[FM22] Diaspora 2022 - Second Nationality Updates

DIASPORA 2022

4c04BPd.png

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

New for FM22.4, this adds missing second nationalities to a lot of players and staff.

For uncapped players, this adds to their national team options (mirroring real life), and increases the player pool for teams like Jamaica.

To let smaller sides like Barbados, Martinique, and Suriname really take advantage, you should load all players based in England, France, and/or the Netherlands.

This will never be fully complete, obviously, but let me know if you see someone I'm missing, this can be a regularly updated project.

Compatible with the Québec plays friendlies add-on.

Edited by themodelcitizen

I usually end up deleting a lot of those instead :D It is the biggest job in the Iron Curtain right now.

But I agree with the mod, I was looking through German data and so much Turksih-German players who only have German nationality. That's officially not even possible! Same for Moroccan players.

Oh weird, sorry, I've fixed that now.

I may also go through and just change players' full nationality instead of second nationality if they're uncapped. Might help with loading players if you, say, load all players from St. Lucia (or the Caribbean), instead of needing to load all players based in England.

Here's a screenshot of the mod in action:

RMoCc28.png

52 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Oh weird, sorry, I've fixed that now.

Ahh, I haven't had a good look at German-based players, that will be a future fix.

I may also go through and just change players' full nationality instead of second nationality if they're uncapped. Might help with loading players if you, say, load all players from St. Lucia (or the Caribbean), instead of needing to load all players based in England.

Appreciate that! The file loads fine now!

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I usually end up deleting a lot of those instead :D It is the biggest job in the Iron Curtain right now.

But I agree with the mod, I was looking through German data and so much Turksih-German players who only have German nationality. That's officially not even possible! Same for Moroccan players.

This was one of the first years editing where I noticed some youngsters where I wasn't sure if they would actually qualify for the second nationality. Like, Bradley Wright-Phillips gets one, but Ian Wright's grandson is in there now, and Wrighty was born in England.

The same might apply to some youngsters on the continent with Turkish or Moroccan last names, although in general if I spot one I do some quick research to see if it merits a second nationality on here

Thanks!

I'm missing a lot of youngsters, because much of the research was for an earlier version in FM18.

I'll be away for a few weeks now but in the summer I'll make more updates (especially with CONCACAF Nations League call-ups coming).

Plus, anyone else can feel free to make additions and post a link!

This is great idea!  Thank you for your work.   I've long been adding/editing nationalities in Pre-Game and In-Game Editor as I come across players missing them.   As you and Wolf-pd said, it makes a big impact on Jamaica and Turkey.  Also African nations.  

Increasing the player pool for African nations (without having to load an absurdly large player DB) has long been something of an obsession for me.

I was at first, noting that FM22 has different categories for second nationalities now (acquired via relative, etc). But very few of the default 2nd nationalities actually specify (except for, like, naturalized Chinese players) so I didn't bother. Might be worth touching up the DB that way in the future though

On 07/05/2022 at 17:07, Wolf_pd said:

Is it worth the time to look into Jus sanguinis and Jus soli?

Wow - I never thought I'd see these terms referenced outside of my job, lol.

Jus soli works wonders in U.S. citizenship law, by the way.  There are all sorts of bizarre scenarios you can conceive of involving children being born while flying in an airplane over the United States.  Gotta love the 14th Amendment!

46 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Wow - I never thought I'd see these terms referenced outside of my job, lol.

Jus soli works wonders in U.S. citizenship law, by the way.  There are all sorts of bizarre scenarios you can conceive of involving children being born while flying in an airplane over the United States.  Gotta love the 14th Amendment!

I told you I take my research serious :D

Isn't the Jus Soli not one of the reason there are checks on pregnancy from certain countries, even besides the usual 'don't fly after X weeks'?

• 4 weeks later...

Imagine the Suriname when all Dutch players with a Suriname background would have picked Suriname as their nation to play for, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Seedorf, Rijkaard, Gullit :eek:

I've thought about a fantasy database where everyone was defaulted to their lowest-ranked available nationality (of however many), especially back when Canada weren't any good and it would've meant Hargreaves, Begovic and Jonathan de Guzman all suiting up for the Canucks. Anton and Rio Ferdinand at the backline for Saint Lucia. Etc etc...

For now, I'll focus on realism :lol: I've just updated it with a couple of small ones I missed from Nations League. It's definitely CONCACAF-optimized because I follow their FAs' efforts to naturalize players more closely, but there are some African and European player changes in the DB too.

18 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I've thought about a fantasy database where everyone was defaulted to their lowest-ranked available nationality (of however many), especially back when Canada weren't any good and it would've meant Hargreaves, Begovic and Jonathan de Guzman all suiting up for the Canucks. Anton and Rio Ferdinand at the backline for Saint Lucia. Etc etc...

For now, I'll focus on realism :lol: I've just updated it with a couple of small ones I missed from Nations League. It's definitely CONCACAF-optimized because I follow their FAs' efforts to naturalize players more closely, but there are some African and European player changes in the DB too.

I am thinking of a heritage DB for FM23. I was working through the data for the Iron Curtain and looking at what DR Congo can bring to the field for instance, that's a scary team!

Everyone talks about the potential of a unified Yugoslav team, especially 10 years ago or so, but imagine if they also had diaspora first-gen players like Zlatan and Shaquiri in the mix too?!

Also, the DB has been updated again to reflect the last round of CONCACAF U-20 call-ups.

15 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Everyone talks about the potential of a unified Yugoslav team, especially 10 years ago or so, but imagine if they also had diaspora first-gen players like Zlatan and Shaquiri in the mix too?!

Also, the DB has been updated again to reflect the last round of CONCACAF U-20 call-ups.

Yugoslavia would be so good that Sweden would be the lower ranked one to get Zlatan 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Add the following nationalities to these players

- Lebano to David Ismail (Nürnberg) [source]
- Palestine & Slovakia to Amin Haj Yahya [source]

- Sri. Lanka to Claudio Kammerknecht (Freiburg II) [source]
- Morocco to Soufiane El-Faouzi (Paderborn) [source]
- Portugal to Leandro Becker Rasteiro (Osnabrück) [source]
- Turkey to Abu-Bekir El-Zein (Dortmund II) [source]
- Palestine to Alaa Bakir (Dortmund II) [source]
- Morocco, Brazil & Turkey to Cebrails Makreckis (Viktoria Berlin) [source]
- United States to Ian Smith (Saarbrücken) [source]
- Sweden to Linus Östlund (Saarbrücken) [source]
- Italy to Alessandro Lazzano (Saarbrücken) [source]
- Albania to Arvin Moulai (Osnabrück) [source]
- Iraq to Youssef Amyn (Fortuna Köln) [source]
- Perú to Yannick Filipovic (Bonner SC)  [source]
- Palestine to Imad Aweimer (Kray) [source]
- Palestine to Tariq Suleiman (Fortuna Köln) [source]
- Lebano to Leon Neaime (Stuttgarter Kickers) [source]

- Palestine to Yousef Emghames (Berliner AK) [source]
- Palestine to Omar Hajjaj (Berliner AK) [source]
- Palestine to Mohammad Zaher (Geislingen) [source]

- Cuba to Adrian Navarrete-Hultberg (AIK) [source]
- Chile to Marco Olsson Valdes (Brommapojkarna) [source]
- Costa Rica to Nathan Hernández Ohrn (Örebro) [source]
- Peru to Daniel Bergman (Helsingborg) [source]
- Morocco & Syria to Elas Barsoum (Örebro) [source]
- Lebanon to Josef Keyrouz (Örebro) [source]
- Russia to Aziz Harabi (Hammarby) [source]
- Iraq to Baker Amer (Helsingborg) [source]
- Iraq to Mahdi Kadum (Helsingborg) [source]
- Syria to Alexander Mourad (Norrköping) [source]
- Palestine & Iraq to Ahmed Qasem (Elfsborg) [source]
- Iraq to Arian Sawsani (Elfsborg) [source]
- Iraq & Argelia to Alai Hussain Ghasem (Göteborg) [source]
- Iraq to Montader Madjed (Varbergs) [source]
- Iraq to David Mourad (Jönköpings Södra) [source]
- Morocco to Isak Arvidsson Najhi (Linköpings) [source]
- Iraq to Mustafa Ali Ismael (Brage) [source]
- Lebanon to Leonardo Farah Shanin (Qviding) [source]
- Yemen to Khalid Abdo (Free Agent) [source]
- Chile to Kevin Sellman Villalobos (Stocksund) [source]
- Chile to Paul Nyman (Västra) [source
- Chile to Tiger Cornell (Linköpings) [source]
- Chile to Fabian Vitrera (AFC United) [source]

This is great. My grandparents were from Montserrat, and I support their national team, so every FM save I make, I always end up switching a ton of eligible players to Montserrat (i.e Willock's, Furlong, Buffonge) - and later on using the editor to switch over some other Caribbean countries. Found a ton of new players. Really enjoying this. Great stuff

Edited by GiannelliImbula

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2022 at 06:26, willz71172 said:

I'll work on this next week when I'm back home. Thanks for the research! This looks great.

On 28/06/2022 at 03:26, willz71172 said:

OK, done, excellent work @willz71172. If you load all players based in Germany and Sweden, you'll have an increased player pool for west Asian countries like Lebanon and Iraq.

Will make playing in tournaments like the Arab Cup and Gulf Cup fun - watch this space, I'm working on converting my old FM18 tournaments over.

I recommend putting a lot of this data in the database bugs forum so that you wouldn't have to do this every year :lol:

Speaking of that forum, there's a lot of second nationality data on this page to consider if you haven't already.

• 4 weeks later...

This has been subject to the occasional update. It should port over fine to FM23, with the caveat that the occasional player might have a dual nationality show up twice in their information screen (if the researchers added the same second nationality we did).

I also made a minor corrections file (alternate link) this will work with. It fixes some high-rep competition and stage names to remove sponsors and add the official names.

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

This has been subject to the occasional update. It should port over fine to FM23, with the caveat that the occasional player might have a dual nationality show up twice in their information screen (if the researchers added the same second nationality we did).

I also made a minor corrections file this will work with. It fixes some high-rep competition and stage names to remove sponsors and add the official names.

Could it be that you've changed some nation names in the editor? If I load the file my Dutch NT has the English name, but my game language is set to Dutch. When I don't use this file, it returns to Dutch again.
It is a fabulous additon by the way. I like playing in minor leagues like the Solomon Islands and the Philippines and then it increases the amount of players that are eligible for my team registration. So thank you very much for making this :thup:

Edited by Jorgen

Oh sorry about that, I think I changed "Holland" to "the Netherlands" for my own obsessiveness, I can remove that change, should really leave that to the user.

Cheers for the feedback! For the Philippines, you might want to load all players based in Canada as well. I don't remember adding many Solomon Islanders, lol, but yes it's a god-send if you do manage lesser-lights in international football (just need SI to fix it in general!). Same goes for playing with a custom Japanese DB and all the Asian countries they allow as domestic.

@themodelcitizen No worries. I remeber it happened with some other nations too, but it was easy to revert back to the Dutch names. Canada was my favorite nation, together with Norway. I had a bunch of them in my team, which helped me a lot. The Philippines have a very low level of youth, so only a few players where decent enough to help my team progressing. Managed to get to the final of the AFC Cup and to the semis of the AFC CL though (with Stallion Laguna) and managed to win a regional cup with the NT. I was lucky to have Canada loaded for my hexagon challenge. I didn't knew before that there would be players with dual nationality Canada-Philippines so it was a god-send indeed.

Toronto and Vancouver (and probably the rest of the large and mid-sized cities too) have huge Filipino populations, and as you can see from guys like Pat Metcalfe and David Choiniere (who exactly did you manage to poach for your national team?), they can ball too

10 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@themodelcitizen No worries. I remeber it happened with some other nations too, but it was easy to revert back to the Dutch names. Canada was my favorite nation, together with Norway. I had a bunch of them in my team, which helped me a lot. The Philippines have a very low level of youth, so only a few players where decent enough to help my team progressing. Managed to get to the final of the AFC Cup and to the semis of the AFC CL though (with Stallion Laguna) and managed to win a regional cup with the NT. I was lucky to have Canada loaded for my hexagon challenge. I didn't knew before that there would be players with dual nationality Canada-Philippines so it was a god-send indeed.

The De Guzmans are a good example of them, even though one ended up in the Dutch NT.