the question I guess lol, have you heard what the crowd are fu..ing shouting, Bassetts a bast..d, Bassetts a wan..r, they shouldn't be fu..ing shouting at me, they should be shouting at you, and do you know why? Because its fu..ing half time and we're fu..ing 2-0 down to the Mexicans, what the f..ks wrong with you? Get your fu..ing fingers out, where's your fu..ing bottle gone (hurls piece of equipment at goalkeeper) and f...ing pay attention you c..t, when I'm fu..ing talking to you, if you don't wanna wear the shirt, fu..ing take it off, there's thousands of kids out there who'd die to put that fu..ing shirt on. Get back on the fu..ing field, show those bast..ds what you can fu..ing do, or you can f..k off home on the fu..ing plane, you got that? Then you lose 4-0 lol, would it be asking too much if we can tear into our players like that lol. Great idea ElliottMS regarding expanding playable leagues. The more reputable for sure are available but I still think it would be good to have a lot of the smaller players available from the lower leagues. I feel Soccer Manager beats FM Mobile when it comes to the player database and a better setup of leagues. I don't have the Dutch league or Portugal league selected so it's good you can still sign most players from the other big leagues when you've not selected them. And good to hear that MrManagerMan, so we have three of us wanting teamtalks lol, I think StephenCronin does also lol although he has a good suggestion there. 

Love that Mike Bassett quote lol, I remember watching that film in cinema with my dad. I still laugh to myself how two lower league players called Benson and Hedges got called up because he wrote the squad on the back of a fag packet :lol:

If I'm not mistaken the full fat game has a hairdryer option?

58 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

Love that Mike Bassett quote lol, I remember watching that film in cinema with my dad. I still laugh to myself how two lower league players called Benson and Hedges got called up because he wrote the squad on the back of a fag packet :lol:

Really underrated film. Was actually watching the top 5 Mike Bassett moments on YouTube last night, do you remember the one before he gets on the team bus and there are fans who are shouting at him so he talks to them and he says you think your big and clever shouting at people, can't you think of something constructive to say because if you can then I'd like to hear it, fans then question his tactics and player choices, then Mike simply nods his head then says arr f..k off lol. The Benson and Hedges one is really funny, Ron Benson and Tony Hedges lol, one of them was 46 lol. That was top 3 that moment lol. I have no idea about the PC game but I might look to see if it has the hairdryer option.

22 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

Haha great scene that! “Where does it say Benson and Hedges on here, love?” Then making up a reason why he’s picked them in the press conference. Brilliant!

I wouldn’t want press conferences in FMM. I find again I like the little bit of press we get to do every now and then in the game. It’s enough for me and enjoyable as it is without it getting tiresome. With the team talks I agree it could get too much before and at half time so maybe a simple Praise/Negative or nothing would be good at halftime and as with talking to individual players, if you overdo it, it loses its impact. 

On the whole though, I think FMM22 is a great game as it is and I wouldn’t want anything added just for the sake of it if it ruined the flow of the game.

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, filip_croatia said:

Will Croatian league be added to FMM 23 ? 

There have not been any announcements yet about any new leagues. Hopefully there will be 1 or 2.

It is obvious why you'd want Croatia, for me Switzerland and Austria are in particular missing. It would also be good to get some other world leagues though too, one or two from the Middle East for example, and/or Egypt. Oh and Brazil would be great but unlikely. Oh and some Scandinavian leagues. You know, not much.

3 minutes ago, MatiasDFS said:

i know brazil has license issues but we could have it anyway like in the PC game, its top 10 in the world imo

Yeah that's why I doubted Brazil but it's definitely a big miss. Especially with the state championships, used to love those from champman days.

Whatever we're writing down here we can be sure the devs will have picked what leagues if any they're adding on months ago so it's all conjecture at this point.