Premiership Re-Visited. A Millsy First.

*This is my first ever challenge so feel free to give me some constructive criticism.*

The Premiership Re-Visited. A Millsy First.

The Aim:

In 1992/93 English football saw the birth of the English Premier League. The aim of this challenge is to make today’s Premier League resemble that of the 1992/93 league as much as is possible. This is a one man mission.

The Challenge:

In 1992/93 there was 22 teams that competed in the Premier League compared to the 20 teams that now compete in the Premier League. The aim of the challenge is to have today’s Premier League consist of the 20 of the original 22 members. How you do this is up to you? You may choose to be sneaky and take charge of the like of Wigan and destroy them from the inside, beware though as this could destroy your reputation as a manager and then how would you get that job at Leeds to take them back to the top?

1992/93 Premier League

This is how the Premier League looked as the 1992/93 season got underway. Out of the 22 teams only 10 teams currently play in today’s Premier League. There are 12 teams that you can choose to get into the Premier League, varying in difficulty from AFC Wimbledon to Sheffield United.

1. Arsenal - Still in the Premier League

2. Aston Villa - Still in the Premier League

3. Blackburn Rovers - Still in the Premier League

4. Chelsea - Still in the Premier League

5. Coventry City - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

6. Crystal Palace - Currently in the Coca-Cola Chmpionship

7. Everton - Still in the Premier League

8. Ipswich Town - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

9. Leeds United - Currently in Coca-Cola League One

10. Liverpool - Still in the Premier League

11. Manchester City - Still in the Premier League

12. Manchester United - Still in the Premier League

13. Middlesbrough - Still in the Premier League

14. Norwich City - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

15. Nottingham Forest - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

16. Oldham Athletic - Currently in Coca-Cola League One

17. Queens Park Rangers - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

18. Southampton - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

19. Sheffield United - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

20. Sheffield Wednesday - Currently in the Coca-Cola Championship

21. Tottenham Hotspur - Still in the Premier League

22. Wimbledon - Ambiguous. Can be played as either AFC Wimbledon (Blue Square South) or MK Dons (Currently in Coca-Cola League One)

Rules:

· Upon taking up this challenge, the player is to load a minimum of English Leagues down to the Blue Square North/South divisions.

· Other leagues may be selected if desired.

· Any Database size can be selected.

· Attribute Masking must be ticked.

· Load Real Players must be ticked.

· You must only create and use ONE manager per game.

· If you have been sacked you must remain with that manager unless it is impossible to get another job, at that time you have LOST the challenge and must start again!

· You may (if you wish) add a manager to a club and then retire him immediately to enable your manager to get that job. You must still apply and get the job though. If you can, please avoid doing this, it should only be used for completion of the challenge.

· Players can manage any team in England only. International Management is not allowed until completion of the challenge.

· Upon completion of the challenge, the successful player must post a screenshot of their manager history and a picture of the English Premier League to verify results.

· AI team promotions and relegations are allowed upon your final results (you will need some luck).

· Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this).

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this).

How to Post a Screenshot:

· While in FM, press the Prt Sc button.

· Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

· Save the file as a JPEG

· Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Imageshack

· Post the direct URL to the image here.

Tips:

After getting a team into the English Premier League you may want to consider consolidating their position before jumping ship.

Don't forget to keep an eye on the current Premier League sides. You may have to bail them out if they are struggling to stay in the division.

Good Luck:

Good luck with the challange, I have found it to be very difficult myself but I strongly believe that it can be done (although if your try getting AFC Wimbledon into the EPL your a braver man than me)

Please feel free to post screenshots of your progress and let me know how you are getting on. Once again, Good Luck.

Millsy.

This sounds like an excellent challenge. I'm afraid I don't have the time to do it, but if I did, I'd try and get every team except Oldham and AFC Wimbledon/MK Dons in there. (That's canvey!!'s tip ;))

I (for my sin's) have to get Oldham there as I support them, so it would not be right if I didn't take them back to their glory days.

Nice idea this :thup:

It should make a great read if anyone manages to get close to finishing it. I guess the best tactic would be to make sure that when you leave a club they have enough good young players on long contract to keep them going in the Premier League for a few more years.

Nice idea this :thup:

It should make a great read if anyone manages to get close to finishing it. I guess the best tactic would be to make sure that when you leave a club they have enough good young players on long contract to keep them going in the Premier League for a few more years.

Thanks dafuge. Getting praise from yourself is like Alex Fergerson telling you, your a good footballer!

The problems I have is that you when you leave a club you often find yourself going back for players you once managed thus making your former clubs weaker. Its very hard not to keep going in for the better players.

I've been playing for around 2 weeks now (although I'm combining it with a long term career game) and I have found it to be very tough. I'm actually at work at the moment (I love Sundays ;)) so will hopefully get some screenshots of my game up tonight when I get home from work.

Edit - I suppose I had best go and do some work. I will check in again in about an hours time and see if there have been any takers.

I'd just like to echo a few others: very nice challenge. A good combination of long term "progress a team through the ranks" and switching to other teams, with a dose of luck involved.

I'm already doing a long challenge, but may try this at some point in the future.

Yes mate, am in my 2nd season. I've managed to get Crystal Palace into the Premiership and a Sheffield United got promoted alongside me. Hull, Stoke and Fulham were relegated so thats good news. Bad news is that QPR missed out on promotion as in the Play-off final, as did Leeds United and Southampton got relegated to League One. I'm currently trying to race Crystal Palace to 40 pts so I can leave and take over my next team, I've highlighted the vacant Norwich City and Sheffield Wednesday jobs as possible targets.

I intend on doing tonight when I get home from work. Not only do I not have access to my FM 09 game at work I also don't have access to any image hosting sites. Hopefully I can get it all sorted when I get home from this very boring day at work and a long 12 hour shift. :(

When I finish work and get back to my FM 09 game I may just start this. It looks a difficult challenge, with the need to manage some teams to relegation (that'll be a strange feeling) while trying to ensure some teams are promoted (that may be a little easier). Anyway, I might not get any screenies up tonight, but i'll tell you if I start tonight, if not, it will most likely be tomorrow!

P.S. Finally, 100 Posts *has a little party*

When I finish work and get back to my FM 09 game I may just start this. It looks a difficult challenge, with the need to manage some teams to relegation (that'll be a strange feeling) while trying to ensure some teams are promoted (that may be a little easier). Anyway, I might not get any screenies up tonight, but i'll tell you if I start tonight, if not, it will most likely be tomorrow!

P.S. Finally, 100 Posts *has a little party*

Nice one mate, let us know how you get on and what team you start with?

P.S. Finally, 200 Posts *also has a little party* :D

This is a really interesting idea, nice one. Sounds very tough mind you - guessing it could take loads of seasons to get there and you would then probably have the frustation of seeing teams going down that you need to stay up!

Good luck to anyone trying it. If you ever do manage it I'd challenge you to take a look at the league table from say 50 years ago and see if you can replicate that....

Good to hear fattyg, again let us know how you get on.

For anybody who is attempting the challange or contemplating it, here is the 10 teams you need to 'get rid of' from the Premier League:

Bolton Wanderers

Fulham

Hull City

Newcastle United

Portsmouth

Stoke City

Sunderland

West Bromich Albion

West Ham United

My stratergy so far is to get a number of clubs promotion to the EPL and leave them in a decent state, so even if they do get relegated when I leave they should be in a good enough state to bounce straight back. Hopefully once my reputation is very good (I'm aiming for a continental rep) then I can turn into an evil manager and get jobs at the clubs mentioned above if their still in the EPL and ruin them from the inside, then resign before I'm credited with the relegation and my rep going down. As mentioned above I'm doing okay with Crystal Palace, I want to ensure they have another season in the EPL so that it would give me more time to see what other jobs are around and what teams I can look at destroying (I'm actually looking forward to this bit:D).

This is a really interesting idea, nice one. Sounds very tough mind you - guessing it could take loads of seasons to get there and you would then probably have the frustation of seeing teams going down that you need to stay up!

Good luck to anyone trying it. If you ever do manage it I'd challenge you to take a look at the league table from say 50 years ago and see if you can replicate that....

The fastest it could possibly be done (with amazing slices of luck) is 4 full seasons. To be honest though I'm anticipating it to take at the very least 10 seasons. I do think once you get into a position of building 10 teams good enough to be in the EPL then it is just a matter of making sure that you can ruin all your opponents. Tactical transfers (buying and selling), maybe even throwing games to your opponents, it could get very dirty and murky. I've already 'threw' one game. In my 1st season I lost to QPR (with Palace) with around half a dozen games to go to help them achieve a play-off place, unfortunatly for me they lost in the final, otherwise I would have had a perfect start of 3 (former EPL teams) promoted.

I'm guessing that Wigan should be added to that list as well. Unfortunately, I've been unable to start my game tonight, so i'll start off on my adventure into the (relatively) unknown sometime tomorrow, before, after but not during the Manchester Derby.

This is an amazing idea. I'd love to do it but just don't think I'd have the patience :( Also once I'd got a team into the EPL I think I'd be too tempted to go further than simply consolidate them in the league. I'd be too attached to that side to resign and move on!

Guest mikeytwigge
Constructive crit.

MK Dons are NOT Wimbledon, and should never be implied.

Other than that, amazing challenge

Without getting into the debate which we could hae for pages technically MK Dons are Wimbledon renamed thats why they got the place in the league and AFC wimbledon are the new club. However obviously this is a very dangerous topic to get into a discusion over with no right or wrong so we should just leave it as people can take MK Dons as wimbledon or AFC wimbledon as wimbledon and not critisise anyone for there views

Without getting into the debate which we could hae for pages technically MK Dons are Wimbledon renamed thats why they got the place in the league and AFC wimbledon are the new club. However obviously this is a very dangerous topic to get into a discusion over with no right or wrong so we should just leave it as people can take MK Dons as wimbledon or AFC wimbledon as wimbledon and not critisise anyone for there views

Without getting into the debate, you..... went and started the debate, and are very very wrong

Archived