Wiping the Slate Clean: A Logical Guide to Building a Tactic from Scratch

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to drop-in and thank y'all for the post and continued dialog.  This is one of my favorite posts on the forum and has helped me a ton in tactical development within my saves.

On 02/12/2022 at 16:07, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

This should be a good option, what do you guys think? Having some doubt if AMR or RB will be at Attack.

image.png.5b8c118870fb875f4be2d2cd5c2bc435.png

I think your formation is ok ,at least for my taste.

Just experiment with default passing or removing work ball into box since looks like a overkill for a balanced mentality in my opinion..

Default passing will be better with more att duties since your formation isnt a possession one

On 02/12/2022 at 14:07, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

This should be a good option, what do you guys think? Having some doubt if AMR or RB will be at Attack.

image.png.5b8c118870fb875f4be2d2cd5c2bc435.png

Having some difficulty during October, some draw and loss, it’s being difficult to score and almost every game I suffer 1 goal. I removed short pass , and almost all goals are in counter. Any suggestion? I would like to have a possession game. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb pedromanuelpinto:

Having some difficulty during October, some draw and loss, it’s being difficult to score and almost every game I suffer 1 goal. I removed short pass , and almost all goals are in counter. Any suggestion? I would like to have a possession game. 

Same with me: first everything was working out fine and my team was in excellent form, one loss and everything was gone.

I play 2nd Bundesliga and maybe the problem is, if you are sitting in the top places teams try to hit you on the counter and defend with many players deep. 
You have an IFa and PFa both players need space behind the defence to attack and so your movement patterns are not working out anymore. 
I had a AF up front who just quit scoring, the PFa has similar movement patterns.

Maybe us both need new patterns against those deep and thick defenselines.

Right now I am trying to implement a more possession based play but I am not good at it. 
I gave my team two sup WB and put my DM on d but it wasn’t that good. After I switched for a 4231 which was better for attack but I conceded much more goals. 
problem is, my WB are my only wideplayers though I need a DM to cover for that. 
Plus: who will be my main scorer if I won’t play an AF? 
A SS combined with a DLFs, two WBs for support and IWs as runners and a DLPs to trigger the SS runs into the space the DLF created? Plus a BWMd for cover on positive mentality?
it’s a bit low cover with two WBs…

that are my thoughts about the problem, Feedback appreciated.

Edited by HanziZoloman

6 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Same with me: first everything was working out fine and my team was in excellent form, one loss and everything was gone.

I play 2nd Bundesliga and maybe the problem is, if you are sitting in the top places teams try to hit you on the counter and defend with many players deep. 
You have an IFa and PFa both players need space behind the defence to attack and so your movement patterns are not working out anymore. 
I had a AF up front who just quit scoring, the PFa has similar movement patterns.

Maybe us both need new patterns against those deep and thick defenselines.

Right now I am trying to implement a more possession based play but I am not good at it. 
I gave my team two sup WB and put my DM on d but it wasn’t that good. After I switched for a 4231 which was better for attack but I conceded much more goals. 
problem is, my WB are my only wideplayers though I need a DM to cover for that. 
Plus: who will be my main scorer if I won’t play an AF? 
A SS combined with a DLFs, two WBs for support and IWs as runners and a DLPs to trigger the SS runs into the space the DLF created? Plus a BWMd for cover on positive mentality?
it’s a bit low cover with two WBs…

that are my thoughts about the problem, Feedback appreciated.

Great resume. That's what is happening to me.

Going to make some changes, for example will do this:

• Is the opposition in an organized block that you aren’t creating chances on, even though your team is of higher quality? Try Run at Defense to create qualitative superiority and 2v1 overloads based on beating a man with individual skill. Similarly, if your shots are all low xG opportunities but you're getting plenty of them, you can try turning on Work Ball Into Box in order to pass through the opposition and exert qualitative superiority that way.

Almost all the teams use a 32212 (and something the CM are DM). So they are all in the box...

What I'm aiming at:

image.png.12f7bd27e660f9e3586934cf0f1dfff2.png

Inverted Wingers so they can have an hybrid role and more players in the box.

Overlap at the two sides.

Still have one Full Back (don't know if would have two Wing Backs will be good defensively).

Change the DM from DLP to DM.

Mantain the PF because I want to press in front.

Will check in the next matchs what happen.

Edited by pedromanuelpinto

vor 5 Stunden schrieb pedromanuelpinto:

Hi,

An update, since the chances I had 5 wins and 1 draw. Saw some changes in the attacking, the inverted wingers and the run with the ball helped a lot against the more defensive teams. 

That’s great! I‘ll try it too. Do you play on balance or positive mentality?

sorry missed your update. Looks great especially that you could maintain your PFa

Edited by HanziZoloman

vor 1 Stunde schrieb pedromanuelpinto:

I play on balance.

Thank you! 

Which Team and League?

I play with 1860 Munich in German 2nd and with Hearts in Scottish first. 
In Scotland it’s much easier due to high transfer fees for my players. With 1860 it’s hard, we had a 15.000 seater stadium until 2027

i also changed my striker to PFa which is working great.

Edited by HanziZoloman