[WIP][FM21] Norwegian lower leagues (updated 23.09.21)

XaW

Guest Darkness89
1 hour ago, XaW said:

Thanks, it's a nice learning experience. Thinking about doing the same thing for FM22 as well when it comes out.

Sounds like a great project. Unfortunately I don't play enough if I have time in the future I will definitely use it.

9 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Oh @XaW, damn you! 

I uninstalled FM in advance of 22... and now you give us this! 

If it's easy to update it to the new game, I'd love it if you could do so. Really like the idea of starting off with a team in Northern Norway.

Thank you :)

Sorry mate! :D

Sure, if it's easy enough, then I don't see why I won't do this for FM22 as well.

Enjoy!

13 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Oh @XaW, damn you! 

I uninstalled FM in advance of 22... and now you give us this! 

If it's easy to update it to the new game, I'd love it if you could do so. Really like the idea of starting off with a team in Northern Norway.

Thank you :)

you best head to Alta, and enjoy the 37yr Morten Gamst Pedersen scoring from every setpiece you give him (corners included).

nice work XaW, could have definitely used this prior to starting a long multi save with a mate. 11 seasons on and not having the extra, for B teams alone, has been the only gripe.

if you fancy extending Denmark first up on FM22 release, i'd be extremely greatful :)

but always appreciate good quality extensions. so well done

2 minutes ago, vara said:

you best head to Alta, and enjoy the 37yr Morten Gamst Pedersen scoring from every setpiece you give him (corners included).

nice work XaW, could have definitely used this prior to starting a long multi save with a mate. 11 seasons on and not having the extra, for B teams alone, has been the only gripe.

if you fancy extending Denmark first up on FM22 release, i'd be extremely greatful :)

but always appreciate good quality extensions. so well done

Yeah, I got this working way too late, but I started it a while back. Did get a bit frustrated with how the editor works, so I had to take a break. Did finally got 4. divisjon added and working sort of real. The promotions are not ideal yet, but they constantly change in real life, so I just kind of have to estimate them anyway.

I'm really only doing this since I'm Norwegian myself and want a lower league save, so no plans of doing Denmark, but you never know if I get bitten by the editor bug! :D

• XaW changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Norwegian lower leagues (updated 23.09.21)
  • 1 month later...
On 22/09/2021 at 14:24, XaW said:

There's been very few lower league mods for Norway, and the ones I've found mostly aren't very updated and or correct. So I decided to have a go at editing and make one myself. This is not a very sophisticated mod, but it should work down to the 5th tier in Norway, opening up the view-only 4th and adding the 5th. If anyone wants to give it a go, please let me know how you find it, and please report any bugs not listed below.

UPDATE:

Added a v3 with a few new changes. Nothing major, but some small QoL and some tweaks to the relegation spots.

Removed the 6th tier from the league selection
4. Div Agder - Changed from 1 to 2 relegation spots
4. Div Indre Østland - Changed from 1 to 4 relegation spots
4. Div Sunnmøre - Changed from 1 to 2 relegation spots
4. Div Telemark - Changed from 1 to 3 relegation spots
Added sorting rules to all 4. Div sub divisions

Changes:

Made the 4th tier manageable
Added 5th tier with correct regions
Relegation to 6th tier added with regional teams promoted
Removed the first season not being played due to covid

Known bugs or oddities:

Eik Tønsberg 2 - 4. Div Vestfold - Not linked to parent team - Fixed

Bærum 2 somehow ends up in 4. Div Oslo 1, not 4. Div Oslo 2
In rare occations teams swap divisions to make the numbers even (Mostly to Buskerud). Not been a big issue in tests as it's usually as close as it gets.
    - Ørn Horten went from Vestfold to Buskerud
    - Odda went from Hordaland to Buskerud
6th tier being selectable from the league selector. - Fixed in v3
Some promotions are not correctly done, but they work for the spots given - Improved in v3

Missing Teams

Flint 2 - 4. Div Vestfold - Fixed
Nome - 4. Div Telemark - Fixed
Sokndal - 4. Div Rogaland 1 - Fixed
Djerv 1919 2 - 4. Div Rogaland 2 - Fixed
Ranheim 3 - 4. Div Trøndelag 1 - Fixed
NTNUI 2 - 4. Div Trøndelag 2 - Fixed
Råde 2 - 5. Div Østfold - Fixed

Future improvements:
Sub-division championship match (Oslo, Rogaland, Hordaland, Trøndelag) to determine Kretsmester
Tweaking relegation/promotion (4th to 5th and 5th to 6th tier) to make it more real
Verify club info further
Add players to a lot of teams
Earlier start date option. The game starts with a few games played already for some reason
Sorting rules needs adding, currently it's random - Fixed in v3

Instructions:

Download the file and put it into the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data folder. When starting up a new career, click the drop down menu in the top right and make sure the file is ticked off in the list. Select Norway in the next screen down to the level you want and play. I recommend ticking "Add players to playable teams" when starting a new game, otherwise a few teams will have very little players in their squads.

Special thanks to @Wolf_pd for editor help!

Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2608584763

Norway_lower_league_v2_XaW.fmf 33.83 kB · 19 downloads

Norway_lower_league_v3_XaW.fmf 35.31 kB · 42 downloads

Some Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

yrzwORM.png

xZBTFhv.png

J9X1ixT.png

Wmwb3LP.png

Q9z4LPD.png

OaJwLly.png

Thanks so much for this dude. I can't believe I've only just discovered this thread, I've been looking for a mod like this for Norway since FM2021 released. 

I must have stopped looking a few months back. 

I hope you will do this same mod for FM2022, it would be fantastic. 

This might make me revisit FM2021 until the match engine is sorted in FM2022. 

I love the fact we can manage our B team in the lower divisions about the Norway lower leagues databases.

Edited by TheMattB81

51 minutes ago, TheMattB81 said:

Thanks so much for this dude. I can't believe I've only just discovered this thread, I've been looking for a mod like this for Norway since FM2021 released. 

I must have stopped looking a few months back. 

I hope you will do this same mod for FM2022, it would be fantastic. 

This might make me revisit FM2021 until the match engine is sorted in FM2022. 

I love the fact we can manage our B team in the lower divisions about the Norway lower leagues databases.

Glad you like it! I've also looked for it for a long while, and since I couldn't find any I decided I had to learn how to use the editor and make it myself. It's not perfect, mostly since I'm not that good at the editor yet, but at least the basics works. With lower leagues relegation and promotion are a bit strange, since teams sometimes fold and stuff at this level. So it's an approximation of it.

I do have the plan to do the same for FM22, I just need to wait for the editor to be released! :D

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

Glad you like it! I've also looked for it for a long while, and since I couldn't find any I decided I had to learn how to use the editor and make it myself. It's not perfect, mostly since I'm not that good at the editor yet, but at least the basics works. With lower leagues relegation and promotion are a bit strange, since teams sometimes fold and stuff at this level. So it's an approximation of it.

I do have the plan to do the same for FM22, I just need to wait for the editor to be released! :D

Excellent. If you do one for FM2022 that will probably be my main career game doing the youth challenge, but managing the B team also. 

Just now, TheMattB81 said:

Excellent. If you do one for FM2022 that will probably be my main career game doing the youth challenge, but managing the B team also. 

I'm just waiting for the editor to drop, and if things go smooth then I can import this file and just tweak some things to make a base version. IF, and I repeat IF! :D

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm just waiting for the editor to drop, and if things go smooth then I can import this file and just tweak some things to make a base version. IF, and I repeat IF! :D

Yes that would be ideal, hopefully it does not involve too much work and that way you can get it done quickly which is good for us. Please tag me back to the thread if and when things start to happen. :)

1 minute ago, TheMattB81 said:

Yes that would be ideal, hopefully it does not involve too much work and that way you can get it done quickly which is good for us. Please tag me back to the thread if and when things start to happen. :)

Will do! :) 

• 1 month later...

I've decided to go back to FM2021 for a while since I'm a little disappointed with the issues affecting the current match engine. 

I'll be using the latest V3 of this update. 

However, before i start a long term save, I wondered if it has any fixture or attendance issues that were addressed in later versions of your FM 2022 version?

10 minutes ago, TheMattB81 said:

I've decided to go back to FM2021 for a while since I'm a little disappointed with the issues affecting the current match engine. 

I'll be using the latest V3 of this update. 

However, before i start a long term save, I wondered if it has any fixture or attendance issues that were addressed in later versions of your FM 2022 version?

Honestly, I don't know. I didn't notice anything when I played it, but I can't say it's not there.