FM22: The English Football League thread

warlock

Started a new save with Reading as last one corrupted.

I really wanted to emphasise on youth and favour players who have been developed by the club so got a lot of HGC players in the squad. Playing a cautious possession based style which has resulted in a lot of draws :lol: but here I am in 6th so can't complain. 

I have cancelled the loans in jan of everyone except baba Rahman, and looking to move quite a few players on in the summer.

Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 10.08.18.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 9th place finish in League One, was the highest the club had ever finished in the League pyramid. It gave us a target to improve on.

A couple more free signings were made ready for the new season. Kelly would drop into first team contention, and Mabaya would retrain as a winger/full back.

fm_Bt4bQ7b5Dk.thumb.png.83e14ac2b21cae64678574915bb9593d.png

fm_Bp80asv8s8.thumb.png.b89daabedba7c659e3b84a054fc887bd.png

There was a need for another Striker, as well as wing backs and a sitting midfielder, so, the end of contract and loan markets were there for exploring. 

With the left back and striker option, I chose to renew the loan deals for Ben Chrisene and Charlie McNeill. Both were familiar with the setup I played, and as well as that, they were keen to extend terms. As part of my scouting range includes France and Germany, I've been keeping an eye on those areas for any potential deals.

My minimal budget was going to limit me to free transfers and loans for the foreseeable future

A second striker loan to come in, was that of Dale Taylor, from Nottingham Forest. 

The young Northern Irish striker is really well thought of at The City Ground, and as such, should fit in well alongside McNeill.

wknBOPf.png

Also arriving was Man City defensive midfielder, Mahamadou Susoho. The Spanish midfielder looking to move his development on.

f1yKnrY.png

On a free transfer, Opi Edwards joins from rivals Forest Green. He'll be training as a full back.

6KoDLMN.png

As preparation for the season continues, another signing for the defence comes in, this time, experienced full back, Tendayi Darikwa.

RZXuIix.png

Also coming in, forward Jake Scrimshaw arrives on a free after leaving Bournemouth.

AQ3VIwo.png

Also arriving, from Watford on a free. Striker, JJ McKiernan. The Northern Irish forward on a 1 year deal so he can develop alongside my forwards.

PZPLD9w.png

9 hours ago, robterrace said:

As preparation for the season continues, another signing for the defence comes in, this time, experienced full back, Tendayi Darikwa.

RZXuIix.png

Also coming in, forward Jake Scrimshaw arrives on a free after leaving Bournemouth.

AQ3VIwo.png

Also arriving, from Watford on a free. Striker, JJ McKiernan. The Northern Irish forward on a 1 year deal so he can develop alongside my forwards.

PZPLD9w.png

Some really decent signings, Dale Taylor has nice stats for that league so should bag a few! Opi looks good also,

I just started a new save with Scunthorpe United after watching a video on their demise on Youtube.

I have an updated database with them being in the Vanarama Conference and they also have a transfer ban until 1st January.

It will be an interesting save as my aim is to get them running better financially and also get them into the Prem.

I will update you as I go along.

On 18/07/2022 at 11:15, John Joe O'toole said:

Started a new save with Reading as last one corrupted.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I just started a new save with Scunthorpe United after watching a video on their demise on Youtube.

I have an updated database with them being in the Vanarama Conference and they also have a transfer ban until 1st January.

It will be an interesting save as my aim is to get them running better financially and also get them into the Prem.

I will update you as I go along.

It's that time of year when people get caught between the latest official database and some of the updated ones. Scunthorpe were IIRC my first ever FM save (FM06) and I managed them for a few years. They weren't great but always had good strikers like Sharp, Keogh, Hooper, Beckford. Good luck with The Iron.

22 hours ago, robterrace said:

As preparation for the season continues, another signing for the defence comes in...

Also coming in, forward....

Also arriving...

I get lost in your revolving door transfer policy. In fact, I'd politely suggest you always have the world's biggest '25 man' squads :lol:

I think @warlock must have enjoyed his European tour too much and decided not to come home!

1768564917_BradFord_League1header.png.ba6a3a5eed6e6cdbe9221e1621a6fa5b.png

Bradford City in League 1 - Season 2023/24

After last term's promotion and a decent set of pre-season results, it was time to kick-off the League 1 campaign

The only late transfer business since my last update saw Elliot Watt leave for Forest Green Rovers on 13th August for £250k

His spot in the squad was filled by ex-Birmingham winger Jordan Graham, who joined on a free transfer on 31st August

The departure of central midfielder Watt was really just to replicate the fact he moved on this summer IRL

The arrival of Graham was probably not needed as we still won't use wingers, but if our early form had not been good we wanted the option to do so

As you can see, our form has been solid for a promoted side, and other than the unimportant Pizza Pot Trophy we remain unbeaten away from home

The defence still looks strong, having continued the three at the back policy which saw our performances rise after it was adopted last winter

732987487_BradfordCity_Fixtures3.1.png.f66224acfe017f44406b7dd1d572163d.png

Positionally and financially the club is in a healthy state, which is very nice to see

2022997004_BradFord_3.1.thumb.png.b9c5f44a1a3a768e26a00a67ca5f81f9.png

It's early days still, but so far we have settled well in to League 1

1583204224_Bradfordlegends.jpg.623424f3ebc31d2b32b94cf623debade.jpg

Edited by Jogo Bonito

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I think @warlock must have enjoyed his European tour too much and decided not to come home!

Sadly not the case. Having dodged Covid for more than 2 years I eventually succumbed midway through the holiday - 5 days isolation. Except at that point we were in Italy - 7 days isolation. So I spent fully half the holiday alone* in an armpit of a hotel, thankfully testing negative just in time to go to the airport and fly home at the weekend (otherwise it would have been another automatic 7 days isolation :eek:). The actual infection wasn't too bad, really like a bad cold, but I've been suffering symptoms and after-effects (mostly tired and fuzzy-headed) since we got back. It also meant the only bits of Rome I got to see where out of the window of a medical transport vehicle :mad:.

Actually loaded up FM for the first time on Monday but found I'd kind of lost my way with the Forest save and haven't found any inspiration since. 

So a word to the wise: it's still out there, and while I fully understand the desire to get back out into the world just be aware that it's a gamble and there can be major consequences if you're unlucky. Particularly in Italy.

*Alone was by choice; didn't see any point in MrsW missing out on half the holiday and sharing the misery. We were travelling with friends so she managed to enjoy herself, albeit without my witty repartee and charming companionship :lol:

29 minutes ago, warlock said:

Sadly not the case. Having dodged Covid for more than 2 years I eventually succumbed midway through the holiday - 5 days isolation. Except at that point we were in Italy - 7 days isolation. So I spent fully half the holiday alone* in an armpit of a hotel, thankfully testing negative just in time to go to the airport and fly home at the weekend (otherwise it would have been another automatic 7 days isolation :eek:). The actual infection wasn't too bad, really like a bad cold, but I've been suffering symptoms and after-effects (mostly tired and fuzzy-headed) since we got back. It also meant the only bits of Rome I got to see where out of the window of a medical transport vehicle :mad:.

Actually loaded up FM for the first time on Monday but found I'd kind of lost my way with the Forest save and haven't found any inspiration since. 

So a word to the wise: it's still out there, and while I fully understand the desire to get back out into the world just be aware that it's a gamble and there can be major consequences if you're unlucky. Particularly in Italy.

*Alone was by choice; didn't see any point in MrsW missing out on half the holiday and sharing the misery. We were travelling with friends so she managed to enjoy herself, albeit without my witty repartee and charming companionship :lol:

Ah that's really terrible news. So sorry that such an exciting trip turned out that way :eek:

Hope you are feeling strong, fit and healthy now. But yes, take it easy and it's definitely still out there!

Sounds like Mrs W may be responsible. "Now how do I get a great holiday with just my friends..." she said to herself...;):lol:

Consolation prize, if it takes your fancy, and as long as you don't bring Covid here, but you are welcome to take up an open offer to slum it in Malta. Not Rome, but still...

17 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Consolation prize, if it takes your fancy

Cheers mate, and the offer is much appreciated. But I think international travel is off the agenda for the foreseeable :)

Scunthorpe United Season 1 Review

download.png.9382c929ff17f133668e055112225cab.png

We managed to win the Vanarama Conference championship in my first season in charge. 

image.thumb.png.8cf0a4fc4b4ac90322b938bc7f554388.png

image.thumb.png.9cccf25a24504e4dadfec3dbd13bbcdc.png

image.thumb.png.f4497ae87086db9b2b5b8deccbe0b9b6.png

My Best Overall 11

image.thumb.png.64af4ba11c4eaf237528da040ac9a875.png

Key Players

Andrew Boyce

image.thumb.png.ba96ab46b38c941cfee4edb55a438c04.png

Mason O'Malley

image.thumb.png.a9e98316b638295c5c1323d1e8ada319.png

Sam Burns

image.thumb.png.e026f227a4c5741a23892be73fb45d20.png

Tyreese Sinclair

image.thumb.png.17c19654a0741c3486074fc48ef0f666.png

Accolades

image.thumb.png.78b7c23c74bd406007e797ec813ddc2d.png

Unfortunately Burns and Sinclair don't want to come back for next season so I got to find strikers to replace the 50 goals they provided.

On 20/07/2022 at 16:00, warlock said:

Sadly not the case. Having dodged Covid for more than 2 years I eventually succumbed midway through the holiday - 5 days isolation. Except at that point we were in Italy - 7 days isolation. So I spent fully half the holiday alone* in an armpit of a hotel, thankfully testing negative just in time to go to the airport and fly home at the weekend (otherwise it would have been another automatic 7 days isolation :eek:). The actual infection wasn't too bad, really like a bad cold, but I've been suffering symptoms and after-effects (mostly tired and fuzzy-headed) since we got back. It also meant the only bits of Rome I got to see where out of the window of a medical transport vehicle :mad:.

Oh no! I got it too, not even traveling! I went to like an 8-person birthday party for my partner's best friend, thinking everyone there was trustworthy and would have taken precautions beforehand. I actually had very similar symptoms. Bad cold but some lingering annoyances still.

Scunthorpe United Season 2 Review

download.png.d37249d8c11e0ba808bd8ead24715810.png

We done it again. Back to back promotions.

image.thumb.png.6b0948e9d5f921f8152818088c1472dd.png

An unexpected promotion as I was just hoping to get a mid table finish this season.

No idea how we will get on next season in League One but I am excited to see how we do.

Sam Burns continues to become a Scunthorpe legend with 22 goals for the season and I think he can only get better. I am hoping to sign him on a permanent transfer in the summer.

image.thumb.png.fc186142a47548bb06f909f81e9efd51.png

Here is the rest of the squad. Key players were Mason O'Malley, Shayon Harrison(a £6k signing from Hayes & Yeading), Isaac Vassell(Free transfer from Cardiff) and George Taft.

22 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Oh no! I got it too

Sympathies! Seems like the new variant of the bug - highly infectious but not too severe (unless you have underlying health conditions. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Scunthorpe United Season 3 Review

download.png.b6959a1b26487a60788b4d13a6b657a9.png

A nice mid table position is what I was happy to get in my first season in League One with Scunthorpe and that is what I got with us finishing 11th.

We never found consistency. I felt like we were never going to make the play offs but on the flip side of that I felt like I wasn't going to get relegated either even when we went on a bad run.

image.thumb.png.bcfcab7dfb777172c8c1b69468bb93a6.png

Best Players

image.thumb.png.33517645e424bfed58533ebf074082b8.png

Sam Burns continues to get better and better with 17 goals for the season and he is definitely stepping up now. 

One of my youth prospects Shaun Watson is going to make the club some decent money if he ever leaves. He is only 17 years old and has played 20 games for us this season with 2 goals and 4 assists.

He looks like a very good prospect.

image.thumb.png.ab230aa6e27ea612e451fe3094f8ee10.png

Best Overall 11

image.thumb.png.0161a19c3a6b1d0df912c6d773569314.png

Player Awards

image.thumb.png.a7ff3508d2d82776d3dd1cd917921fce.png

I don't know what the aim is for next season but I would like to get higher then 11th next season. Maybe sneak into the Play Offs hopefully.

Had a week off the save, been pretty unwell and am slowly getting over it.

I know @Jogo Bonito loves my policy really. Its not been as radical as other saves I've done, and a lot of it is just trying to stay within financial constraints, whilst improving the team (which is why I'm pushing the loans as hard as I can).

Since I've taken over, we've raised £250k in incoming fees, whilst spending £27.5k, making a healthy budgetary margin, allowing us to push our expenditure slightly further.

Once again, we're looking for mid table mediocrity, maybe even have a shot at the Play Offs. A cup run would be nice, especially making it to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup away at one of the bigger grounds, so we can have a decent share of receipts.

Another departure, for financial purposes, was second choice right back, Sean Long. He was happy being a backup at the club, however, an offer of £100k from Derby for him, as he entered the last year of his contract was a big win for us.

Next up, club captain Will Boyle was the subject of an offer from Dundee. He said that he wanted to leave, as Dundee were playing in the SPL. A fee reaching £160k was agreed, and off he went, adding more money to the coffers. 

The SPL side also came in for wing back, Ben Williams. The 24 year old departing for just over £100k. 

With Darikwa able to play on both sides, we were slightly short at full back, however, theres a list of things that will be getting looked at, and if a signing isn't able to be made by the end of the window, we'll be OK.

2027/28 - Willand Rovers - Conference South

willand.png.1f4e5318672d361391d8ed3fe21fb9a7.png

Season:

Another solid season. This time around we started well, quickly establishing a handy gap to the bottom few teams. Then Cray, who were already bottom, went into administration and were docked 10 points, meaning we were effectively safe from relegation before Christmas. Some good results in February and March had us with a very outside chance of stealing the last playoff position, however we then took only one point from the final six matches to drop us to 13th. Even if Cray hadn't had points deducted, we still would have finished 11 points clear of them so overall it was a pleasing season.

Excluding Corinthian-Casuals for obvious reasons, our wage budget is nearly 50% less than the next lowest, which puts into perspective how impressive our staying power in this division is. This was also our first season in our new stadium and our average attendance nearly doubled from when we were ground-sharing with Taunton, with an average of 517 spectators each home match. It's not much, but every dollar counts.

Pleasingly, I was also able to integrate a number of academy products into the first team picture, with five players combining for 31 starts and 78 sub appearances. None are world beaters, but given we are scrapping just to fill out a squad each season, it's a big bonus. Our u18s also won their league handily.

table2728.thumb.JPG.563f4154b244aad29065f23db41a523e.JPG

We were pretty much where we deserved to finish, ranking in the mid-teens for goals scored, goals conceded, expected goals scored and expected goals conceded.

Players:

Aside from the ever-reliable Stanford, no one really stood out.

players2728.thumb.JPG.7511bf55c1cb6ae7c1e9efdb80bfa191.JPG

Sean Stanford - Club player of the season for the third year running, and again nominated for the league's player of the season award. Probably the best player I've managed on this save and continues to be a rock at the back.

Greg Hughes - A second season on loan from Torquay. Didn't quite match last season's goals total but still provided a reliable presence.

Kyle De Silva - At 34 he is now winding down but was our most consistent performer along the attacking midfield line. Hopefully he goes around again.

Ashley Woolston - The summer signing from Larkhall had a great debut campaign in central midfield and looks to be a future captain.

Next season:

Unfortunately, our youth intake did not produce that hidden gem, so we remain without any real prospect of making money unless we can manufacture an unlikely FA Cup run. Our wage budget remains the same too, meaning it will most likely be another season of just trying to keep our place in the division. There are just too many "big" clubs (Dover, Dulwich, Dorking, Havant, Eastleigh, Weymouth) to have any real chance at mounting even a playoff bid.

Thankfully, I have all of my key players signed up for next season so can focus on loans and potential signings nice and early.  

On 24/07/2022 at 18:45, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I don't know what the aim is for next season but I would like to get higher then 11th next season. Maybe sneak into the Play Offs hopefully.

11th after a double promotion is really good!

I think I finally have my next save... Gateshead in the VNN. In reality, the Heed overcame the odds last season to win promotion to the National League, but in this alternative universe that hasn't happened yet and I'm taking over at the beginning of the 21/22 season. Can I emulate the achievement of player/manager Mike Williamson (now denied his moment of greatness. Oops!) I do have some personal connections with the club. For one year in the early 1970s I lived just a few miles from Gateshead and, in 1974, British Olympian Brendan Foster set a world record in the 3,000m at Gateshead's International Stadium - two years earlier, Foster was my O-level Chemistry teacher. The International Stadium is home to Gateshead FC, although reputedly much better as an athletics venue than for football, with the pitch surrounded by the athletics track and fans sitting about a half-marathon from the touchlines:

Gateshead 0 Dagenham 0 - Dagnificent!

On a positive note, capacity is 11,000 all seated and as long as the fans are happy to watch their football through binoculars there's a good opportunity for healthy gate receipts. There are also long-delayed plans to move to a new, purpose-built football stadium and one of the goals for the save will be to accelerate that move.

And so to business...

We start the save with a barebones squad and very little money to remedy that. Although we already enjoy professional status, we have no u23 squad and little of note in the u18s, which has just a handful of non-grey players. There are some decent prospects but they're a long way from first-team ready. Facilities are, at best, adequate with 'fairly basic' youth recruitment and 'average' academy coaching.

The senior squad features just 17 players, with one on-loan GK, one on-loan LB, and a bunch of multi-purpose defenders and forwards. We can put together a pretty good First Eleven, but there's not much backup for cover and rotation. Worse still, moving all of my transfer budget into wages gives us just £700 a week to bring in at least 3 or 4 players. We do have an affiliate relationship with Sunderland, so free loans are a possibility but not a total solution... one of my first loan targets, a young Sunderland GK, had the deal agreed by his club but the player himself declined the loan.

Since Mr Williamson managed to haul this limited collective to promotion, my mantra for the season will be "What did Mike do?" The answer is, loan when you can, play the youngsters when you can't.

The board want a playoff finish and the pre-season predications agree with that. Let's see what happens...

Watson Leaving Scunthorpe

image.thumb.png.e5ba0331277b65fbb137f5473b4eaa2d.png

I will be sad to see such a great prospect goes but he wasn't happy and this is a great deal for a club who has a history of selling a decent-good prospect every couple of seasons.

Also the 40% profit on the next deal will be a good little earner if he progresses.

I have started another new Reading save as I saw I could get the updated transfers via the pr0 download. 

Really enjoying it but its a complete contrast from playing with the winter update, my midfield is so depleted! No more Swift, Laurent or Rinomohta! I have had to move some youth players up just to bulk the squad out and will be handy for them to be mentored and develop them further. The attack is inundated with options such as Joao, Meite, Puscas, Azeez, Hoilett and bloody Shane Long!

One thing I really like about the new update is the new rules for subs, you can make 5 in a game which is so handy for getting players gametime and can also name 9 subs.

Playing a cautious 3-5-2 as really need to be defensively solid just to stay in this division, the squad is a bit unbalanced. There's not really an experienced left back.

First match got a point away to Huddersfield which is good seeing as Sam Hutchinson decided to get sent off:mad:

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 18.35.42.png

On 25/07/2022 at 00:45, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Scunthorpe United Season 3 Review

download.png.b6959a1b26487a60788b4d13a6b657a9.png

A nice mid table position is what I was happy to get in my first season in League One with Scunthorpe and that is what I got with us finishing 11th.

We never found consistency. I felt like we were never going to make the play offs but on the flip side of that I felt like I wasn't going to get relegated either even when we went on a bad run.

image.thumb.png.bcfcab7dfb777172c8c1b69468bb93a6.png

Best Players

image.thumb.png.33517645e424bfed58533ebf074082b8.png

Sam Burns continues to get better and better with 17 goals for the season and he is definitely stepping up now. 

One of my youth prospects Shaun Watson is going to make the club some decent money if he ever leaves. He is only 17 years old and has played 20 games for us this season with 2 goals and 4 assists.

He looks like a very good prospect.

image.thumb.png.ab230aa6e27ea612e451fe3094f8ee10.png

Best Overall 11

image.thumb.png.0161a19c3a6b1d0df912c6d773569314.png

Player Awards

image.thumb.png.a7ff3508d2d82776d3dd1cd917921fce.png

Sam Burns turning it on! Promotion next season?

Gateshead, September 2021

Our season at the International Stadium is underway. Down in the VNN the transfer window is open until March so it's not a significant milestone for us. But we have completed our first month of competitive football and it's therefore a good point to take stock.

In terms of transfers there were no outgoings, apart from a couple of loans for youngsters. Happily, both of them attracted both a fee and a major wage contribution that allowed me enough financial headroom to plug the gaps in the first-team squad. First order of business was to solve our lack of a backup goalkeeper and we found our man on a completely free loan from Fleetwood. Tom Donaghy is an 18-year-old with good attributes in the right places, and he and his club were happy for him to fill the secondary role between the sticks.

Next up, the LB position. Our only LB was another loanee, 20-year-old Matty Jacob from Hull. Having managed him in Hull saves in FM21 and FM22 I was initially happy to see him here, but he isn't training well, isn't doing much on the pitch, and generally left me nervous about having him as our first choice for the position. So I was delighted when affiliate club Sunderland agreed to loan us 19-year-old Nathan Newall for no wage contribution. A new signing at the Stadium of Light, he's valued at up to £160k and is immediately one of our best players:

image.png.10ca144bfe588d0f561207f1f5017aa1.png

In Adam Armstrong and Macauley Longstaff we have two excellent AMs - but they were the only suitable players at AML/AMR so cover/rotation options were urgently required. First in was Andronicos Georgiou, recently of Wycombe Wanderers.  At first sight I was worried about his lack of technical attributes but after a period on trial he convinced my coaches he was the real deal. And they were right - he scored on his debut and in 3 starts has 2 goals, 1 assist and 2 PoM awards:

image.png.fb211547a7e360e5dacf8c821301c048.png

Joining him up front, I found youngster Andrew Ijiwole, recently released by Huddersfield. Another whose low attributes worried me, he also exploded into the first team, scoring on his debut. Importantly, he was happy to accept a "future prospect" status and a wage of just £110 a week:

image.png.790229518c0d52a307684f41cef31273.png

After a brief pre-season schedule that allowed everyone to settle in, we were ready to get our season underway. It's fair to say, we started in impressive fashion:

image.png.a2b67a276080eb2558ed6c65c8759abd.png

Four games played, four wins - can't do better than that. A good squad assembled (albeit a little heavy on loans) and still under our wage budget, too. I couldn't be happier :cool:

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Unfortunately Watson rejected the move.

Going back to your comment about a sale of a prospect every couple of seasons, thats how Scunthorpe operated under Wharton (the owner before Swann), basically, aim for the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and sell a prospect every couple of seasons. They did that with Keogh, Sharp, Hooper, Martin Paterson, as well as a few other lesser known players. That kept them in the Championship/League One fight in that time.

9 hours ago, robterrace said:

Going back to your comment about a sale of a prospect every couple of seasons, thats how Scunthorpe operated under Wharton (the owner before Swann), basically, aim for the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and sell a prospect every couple of seasons. They did that with Keogh, Sharp, Hooper, Martin Paterson, as well as a few other lesser known players. That kept them in the Championship/League One fight in that time.

Yeah that is what I aim to do. Once I get us promoted to the Prem I am quitting. I hope I never get promoted to the Prem lol.

I have managed to get to the FA Cup Quarter Final this season but lost to Liverpool 5-3.

I watched a video on Youtube and the history of Scunthorpe and it inspired me to do this save.

Scunthorpe Utd Season 4 Review

download.png.831db8d338bb81100413a509488140a8.png

We had a lot better season this season with us reaching the Play Offs and also getting to the FA Cup Quarter Finals.

But the question is did we win the Play Offs.......

image.thumb.png.9f80575a31e1dfcbeb5b009fd9bbe8f3.png

Of course we bloody did.

image.thumb.png.23c4d0e8ba1b3c87fe4c0c9fabf34e09.png

image.thumb.png.f3d466cb3125c7ddcf17950c5a7f88bd.png

We finished in 4th place and then we managed to beat Rochdale 6-4 on aggregate. 

Key Players

Sam Burns - 22 Year Old English Striker

image.thumb.png.85935f666df281f23f9b3d230c6e2f44.png

32 goals for the season. His best return so far. I am happy he is making the step up with me and hopefully he will do well for us in the Championship.

Luke Dreher - 26 Year Old English Central Midfielder

image.thumb.png.78c5dd0c60d933956244a89645569f2b.png

King Of Assists Luke Dreher has had an outstanding season providing the firepower needed to help Burns score all of them goals. 24 assists and 9 goals. 

Overall Best 11

image.thumb.png.bdc6b5e6241961a9f04366724b5c4d0c.png

My aim next season is to just stay in the Championship and try get a healthier balance with a few player sales.

1 hour ago, robterrace said:

Thats a bonus. At least you get a fair amount in the bank now, even if you're not going to spend a great deal.

How do their ambitions look though?

So club expectations are to just stay in the Championship.

image.thumb.png.ea6fcac6b2023e926bba1b985b12257d.png

Annoyingly though they are resisting my attempts to improve training and youth facilities and want me to sign ready made players which is fine as it is not a complete youth only save but I want to try play as many youth prospects as possible.

I have finished the season! How did the final season of the save end up?

f95208764c.png

Another League win! With even fewer points than last season! Yet again, doesn't matter: won the League.

c6774cc106.png

Won the FA Cup as well! Kings of London after the semi and final, I'd say.

1d33a99213.png

We also won the League Cup! This was a very good domestic season! How was the CL?

image.png.653a7fd6d635844d35fbd0d2c7210976.pngimage.png.3585f0a6d624b61887c899618b86e16f.png

Snuck by in the first knockout round! Almost gave it away in the second leg after a huge lead.

image.png.66864da62164480ef1ebcb6972e7d97b.pngimage.png.8ee02afbbe5358bf86d89a6e5b429ece.png

A comfortable win over another Italian side in the quarters.

image.png.9846ad7a71f73b3a02a877cbeb07212d.png

Glad we got the semifinal leg 1 win! Pretty even match that we were lucky to get a goal in, hopefully it's enough for the second leg.

image.png.49ffa31b8eba33c6d8dd3770ef784add.png

It was not, thanks to Mbappe. We got another late goal to take it to extra time(wish away goals were still a thing though!), but we just weren't able to hold on. We were pretty dominated in this match, so Bayern deserved it.

-----

Alas, the save ends with no Champions League victory, but I still call it a huge success. I just lost motivation this season to keep grinding Europe.

-----

209646ea28.png

The squad's performances this season. You can easily see the stars compared to the squad players

Scunthorpe Utd Season 5 Review

download.png.edfc23ea9640e60937a81a3a7f95d4c7.png

A nice, comfortable season for me with us finishing 17th in the league with no real danger of getting relegated and not being unrealistic as 17th is the fairest position for us to be in. I would of been bored if we ended up getting promoted to the Prem straight away.

image.thumb.png.2385e87201f354ff1777718eb30cefa7.png

Best Overall 11

image.thumb.png.4fb380ec7a76f148656e912cad8461d3.png

Best players for the season were Sam Burns who was top scorer with 19 goals and 4 assists. He definitely is capable to getting better and better and would make a good Prem striker.

image.thumb.png.119ae6abbe79a337a739c2f531211d9c.png

Owen Hesketh who was a player I picked up from Billericay on a free and has cemented a first team place with 6 goals and 10 assists. 

image.thumb.png.1c9fe634d0a296acf533e86bbc6d2922.png

Finally an honourable mention to Luke Matheson who initially was at the club for 2 seasons on loan from Wolves and then signed him on a free transfer and has since been ever present at the club for the last 3 seasons. He also got the best average rating of 7.07.

image.thumb.png.750e59767b7a2a36d2427a2c70ddc5e9.png

I have managed to get the board to upgrade the facilities. I did have the board initially accept my request to expand the stadium but unfortunately the local council of Scunthorpe were meanies and blocked it.

image.thumb.png.ece7d0d5ab036436fe35ca573a59ad3e.png

image.thumb.png.e5cde43f533412b82dc708982f96e1c8.png

The future is getting brighter for Scunthorpe.

Finally Shaun Watson who went to West Ham for £4.2m has only played 1 game for the Hammers so far and 5 sub appearances.

image.thumb.png.0c27c72978107ae63d62304db5ff6c00.png

Another Good Sale For Scunthorpe

image.thumb.png.0aa060432db53740c4e0c64cf6924d80.png

image.thumb.png.e9e4e51d9da44d10da376bb1b40516d5.png

image.thumb.png.97dc1f666d99be211e39bd93d1edbf99.png

The youth academy is starting to pay off with another sale with Darren Ellison who played 31 games for me was sold for £4.2m to Burnley after his minimum fee release clause was met. 

He wasn't as big of a loss as Watson and I was happy to have the money.

We now have a healthy balance of £8.3m in the bank image.thumb.png.302185788af7479458ee816fe22efb8a.png

The projection is still not good enough and I need to consistently sell players for profit.

image.thumb.png.4accabfc04e4db8da5c0c99a979b95e1.png

Another 2 Prospects Out The Door

Sorry for the multiple posts but after posting this but I had 2 other prospects leaving with Paul Rigsby who didn't play much for me but has good potential to do well.

£3.3m plus 40% Profit on the next transfer.

image.thumb.png.8b8636e220de013c810a4c269f5dfdfb.png

image.thumb.png.d501656e7af93263629fe19cd682eafb.png

image.thumb.png.17b811667217a3794934db5edec2f4a3.png

I then got an offer of £5m for Connor Redhead who had his minimum release clause activated of £5m.

Annoyingly I would of liked all of these prospects to have clauses involved but it is still a good couple of deals for the long term future of the club.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Great progress with Scunthorpe and amazing success with Bolton guys.

To the recovering ill, I hope you are all feeling better. Good luck at Gateshead @warlock, a nice drop in standard there but I'm sure you'll work wonders.

Echo the comments about the Willand effort, your commitment never wanes in any version of FM and you deserve total respect for that.

I've not had a chance to play any more games at Bradford due to work commitments & real life getting in the way. But with the new EFL season upon us, hopefully I can use that excitement to push me onwards. 

3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck at Gateshead

Cheers, mate :thup: It's good to be back with a new save. Can't believe the new season is upon us already :kriss:

And it seems to me that you're working too hard. Might want to give some thought to that :D

6 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great progress with Scunthorpe and amazing success with Bolton guys.

To the recovering ill, I hope you are all feeling better

Thanks! I was really happy with the save, and glad I still had some real players by the end. I love the regen era, but it does start to feel like a totally foreign game at that point. Also feeling better at this point. Maybe not 100%, but about 98%.