*Official* Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition & Touch Feedback Thread

On 11/11/2021 at 15:04, 17Gonzo said:

As a former FM Touch player who played on PC, for 752 hours according to Steam, I can honestly say that the FM22 Xbox version runs almost identically to FM21 Touch PC version.

The only difference is that I can't get the store to work (this is likely related to my xbox games pass account and windows store account being linked to different email addresses), but that doesn't really bother me as I never paid for anything in the store previously and wasn't massively into the unlockables.

It is possible to get club badges for the PC version of FM22 Xbox, which was a big concern of mine before hand but was easy to sort out.

I'm fortunate in that my mine save in FM21 Touch was only 23 years in total and I'll be very surprised if I reach the 30 year deadline in this Xbox version given I manage every match. I also don't tend to load more than 10 leagues either, with my usual set up being England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Holland, Belgium.

As a result this version perfectly meets my needs for this year. I just hope that SI keep offering this streamlined version for PC in some form, as I just can't get into the full fat version that just plods along at a snails pace.

I know you said you weren't massively into unlockables, but do you know if those same unlockables from previous fm touch games are on the xbox edition for pc? I'm asking specifically because I always loved using the design your own son unlockable, so I can customize my son's strengths and weaknesses, play style, position, etc. and follow his career.

6 hours ago, Seamusmac720 said:

If I plan on playing FM 22 Xbox edition on PC it appears I need to have the Xbox Game Pass. I don't have an Xbox, I'm just looking to play a Touch version of Football Manager 22 on PC. Could I get the Xbox Game Pass for 1 month using the $1 introductory subscription offer, and then get rid of it and still be able to play FM 22 Xbox edition on my PC offline afterwards, or will that not work?

Edit: I guess my question is whether I can play the Xbox edition without having to do anything revolving around Xbox to get it to play on PC. Like, can I just purchase that version of the game and play it on PC without needing an Xbox Game Pass subscription or Xbox console or anything like that?

I will check the son DLC, there are certainly some of the others like dodgy lasagna.

You don’t need an Xbox to play on pc. I have an Xbox but I don’t have a game pass subscription. I just purchased the game from the MS store and that allows me to play on pc and Xbox.

You're aware of the 30 season limit?

There is also a overall 1GB save game restriction. Saved gamed are stored in the MS cloud (although I have found a way of backing up the saved game because it caches a local copy when the saved game is loaded)

1 hour ago, Laurentiu said:

Hey, quick question. I am from Romania, do you have any idea how can i buy FM for Xbox? I’ve searched it here in Romania and i couldn’t find it enywhere. 
Thank you. 

You'd need to purchase it from the Microsoft Store.

image.thumb.png.bbf18aaf6eabd0add00f27b8436cbe6e.png

Edited by RICO

6 hours ago, Seamusmac720 said:

I know you said you weren't massively into unlockables, but do you know if those same unlockables from previous fm touch games are on the xbox edition for pc? I'm asking specifically because I always loved using the design your own son unlockable, so I can customize my son's strengths and weaknesses, play style, position, etc. and follow his career.

Screenshot from the Xbox version running on pc

image.thumb.png.989a08f423ea8a90ebdfa23bbdffb6d5.png

11 hours ago, RICO said:

I will check the son DLC, there are certainly some of the others like dodgy lasagna.

You don’t need an Xbox to play on pc. I have an Xbox but I don’t have a game pass subscription. I just purchased the game from the MS store and that allows me to play on pc and Xbox.

You're aware of the 30 season limit?

There is also a overall 1GB save game restriction. Saved gamed are stored in the MS cloud (although I have found a way of backing up the saved game because it caches a local copy when the saved game is loaded)

I just heard about the 30 season limit last night when researching the game. Do you know if that is with all versions outside of the regular? Like, Touch, mobile and Xbox? And is that limit with the original as well?

25 minutes ago, Seamusmac720 said:

I just heard about the 30 season limit last night when researching the game. Do you know if that is with all versions outside of the regular? Like, Touch, mobile and Xbox? And is that limit with the original as well?

Touch, mobile and Xbox editions I think.

Full version is unlimited.

FMT21 was 30 season limited on tablets but unlimited on pc.

4 minutes ago, RICO said:

Touch, mobile and Xbox editions I think.

Full version is unlimited.

FMT21 was 30 season limited on tablets but unlimited on pc.

Okay, thanks on the info. I'm a little closer to making my decision now. I definitely don't want a version that is limited to 30 seasons, and I want a version that has the design your own son option, so it seems last years FMT21 would be the best one for me. Unless there is a way to not only get your own son, but to design him (choose his position, height, weight, skills, potential, attributes, personality, etc.) in FM22, that would probably be my choice. Part of me still wants to get this year's version of the game though. I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but is there a way to get FM22 and FMT21 without having to buy FM21? I know when I bought FM18 it came with FMT18. I want to play a Touch version that is not limited to 30 seasons, but also play this year's version of FM. Is there any work around to this or something I don't know about FM22 (non-Touch) in how to design a son like you could in Touch versions of the game?

32 minutes ago, Seamusmac720 said:

Okay, thanks on the info. I'm a little closer to making my decision now. I definitely don't want a version that is limited to 30 seasons, and I want a version that has the design your own son option, so it seems last years FMT21 would be the best one for me. Unless there is a way to not only get your own son, but to design him (choose his position, height, weight, skills, potential, attributes, personality, etc.) in FM22, that would probably be my choice. Part of me still wants to get this year's version of the game though. I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but is there a way to get FM22 and FMT21 without having to buy FM21? I know when I bought FM18 it came with FMT18. I want to play a Touch version that is not limited to 30 seasons, but also play this year's version of FM. Is there any work around to this or something I don't know about FM22 (non-Touch) in how to design a son like you could in Touch versions of the game?

In the full game you cant design your own son. You can only do that in Touch versions. You can buy Touch version separatly from Steam. Just tipe in Football Manager Touch 2021, its 30 Euros.

7 hours ago, edgar555 said:

Just started on the Xbox (One) version, and it appears that there are no team talks? Is this true? Am I missing something? Is this the same on full fat PC version?

It's based on FM Touch, not the full fat version.

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

It's based on FM Touch, not the full fat version.

Thanks @HUNT3R Is there a list somewhere that shows me what's in/not in this version vs the full fat version? I'm not sad about not doing team talks and press conferences but not sure if there are other things that might bother me down the line.

36 minutes ago, edgar555 said:

Thanks @HUNT3R Is there a list somewhere that shows me what's in/not in this version vs the full fat version? I'm not sad about not doing team talks and press conferences but not sure if there are other things that might bother me down the line.

Not that I know of. IIRC, training (and the relevant staff) is a little more streamlined (but could be wrong about this), there's no tactical familiarity, no team talks, limited press interaction. There may be an older thread around here that goes into more detail.

20 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Not that I know of. IIRC, training (and the relevant staff) is a little more streamlined (but could be wrong about this), there's no tactical familiarity, no team talks, limited press interaction. There may be an older thread around here that goes into more detail.

Thanks again, for years I've been playing full fat and farming out more and more responsibilities, like training/scouting etc so I don't think I'm losing out at all with this version. In fact it's back to being more of a game than a second job. I'll probably end up playing even more!

Hi,

I am playing FM 22 Touch on my NIntendo Switch Lite and I must confess that the gaming experience is not pleasant because the font/text size is too small, which makes it difficult to read and analyse the content, especially when there is a lot of text on the screen. Certain icons are also too small, which leads to wrong selections.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to know in advance that gaming on the Switch Lite's screen looks so bad... So bad that I sometimes find myself preferring to play the mobile version of FM 22 on my Iphone 13 Pro (which is much more limited game) than the Touch version of FM 22 on the Switch Lite.

I hope youcan somehow optimize the game to the Lite screen in upcoming patches/updates...

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi. 

playing on XBOX, the edition on gamepass. 

There is a feature where (using controller as mouse) if you add or remove a player to the match day squad from the squad screen: their row is automatically highlighted and your screen flips to them. 

Eg. If I don’t want to change my match day squad with the exception of swapping out my FBs, if I remove one: the screen jumps to their new position outside the match day squad. So I have to scroll back up to remove the other FB. 

Or if I add one fullback, the screen jumps to their row highlighted. And I have to scroll back down to where I was and add the other FB. 

This means you constantly have to scroll back to where you were every time you add or remove a player from the match day squad, rather than the screen staying stationary as has been customary in every other FM I’ve played on any system going back to when it was still Champ. 

Again: this is in the squad screen. 

Maybe some people like it, but if you could add a feature to toggle that off, it would be very welcome. 

As would just greater customisation for the controls in general tbh. 

Thanks. 

Ok. Sorry. I have another one. 

playing on Xbox, on the version on gamepass (console). 

when using controller as mouse on the set pieces screens (the screens where you tell players where to stand at set pieces) you need to click on a player to bring them up on the right of the screen so you can edit where they go at set pieces like corners (attack near post or whatever). 

When you click on the box to take control of what they do: the screen flips to either the taker (for attacking set pieces) or the gk (for defensive set pieces).

So, for every player, you click on them on the field (the left side of the screen) to bring them up, then click on the box to enable you to edit their action, then click on them again to bring them back to be edited because it’s now the gk, then you can edit their action. 

If that makes sense? I guess, just try to edit set piece routines on XBOX and you will spot it pretty quick. 

thsnks. 

I'm not sure if this is just me but I'm almost certain that the patch has affected the speed of the match progression. I'm playing fm touch on the switch and feels like the in game/match runs slower when the match is 'in between match commentary' mode. 

When an event in match triggers the match commentary the game will run faster. 

I've checked the settings and the match commentary and in between match commentary sliders are set to very fast.

@Desmond Richardson FYI 

I'd like to thank you all again for your excellent feedback in regards to the games UI. Myself and the team greatly appreciate it.

@yakoob86 is this still frequently occurring during your save or was this an isolated incident? 

@DeepLyingForward thanks for this - was going to suggest using the sliders but you already are. :thup: It's not something that has been reported as of yet. Please let me know how you get on next time you play and if it's the same, I'll flag it with the team. 

@Desmond Richardson Hello, yes already using the sliders. I've been doing some playing around with the game during a match to see if I can speed the progression of the game. What I have found is that if i hide/minimize the bottom bar (showing the players/subs, change of mentality etc) then the speed is increased. 

Testing between showing/hiding the bar does affect the speed. It's a strange thing to report but i've defo noticed a difference in the speed since the patch...OR....since I upgraded my switch to a Switch OLED. The patch and moving on to the OLED version of the switch happened at the same time. I've noticed the slow down in speed in both docked and handheld mode. 

Please let me know if you need any further details. 

33 minutes ago, DeepLyingForward said:

@Desmond Richardson Hello, yes already using the sliders. I've been doing some playing around with the game during a match to see if I can speed the progression of the game. What I have found is that if i hide/minimize the bottom bar (showing the players/subs, change of mentality etc) then the speed is increased. 

Testing between showing/hiding the bar does affect the speed. It's a strange thing to report but i've defo noticed a difference in the speed since the patch...OR....since I upgraded my switch to a Switch OLED. The patch and moving on to the OLED version of the switch happened at the same time. I've noticed the slow down in speed in both docked and handheld mode. 

Please let me know if you need any further details. 

Thank you very much for the info. I'll pass this onto the team. 

53 minutes ago, Dibil said:

Why exactly is there a 30 season limit? I got about 20 seasons into FM 21 and still had over 900 MB of space left, so it doesn't seem there'd be a storage issue. 

It's a memory issue. If the game continues for too long it will run out of memory. This is why we also have a limit on the number of loadable leagues too.

An issue I am finding is that I can no longer see the Reserve fixtures on the schedule. Last year when you selected 'List' there was an option to view all the fixtures. This year when you select 'List' you are just presented with an empty calendar that shows no fixtures on it. I used to use this to plan on putting my squad members who were not getting match time in the reserve squad so as to keep them match sharp 

26 minutes ago, Darryl6464 said:

An issue I am finding is that I can no longer see the Reserve fixtures on the schedule. Last year when you selected 'List' there was an option to view all the fixtures. This year when you select 'List' you are just presented with an empty calendar that shows no fixtures on it. I used to use this to plan on putting my squad members who were not getting match time in the reserve squad so as to keep them match sharp 

Can you send over a screenshot? My save is displaying correctly. 

Hi Desmond, I have attached for you. Have had another look. The only option is to select 'List' at the top. This then brings up the calendar but on further inspection you have to manually go into the date and press on the drop down for the fixture on that day to appear. 20211214_194605.thumb.jpg.605d58693bb047a8abe61478fd905a56.jpg20211214_194752.thumb.jpg.baa6fda8320176911a4972c12cba604c.jpg

18 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

I gave in and brought a switch oled, I say I Santa is bringing it 😂, missing FM touch as a portable game, I just can’t seem to get into the Xbox cloud version. 

Any fears of burn in on the screen though? I’m in two minds, I only really play hand-held…

On 14/12/2021 at 22:57, Darryl6464 said:

Hi Desmond, I have attached for you. Have had another look. The only option is to select 'List' at the top. This then brings up the calendar but on further inspection you have to manually go into the date and press on the drop down for the fixture on that day to appear. 

Thanks @Darryl6464 for sharing this. It's now been flagged as a bug and is with the dev team. Really appreciate your help with this.

6 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

No idea yet haha, Gotta wait till old Saint Nick delivers it under the tree. 😂

I’ve just seen a YouTube video from a guy that’s run a static image on the OLED for 1800 hours without any noticeable burn-in so should be ok I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else run into an issue with the newgen created by the ''design son'' unlockable losing his hair? I've tried about 20 sons and every single one has been affected. No matter what hairstyle the boy spawns with, his head is shaved the next time I load up the game. Is there a way to stop this happening? It's pretty annoying to see a son with a distinct look turn into a generic buzzcut guy.

On the subject of hair: Can newgens still grow facial hair as they get older? I noticed this happening in FM 21 and thought it was a pretty cool detail, but six seasons into this game I haven't seen one example of it. 

This Xbox Edition is pure pain to someone who loved FM Touch. After playing around with full fat version, responsabilities and such it's still not the same and it never will, mainly on speed processing.

I tried the Xbox Edition on xCloud (with iPad and Android) and PC both. Not being able to play this natively on my Mac is a real shame as xCloud is simply not reliable nor I can use my mouse and keyboard to play it there. On the iPad is just impossible to play with touch controls, you either play with a controller or don't play it at all. So this deal with Microsoft is just a big deal breaker for someone that's running away from them.

I just want to be able to play FMT again. I can't get into more than two seasons because the game becomes really slow compared to the same setup on FMT.

This ain't it. It's just ain't it. I don't mind overpaying for the game instead of the 21/22 euros, but just give us choices. This don't seem like a proper decision, this is just something to please Microsoft bosses who ruined the game for the fans for the sake of money.

The AI squad building has definitely gone up a level this year, which bodes really well for my save going forwards. Liverpool just signed Declan Rice for £56m, Raphinha from Leeds for £48.5m and Merih Demiral from Juve for £18.5m in the summer window 2023. All three players were transfer listed so they got themselves some quality players at great prices.

Just thought I would say how good the Touch version is for the Switch. I can’t find any positive reviews for the game so I thought I would say how much I’m enjoying it. People are moaning about the controls. It’s a bit fiddly. However, once you get used to it, it’s fine. I was worried about Touch not being available for the IPad at first. It looks great on a big tv too. Well done SI I say.

Edited by mwjfm2011

An 'Even Better If' for the Xbox Version on PC would be for the Transfer Tab on a player to show the asking price when a player is transfer listed players. Currently the screen only shows the players Transfer Value and you have to go to either the Report screen or back to the scouting hub to see this info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2021 at 15:03, Desmond Richardson said:

Thank you very much for the info. I'll pass this onto the team. 

Hi @Desmond Richardson

I've been meaning to get back to you on the match speed post patch. It appears to be fixed, perhaps by a minor update? 

I've played a decent amount of FM22 touch on the switch now and I'm very happy with how it plays. Hats off to the team tasked with the switch release. The addition of 5 nations really improves the depth of my saves 👍

I do have a question on the data hub and in particular the team average position data. I can understand why the data hub is a lighter version of the full fat data hub found in the pc version of FM, however on that point, I'm not sure why the average position data map/image isn't available? Or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? 

I really relied on this graphic in previous versions of FM so any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated 

On 13/01/2022 at 21:33, Stagman said:

@Desmond Richardsoni haven’t bought the New FM 22 game the Xbox edition yet. Is there an option which there wasn’t in the FM 21 game which was very disappointing  of adding a new manager like in the old FM 07 and 08 games and being able to manage multiple teams instead of only being able to manage a single team? 

Unfortunately you can't do that is this years iteration.

On 15/01/2022 at 19:02, Rhsmcfc said:

Is it possible to unlock sugar daddy on fm22 touch nintendo switch?

This isn't possible within Switch.

3 hours ago, DeepLyingForward said:

Hi @Desmond Richardson

I've been meaning to get back to you on the match speed post patch. It appears to be fixed, perhaps by a minor update? 

I've played a decent amount of FM22 touch on the switch now and I'm very happy with how it plays. Hats off to the team tasked with the switch release. The addition of 5 nations really improves the depth of my saves 👍

I do have a question on the data hub and in particular the team average position data. I can understand why the data hub is a lighter version of the full fat data hub found in the pc version of FM, however on that point, I'm not sure why the average position data map/image isn't available? Or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place? 

I really relied on this graphic in previous versions of FM so any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated 

Glad to hear this isn't causing you any issues now. You need to go into the individual match report to view your average positions. You need to go into each individual report though.

On 28/01/2022 at 17:15, Desmond Richardson said:

Unfortunately you can't do that is this years iteration.

This isn't possible within Switch.

Glad to hear this isn't causing you any issues now. You need to go into the individual match report to view your average positions. You need to go into each individual report though.

Thanks for your reply @Desmond Richardson

I have followed your instructions, I've tried everything and I still can't see any average position graphic. Xg match story , shot map, starting formation and stats are available but no average position graphic. 

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going wrong. Please could you confirm that it's possible to view the average positions on the Switch? Thank you 

27 minutes ago, DeepLyingForward said:

Thanks for your reply @Desmond Richardson

I have followed your instructions, I've tried everything and I still can't see any average position graphic. Xg match story , shot map, starting formation and stats are available but no average position graphic. 

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going wrong. Please could you confirm that it's possible to view the average positions on the Switch? Thank you 

Sorry about this - there was some confusion on my end I think this came from responding to multiple users at the same time.  Unfortunately, there isn't a way to view average positions currently within Switch. The Match Reports are slightly less detailed than the Xbox Edition.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Is it normal that I can't import set pieces routines?  

Also, I wanted to put the NoFake but, despite having correctly copied the various folders, the change does not seem to be present (example Zebre for Juventus)

Are there any limitations in this version on xbox?

Sorry for these questions but yesterday I ran into problems that I didn't expect to find myself

Edit: 

Since I could not find a solution, I could not resist, and I bought, as I already did with Fm21, the Steam version 😂😂😂

More flexibility

Edited by The_Rock

• 4 weeks later...

Long time FM user here. Whilst I have always enjoyed the depth of detail in the full version, having a much more busier live (work, kids, etc) I enjoy the ease and speed of which to go through the game with the Xbox edition.  I understand the desire to remove a lot of the interactions and team dynamic management in the Xbox edition to speed up your seasons.  But I do think there are two things that are missing in the game that should be in Xbox edition.

1) the ability to praise/criticise training and game performance.  Removing the dialog options would make it faster and keep the idea of what the xbox edition is trying to accomplish.  Just a simple click on the praise or criticise button would be nice.  

2) the ability to see your teams familiarity with your tactic and how they are working together.  Team cohesion is such a key part of a successful team in this game it is a hard to know how they are doing in the Xbox edition.

Cheers.  I hope the Xbox edition is around to stay!

• 3 weeks later...

I am around 12 seasons in, and I can't help but feel an important part of the game is missing... something that make its harder to do well....

I have a fairly decent squad, playing as middlesbrough, currently into my 3rd stint in the prem and 3rd consecutive year, finishing around mid table, pushing euros

Now my problem is this, teams like Inter, Juventus, Man U, Chelsea etc, the elites, can make an offer for my players, my player will state in the offer screen that Inter is his preferred choice, i can reject all offers...and face no repercussions!

If i did this on the PC, the player would be unhappy and request a transfer, unsettle the team probably.

The only reason a player seems to put a transfer request in, is playing time.

So in theory, you could amass the greatest team of all, do terrible, and they will stay with you as long as you play them...

This needs sorting out for the next installment on the xbox please.